Things that gross you out in WDW!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why, the original statement is no longer simple minded because of 15 pages of back and forth?

I take it as a personal insult that my wife, sister, or any other woman would be looked at strangely if breastfeeding, whether you see some breast (gasp) or not. It's fine in this country to over sexualize women endlessly (clothes, TV, movies, etc.) but breastfeeding is a problem? Unreal. Thank goodness my children are being brought up to have more respect for women and the natural processes of motherhood - they would never even bat an eyelash seeing a woman breastfeed.

If you took the time to read my comments right after that post I said the bottle is an option. I have nothing against breast deeding at all and I stated it at least five times.

If you are insulted tough because you didn't read the rest of what I had to say.

We passed one... with exceptions...

Any establishment with ONLY 21 and up can still smoke. Our county will never pass 100% - too many factory workers here.

Yeah, I'm kind of on the fence about that, our county allows smoking in bars the next county over banned it. I don't really oppose being allowed to smoke in bars, but at the same time, it is nice to go to a bar and not smell like smoke. If it is too smoky I always have the option to leave.

It almost seems like another situation of our government trying to over compensate to protect us from ourselves, but that is neither here nor there.

If you took the time to read my comments right after that post I said the bottle is an option. I have nothing against breast deeding at all and I stated it at least five times.

If you are insulted tough because you didn't read the rest of what I had to say.

I did read the thread, buy the way. You're an apologist, i get it.

You suggested to others that a bottle is an option, did you not?
I suggest to you that higher education is an option. Not that you should be insulted by that.

I've said what I wanted to say, let the banal back and forth resume, enjoy.

Why, the original statement is no longer simple minded because of 15 pages of back and forth?

Can we PLEASE stop the BF debate?? OP stated a personal opinion brought on several pages ago by a troll (jeepin... somebody).

We all just need to agree to disagree as NO ONE will be on the same page over whether or not it is appropriate to BF in public. We are a modest society where seeing a breastfeeding woman is uncomfortable - even though it is natural.

One of my BFFs whipped out hers in my home and my husband just about lost it. I didn't think twice about it. I think a lot of people lose sight that when a woman gives birth EVERYONE (mostly strangers to the mother) gets a show. BFing in public is nothing compared to that. While I personally don't think it is appropriate to leave a breast out in full of everyone, there is nothing wrong with being covered up and doing so. It's a child's food - let's not lose sight of that - and I bet a good chunk of the people on here were BF'd - we just don't realize it. Formula wasn't always around.

Since the ban on smoking in bars in Maine, they are actually seeing an increase in business.

Again, we have A LOT of people who smoke in my town/county.

I worked in a chain bar before the ban came down. Our owner had a choice of banning or allowing. He opted to outcast the families to keep a small number of smokers because if he didn't, his bar would close. His business has suffered greatly because of it. He has now chosen to relocate his bar to inside a mall where he could blame the choice on the location, removing himself from being the villian. It was just easier. He'll get some of the families back, but it won't be the "place to go" after hours anymore. In addition to a lot of smokers... we have a lot of drinkers too.

Can't say it's the best thing, but people around here sure like to use it as an excuse.

How dare you tell a woman she should use a bottle!

I take it as a personal insult that my wife, sister, or any other woman would be looked at strangely if breastfeeding, whether you see some breast (gasp) or not. It's fine in this country to over sexualize women endlessly (clothes, TV, movies, etc.) but breastfeeding is a problem? Unreal. Thank goodness my children are being brought up to have more respect for women and the natural processes of motherhood - they would never even bat an eyelash seeing a woman breastfeed.

:rotfl2:

You are too easily offended, get over yourself, this is the internet.

ETA: and for the record, until you can eliminate all perverts in this world, any time your wife, sister, or any other women shows their breast in public, they WILL be gawked at. No it is not cool, Yes it is rude and disgusting behavior by a neanderthal gawker, but it is still going to happen, no matter how "wonderful" the nursing process is. You can't stop it.

I suggest to you that higher education is an option. Not that you should be insulted by that.

Geez dude, tone it down, the guy wasn't attacking your family personally.

Why can't people get along on a Disney fan website? Agree to disagree and move on, both of you.

You would think this was a political discussion board the way some people respond to others.

Geez dude, tone it down, the guy wan't attacking your family personally.

Why can't people get along on a Disney fan website? Agree to disagree and move on, both of you.

You would think this was a political discussion board the way some people respond to others.

:lmao: :rotfl2:

You haven't been here that long have you? This is nothing! You should see it when they are actually discussing Disney stuff!

In an attempt to get this train back on track...

What I find disgusting are snot rockets and mucus (sp?) snorting... dude... just BLOW YOUR NOSE!!!

1. Spitting
2. Unflushed toilets. Do people not flush at home?

Ooooh, Tinkerbell. You got that #2 right!!! That is the grossest!
Just because a toilet has an automatic flusher doesn't mean you shouldn't
be sure it flushed! Flush the darn thing for gosh sakes! :sad2:

Toes! I can't stand looking at people's toes. Some are really gross!! (And this is anywhere, even on tv.)

The weird thing is that even though I hate them and try not to look, there's like this magnetic pull drawing my eyes downward and toward that nastiness. Ugh! I can't help myself sometimes.

How can you even stand to be at Disney?? Probably 98% of the people
are wearing sandals!:hippie:

I've said what I wanted to say, let the banal back and forth resume, enjoy.

Not at all! I don't really care that you are offended and actually the more I you type I am pretty happy that you are offended.

I was going to say BO but now that I read a few stories about people who have their kids pee into containers, I'm changing my mind.

What a pet-peeve this is for me! We have some hill-billy shirt-tail relatives (husbands side, OF COURSE) that live on a turkey (leg) farm. They taught their son to just pee on a bush if it was more convenient. So, there is the kid, at like age 5, visiting a mutual relative of ours and whipping it out to pee on rosebushes in the front yard in front of my entire family and other guests. I kid you not, this kid was no more than 15 yards from the bathroom! I'm thinking this is the same doofus mentality of the folks peeing in coke bottles and on shrubs at Dsiney World.

What the heck? Why are teaching your kids to be rude, disgusting and lazy? Get your own lazy butt out of line and take the kid to a bathroom. Maybe next time he WILL go before you get in line, like you probably asked him to. But if the kid knows that mom or dad will accomodate him in an emergency and pull out a mason jar if he has to pee what you are doing is not actually you being more smart, clever and resourceful than everyone else, it's you rasing a SPOILED BRAT. If you are going to potty train your kids then finish the job. The rest of us seem to be able to figure it out...

1. eating in the bathrooms:scared1:
2. the smell of urine on the steps and at the top landing of the volcano slide at the Poly
3. smelly bodies especially when you get into a ride seat after them...
4. people who throw trash or leave melting ice cream, novelties on the ground or in a water fountain..come on people, there are trash cans EVERYWHERE at WDW
5. horny teenagers gettin a little too..."into it" on the monorail even with little kids in the same car:sad2:

2. the smell of urine on the steps and at the top landing of the volcano slide at the Poly
4. people who throw trash or leave melting ice cream, novelties on the ground or in a water fountain..come on people, there are trash cans EVERYWHERE at WDW
5. horny teenagers gettin a little too..."into it" on the monorail even with little kids in the same car:sad2:

A good time to teach the little ones where babies come from :eek:

Maine isn't full of midwestern retirees or factory workers...

Illinois has a state wide ban on smoking in all public places. Several municipalities in the St. Louis area have also passed bans (though a county wide ban has failed twice now I think).

I stay away from people smoking because it bothers my asthma and thus I avoid going to places that I know are gong to be really smokey (bars and such). But that is MY choice and I understand its either go there or deal with a tight chest. I choose to avoid. My dad was a smoker (he finally quit) but he was also a considerate smoker and stopped smoking anywhere around me when I was diagnosed with asthma (not that he openly smoked around me much otherwise) including to cease smoking in his own house (he smoked in the garage and outside)

We saw a couple like this a few years ago in the line for Splash Mountain.
It looked like they were going to go at it like Brer Rabbits.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter