Thing to do in Orlando Pre-Cruise

faithtrustpixie

Mouseketeer
Hi There-

We are going to be on a 4-night cruise on the Dream on February 19. Since we're from the snowy midwest, we are leaving nothing to chance and arriving on the 17th.

We'll have 1 1/2 days in Orlando but we're not planning to go to WDW this time. Any suggestions on fun things to do in Orlando. DD is 6.

Thanks in advance!!

Before our cruise we are checking out the Brevard zoo for the morning, hanging out at the hotel and checking out Ron Johns at night. The day after our cruise we are going to Sea World for something new.

There's always the option of staying near the port to take advantage of the beach and things to do in that area. In the FAQ sticky there's a thread linked under Port Canaveral and it's full of great information put together by Shirley who owns a business in that area - hotels, restaurants, shops, activities.

We're staying at the port as well and taking advantage of the beach. But if you're in Orlando you have many fun things to do for a day and a 1/2. You could take the opportunity to explore the resorts that you've never been to before, go to Downtown Disney, or check out other areas of Orlando. There are outlet malls to shop, and you can go to many different tourist destinations all around the Orlando area. Good luck!!!

I cannot find the thread listed under Port Canaveral under Shirley.

Is there a link? Thanks

Kennedy Space Center is a great place to visit. If you like that sort of thing, it can easily fill 2 days.

If you'll have a car, a 6 yr old would love an air boat ride thru the wetlands. You go really fast and stop to see gators and lots of birds. There's one only only a couple of miles south of the airport. We did our last day with time to kill before our flight.

http://www.bcairboats.com/

Downtown Disney is always fun - our kids love MagiQuest, which they have there.

Legoland is opening in October 2011 in central Florida - we went to the CA Legoland and loved it.

We also always love SeaWorld and Aquatica (if it isn't too cold).

We are going to be in Orlando for 2 days also before our cruise in March. I have a 7 year old and was going to book the Pirate Adventure. I believe it takes place at the Grand Floridian resort. It looks like something my son would want to do.

We are going to be in Orlando for 2 days also before our cruise in March. I have a 7 year old and was going to book the Pirate Adventure. I believe it takes place at the Grand Floridian resort. It looks like something my son would want to do.

Not to get off topic, but your son will love the Pirate Cruise. My three kids did this when they were about that age and they still remember it and talk about it. They always refer to their Halloween candy and Christmas presents as their Booty:)

Sea World is really nice, and it takes a full day to see the shows and exhibits. My son loved it when he was younger. If you have any interest in the Space program, the Kennedy Space Center has a lot of interesting things to see including Imax movies, actual modules of spacecraft, and tours of the facility. If you would like a beach vacation, Disney has the Vero Beach resort which is about an hour south of the Port.

There is so much to do in Orlando. I really love that city.

We went to Medieval Times for dinner and went to WonderWorks (the upside down house) during the day.

Can you find a deal on the Nick Hotel? You can spend all of your time and never leave. :)

Hmmm...last time I went to Wal-mart and bought all the stuff that my darling teen forgot to bring, starting with her swim suit. She survived, but barely!

Sea World is great. Depending on ages, budget, etc. Discovery Cove is better than any dolphin thing I've done on any island. This is an all day, all inclusive program, but it is pricey.

@rstout01 - when did Downtown Disney add MagiQuest?! My kids have been to four different ones, where is it? Thanks! :goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter