• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

things that annoy you

-Unsupervised obnoxious teenagers
-People who are rude to cashiers at the market
-Phone soliciters
-People who blast music from their car so loud that your car shakes
-Screaming babies at the movies (this happened yesterday at Star Trek-why would you take your baby to a movie like that??)

I guess all of the above can be lumped into one thing: inconsiderate people :(

2 lanes that can both make lefts.

I am sitting in the right lane waiting for the light to turn green so that I can make my left.

The arrow turns green- I proceed to stay in MY (right) lane as I am making the turn. HOWEVER! It never fails, you always have someone in the left lane that needs to be in MY lane after the turn is completed!??:mad: (so they put their right blinker on, and I, of course, ignore them and speed up so they can get it!) WHY? You ask, do I do that? because they should just pick the darn lane they need to be in before the turn- and stay there! One area in particular is outside of my neighborhood- so the person(s) who are doing this certanly are not lost! They know which lane to be in!

Sometimes right in the middle of the turn- Oh! They just automatically come into my lane, b/c that is where they want to be! Who do these people think hey are?

It happens every single time I am in one of these double lanes!:confused3:mad::sad2:

Girls Gone Wild comericals, and the comercial for the "magic touch" thing....

The worst is... RUDE children!

People who smoke RIGHT in your face. Literally blow it into your face. Also, cars that have horrible exhaust fumes and you have to smell it. A lot of the people who smoke also have the cars with terrible fumes, which they probably can't fix because they spend all their money on their darn cigarettes. Sorry...long day at a toll booth today and my throat hurts and I got a horrible headache because of it. I'm really peeved at people who think they have every right to blow smoke in your face. :mad:

Billy Mays and all his stupid commercials he screams in.

People who are on their cell phones in stores while being waited on. How rude.
The cashier or person behind the counter is trying to ask said person questions while the person on the cell has a conversation about their bad hair day.

People who have cell phone conversations in restaurants. I actually witnessed a man put his cell on speaker and converse inside a restaurant. No one working in the restaurant said a thing. This was not a fast food place, but a nicer restaurant.

People who pull out in front of you in traffic and then go slooooooow.

Regis Philbin.

Gilbert Gottfried.

People who talk on their cel phones while conducting other business - like at the bank teller window, while paying at the grocery store, etc. Hang up the darn phone - pay for your groceries and then you can call your party back....geez what is wrong with people? :thumbsup2

This may seem little, but it REALLY annoys me.
Backtracking.

If I"m in a car and have errands to run, I want the straight line there and the straight line back. If I pass something, I am aggrivated beyond belief if I have to turn around just to go back the other way again.

Seems trivial and picky, but I can't tell you how much it bothers me...:headache:

Toilet paper rolling from the under side.
Jean Claude Van Damme movies.
Lobsters. Always lobsters.

When people spell my name kristen instead of kristin-especially when they are a. family or b. they are copying off of somewhere that it's spelled with the i-I mean COME ON!

Also, line cutters

OMG I'm so irritated with all the male enhancement ads!!!:mad:

I don't need to know that you are larger, that you perform better, or that you have that old spark back! I do not care!

Next in line are all the KY commercials! Really, is nothing too personal to talk about on TV anymore???

I remember when tampon commercials were the most embarassing thing on TV...:scared:

Coworkers who ask you to have lunch with them and then proceed to talk on their cell phone the ENTIRE time. No thanks, I'd rather eat alone and read the paper then feel ingored or spend time having lunch with my friend in another department. At least she likes to have a conversation with me!!!

I can't stand when someone in line ahead of me in a store feels the need to tell their whole life story to the cashier who they don't even know and hold up the line forever. Please pay and go away. A nice, friendly comment is fine, but tell the saga somewhere else.

Happened a few days ago............Had to order about 6 different things at the deli counter. Was ordering my second or third and a new customer comes up behind me. Whenever the clerk asked me if there was anything else and I said yes, the guy behind me loudly sighed and moaned. He eventualy stormed off only to come back to see me there. He asked me rudely, are you done yet? I ignored him. Sorry I didn't see a sign that I was limited to one cold cut item. :rolleyes:

Toilet paper rolling from the under side.

I am the opposite- if I go somewhere that has it rolling off the top I have to control myself not to take it off and fix it so it comes out the right way- from the bottom.

The word thru, isn't it through?: And anyone that says I seen such and such.

Slow drivers in the carpool or fast lane,

People talking on their bluetooths while in stores or not in their cars.

Indian Tech Support aka Dell Hell

THis one just happened this week when my son was in the ER babies/toddlers out in public in nothing but a diaper. Dress your kid, it looks trashy not to.

WalMart, the whole experience there for me is just too much to take

Dr's that give you too much information. THey may be interested in describing everything in great detail because it fascinates them, but my 11 year old DD doesn't need to overhear how a possible surgery is going to scar her for life and possibly hurt her forever. Have some tact.

Parents that use a Barney voice really loud when interacting with their kids so that everyone looks at them and supposedly thinks they are a great parent.

Kids misbehaving/shtieking/runninh all over places they shouldn't while their parents ignore the bad behavior

I am sure there are tons more, I am easily annoyed.

The biggest annoyance for me, people that don't take "No.", for an answer.

People who seem to think their time is more important than everyone elses and drive in an exit only lane for a mile only to cut into traffic at the last minute. Then they get mad if you won't let them in immediately.

Pretty much anyone breaking rules on the road annoys me. I spend a lot of time driving in the city and people just make up their own rules. Red lights don't apply to some. Want to make a left turn from the right lane? Sure, why not.

one of my biggest pet peeves are people who are always late. I can understand the occasional tardiness because things happen once in a while. But the people who are always late, just because the can't get their rear in gear really annoy me.

I also can't stand rewarding bad behavior. And this goes from anything like bail out money down to letting a kid out of grounding early. If people learn that when you screw up, you pay the consequence, then maybe people will work harder at not screwing up. An example of this is my nephew. He can really be a terror when he doesn't get his way. So when the grandparents take all the grandkids (which is just my 2 kids and my nephew) out or all of us including adults, they always do what my nephew wants. Why, because they know he will throw a huge fit if he doesn't get his way, and they don't want to have to deal with it. Which annoys the heck out of me, because my son even said to me once "I guess since we're good we'll never get to do what we want when nephew is around". Yeah, that's a lesson I want my children to learn, be bad and you get your way, be good and you don't. Now to be fair to my in-laws, they take just my kids out plenty of times, so they do things with them that they want to.

People who talk on their cel phones while conducting other business - like at the bank teller window, while paying at the grocery store, etc. Hang up the darn phone - pay for your groceries and then you can call your party back....geez what is wrong with people? :thumbsup2

And it's never anything vitally important that they are discussing. I've never heard any of them saying things like, "So, I'm getting a new kidney and I should get to the hospital right away?" or "You're in labor?" It's always conversations about the most mundane things. I think some people can't stand silence and they have to fill it, whether they actually have anything to say or not.

People who throw cigarette butts out car windows or in the sand at the beach. They don't just disintegrate when they hit the ground.

My boss.

My boss. (yes, I know I'm repeating myself. It bears repeating, believe me) ;)

Whoever it was who mentioned the two turning lanes heading in the same direction, if I didn't see NJ in your location I'd have asked if you commuted at the same time as me; I have the same exact situation on my way to work in the mornings, and people are JUST as moronic about it up here!:headache:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter