~~ They're leaving the nest, sew it's time for a trip - or two - or three...~~ D~'s bag ~9/22 ~~

I'm glad to hear you had a fun day shopping with Josh.

It's a good idea to shop Christmas stuff after Christmas and get a good discount.

I can't believe it's only a little over 2 weeks until you leave for WDW. You're so lucky.

Yes - it was fun. Shopping after Christmas is always the best - if you think that what you want will still be available.

I know - it's coming so quickly - we are really getting excited! I am a bit nervous for our flights as we have layovers both directions, especially on our flight home - where the layover is only a bit over an hour - I am nervous that we won't get deplaned on time to make our connecting flight.

Chiming in from lurkdom! I love all the sewing you do. I just want to mention that you have inspired me to be more creative. Because of your threads, I actually got up the nerve to start my own business making custom backpack bags and quilts. Before reading your threads and seeing all you do, I was always in a mind set of "who would really want to pay for my creations", but between all of your creations and the encouragement through your strength to keep running and working toward a healthier you, you have inspired me to make the leap and believe in myself and my creations and try putting them out there for the world to see. Mind you, I am just in the "creating an inventory" stage, but I wanted to just say thank you and let you know that you are inspirational in more than just healthy living!

Thank you!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Welcome! I am happy to have you here and de-lurked. ;) Thanks! I love hearing when I've inspired someone to pursue their passions. Congratulations! Best of luck to you! :thumbsup2

You look great in your new leggings and shirt.

Thanks! I do really like them!

I LOVE all your looks. The leggings! The tunic! So fun, stylish and they look comfy! You look great D!

Thanks! Overall - I am happy with them... I kind of wish I had made the tunic a hair bigger - it's not really too tight/uncomfortable - but it is a bit. Oh well...

Your new outfits are adorable. :)

Thanks Sue! Overall, I am happy with them... I am still on the look out for more tunic length tees/tank tops - which are difficult to find here this time of year... I guess I could make more - but that's pushing it for ordering/delivering/time to make said item at this point.

**************************************************************************************

I was so excited to share with you all, my outfits that I've been working on... Now that that's out of the way - I started "packing mode" yesterday... I am still missing a couple of pieces, but overall - I have most of it, and I really needed to start packing.

So, here's the loot... In no particular wearing order... If something is missing, I will let you all know in the photo description. ::yes::

Almost all of my outfits this trip are capri leggings with tunic length tops - I wore outfits similar to this in November, and they were super comfortable for the weather and touring. So, I decided to just "go with it" for this trip, too. I did not photograph any of my fleece jackets with these outfits - but I will have 2 of them with, if needed... Solid black and solid red. I also plan to purchase a pair of lightweight gloves to have with, as well.

First up is Steamboat Willie outfit #1... I really loved this look when I was there in November, and I am super excited to be doing it again. This is one of the outfits I modeled for you all yesterday.... The black tunic I made from the Patterns 4 Pirates Layer Me Up shirt pattern, also my Aerie crop leggings, my black/white dot necklace, my headgear & SBW bag. I am pretty sure I'll be wearing my black dotted canvas shoes with this outfit, and I'll change into my flip-flops as needed.

20160102_102408.jpg

Minnie: I have a plain black knotted tunic length tee from Target, the red dotted leggings I made, my red/yellow/black necklace/bracelet combo, my Minnie bag and headgear. I have not decided on shoes for this one yet? Again - my black/white dot shoes seem to work well with most of my outfits - so they will be a staple again for this trip - they are easy to take off when I need to switch shoes and light enough to carry with me.

20160102_103640.jpg

Toy Story: While I ADORE this theme - this will be my 4th or 5th trip using it, and to be honest - I am getting a bit bored with it. I debated on leaving it behind, but nothing really fits DHS, IMO, as well as this one does. So, I kept it. If I continue to use this theme - I think I will be retiring this bag and possibly the head gear, then making myself a new one. :scratchin Anyways... I have a layered teal and white tank top for this day, over the top of one of my black Aerie crop leggings, I have the jewels from Erin and the head gear from my friend Jennifer... I will be bringing my running shoes with for this day - so I have one day (for sure) with decent shoes on my feet.

20160102_104151.jpg

Donald: My #1 guy - for always. I may have a new theme or two for each trip - but Donald will always be close to my heart. I wore this exact outfit in November - and I really loved how it photographed and how it looked on me. So, I am going for it again this trip. Layered royal blue and white tank top combo, plain black Aerie crop leggings, my classic Donald butt bag, my jewels from Erin and my ears from Jennifer. I'll likely try to wear my flip flops with this outfit.

20160102_104954.jpg

Goofy: This was one of my favorite new themes from my November trip too... I love that there is just so much I can wear with this! At this point in time - this is the outfit - but I am toying with some ideas here, so it's highly likely that this outfit will change dramatically. :scratchin For now, I have a layered lime green and white tank top over my black dotted crop leggings, jewels from Erin, Ears from Jennifer and bag from me. Not sure which shoes here - either my black dotted ones or my flip flops, or both.

20160102_104650.jpg

Steam Boat Willie outfit #2: Gray long sleeve lightweight tunic length sweater from Target, plain black Aerie crop leggings (I have several pairs of these), SBW hair pretties, black/white dot necklace and either my dotted shoes or my flip flops.

20160102_102625.jpg

Chip & Dale: A big THANK YOU goes out to my friend Monica who loaned me this bag for this trip - this last theme would not have been possible with out that gift. Navy blue tank top - this one is kind of flowy, white denim capris, brown belt, hair pretties (still waiting on the headband to attach them to, to arrive) and no jewels. I have not decided if I want to try to find some last minute, or just go with out? This tank top is a little higher cut at the neck - so I think it wouldn't look awful without? Not even a clue what I am going to do for shoes - probably my red keds? They are pretty dirty and I am not sure I'll be able to get them clean - I may have to splurge on a cheap new pair from Target? :scratchin

20160102_124432.jpg

Harry Potter: White tank top over a black 3/4 sleeve cardigan with a gray skirt. I think I might wear a pair of crop leggings under this skirt - so I am more comfortable during the day and not having to worry all the time if my bum is riding up. ::yes:: I have a Gryffindor themed hair bow (headband is still coming) - but it is the only thing in my outfit that's Gryffindor themed - so I am a little unsure of it? No idea what I am doing for shoes with this? I have nothing for jewels. And then just my bag. So, I feel like this outfit is a little bit lacking - but I hate to spend too much on something I am not sure I will do again? I probably will - but who knows when? Because it's so expensive.

20160102_105333.jpg

And that's it for outfits... I will also have some basic staples with me on this trip... Basic denim shorts, basic denim capris - a few random tanks/tees/fleece jackets for layering and being comfy. ::yes::

So, today.... Allison and I are headed out - we are on a mission to find her a cheap pair of shoes for the trip - all she was planning to bring were sandals, and I want to make sure she has something with that she can change into if necessary. While I am out and about - I will be on the look out for a longer shirt to go over those dotted leggings for my Goofy outfit - The tank I currently have it paired with barely covers my bum - and those are the leggings I made with the screen printed fabric, so I definitely NEED a shirt that fully covers my bum. ::yes:: I also need to buy 2 pairs of those super cheap lightweight gloves.

So, is there anything you all think I am missing from above? Anything I need to get?

I hope you all had a wonderful New Years weekend! :grouphug:

D~

Last edited:
Your outfits looks great.

Crossing my fingers that you and Alli will find her some new cheap shoes.

So, today.... Allison and I are headed out - we are on a mission to find her a cheap pair of shoes for the trip - all she was planning to bring were sandals, and I want to make sure she has something with that she can change into if necessary. While I am out and about - I will be on the look out for a longer shirt to go over those dotted leggings for my Goofy outfit - The tank I currently have it paired with barely covers my bum - and those are the leggings I made with the screen printed fabric, so I definitely NEED a shirt that fully covers my bum. ::yes:: I also need to buy 2 pairs of those super cheap lightweight gloves.

So, is there anything you all think I am missing from above? Anything I need to get?
Your outfits look great. I like the idea of the longer shirts with the leggings. :)

I just want to warn you that January weather is usually cold at night, even in Orlando. We are leaving on Saturday for our 4 night stay at WL and the weather prediction for our trip has shows a low in the 50's. Keep an eye on the forecasts before you leave. You won't notice the cold too much at MK. But if you plan to watch Illuminations or Fantasmic, it can be very cold in those open spaces, especially if the wind is blowing. I'm hoping that it stays warm, though.

Your outfits are loads of fun, D~! Loving the Chip and Dale especially since blue is my favorite color. :)

. I think I might wear a pair of crop leggings under this skirt - so I am more comfortable during the day and not having to worry all the time if my bum is riding up. ::yes::

I would definitely do this for Universal. They have so many rides where your legs are hanging free and you wouldn't want to worry about flashing people.

Have a great day!

Love all your outfits. You will be so cute and comfy...which we all know is the goal at WDW :)
I would make sure you have at least one pair of full length jeans with you. It could be pretty chilly at night.

This is going to be such a great trip....just you and Allison.....bonding time X100!

I love all your outfits. I want second it being cold at night in January. It's like a wind tunnel around Space Ship Earth ans World showcase. I wore my winter coat, hat ans gloves at nigh the last time I was there in January.
I'm glad you has a great shopping trip the other day and hope you can find cheap shoes today. I want to go out later and long for a new pair of black boots and kitten chow. For some reason, kitten chow is hard to find around here even at the pet food stores.
Enjoy your day
Liz

Your outfits are so cute! Sounds like you have everything pulled together. It's getting so close!

Your outfit for Harry Potter needs one of the striped scarves in any of the four school color combinations. Love the bag!!

I had to laugh because I was thinking about the weather in January too, but then I remembered you are from the great white north and wear your flip-flops year round! Charlie and I were chuckling at the people in the pool in December on the evenings when it was in the 50's and 60's. Charlie commented that they were probably from Minnesota!

Your outfits looks great.

Crossing my fingers that you and Alli will find her some new cheap shoes.

Thanks! We found shoes - they were not cheap. Sigh. But as long as she wears them, I don't mind paying a bit more for shoes.

Your outfits look great. I like the idea of the longer shirts with the leggings.

I just want to warn you that January weather is usually cold at night, even in Orlando. We are leaving on Saturday for our 4 night stay at WL and the weather prediction for our trip has shows a low in the 50's. Keep an eye on the forecasts before you leave. You won't notice the cold too much at MK. But if you plan to watch Illuminations or Fantasmic, it can be very cold in those open spaces, especially if the wind is blowing. I'm hoping that it stays warm, though.

Hahaha... Yah - definitely longer shirts with the leggings. ::yes::

Forecasts for our trip are just starting to pop up - so I'll be watching. I know I didn't show my layers up above, but I will have two fleece jackets with and gloves - just in case. I may even have a sweatshirt or two? :scratchin

Your outfits are loads of fun, D~! Loving the Chip and Dale especially since blue is my favorite color.

I would definitely do this for Universal. They have so many rides where your legs are hanging free and you wouldn't want to worry about flashing people.

Have a great day!

Thanks! I do love how the C*D outfit turned out... I'll have to wear it at the beginning of our trip though - because those white capris are a hair tight on me, I don't think they will fit at the end of the trip. LOL

I will - Allison just informed me that she doesn't want to dress up for Universal now. :( So, I am not sure if I am going to dress up on my own, or just ditch the outfit all together and opt for denim shorts/capris and a tee shirt? I know that Hot Topic has really cute Hogwarts tees right now, which would be adorable with my head gear and wouldn't look horrible with my bag. :scratchin

Love all your outfits. You will be so cute and comfy...which we all know is the goal at WDW :)
I would make sure you have at least one pair of full length jeans with you. It could be pretty chilly at night.

This is going to be such a great trip....just you and Allison.....bonding time X100!

Thanks - I am pretty excited about my outfits - yet again. I am even more excited about my planned outfits for October - as we all know how much I adore Halloween in WDW. ::yes::

Good idea... I hadn't thought of bringing jeans... I will have my trusty sweat pants with me though - I don't ever leave home without those! ::yes::

I am excited - we need it right now... It will be a good reset for us and a good time to just "be". :lovestruc

I love all your outfits. I want second it being cold at night in January. It's like a wind tunnel around Space Ship Earth ans World showcase. I wore my winter coat, hat ans gloves at nigh the last time I was there in January.
I'm glad you has a great shopping trip the other day and hope you can find cheap shoes today. I want to go out later and long for a new pair of black boots and kitten chow. For some reason, kitten chow is hard to find around here even at the pet food stores.
Enjoy your day
Liz

Thanks! I'll be sure to have warmer items packed.... I am coming from MN though - remember - so "cold" is a little relative. It will likely be a heat wave for us. LOL But I totally understand - that wind tunnel effect can definitely make a person feel much colder.

Shoes weren't cheap, at all - but as long as she wears them, I don't have too much of an issue with paying a bit more.

I hope you were able to find black boots.... dress boots? Or winter boots? I have a pair of black dress boots that I love - they are from Target. I hope you found your kitten chow too! :thumbsup2

Your outfits are so cute! Sounds like you have everything pulled together. It's getting so close!

Thanks!!! Yes - we are almost ready... Well, I am anyways - I don't think that Allison has really even started. :scratchin

Your outfits are super cute! Loved seeing them with all the accessories

Thanks! I almost have to pull them all together like this, so I make sure i have everything packed. I am still a little bummed that I don't have much in the way of accessories for C*D and HP - but I will survive. ::yes::

I love all of your outfits. Everything looks fabulous!

Thanks!!! I am super excited about them. I tried to change it up a little bit, since I am really reusing all of my old themes - and it's a little hard sometimes to make it look different.

So cute and fun! You look fabulous!

Thank you very much!!! :lovestruc

Your outfit for Harry Potter needs one of the striped scarves in any of the four school color combinations. Love the bag!!

Thaanks - I did think of that, but like I said - I don't want to spend too much $$ on something I likely won't wear again... So, I opted to do the cute headgear rather than the scarf or tie. But Allison just told me yesterday that she doesn't want to dress up for HP anymore. :( And we were supposed to coordinate... So, I am not sure what we are doing now? We may end up doing just jean shorts/capris and a Hogwarts tee?? Now we are a little undecided. At least I am out nothing, since the clothes I had chosen came right out of my wardrobe. We'll see - we'll talk about it more and try to come up with something. ::yes::

I had to laugh because I was thinking about the weather in January too, but then I remembered you are from the great white north and wear your flip-flops year round! Charlie and I were chuckling at the people in the pool in December on the evenings when it was in the 50's and 60's. Charlie commented that they were probably from Minnesota!

Hahaha... Got 'em on right now. ::yes:: LOL - yes, we will be "those" people.

******************************************************************************************

Allison and I had a good time shopping yesterday... However - trying to find something that's suitable in FL right now is a little tough. Our stores are filled with fur lined boots and cold weather gear. Sigh. We circled the entire mall - stopping at every shoe store and every store that carried shoes -with no luck. The best we could do was a pair of Birkenstock sandals... So, I purchased those for her... As I was purchasing them - I remembered that we were rewards members at a different store, outside the mall that carried them. So, we stopped at that store on the way home, and found her the pair she really wanted and they were A LOT cheaper... So, now we have to go to the mall again and return the first ones. Oh well, she has a pair of decent sandals she can wear, plus her Nikes and a pair of dress sandals... She should be OK? I hope.

We ran a few other errands which didn't involve shoe shopping...

Then we came home, had dinner and watched the season premiere of Downton Abbey... So sad that this is the last season.

I'll be working out just as soon as the girls leave for school.

Today - my vacation is over... It's back to work for me. I enjoyed having the time off immensely - even though I was in my sewing room almost every day anyways.

That's about all... This week is pretty low key - since I all have on my list is a custom order... I so used to having custom orders + side projects + plus appointments... Ahh - I think I may have one appointment this week - but that's not too bad. LOL

It's next week that's a bit crazier with hair appointments, nail appointments, Dr. appointments... Yah.

A side question... Allison wants to purchase tickets to see Cirque Du Soleil while we are there - this is something she really wants to do, and is willing to spend her own $$ on (which she doesn't have a lot of)... Have any of you seen this show, and could you help us with seating options? We can get discounted tickets through SoG - but I doubt category 4 is really that great... Not sure that we need category 1 either? I'd love help with this if anyone knows. :lovestruc

I hope you all had a wonderful New Years and a wonderful holiday season! :lovestruc

D~

Last edited:
I'm surprised retain hasn't cleared out winter merchandise yet! They always seem to be so far ahead of the season when you need something IN season!

A side question... Allison wants to purchase tickets to see Cirque Du Soleil while we are there - this is something she really wants to do, and is willing to spend her own $$ on (which she doesn't have a lot of)... Have any of you seen this show, and could you help us with seating options? We can get discounted tickets through SoG - but I doubt category 4 is really that great... Not sure that we need category 1 either? I'd love help with this if anyone knows.
We saw this show and we were sitting too close. My sister had purchased front row seats and everything was happening in our faces. This show is best viewed from a little further back so that you can get a good panoramic view. Seats that are close to the center, whether close to the stage or far back, would be preferable to seats on the sides. I looked at the seating chart and I think the category 1 seats would be the best ones. Category 2 seats that are as close to the category 1 seats as possible would be my second choice. Category 4 is located in the corners and you are right, I think you would miss some of the show. I don't know what dates you are looking at but I would buy them soon if you plan to go.

I'm just going back to work this week after being off since December 7 for surgery and the holidays. I think I've forgotten how to get up early! LOL At least you have a fairly easy week (it sounds like) to ease back in after vacation. :-)

Love all of your outfits! I wish I was that organized for my upcoming trip. I think I have three shirts picked out, just need to figure out the layering as I will be wearing long sleeve shirts under my t-shirts. Well unless the temps are much higher than previous January's. Being from GA, anything below 70 is freezing to me. :rotfl:

I've been struggling a bit to get excited for this January trip and I'm not sure why? :confused3 I think maybe because I was focused on Christmas and not the trip. Also, Jim picked most of the dining options and I'm not super excited about any of them except BOG lunch. I really need to start packing and finalizing our plans!!

Hope you have a wonderful day!

I have not seen this Cirque show, but have seen one here local. I would not get ones really close, they are best seen slightly back from the stage. Check into joining the Cirque Club. I know they offer discounts to traveling shows, but not sure about the permanent shows, but worth looking into. Even if you help her splurge to get a different category, it is so worth it! They are truly AMAZING in person. I had watched them on tv for years before seeing one in person. It was spectacular in person!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter