• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Thin walls on dream/fantasy?

mindy327

DIS Veteran
For all of you who have been on the dream or fantasy.... Did you notice an improvement in the wall sound? I have been in the wonder and magic and could hear the neighbors conversations... Please tell me it's better and they figured out sound proofing.

For all of you who have been on the dream or fantasy.... Did you notice an improvement in the wall sound? I have been in the wonder and magic and could hear the neighbors conversations... Please tell me it's better and they figured out sound proofing.

I have been on both the Dream and the Fantasy and I slept like a baby not hearing a thing. :thumbsup2

Just off the Fantasy in February...I was shocked at how little we heard of our neighbours. Only rarely did I hear a slightly muted thud when something banged against the wall. I was very impressed!:thumbsup2

We sailed the Dream on our first 2 cruises and did not hear a thing. Both hubby and I both noticed that we could hear lots of noise on our last cruise on The Wonder. On the dream there was a connecting door and we never heard our neighbors. On the Wonder there was not even a connecting door and we could clearly hear everything on the other side of the walls. Also we could hear everything in the hallways. We joked the Wonder that it sounded like our neighbors were standing on top of our bed lol

Just sailed on the Dream. In fact we had some DISers next to us. They apologized for the noise their baby made and my response was "what baby?"

We thought the sound proofing was pretty good. I could usually hear things out in the hallway but not from neighboring rooms at all ( we were on Fantasy)

We had a room with a door for connecting staterooms, but we were not using it. We didn't realize until day 5 that our neighbors had a baby. We mentioned that their LO must be really quiet and they said no she had been crying all the time. They also didn't realize that we had a crying toddler, so something must be pretty good about the soundproofing.

We cruised the Wonder in Feb and the Dream last August. All sound we could hear was coming from the corridors, and then again, barely we could hear it.

When we sailed the Dream last year, we questioned if we even had neighbors on either side of us because we never heard a thing. Our stateroom was so quiet, that we booked the exact same one on the Fantasy for May.

Just got off the Fantasy for the second time,last Sat.
Got my proof on great walls,when as we're leaving CC,I'm on our verandah and there's a baby crying on the verandah next to us.
They take the baby into the cabin,but leave the door open. On the verandah,I can still hear the baby in the stateroom.I walk back into my stateroom,close the door and I could hear a pin drop,it was so quiet. I opened the door,stuck my head out....baby still crying in stateroom....closed my door,quiet again.
Honest:flower3:

We didn't notice any difference between the Wonder and the Fantasy, but we didn't have a problem with the Wonder.

The only noise that bothered us was kids running up and down the halls (thud, thud! of pounding feet) -- on the Fantasy.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter