Things (at the parks) that still make you.......

Basically all of the above...

I remember on my first trip to WDW, we were in the bus and I saw the castle in the distance and I gasped loudly and the whole bus turned to look at me. Everything about coming into Magic kingdom..the train station, coming under and getting that first full view of the castle and walking up to it taking in the sights and sounds, humming along to the music.

Definitely Wishes and Spectro.

Walking into EPCOT. Again just the whole experience, walking around the bend form the bus stop, seeing SE, hearing the awesome entrance music and walking on the glittering pavement.

Once or twice we saw Mickey waving goodbye from the train station upon leaving MK... basically any time I see Mickey I freak out and become a momentary 5 year old.

Hope the bald eagle at Flights of Wonder at Animal Kingdom

Illuminations at Epcot

The Fife and Drum Corps in America at Epcot when they do any of the following:
Taps
God Bless America
inviting kids of all ages to come up and recite the Pledge of Allegiance

The flag retreat at Magic Kingdom

I guess I have a theme, huh?

My "tears in the eyes" Disney moments are:

1)Boarding Magical Express when we arrive and watching the video they play for you!Seeing the sign that we have entered Disneyworld..

2)First day @ Magic Kingdom and walking down Main Street looking at the castle instantly brings tears to my eyes!I have to pinch myself because it doesn't feel real to me!Magic Kingdom always makes me tear up no matter how many times I have been there...

3)Seeing my 9 year old son's excitement at seeing/meeting a character,his excitement at waiting to go on a ride,his excitement to watch a show,fireworks and parades...Really just getting to see Disney through his eyes makes me tear up every time!

4)Seeing my son and hubby go on rides together and smiling and laughing..

5)Wishes makes me tear up.

6)Making new memories with my son and hubby anywhere @ Disney,whether it be going on a ride that we haven't done before,seeing a show that we haven't seen before,meeting a character that we haven't met before or trying something new to eat....those kind of moments bring tears to my eyes.

7)Our last night at Disney ALWAYS makes me cry...Leaving Disney ALWAYS makes me cry....

Hope the bald eagle at Flights of Wonder at Animal Kingdom

Illuminations at Epcot

The Fife and Drum Corps in America at Epcot when they do any of the following:
Taps
God Bless America
inviting kids of all ages to come up and recite the Pledge of Allegiance

The flag retreat at Magic Kingdom

I guess I have a theme, huh?

Especially the flag retreat for me! But all of the above!

- Seeing the Disney Magical Express Bus at the airport

- Hearing the Magic Kingdom theme song as you pull into the bus terminal at Magic Kingdom on the resort bus

- Seeing the Castle for the first time

- Seeing all the kids on the mat interact at Turtle Talk with Crush

- The gloved hands of all the cast members waving on main street just after entering the park at rope drop - just love that!

Wishes. Our last trip was Feb '11 and I got to watch Wishes 4 times. I only tear up when I'm in the park on Main Street and listening to the music. When we were at the Contemporary we could hear the music but it wasn't the same.

Also, when we enter MK for the first time each trip.

- As the plane touches down at MCO I'm so beyond excited, I'm the one pushing and shoving to get off the plane because I got a date with Mickey!:rotfl:

- Like so many, seeing the castle.

- TIGGER!

- Love taking newbies. Getting their excitement levels up and seeing their reactions to everything.

- Watching my 65 yr old father interact with characters, especially Chip and Dale...his favorite.

A few more:

Getting to the top of Spaceship Earth. DH considered proposing there.

Golden Dream

Encountering Dopey - He's my favorite character and wouldn't you know that on my first day ever at WDW he was standing right there as I walked through the gates into MK!!!

I was going to say wishes.

But reading this, I think I meant to say everything.

Oh god, this is going to be an interesting trip :rotfl2:

There are so many! But to me going to EPCOT for the first time and seeing SE is a moment that always takes my breath away.

DD14 says seeing Belle makes her teary.

DS7 says seeing his "Gumpa" (our name for Grandpa).

Last year the day after Thanksgiving while at the Magic Kingdom (we had just arrived that morning from Maine) I had an embarrassing tearful moment during a dance with the characters type of little show right near the crystal palace area- I can't remember tha name of the show, but anyway....I got so EMOTIONAL because all I could think about was how very LUCKY we are to be able to be there as much as we are, and how some people never get to go there even once in their lifetime!! My husband couldn't imagine what in the world I was balling about!

What a great thread !!! The first thing that makes me smile, is getting off the monorail at MCO and seeing the WDW signs at the airport....then walking to ME and seeing the buses......

After that, it's getting to the resort and being told Welcome Home !!!

The Opening Show at MK always brings tears to my eyes and then when I see the Castle for the first time my heart starts to race and I can't wait to get onto the first attraction...which ever it might be...we change it up every time.

Other things are.....

Wishes, POTC, getting on the WDW Monorail, hearing the trail whistle for the first time...and last....having to say Good Bye on the last day.

I agree with all of these so much--- especially Wishes, the opening show at the MK, and the MK parades (and I don't stop to watch them either! It's like I see Mickey and BOOM I start crying.) What also makes me teary eyed now though is the spot on Main Street where DF proposed. :love:

Also, you know when you ride Soarin' at night, and you can just TELL that you're riding it with a bunch of first timers who have never ridden it before, and they jump and gasp and applaud at the end? That makes me tear up too. Where else in the world do people applaud after a ride?!

I don't just get teary eyed I bawl all the way through Golden Dream!:sad2: I cry down the ramp out the door and have to take a few minutes to compose myself!

Seeing toddlers run into Mickey's arms!:mickeyjum

Any proposal! We have seen 2 and I cried and took pictures(you would have thought, it was my DS asking or my DD being asked):cheer2:

I love good times and sharing them!!!!!!!:grouphug:

I just thought of another one. I've only actually seen this once, but it took my breath away, and I welled up the first several times I tried to tell people about it.

Seeing the castle go from it's daytime look transition to being draped in ice. :eek: It's stunning enough to just see the castle all lit up, but watching the transition was really something.

Everything that previous posters have said make me teary or outright bawling. And I have one more...

Getting into the elevator in TOT. Most people probably think I'm crying because I'm scared, etc. but really it's my favorite ride in the whole world and I just get so giddy and excited about going on it, that the tears come.

I have been known to need a pit stop in the restroom after RD at MK in order to compose myself because I'm crying so hard...

Wishes...always Wishes:flower3:

Festival of the Lion King when they sing Circle of Life

This past trip, my DD and I did the Halloween 5K at AK. At the end of the race, right before the finish line, they had Disney "triumph" music playing and you were running toward the sun along a small body of water where the sun was also reflecting off of. It was such a beautiful "wow" moment, that I'm sure was Disney crafted. Definitely made me teary eyed! :cloud9:

I am so blessed that I have been able to take my DD (14) on 3 trips, with number 4 coming up in less than a month.

There are so many times I have teared up, but the memories I remember most and that come to mind first:

Looking at pictures from each trip of her in front of Minnie's fireplace and in the gazebo. I have them from every trip and it's amazing how much she has changed from year to year. I will miss those photos this year.

Watching her as a 12 year old dance in the street with characters during the Move It Shake It Party and not minding that I was taking pictures.

Walking down Main Street with her last year at age 13 year old holding my hand and looking at me, smiling & saying, "Momma, we are home." This is the same teen who would roll her eyes at me if I breathed wrong at home.

Watching her and my nephew dance in the streets together (also last year). The first time we walked up to the Move It Shake it last year, DD and I burst out moving and grooving. :banana: My sister and her son (13) both stopped dead in their tracks, eyes bugged out in shock, and my nephew was SOO embarrassed! He stood nearby and watched us like we were aliens throughout the whole show. By the end of our trip, he was out there with us dancing. I told his mother that there was 'Disney Magic' and she would see another side to her son. She told me before the trip he would never he would never join us dancing in the streets, it just wasn't "cool".

and finally, when I check into my resort and they say, "welcome home" and DD and I head to our room.:lovestruc

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter