Things Disney Offers But Doesn't Advertise *Summary Added Oct 08*

OK...don't get excited....I'm not subscribing as I already am subscribed....merely bumping!!!

Just so you aren't disappointed at not finding a tip ;-) - Sometimes you can discover Alice, and Winnie the Pooh, without a huge line, in the back of the toy shop in England.

i saw alice there last week!!! Walked right up tp her, no line!!!

I don't know if this has been mentioned - I'll add it again for anyone who may have missed.

Club Cool in Epcot. Found near Innoventions it's basically a advertising for Coca-Cola but it is set up with coke products from around the world. Sample cups are next to soda fountains for you to taste-test. A fun stop for a sugar rush. It was empty when we were there last week - I was surprised since it was so hot - I thought it would be full of kids looking for a cold drink.

We did lunch with an imagineer and I believe it was only $45 but that was 2 yrs ago. Had lunch at brown derby. It was a prefixed meal whereby you got soup, a choice of an entree, soft drink and dessert. There were only 6 people at our table so it was wonderful. Each person gets his own nametag. It looks just like the ones the CM's wear but was red. The imagineer is great at telling how different attractions came to be. ALso alot of trivia. It is kind of interactive as you get to ask questions. I believe it is offered 2 days during the week and it is either lunch or dinner. Dinner is more expensive.

At the end of the meal you get a signed plate. Mine was black and had wdw written on it in gold. Wonderful experience. Very worth the price
Oh my goodness! That sounds awesome. My dad's 50th birthday is in December and they are coming down for a visit. I'll have to call and see if they still do this, he would love it.

I found it really helpful to get some of the WDW travel related books from the library and read through them for interesting tidbits. If you really like a particular book you can then buy the 2008 edition for your trip. The books I looked at had info on special tours, behind the scenes stuff, etc.
I would also encourage you to talk to the concierge at the hotel you are staying at for ideas!

SO i have just spent the last hours reading this whole thread, and my notebook it getting fuller, i am already subscribed to thread, so this is not a subscription bump either!!

Another reason people say "subscribing" is to bump the thread back up to the top in hopes that it will attract more answers.

Just so you aren't disappointed at not finding a tip ;-) - Sometimes you can discover Alice, and Winnie the Pooh, without a huge line, in the back of the toy shop in England.

W saw them there, with Tigger and Eeyore too!

Well, This is an interesting tidbit. Not something I have done in the past, but my mom does it EVERY time she goes to disney world. She goes to downtown disney, and there is a store there you can buy Mr. Potato(cant spell sorry, get it from my father) parts and pieces. I know the price has gone up in the few years, but you can buy a cardboard box similar to a happy meal, and whatever parts you can squeeze in the box you get to keep for the flat rate, usually 20$. They change the parts out each year, so always new stuff.

One tip, open mr. potato and stuff pieces in him, or dont have him at all, and just get pieces. Mickey mouse ears, minni parts, etc for him/her. My favorite thing I got a few years back.

Be sure and check out all the shows at Epcot World Showcase. I know Italy has the Sergio show and they also have the world showcase players. China has the acrobats. Each country has 1 or 2 shows Be sure and get a times guide I know last time I went to Epcot I spent all day enjoying all the shows at World Showcase. Also dont forget about the little France bakery in the back they have the best pastrys.

Good thing I have three months till our trip, I need time to read this whole post!! Thanks for all the good info.

Maggi

Someone mentioned Janet2k's events on the first page. She has done some very creative events for small groups, including her vow renewal reception in the Great Movie Ride, a dinner for about 10 in the Haunted Mansion movie set at MGM, and a dinner at GF. She has truly been an inspiration to me.

Her events got me thinking :idea: and I decided a couple of years ago that I wanted to do something similar. Well...we all know how it is...life happens and my plans were put on hold.

Fast forward to NOW! I will be doing some "special events" of my own in October. It will be a celebration with a few friends of a very long year for me, my family and friends.

Here are the events that I am doing that I would never have known about, if it weren't for discussions just like this one! :cloud9:

The dinner at the Great Movie Ride (After the park closes)

Grand 1 yacht (this leaves from GF and is $400 per hour)...we will view Hallo Wishes and the Electric Parade from the boat

Private area for viewing Illuminations with a bar, appetizers and desserts

Breakfast in France! (Before Epcot opens)

Normally, I would never attempt to do this much at one time, especially since some of the events are waaaay "over-the-top". In fact, the only other time that I have done anything "out of the ordinary" at Disney in the past 10+ years is doing the Grand 1...2 years ago. We loved it! But, business is great, investments have worked...and most importantly to me right now....Life is Sweet :love:

I have really enjoyed reading this thread. There are so many things that I would never have known about if not for the DIS. Everyone here is amazing and the love we all share for all things Disney...simply priceless :grouphug:

I am amazed at what is possible at Disney!

The dinner at the Great Movie Ride is this a special arrangement or is this a "normal" thing you can make ADR's for like the dinner with an Imagineer?

Me too! But I'll have to wait till I have time to read it all :)

Thanks for all the info!

At Pop Century they have markers for each year between 1950-1999. It gives a little trivia fact for each year. We go and get our pictures made my our birth year. It makes a great page for the scrapbook.

Last visit my kids found out about pin trading. They loved it and we had a blast watching them trade for a pin and then trade that one for a different one. CMs with a green (?) lanyard can only trade with kids under 12, I think. If you are looking for "good" pins, morning is the best.

Last visit my kids found out about pin trading. They loved it and we had a blast watching them trade for a pin and then trade that one for a different one. CMs with a green (?) lanyard can only trade with kids under 12, I think. If you are looking for "good" pins, morning is the best.

That is correct. CMs with green lanyards can only trade with kids (12 and under).

This has been a fun thread to read! I'm glad the instructions for subscribing were included because I was getting kind of tired seeing the constant "subscribing" posts. They take up a lot of space on a page, and that's no small deal when the thread is already 28 pages long! :laughing:

This was briefly mentioned already but I didn't think it got the attention it deserved. The barber shop in the MK has a special for "first haircuts." We took both of my DS's there for their first haircuts (DS #2 had already had a haircut but they still gave him the first haircut treatment). They're wonderful with the little ones -- my DSs were both just turning 1 when they had their first haircuts, and so sitting still in a barber chair was not something that they could be expected to do. The barber (Michael :love: ) was prepared: he covered DS with Mickey stickers. His arms, his legs, even his nose had a sticker. So while DS was busy trying to get all the stickers off of his body, Michael began giving him his first haircut. Mom became kinda verklempt. :sad: After the haircut, DS received a Mickey ears hat that said "first haircut," a certificate commemorating the occasion, and Mom got a few locks of DS's hair in a tissue. It was wonderful!

This was briefly mentioned already but I didn't think it got the attention it deserved. The barber shop in the MK has a special for "first haircuts." .....

Any idea on how much adult hair cuts are? I'm trying to convince DBF to get his hair cut there. :cool1:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter