• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Things I Cant Wait For!

Boudin

Mouseketeer
Well, we are down below a week on our trip countdown. This one has been in the making since my wife and I returned from our Halloween Party trip in October 2014. We had such a wonderful time, we immediately started making plans to come back for the Christmas Party. The theme of this trip for us is new experiences. We have been to WDW numerous times, both as a couple and before. We've been with kids, parents, cousins, nieces and nephews etc... We decided this trip would be "just for us" and that we would focus on doing stuff we have never done. We started by procuring some DVC points and booking BLT which neither of us has ever set foot in. All our dining reservations and are at restaurants that we've never eaten at. We have FP+ booked for attractions that we've never been to (very few) or at least ones we haven't done in many years.

All that being said, there are some "classic" things that I just HAVE to do. And these are the things that have been filling my head in my idle time the last week or so. In no particular order they are...

Get a piece of fudge from the Main Street Confectionery

Spot something I've never noticed before in the cue at Haunted Mansion (I always do)

Pause for a second outside the MK entrance early in the morning and breathe it all in

Drink a cold beer late in the afternoon from one of the carts at World Showcase

Try not to get choked up during wishes (I am a grown man after all)

Ride Spaceship Earth and listen to the glorious voice of Dame Judi Dench

Buy an ornament from Ye Olde Christmas Shoppe

Just a few of the things that make WDW a place with no equal in all the world for me. This is going to be the longest work week ever.

Sounds good. Have fun. I'm arriving on the 12th and looking forward to the Osborne family lights at DHS.

Today is the day! We have a 10:30 flight tonight, and will wake up in the morning at the happiest place on earth.

I am super late to this, but thank you for this:
Pause for a second outside the MK entrance early in the morning and breathe it all in

I can't wait to do exactly that! And before I read it, I couldn't have told you what I was most excited about. It is 'breathing it all in'. Watching my girls enjoy it, watching DH enjoy it with them (esp since he doesn't drink the Disney kool-aid), being with my aging parents & aunt, being with my sister for a week, just soaking it all in

I totally didn't tear up at the OP..nope..not at all. I have one more sleep until I'm on a plane!! Things I'm looking forward to are:
-Walking down Main Street again
-Seeing the castle, taking it all in and feeling that magic again
-Pin trading

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter