• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Things I wish Disney would bring back!!

stashbin

DIS Veteran
I loved Pooh Corner
I loved Mousercise
I loved Kids Incorporated
I loved Donald Duck Presents
I liked MMC....not loved just liked.

I wish they still had this programming on the Disney Channel instead of all the tween shows all of the time. I mean the Wizards of Waverly Place and HM are ok but that seems to be all they show now. I miss the good ol days.

Any Disney show you miss that you wish would make a come-back?

not shows...(I opened the thread thinking it was about parks)
but heres goes, hope you don't mind
the last narration for TTA ( not the original)
Tapestry of Nations parade
Lights of Winter holiday lights at Epcot
Orig. Tiki show without Gilbert Godfrey
hotel prices from the 1970's :rotfl:
there is one show...Duck Tales...loved watching that with the kids

The Wuzzles
Dumbo's Circus
Disney's Sunday Night Movie
Kids Incorporated
The BabySitters Club
Adventures In Wonderland

etc....

I miss all of classic Disney.

Can you tell I was a kid of the 80's/90's? ;)

Definitely Donald Duck Presents and whatever the Mickey Mouse equivalent was (Mickey's Mouse Tracks??). I don't mind all the so-called original programming, but would it be SO awful to have the classic Disney cartoons on The Disney Channel just once a day??

I would really like it if they went back to the Vault Disney style of programming in the middle of the night too. I enjoyed it when they showed the old classic movies and Vault Disney Presents, even if it was at 2 AM. That's what TiVo and DVRs are for!!!

ETA: At WDW, Original Tiki room: FIRE the New Management (well, not literally, in light of recent events, LOL), Horizons, and World of Motion. Put them in the Wonders of Life Pavilion!! :)

Ok, I saw some Kids Incorporated being mentioned and I had to ask, was that show any good? I apparently was boss to a girl that was on that show (although I can't find any evidence besides a short mention).

But back on top:

TV Wise:

Duck Tales
Rescue Rangers

Park wise:

Tapestry of Nations
Year of a Million Dreams

I used to like when the Disney Channel first came out when they would run the original Mickey Mouse Club and the Wonderful World of Disney (with intros by Walt himself).

Remember DTV?

I would just settle for them to have a show without a laugh track and where the parents/adults aren't stupid. I never thought I'd long for the days of Lizzie McGuire!

For the parks - the original Imagination ride! And Mr. Toad's Wild Ride.

Oooh I got one, how about ticket prices rolled back to what they were about 5-10 years ago so that I don't feel like I'm being gouged at Ticketmaster for a rock concert. :thumbsup2

Ok, I saw some Kids Incorporated being mentioned and I had to ask, was that show any good? I apparently was boss to a girl that was on that show (although I can't find any evidence besides a short mention).

I LOVED Kids Incorporated. It was to me what Hannah Montana is to my 10 year old. Bad acting included. But the music was better, IMHO. :rotfl:

Little Known Fact: Fergie of the Black Eyed Peas sang, as a fresh faced, innocent, very pretty little girl named Stacy Ferguson on Kids Incorporated. She was the youngest member of the original band. She had a gorgeous voice. Even today, I look at Fergie, and see echoes of that pretty little girl in 80's clothes with poofed-up 80's hair. Actually, she looked better then. LOL

I loved Pooh Corner
I loved Mousercise
I loved Kids Incorporated
I loved Donald Duck Presents
I liked MMC....not loved just liked.

I wish they still had this programming on the Disney Channel instead of all the tween shows all of the time. I mean the Wizards of Waverly Place and HM are ok but that seems to be all they show now. I miss the good ol days.

Any Disney show you miss that you wish would make a come-back?

Definitely all of these. And Adventures of the Gummi Bears. I rent those from Netflix and my kids LOVE the Gummi Bears.

I miss Lion King Parade at Disneyland.

I miss the old outside dining of goofys kitchen at Disneyland.

I also really miss getting there early and parking right up in front of the main gate at disneyland. I do not like the huge parking garage and tram.

There was also a video dance area for older teens between It's a small world and tomorrowland that I was never old enough to go in. It closed before I was old enough.

I LOVED Kids Incorporated. It was to me what Hannah Montana is to my 10 year old. Bad acting included. But the music was better, IMHO. :rotfl:

Little Known Fact: Fergie of the Black Eyed Peas sang, as a fresh faced, innocent, very pretty little girl named Stacy Ferguson on Kids Incorporated. She was the youngest member of the original band. She had a gorgeous voice. Even today, I look at Fergie, and see echoes of that pretty little girl in 80's clothes with poofed-up 80's hair. Actually, she looked better then. LOL

I saw that Fergie was on that show when I was researching. I think my former Receptionist was a dancer on the last year it was on - it def explains her diva attitude - "tween tv stars" :confused3:rotfl2:

I miss most of the old Disney programming. The stuff on these days is really bad. It makes me so sad. If there were classic cartoons on, I'd have my eyes glued to the TV all day long!

I don't remember the exact title, but I liked the live visits to the parks they used to do.

The Vault Disney programming
Ink and Paint Club
Walt Disney World Inside Out

and at WDW, The Adventurers Club.

Mr. Toad's Wild Ride
The Adventurer's Club
Vault Disney with all of the old Disney programming
:thumbsup2

Horizons
Original TTA narraton
Beavertails
Tapestry of Nations
Old Backlot Studio Tour (or at least the get rid of the auto narration)

Just to name a few

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter