They're putting fences up on the beaches

I hope these are permanent because I really like the look of them and I don't think there's any point in doing anything more substantial.

Hopefully whatever they put permanently will be similar to the temporary fence. I'd hate to have some kind of solid mass wall that blocks the view.

I hope these are permanent because I really like the look of them and I don't think there's any point in doing anything more substantial.

I would love to see similar to what they have at CSR on all the beaches and walkways, along with the signs. Anyone who passes the sign and then climbs over rocks and plantings into the water ..... well that's on them.

Disney%20Sept%202011%20Coronado%20Springs%20Friday%20019.jpg

Disney%20Sept%202011%20Coronado%20Springs%20Friday%20070.jpg

DisneySept2011CoronadoSpringsFriday074.jpg

DisneySept2011CoronadoSpringsFriday119.jpg

Disney%20Sept%202011%20Coronado%20Springs%20Friday%20121.jpg

DisneySept2011CoronadoSpringsFriday128.jpg

Disney%20Sept%202011%20Coronado%20Springs%20Friday%20130.jpg

DisneySept2011CoronadoSpringsFriday134.jpg

Yeah, that has been on my mind. All kinds of places for gators at POR.
But people go down into the water from the white sand beaches of some of the other resorts. Alligators rarely "go after" humans on land, it's once humans enter the water that they more typically be seen as prey. Or when alligators have been fed by humans and so come to associate humans with feeding time.
Or when humans get too close to female alligators on their eggs.

On a side note they need to clean the shallows of the lagoon. The vegetation in the shallows is an eye soar IMo and a wonderland for water moccasins. As a native Flordian I have thought about the snake issues much more than the gators. Moccasins are aggressive.

Along similar lines, any information on the status of watercraft rentals? I can't imagine they would be permanently done away with, but stranger things have happened.

Along similar lines, any information on the status of watercraft rentals? I can't imagine they would be permanently done away with, but stranger things have happened.
AFAIK all watercraft except for the ferrys to and from the TTC are still suspended.

I think what they are doing in the picture is perfect and wish it had been the case prior. That surely lets people know the danger and sets a boundary. I also think the sand leading up to the water needs to be removed as a further deterrent for people to cross over into that area. In any event this puts people on notice and the sign is very good at relaying the possible danger however remote.

Since they are including snakes on the signs,do you think we will eventually see "snake signs" along pathways in the Resorts as most of us have seen snakes at our Resort?

Also what about warnings for other wildlife-for example,we had a large Raccoon hanging out at All-Star Music last month-do you think Disney will put up generic "Beware of Wildlife" signs around the property?

I'm just wondering how far they will feel like they need to go.

Since they are including snakes on the signs,do you think we will eventually see "snake signs" along pathways in the Resorts as most of us have seen snakes at our Resort?

Also what about warnings for other wildlife-for example,we had a large Raccoon hanging out at All-Star Music last month-do you think Disney will put up generic "Beware of Wildlife" signs around the property?

I'm just wondering how far they will feel like they need to go.

If the animal can kill you then put up a sign.

So, no signs for raccoons, geckos, bats, etc.

How long until someone takes their special snowflake across the barrier because rules and good judgement don't apply to them?

At that point, it's on them. Putting up the bubble wrap to protect people from themselves should only go so far.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter