Things I would never have done without the DIS

I learned on Dis to trade my non-Dis time share for a Dis time share.

The dis was wrong about one thing. How long it would take. Everyone on the board said it would take a few months and you wouldn't have much choice on the resort. :sad2:

Put the request in Feb for our trip in September. 3 days later i got the call about the trade and was offered a 2bd at OKW. Asked if I could get BC, YC or BW instead. Got a 2bd for a week at BW for 4 people. :banana::cool1::thumbsup2

My DDs are now spoiled and always want their own room.

What a great trip and having the room booked 6 months in advance did help.

Air Conditioned CS Restaurants:

MK:Cosmic Rays, Columbia House, Pecos Bills
EPCOT: Sunshine Seasons. Electric Umbrella
AK: Pizzafari

to name a few

Over-ride the a/c sensor in the hotel room:
"On the thermostat push the power button and the down arrow (that adjusts the temperature) at the exact same time. If you do this correctly there will be the letters "bp" where the temp #s usually are. You are now bypassing the room sensors. You can set the temperature whereever you want and it keeps it that cold whether or not you're in the room. You may have to do this once a day if the system resets."

Soooo many things i have done thanks to the DIS board!!!!

First and most important....learning that Disney had a campground...so we could afford to go and have our magical trip!!!!

And all the rest..
-Make ADR ...and one of them before park opening...magical!
-Eat in the castle...and watch my daugters reaction !
-Have a birthday button for my son and first visit for the rest of us and a ''celebrating '' wonderfull husband and father for my husband..so many wishes all day!!!
-Make costumes for the kids to wear at Magic Kingdom...many little magical thing happened !
-Use the past pass system
-Watch and have my son participating in the pirate tutorial and to the Star War thing with Darth Vador...the hilight of his trip!
-Light saber in Downtown Disney!
-Pin trading
-Go to the Tinkerbell treasure shop and see tinkerbell fly all around and have glitter put on my second daugther hair (she was dressed as Tink!)
-Have beautiful family pictures using the photopass system and knowing to ask the photograph for the special pictures(with simba and Tink and all the others!)
-Ride in front of the monorail
-See the candy lady in japan
-take rain poncho to kali river!
-Eat at Tusker House and have ticket to see Nemo the musical!
-Try the pique-nique in the Parc at AK
-Putting the green lime mickey ahd get the chance to say hi to fellow DISboarders
And many many many more little details that made our trip so magical!

So, once again, thank you so much everyone!!!

I've only been twice, but this forum gave me so much info. Because of the DIS I knew about:

Lime Green Mickey Heads
paths around the base of the Tree of Life
where to find the Wishing Well
beignets at POFQ
carriage ride at POR / POFQ
rope drop shows
the path to the bottom of the falls at the Canadian pavilion
watching Illuminations from the second level of the Canadian pavilion
good spots for pictures
less crowded pathways in the parks
the envelope method of tipping mousekeeping
go to a park the morning after it has evening EMH
Guest Assistance Card
the DDP snack list
CS meals that are so large two people can share
various ways of getting around WDW, one resort to another, one park to another etc.

I think the most important thing I learned from the DIS though is -- You can't do it all! There's always next time!

I would not have done all of the things mentioned in this thread, the Dis has made my love of WDW even better.

A few things I haven't seen mentioned.
I wouldn't have taken pictures of every food item/plate that I (or my family) orders.

I wouldn't plan covert missions to Home Depot's paint dept.

I wouldn't own so many lime green shirts.

I wouldn't spend hours trying to figure out how to print an envelope made by a DISigner for Mousekeeping.

I would never have used the word Mousekeeping!

Without the DIS:

I wouldn't be looking to try Beverly at Epcot, I hear it's delicious! ;)

I wouldn't know how great the DDP is!

I wouldn't know about the dance party at HS during EMH

I wouldn't know about the teardrop in MK

I wouldn't know to make ADR's 90 days in advance (soon to be 180 again and another thing I wouldn't have known)

I wouldn't be looking for a place to buy a Dole whip on our next visit

I wouldn't know what ADR, MNSSHP, MVMCP, etc meant

I wouldn't know other people could be as Disney crazy as DW and I:disrocks:

I have been on the DIS for 8 years now... there are so many things I don't even know where to begin.

If not for the Dis, I would never have had the courage to go on my first solo trip to MNSSHP. Thanks for all of the great tips and tricks! Hope to see some lime green mickey heads in September! :thumbsup2

webejoys

So far, I've learned from DIS...

1. ADR's
2. water @ CS in parks
3. cookie ice cream sandwich @ Main Street Bakery
4. The Plaza!
5. sundaes @ Beaches & Cream
6. pretzel rods @ DTD
7. Wishes fireworks from the beach @ Poly
8. Go in the morning to the park that had/has late night EMH
9. rope drop
10. AP's

So many more things to learn!! Thanks DIS!!
I'll be sporting my lime green Mickey ears in November...so will my 2 little Z's.

try school bread and dole whip
go through the rainforest cafe gift shop to enter AK
know what side is close to the water in Catastrophe Canyon
ride any 'big' rides! :rotfl2: i wouldn't have had the nerve
make decorated envelopes for tips (with $2 inside) for mousekeeping, etc.

there are so so many more! love me the dis!! :cool1:

Love this thread-

Just back a week ago and learned about the phone in Tomorrowland. I was showing my DD, 13, one night who thought it was "cool" and these two little boys came up and asked what I was doing. The look on their faces was priceless "Wow!" It brought a smile to my face....

After 13 great trips, we have done so much, but we still have so much to do:
Aloha Dinner
Illuminations Cruise
MNSSHP
Flower Show
Food & Wine
Segway Tour
KTTK Tour
AK Behind the Scenes Tour
"New Space Mountain"
Parasailing
Campground BBQ
Cirque du Soleil show
Finish resort hopping/ and staying once at every resort
etc., etc., etc......:rotfl:

I see at least 10 more trips in the future!

wow!!! there are still so many things I never heard of, and I consider myself a disney expert!!

I would say finding the paint brush on tom sawyer island, MNSSHP, school bread, and probably many more!

Without the Dis, I would have thrown away many FastPasses for rides we weren't able to get back to before the end of the time window printed on the ticket. Now we know they're good for the rest of the day.:

Wow is this true? If so then this is something I would have not know if not have seen on DIS.

I've been with ya on all til now: tear drop at MK, what's this?

I also want to know this, and I want to know about the phone in tomorrowland, and I want to know where the wishing well is...man I've been around here for a while and going on trip 12 in Oct- how'd I miss all of this stuff :confused3 :rotfl:

Also until this thread I didn't know about the stables and the campfire at FW.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter