• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

~~ They're leaving the nest, sew it's time for a trip - or two - or three...~~ D~'s bag ~9/22 ~~

It's good to have some lazy days once in a while.

I think you never can have enough spending money when going to WDW and Universal Studios.

It sounds like Allison went too long without medication.

Believe it or not, it was actually a MAN who said that about me - and not a woman... He was literally pointing me out to his wife/female person with him, and he was quite loud about it - so it caused everyone at the bus stop to look at me.

That was a guy that said that?? He's lucky he isn't my significant other. I hope she gave him what-for.

Hoooray for single digits!!!
giphy.gif

Oh I hate that Allison is still in pain. Maybe a humidifier in her room at night?? I sleep with my mouth open at night & when I had my tonsils out, that was one of the things they suggested so I wasn't hurting so bad in the mornings. I know Allison had her wisdom teeth out and not the tonsils, but you could ask her doctor about it??

Hi, new to your posts ( I see you have quite a few Trip Reports!) I saw that this post mentioned outfits posted, and realized I recognized your Disney bags from other social media. So adorable! Enjoy your trip!

Hi D, still sending best wishes for Allison. :lovestruc
WOW! 48 Pounds for the suitcase?! Do you have a carry on suitcase/duffle/bag that you are bringing that has some extra room?:scratchin
Hahaha - yes I did finish them... Sigh, but I NEED a long tunic length shirt for this one - and the ONLY thing I am finding out there right now is black - sigh... I like black n' all, but I am afraid that I will be wearing a different black tunic length shirt every day - and that will get really old after a few days. :scratchin For that matter - I have 2 identical black tunic length shirts - and I honestly need to wear both of them. LOL I wish there was something I could do to make them look different? :scratchin
If you have any time in your busy schedule - could you maybe try to add something subtle to one or both of the shirts. Maybe if you had a piece of fabric or colored lace or something in one of the colors featured in the outfit you could put that on the bottom or on the sleeves or on the neckline of one of the shirts? That might make it a little more unique.
But, if you don't have enough time to do something like that, your accessories for all of your outfits are always fabulous!;)

Single digit Dance?!?!?!:jumping1: That's amazing!:cool1: You and Allison sounds very busy with all of your last minute shopping/errands/packing/ect! While it can get very busy and stressful - that last minute stuff always manages to get me very excited::yes::.
I am very excited for you two!:goodvibes:goodvibes:goodvibes

I hope Allison is feeling better and doesn't have to go back to the doctor...praying that it's just that she went so long without meds during the night. The first few nights after my surgery that I didn't take my meds round the clock I really noticed in the morning that my pain was significant. So perhaps that's it...? Hugs to both of you!

I'm so excited that your trip is coming up so soon ... and jealous and wishing I could stow away in your luggage! I found out that I'm getting a year-end bonus at work and I thought for about 0.00005 seconds about doing a quick solo trip, but I just can't go without my girls. My husband can stay home -- he doesn't love Disney the way the girls and I do and he'd be perfectly happy to stay home...I think next time we go home to Georgia for Christmas we're going to have to figure out a way to squeeze in a trip to WDW for a MVMCP.... :-)

So far so good... I think you are right. She still has a lot of pain if we are not on top of her med doses. She did stay home from school yesterday, but she was able to go to work last night. I am sending her to school this morning regardless, she has finals that must be done this week.

I am getting very excited to go... The weather here has been beyond bitterly cold - it's this time of year where it just gets so cold that your body goes into shock every time you go outside... So - I cannot wait to get outta here! LOL

That would have been very cool if you could have gone on a quick solo trip... I'd love to do one some day - this year would be optimal for me, since I have the AP, but it just doesn't look like that will happen. I just keep telling myself that once the girls leave home, I'll be rich - LOL... <----- That's not gonna happen either.

Allison is a trooper. and I know she will be OK for the trip!!! RIGHT?!?!

You need a bigger suitcase. seriously. i know how you pack. or get two. :idea: I was actually thinking about getting one just for our bathroom stuff lotions, shampoo, conditioner stuff.. ya know?

I hope so, I really really hope so... So far, it looks hopeful, but I am still a bit concerned. If there looks to be anything at all going on this week - I will be erring on the side of caution and taking her back into the surgeon.

Hahahaha... I know - I could really use two, but you aren't much better, Missy. ::yes:: And besides - I am a cheapo, I don't want to pay for any more baggage fees than I already have to do. I'd love to fly SW all the time, but I can't always.

Love you - mean it! :lovestruc

It's good to have some lazy days once in a while.

I think you never can have enough spending money when going to WDW and Universal Studios.

It sounds like Allison went too long without medication.

Yes, it is. :lovestruc

Hahaha - isn't that the truth!

Yes, I think so too... Looks like we will be taking a boatload of meds with us on our trip. It's always something, right?

That was a guy that said that?? He's lucky he isn't my significant other. I hope she gave him what-for.

Hoooray for single digits!!!
View attachment 144623

Oh I hate that Allison is still in pain. Maybe a humidifier in her room at night?? I sleep with my mouth open at night & when I had my tonsils out, that was one of the things they suggested so I wasn't hurting so bad in the mornings. I know Allison had her wisdom teeth out and not the tonsils, but you could ask her doctor about it??

Hahahaha... Well, she seemed to be in agreement with him. Oh well... I've moved on.

Me too - oooh, that is a good idea, I will see if BFF has one I can borrow. I don't think it would hurt to try?

Hi, new to your posts ( I see you have quite a few Trip Reports!) I saw that this post mentioned outfits posted, and realized I recognized your Disney bags from other social media. So adorable! Enjoy your trip!

Welcome!!!! I am so happy you found me... I hope you are enjoying my TRs? Thanks so much for following along! :lovestruc

Hi D, still sending best wishes for Allison. :lovestruc
WOW! 48 Pounds for the suitcase?! Do you have a carry on suitcase/duffle/bag that you are bringing that has some extra room?

If you have any time in your busy schedule - could you maybe try to add something subtle to one or both of the shirts. Maybe if you had a piece of fabric or colored lace or something in one of the colors featured in the outfit you could put that on the bottom or on the sleeves or on the neckline of one of the shirts? That might make it a little more unique.
But, if you don't have enough time to do something like that, your accessories for all of your outfits are always fabulous!

Single digit Dance?!?!?!:jumping1: That's amazing! You and Allison sounds very busy with all of your last minute shopping/errands/packing/ect! While it can get very busy and stressful - that last minute stuff always manages to get me very excited:
I am very excited for you two!

Hahahaha... Well... Sort-of. :scratchin I have my Disney VB backpack and Vera tote as my carry ons... The backpack has an extra pair of shoes, an extra outfit, a change of clothes, and that's about it. My VB Vera tote will have all of my stuff that I need to keep me not bored on the flight... Tablet... Magazines... All of my makeup (because I know they'd crush it on the flight)... So, no I don't really have room. Buuuuut... Since Monica is going to be there at the same time I am - I am hoping to use her Chip & Dale UPB on our first full day, then give it back to her right away, so I don't have to worry about trying to get that one home. Then, I will have room for the new VB Hipster I hope to buy while I am there. ::yes::

I might be able to do something like that? Right now, I am just planning to wear a lot of black tops - I think every day this trip will be a black top. Sigh. We'll see? :scratchin

I love the last minute stuff too!!! :woohoo: It's my favorite. Today is crazy... Tomorrow not so much... Thursday, Friday, Saturday and Sunday are crazy... Then Monday, not so much. We'll make it!

Thanks!!! We are getting close and very excited!!!!

********************************************************************************************

Yesterday, I worked out.... I was happy to get that out of the way.

Then, I worked upstairs for a few hours. I don't have the fabric yet for this bag... No interior or exterior fabric - it's coming, and should be delivered any day. Rather than waste time, I stay busy with things I CAN do, so I can sort-of stay caught up. So, yesterday, I worked on the applique... I drew it out, cut it out and pieced it together, so once the fabric gets here, I can just slap it on and stitch it out. ::yes:: So, I am limited as to what I can do, but at least I've made some progress. ::yes::

I did end up taking a short nap yesterday afternoon... While my wax pot warmed up... Then I got up and waxed my eye brows and such. I am going to have to do it again before I leave - but I thought it best to tame the forest a little bit. :lmao:

Allison went into work last night...

And Josh worked late.

So, it was just V and I... We had dinner and hung out.

Josh didn't get home until REALLY late - which is odd, he had a few issues at work. I woke up when he got home, then I wasn't able to fall asleep again. So, I am going on about 3 hours of sleep from last night. It might be a rough one today? :scratchin

Today... Well, I have to heavy lift. I'll get that done right away.

I have to call the Town Car service and pay that off... I should have done it yesterday, but I kind of forgot.

Then I will get ready and run to town... I have to stop at the bank to get cash for my hair appointment this afternoon... Then I will run to Target to check my schedule - I can't remember what I work this week, if I work at all?

There is a possibility that I will have to reschedule my hair appt for later in the week - I did recieve a text from my stylist that she has a Dr. appt this morning, and she may not be able to do my hair today... She assured me that she could get me in later this week if this happens.

Depending on the time, when I finish this - I will either go straight to my hair appointment, or I come home and have lunch.

I have to pick V up from school today, as we have our Tuesday evening appointment tonight.

It will be a whirlwind day for sure - and it will go by quickly!

*************************************************************************************************

*Below photos are NOT mine... I found them on Google

Allison and I are getting very excited... I wanted to take a moment this morning and post a few resort pictures... I know that Shades of Green isn't an often talked about resort. Shades of Green was formerly a Disney resort named The Disney Inn... In the 90's it was leased by the DoD and used as an Armed Forces Recreation Center, at a later time, it was officially sold to the DoD... Since this resort was originally built by Disney - there is a lot of attention to detail within the resort itself and the grounds, but since the DoD owns it now, you will not find any Hidden Mickey's anywhere.

The location and the price are prime... This is an older rendition of the resort... Before several of the additions. But you can see how it's situated on WDW property, and how close it is to the Poly/Contemporary and MK.

The%20Golf%20Resort.Disney%20Inn.jpg

Within the last year - SoG has done extensive remodeling work to their 2 pools... One pool was completely ripped out and redone and the other pool was redone and a water slide was added. I am really looking forward to trying out both pools and the water slide! I requested a room right behind this water slide - hopefully we get our request.

Shades-Mill-Pond-2.jpg

Aquatics__0031_1113_RDC__031.jpg

Shades of Green rooms are known to be the biggest standard rooms on Disney property...

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v416/dmgeurts/dmgeurts023/Shades-of-Green-Floor-Plan-from-**************.net_.jpg​

They have done the "standard" resort look recently - with the white duvet and the runner at the bottom of the bed. I still feel like these rooms are looking a bit worn and dated - especially the couches - however, I am not going to complain with the $69/night (tax free) room rate I was able to get.

Shades-of-Green-Room.jpg

Shades-of-Green-Room2.jpg

All rooms have a full balcony/patio with a small table and 2 chairs. This is probably one of my favorite things - as you all know, I love to sit out there with my morning coffee and just enjoy the waking up of the resort. :lovestruc It's something I greatly miss when we are staying at FQ.

Finally - a photo of the bathroom vanity... This is HUGE... With teen aged daughters (even though I am only taking 1 this time) - it's imperative that we have a HUGE mirror... And if you read my make-up routine I posted the other day, well - we will get a lot of use out of this. LOL

09%20In-Bath-Vanity_jpg.jpg

We are getting soooo close everyone! Allison and I are so excited. We are trying to reign it in a little bit, because we don't want V to feel left out - but we do quiet happy dances several times a day. :woohoo:

I hope you all have a wonderful day - prayers and good thoughts go out to all of you!!! :lovestruc

D~

Love SoG!!❤️ We were there when my son was 20 months old with my parents. I'm so excited for you!!!

I'm glad Allison was able to go to work last night -- how did that go for her? Sorry you didn't get much sleep, though -- I can't stand nights like that. We haven't ever stayed at SoG...I have always been able to find a WDW resort at a better rate than I can get SoG because of my pay grade...and I didn't know they ever discounted their rates - $69/night is fabulous!! I'll have to start watching for deals like that! That's such a great deal!

How did it go for Alli at work?

I'm sorry to hear you didn't get a lot of sleep last night. I hope you can get a little nap during the day today.

The Shade of Green resort looks nice.

If you are taking medication with you to WDW remember to pack it in your carry on. So you have it if your check in bags gets delayed and don't turn up when you expect it to.

Thanks for sharing all the SOG pictures. I don't think I've ever seen photos of the rooms before. SOG and Saratoga Springs are the only two resorts I haven't visited. I need to get there someday!

I'd say to keep up on Allison's pain meds, I was thinking that is why she wasn't feeling well. 20 some years ago I didn't get any & only took a low dose of Tylenol. Which is why I was probably in so much pain.

What a GREAT rate for SOG! DH's pay grade is too high to get a good deal, although we have talked about staying there before. For us anyway, staying ON property & getting Free Dinning usually ends up being cheaper.

SOG looks so neat! I have a cousin that is planning a Dec. 2016 trip and her hubby is ex-military so I think they are staying there. I'll have to share this pictures with her.

Hope Allison had a better night last night and an even better day today.

:daisy:Sounds like a good plan to pass "Chip & Dale" back to me, gives you room for your new hipster and you won't have to ship it. Especially since we will be neighbors!

How cool that Allison has friends that will be there also, if they meet up you can always join me if they do a teen get together :banana:. I hope she is feeling much better soon!

I was able to get a 'Ohanas & Cape May reservation so my DH will be happy. Disney is all about the food & relaxing at the resort for him. He does enjoy some rides & attractions :thumbsup2.

Monica

I am hoping to use her Chip & Dale UPB on our first full day, then give it back to her right away, so I don't have to worry about trying to get that one home. Then, I will have room for the new VB Hipster I hope to buy while I am there. ::yes::
That is a great idea! DO you know which VB hipster you are planning on buying? Or are you going to check out every style once you get there and then make your decision?
Since this resort was originally built by Disney - there is a lot of attention to detail within the resort itself and the grounds, but since the DoD owns it now, you will not find any Hidden Mickey's anywhere.
Did they get rid of the Mickey Pool? Lol I think that was the only "hidden mickey" to be found.
One pool was completely ripped out and redone and the other pool was redone and a water slide was added.
Wow, what a great addition to the resort. I stayed there about 6 years ago, and none of the new stuff was there. The rooms were very open though, which was a nice touch.
Also, that location is great!
It is wonderful to hear how excited you and Allison are to stay there again!

Hope Allison is having a better day today. Poor kid!

You are really going to like Shades of Green I think. I know you've stayed there before, but even as often as often as we have stayed in the true Disney Resorts, I still would not hesitate to return to Shades of Green. I think for our November trip we'll end up there for at least one night before moving to our villa. We have yet to try out any of the pools there, so I'd love to do a trip where we could hang out at the pool for a little bit. Both of our stays there have been short and then one was solo and I ended up at another Disney resort pool hanging out with friends.

I'm sure you are looking forward to getting away from the cold there. We have had such a mild winter so far here in MD that I haven't felt that need to get away as much as I normally do. It's been cold the last week or so here, but even that hasn't been consistent...we were in short sleeves over the weekend and outside for at least two days. There are supposed to be MAYBE some snow flurries here today/tonight but that's the first time this winter season which really is crazy.

I really think my daughter and I should plan a trip for just the two of us when she turns 16, so that gives me 3 years to plan! :) If you can swing it this years, since you have that AP, I would definitely recommend a solo trip. It really is nice to just takes things at your own pace and not have to cater to anybody else!

How is dd doing?

Thanks so much for asking about DD. It has been really rough for her. I pick her up and bring her home at every lunch hour (thankfully we live close to the school) and every recess I either pick her up or she goes with an aide and spends her time in the workroom. Last week was her birthday. Whenever a kid has a birthday, they get to stand at the front of the classroom and all the kids wish them a happy birthday. During the song, the bullies made "fart" sounds with their hands. She ended up hating her birthday. My heart breaks for her. At least her teacher keeps an eye on things so during actual class time, things usually aren't too bad.

I hope Allison's pain is better. It is too bad that she's in the middle of finals - bad timing for the wisdom teeth. Of course, when does an emergency ever happen at a good time?

I love the photos of SoG. It looks like it will be a nice place to stay.

:dogdance: Woo Hoo for single digits! :dogdance:

Well Allison went to work, so hopefully that means she's feeling better. I forgot to mention (and maybe it's too late) that DS lived on omelettes after he had his wisdom teeth out. Good protein and easy to chew.

We stayed at SoG in early November, but I'm not much help, because I was at a conference off-site and spent very little time in the room. The room was HUGE compared to CBR where we had stayed just before moving over there. We did enjoy eating a pizza and drinking beer out on our patio (first floor) one evening. I didn't even make it out to check out the pools or eat anywhere on property, so I'm totally no help there!

Have a great trip!

Dropping in one last time before I leave early tomorrow morning to say...have a wonderful, magical trip!!! I'll be thinking of you and Allison on the opposite coast when I'm at DL. :goodvibes

Hi Dee - We are at WDW right now and leaving for home tomorrow. The weather has been cool for most of our trip but not too bad. The high has been around 63 and lows around 44. Just make sure to bring something warm at night. :)

I hope you have a great trip. :)

I second the humidifier idea! As soon as the heater comes on, I pull out the humidifier :) It's more for my dry eye, but helps soooo much with a lot of winter issues.

I can't believe y'all are soooooo close!!! I can't wait!!!

Have a blast!!! (in case I don't comment again before you leave) I do read EVERY DAY!! :love:

Love SoG!!❤️ We were there when my son was 20 months old with my parents. I'm so excited for you!!!

I am very excited to stay there too! We've only stayed there once - in 2008, but it was a great trip. The only thing that has kept me from staying there on our girls trips, is the fact that there is no ME and that driveway gets to be long at the end of the day - but now that I am in better shape, I am hoping it's not as bad as I remember. :scratchin We are very much looking forward to it though!

I'm glad Allison was able to go to work last night -- how did that go for her? Sorry you didn't get much sleep, though -- I can't stand nights like that. We haven't ever stayed at SoG...I have always been able to find a WDW resort at a better rate than I can get SoG because of my pay grade...and I didn't know they ever discounted their rates - $69/night is fabulous!! I'll have to start watching for deals like that! That's such a great deal!

It went OK... She definitely needed meds when she got home, but she was able to work her shift, so that was good. ::yes::

Yes - if you go to their website's main page and scroll down, you will see all of their monthly offers listed... They do change them often - so I've been watching for October releases for V's trip... As much as she wants FQ - if I can get SoG for $69/night again, she won't have a choice. LOL But right now the offers don't encompass all of our dates.

How did it go for Alli at work?

I'm sorry to hear you didn't get a lot of sleep last night. I hope you can get a little nap during the day today.

The Shade of Green resort looks nice.

If you are taking medication with you to WDW remember to pack it in your carry on. So you have it if your check in bags gets delayed and don't turn up when you expect it to.

It went OK... She did need a round of meds again when she came home, but she made it through OK.

We are very excited to stay there... These temps at home are really sickening already - and I cannot wait to get outta here! LOL

Yes - I will - thanks so much for the reminder! :lovestruc

Thanks for sharing all the SOG pictures. I don't think I've ever seen photos of the rooms before. SOG and Saratoga Springs are the only two resorts I haven't visited. I need to get there someday!

You should try to get there one day - it is a very nice resort... A little ~meh~ in spots... like the hallways are a little echo-y, but you can sort of tell that it was once a Disney resort, because there is a lot of detail in it.

I'd say to keep up on Allison's pain meds, I was thinking that is why she wasn't feeling well. 20 some years ago I didn't get any & only took a low dose of Tylenol. Which is why I was probably in so much pain.

What a GREAT rate for SOG! DH's pay grade is too high to get a good deal, although we have talked about staying there before. For us anyway, staying ON property & getting Free Dinning usually ends up being cheaper.

Yes - we definitely are. It's not always easy, as she is very conscious about taking meds at school - but I keep telling her that she must.

Josh's pay grade is quite high as well, but I just kept watching their main page for their discount offers, and I stumbled upon a great 40% off deal back in ~gosh~ March or April? and I jumped on it - so glad I did! it made it possible to do U/S for Allison. :woohoo: So, watch their main page for deals. ::yes:: I've been watching for V's trip - but they have yet to offer any deals that encompass those dates, but I've been watching every morning in the hopes that I will find a good rate for her... With Disney upping their prices so much - it's very difficult to be able to afford a trip - I so hope that this trip goes well with Allison, because if it does, we may just be SoG converts for good.

SOG looks so neat! I have a cousin that is planning a Dec. 2016 trip and her hubby is ex-military so I think they are staying there. I'll have to share this pictures with her.

Hope Allison had a better night last night and an even better day today.

It's a great resort - it's been several years and trips since we have stayed there, but we are really looking forward to it.

Thanks - I'll have an Allison update below. ::yes::

:daisy:Sounds like a good plan to pass "Chip & Dale" back to me, gives you room for your new hipster and you won't have to ship it. Especially since we will be neighbors!

How cool that Allison has friends that will be there also, if they meet up you can always join me if they do a teen get together :banana:. I hope she is feeling much better soon!

I was able to get a 'Ohanas & Cape May reservation so my DH will be happy. Disney is all about the food & relaxing at the resort for him. He does enjoy some rides & attractions

Monica

Oh good - I was hoping you would read that and like my idea. LOL

True... It looks like we will only have one day to overlap - and it's the day we are planning to do all 4 parks (they are only doing ONE Disney day - don't get that, but whatever - LOL)... And they are only doing MK - which is our very last park... So, hopefully they will still be there when we get there.

Yay!!! Happy DHs are a good thing. LOL I am looking forward to meeting him. :) And seeing you again! :woohoo:

That is a great idea! DO you know which VB hipster you are planning on buying? Or are you going to check out every style once you get there and then make your decision?

Did they get rid of the Mickey Pool? Lol I think that was the only "hidden mickey" to be found.

Wow, what a great addition to the resort. I stayed there about 6 years ago, and none of the new stuff was there. The rooms were very open though, which was a nice touch.
Also, that location is great!
It is wonderful to hear how excited you and Allison are to stay there again!

Yes - I am planning to replace my Perfect Petals Hipster - it is so worn out that it's almost embarrassing to carry, and I still carry it every day... I was going to do it last trip - but I was trying to be careful with $$, because I knew I had this trip with Allison coming up. But I have the entire PP set (that I want anyways), to include the large duffel, backpack, large cosmetic, Vera Tote & Hipster... I also have the Flower Shower (coordinating non-Mickey VB print) Hanging Organizer, a few different wallets, Jewelry organizer and several other pieces... I have plans to also get the Grand Traveler in this print, I look at it every time I go into the outlet, but I have yet to purchase it... I will - because I do need one more big bag in this print for when we go to the lake in the summer. But yes - I do have a small obsession with coordinating travel bags... My favorite part about the Perfect Petals set, is that VB has the coordinating Flower Showers, so I can fill in pieces as I need to. :lovestruc

From what I understand - when they added the water slide - they completely redid the Mickey pool, but from what I can see in pictures, it still appears to be Mickey shaped? I will know for sure when we get there. ::yes::

Yes - we are very excited! I cannot wait to get there!

Hope Allison is having a better day today. Poor kid!

You are really going to like Shades of Green I think. I know you've stayed there before, but even as often as often as we have stayed in the true Disney Resorts, I still would not hesitate to return to Shades of Green. I think for our November trip we'll end up there for at least one night before moving to our villa. We have yet to try out any of the pools there, so I'd love to do a trip where we could hang out at the pool for a little bit. Both of our stays there have been short and then one was solo and I ended up at another Disney resort pool hanging out with friends.

I'm sure you are looking forward to getting away from the cold there. We have had such a mild winter so far here in MD that I haven't felt that need to get away as much as I normally do. It's been cold the last week or so here, but even that hasn't been consistent...we were in short sleeves over the weekend and outside for at least two days. There are supposed to be MAYBE some snow flurries here today/tonight but that's the first time this winter season which really is crazy.

I really think my daughter and I should plan a trip for just the two of us when she turns 16, so that gives me 3 years to plan! :) If you can swing it this years, since you have that AP, I would definitely recommend a solo trip. It really is nice to just takes things at your own pace and not have to cater to anybody else!

Thanks! I will do an Allison update below. :thumbsup2

I am very excited to stay at Shades of Green again - especially after so many years of staying at a Disney resort... I am anxious to compare the two - I am hoping that I will like it enough to want to stay there again, because it seems to me to be one of the only ways I will be able to continue going to WDW - as staying on Disney property is just getting to be so expensive.

I wish our winter was mild... I think we are on day 5 or 6 of these windchill temps... It's old - very old and I cannot wait to have some heat! LOL Jealous of your wather.

You should!!!! It's so much fun!!! We'll see - I also have Allison's airfare to Europe to pay for in June (on top of graduation expenses) - so I really think my vacation budget is tapped out. Sadly.

Thanks so much for asking about DD. It has been really rough for her. I pick her up and bring her home at every lunch hour (thankfully we live close to the school) and every recess I either pick her up or she goes with an aide and spends her time in the workroom. Last week was her birthday. Whenever a kid has a birthday, they get to stand at the front of the classroom and all the kids wish them a happy birthday. During the song, the bullies made "fart" sounds with their hands. She ended up hating her birthday. My heart breaks for her. At least her teacher keeps an eye on things so during actual class time, things usually aren't too bad.

I hope Allison's pain is better. It is too bad that she's in the middle of finals - bad timing for the wisdom teeth. Of course, when does an emergency ever happen at a good time?

I love the photos of SoG. It looks like it will be a nice place to stay.

:dogdance: Woo Hoo for single digits! :dogdance:

This just makes me so sad. Big hugs to you and dd. :hug:

Thanks - I will do an Allison update below.

We are very excited!!! Cannot wait to leave and spend this time with her! :lovestruc

Well Allison went to work, so hopefully that means she's feeling better. I forgot to mention (and maybe it's too late) that DS lived on omelettes after he had his wisdom teeth out. Good protein and easy to chew.

We stayed at SoG in early November, but I'm not much help, because I was at a conference off-site and spent very little time in the room. The room was HUGE compared to CBR where we had stayed just before moving over there. We did enjoy eating a pizza and drinking beer out on our patio (first floor) one evening. I didn't even make it out to check out the pools or eat anywhere on property, so I'm totally no help there!

Have a great trip!

Well, she is doing oK - as long as she keeps up on her meds.... I will do a bigger update below.

Hahaha.... Sounds like you had a good time though. :lovestruc We are excited to stay there again -it's been so many years, but we do have fond memories of it.

Dropping in one last time before I leave early tomorrow morning to say...have a wonderful, magical trip!!! I'll be thinking of you and Allison on the opposite coast when I'm at DL.

Yay!!!! I hope you are feeling better? Best wishes and good luck on your race!!! You will do great, I know it! :goodvibes

Hi Dee - We are at WDW right now and leaving for home tomorrow. The weather has been cool for most of our trip but not too bad. The high has been around 63 and lows around 44. Just make sure to bring something warm at night.

I hope you have a great trip.

Aw, Sue - I was so hoping our trips would over lap... One day... ::yes:: Thanks for the weather update - 60s sound heavenly right now. I have 2 fleece jackets and light gloves packed... I hope that is enough?

Thank you - have a safe trip home!

I second the humidifier idea! As soon as the heater comes on, I pull out the humidifier :) It's more for my dry eye, but helps soooo much with a lot of winter issues.

I can't believe y'all are soooooo close!!! I can't wait!!!

Have a blast!!! (in case I don't comment again before you leave) I do read EVERY DAY!!

Ok - it looks like I may need to invest in one of these?

We are very excited!!!!

LOL - thanks Jennifer! :lovestruc

OK a super quick update today....

First - Allison... I took her back into the surgeon yesterday - she had the start of dry socket (in the molar area that was infected) - so they packed the open area with gauze soaked in clove oil for the pain... So, then last night - she was syringing out the wound areas, and she didn't hear that she wasn't supposed to syringe out the one with the packing in it - so she washed it right out. Sigh. I will take her in today to have them repack it again, if she needs me to. They don't necessarily do anything for dry socket, it's not an infection, so it isn't treatable with antibiotics (which she is still on anyways) - it's just painful, so they treat it with pain meds. So, we will see how today goes for her? They had told me yesterday that they would repack it for her before we go on our trip, if I need them to. :scratchin We'll see how it goes...

I was able to get my hair colored and cut yesterday... We didn't really do anything different to it - my stylist just made my layers a little more blended.... And she did a few extra burgundy low lights... I'll try to get a picture. Yesterday was just too crazy for me.

Today... I found out that I work at Target - a long shift at that. Sigh. Not really in the mood - but whatever. I know it's my last shift for 2 weeks... So, I will (grudgingly) get through it. LOL It will make today go by fast - so I guess it's OK.

We are getting close everyone!!!! Sooooo close!!! I still have a lot to do... I have meal planning for Josh and V while I am gone... And grocery shopping for it... We still have nail appointments to do... And I am still hoping to get some work done upstairs if my fabric ever arrives. Sigh. I didn't have a custom order on the books for this week - but I am trying to work ahead as much as I can. ::yes::

I hope you all have a wonderful day!!! Prayers and good thoughts go out to all of you! :lovestruc

D~

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter