~~ They're leaving the nest, sew it's time for a trip - or two - or three...~~ D~'s bag ~9/22 ~~

Your grandmother looks like she was a very sweet person. I love her smile. :) My sister had cropped my mother out of a picture of our parents in order to get a portrait of just him. He rarely appeared in family pictures since he was usually the one behind the camera and we all loved how happy he looked in that picture.

That was very thoughtful of your cousin to give you the nativity set and china along with the sewing machine. Like sewdisney, I didn't get anything from my grandmother. Her second husband gave it all to his family. :(

Oh D~, yes you do look like your Grandmother! I can see you in her eyes and in her smile. I have one or two things that were my grandmother's - my mother's mother, but nothing that was my father's mother, sadly. How thoughtful of your cousin to give you her Nativity set (Terkina - you might know it as a Creche?)
and her china!

My Katie has her grandmother's china - her dad's mother. She was given it before her grandmother died, almost 20 years ago. I gave Steve & Melissa (my oldest son and his wife) my step mother's china. Andrew will inherit my Pfaltzgraff Christmas dinnerware, and Shannon will get my china. Nice how that all worked out!

Wow! Your Grandmother's China is beautiful! And the nativity set as well?! What amazing gifts! Family keepsakes are the best

Thank you!!! I am so excited to have it! Yes - I didn't even remember the Nativity set until I opened the box... Then it was just this huge flood of memories. I agree - I am so fortunate to have them!

You got some great gifts yesterday. I have no clue of what a Nativity set is so I googled it and I think I got the right item from google. I can't wait to see a picture of it.

Thanks!!! I am very excited about it still... Tess mentioned a name below... Is that what it could be? The Nativity is typically small (or large, but most are small) depicting the night of Jesus' birth... So, it's Joseph, Mary, and Jesus in the manger - then usually the 3 Wisemen and an angel. My set even includes a few stable animals. :)

Your cousin is SO thoughtful. I am so happy for you to have received these treasures. My most treasured possession is my grandma's sewing book back from her sewing club days. By thw way, I've had good luck with replacements.com when adding pieces to my China set.
It sounds like you're off to a good start with your Thanksgiving meal. I, too, have all my holiday meal plans on scraps of paper. I keep meaning to rewrite in a pretty format, but my scraps bring back so many good memories of meals with loved ones that are no longer with me and of when my kids were little.
I'm sorry that your dad and brother aren't able to spend Thanksgiving weekend with you. Hopefully, you can spend lots of time together at Christmas?
Enjoy your day!

I thought so too!!! I am so happy that he chose to give them to me. Family treasures, for sure!

OOoh - I bet that is awesome to have!!!! How fun!

I haven't decided if I want to add to this China set yet? :scratchin I probably will, but I just don't know?

I need to look at my list today to see if there is anything I need to make today? I don't think so - I think I just need to call the butcher and order my sliced meat for the meat/cheese tray and my hard rolls... I think most of the meal prep for me is tomorrow and Wednesday?

Yes!!! I totally understand!!!! Mine are much the same way. We have only been doing Thanksgiving here for about 5 years, since Josh's family moved away... but as much as I enjoy spending Thanksgiving with extended family - we've also started to form our own traditions, and I've kind of gotten to liking them. :lovestruc

I am dreading the calling of my dad today - I know he is going to be so upset and will probably make me feel really guilty. :( But logistically, I just don't see how I can make it all work - especially since I am running that race on Thursday morning - that just kind of throws a wrench into everything. We are always able to make Christmas work out better.

Your china is beautiful. I acquired a set of china from my sister that was a service for 8. I found everything I needed to make it a set of 12 on ebay. So I searched for yours and there is a lot of it. If it is #6701 just search china 6701 and you will find it. There is one set of 4 salad plates for $5.99 plus shipping. I think you can find whatever you need there.

Thanks!!!! Yes - I saw that yesterday after I'd checked in here - thanks for the tip... I am debating on buying that set of salad plates? It's a good price... I am just trying SO hard not to buy anything more that's not absolutely necessary until after we get back from Allison's trip. Sigh... It's so hard. LOL I love Ebay though! LOL Thanks for the recommendation!

What beautiful gifts! I would have cried too! Unfortunately, I have nothing from my grandparents - my cousins and aunt pretty much ransacked her house when she went into a nursing home and took everything - and I mean EVERYTHING. It breaks my heart that I have nothing from my grandparents. At least my grandmother is still alive - 104 years old! - so I still get time with her which is more than precious to me.

Thanks!!! Yes, I did cry... It was just a beautiful gesture.

That is so sad. I hear of so many families doing this, and it breaks my heart. I kind of felt the same way, most of my family went into my Grandparent's house after they died and took what they wanted... I don't think they did it to be mean or spiteful - My grandparents were just people who were greatly loved, and my family wanted their memories. I understood. At the very end, once everything had been gone through, there was a "last call" - so I went down to a virtually empty house and found the stool - which I used to sit in and play with as a child. I was very happy that no one wanted that, and it was still there for me. Several years later, Darin found out that's all I had gotten, and he gave me one of her dolls and a afghan that she had made.... I was thrilled to have those items too. A few years later, Darin called me again, and asked me if I wanted her "dressing table" - which she had ripped apart at one point and made into two bed side tables... So I now have those (they've been in the girls' rooms since they were little). And now the sewing machine, China and Nativity set. If I never get anything else, I will be thrilled to have these items.

I agree - the time you have with your Grandmother is much more important than the things she may have aquired... God willing, I hope she is healthy enough to have more time with you. :lovestruc

Your grandmother looks like she was a very sweet person. I love her smile. My sister had cropped my mother out of a picture of our parents in order to get a portrait of just him. He rarely appeared in family pictures since he was usually the one behind the camera and we all loved how happy he looked in that picture.

That was very thoughtful of your cousin to give you the nativity set and china along with the sewing machine. Like sewdisney, I didn't get anything from my grandmother. Her second husband gave it all to his family.

Thank you - she really was... I do miss her very much. Always so loving and forgiving to everyone. I am sure that's what happened to this picture too. :)

It was very thoughtful of him to give it to me... I do think he did it partially because he knew it would always be "safe" with me... I live a relatively stable life (comparatively), I don't move a lot and I am very sentimental... So, these items will always remain with me or with my girls - hopefully they will treasure them as much as I do.

That is also so sad... It's hard to believe that someone would do that.

Oh D~, yes you do look like your Grandmother! I can see you in her eyes and in her smile. I have one or two things that were my grandmother's - my mother's mother, but nothing that was my father's mother, sadly. How thoughtful of your cousin to give you her Nativity set (Terkina - you might know it as a Creche?)
and her china!

My Katie has her grandmother's china - her dad's mother. She was given it before her grandmother died, almost 20 years ago. I gave Steve & Melissa (my oldest son and his wife) my step mother's china. Andrew will inherit my Pfaltzgraff Christmas dinnerware, and Shannon will get my china. Nice how that all worked out!

I see it in my eyes too, especially... And the shape of my face. I do think I have a different nose and mouth though. ::yes::

I am thankful that I do have a few items from both sets of my grandparents... My Mom's family is always very thoughtful to think of me when they are doing things... Since my mom died when I was so young, all of her remaining 10 brothers and sisters kind of took me under their wing - and in some cases (this may sound strange, but it isn't really) put me in her place as a sibling when they are doing gifts or giving out items of family value. I am very thankful for this and for their thoughtfulness - it could be so much different.

It sounds like you are able to divide everything up between all of your kids, how wonderful that it works out so well!

***************************************************************************************************

Just a quick update today....

Finally - I did a "long" run yesterday... A little over 5 miles... My knees are a bit sore today - eh, not sore, but kind of naggy, if that makes sense? I am just happy I did it - I've been nervous for my Thanksgiving run for a few weeks now, just because I haven't done a longer run in a while. So, this puts my mind at ease a little bit.

2015-11-22_13.17.25_1.jpg

I did learn... Anything under 35° - I NEED gloves. I couldn't find mine yesterday before I left, so I just decided to use my sleeves... That didn't work so well, and the tips of my fingers froze.

After - I came home and I was super lazy for the rest of the day... It was nice. ::yes::

I did manage to pack up the China pieces that I am not planning to use on Thanksgiving.

And I cleaned the kitchen and downstairs bathroom...

But otherwise - I sat in my recliner all day.

Today... I am officially back to work. Custom orders and side projects galore.

I am picking Allison (and V) up at school today, and Allison FINALLY decided to start running again... :woohoo: So, we are doing to run the indoor track at school... I told her that I may be doing more of a run/walk method today - since I am a little sore from yesterday and I don't want to push it with my Thanksgiving run on Thursday... Which she is fine with - since she is a little out of practice too. I am really looking forward to this, and PRAYING this is something we can continue to do together. ::yes::

I am also planning to get the turkey/potatoes/ and sweet potatoes today while I am in town.

I have to check my schedule at Target today too... I have NO idea which day I work this week. It will be a crazy holiday week for sure!

I hope all of you have a great day!!! Prayers and good thoughts go out to all of you! :grouphug:

D~

I am picking Allison (and V) up at school today, and Allison FINALLY decided to start running again... :woohoo: So, we are doing to run the indoor track at school...
That will be nice to run with your daughter. My oldest daughter was the one who started me running. She wanted a running partner and I decided to run with her. She stopped after high school and I kept going. Then the youngest daughter joined the cross country team. She ran many 5K races with us, which was super fun. :)

What wonderful, thoughtful gifts from your cousin! To have your grandmother's nativity set and china -- so precious. I have my beloved grandmother's scriptures and they sit on my bedside table. I love to read from them and see her handwritten notes in the margins and her underlying and markings. Such a treasure. I hope you and Allison are able to run together on a regular basis!

I am picking Allison (and V) up at school today, and Allison FINALLY decided to start running again... :woohoo: So, we are doing to run the indoor track at school... I told her that I may be doing more of a run/walk method today - since I am a little sore from yesterday and I don't want to push it with my Thanksgiving run on Thursday... Which she is fine with - since she is a little out of practice too. I am really looking forward to this, and PRAYING this is something we can continue to do together. ::yes::
have fun running with Allison. Can't wait to hear how it went.

Your grandmother's chin is beautiful. It was very nice of your cousin to give it and the nativity set to you. I don't have anything of either of my grandmothers' things. My daughter inherited my mother-in-law's Fransciscan set and her gold flatware. the dishes are still in my china cabinet. I have a set of china that my late husband sent home from Japan when he was in the navy.
I'm glad your running is going well after the Disney break.
I'm working most of Thanksgiving so I'm not cooking. We're supposed to get Thanksgiving dinner at work.
Have a good day.
Liz

Wow~ What a special time with your cousins, and incredible gifts!!!! Can't wait to see what the Nativity looks like!

Hey D! I hope you had a nice weekend, I was a little busy yesterday so I didn't have time to read the post until today - but now I'm all caught up!

I am so glad I married a man who knows how to cook, and cook well... I was lost the Christmas he was in Iraq and I had to cook a holiday meal. ::yes::
You are very lucky to have him! :)

Beautiful picture of your grandparents. Grandparents are such special figures in our lives. And I am sorry you lost them so young. You were only about a year older then me and I bet that would be very heartbreaking.
I do see the resemblance between you and your grandmother though, she looks like a wonderful woman.
To be given such a gift, by someone who was so close to my Grandparents, was such an honor.
What a nice surprise! :goodvibes
Anyways... Upon coming home yesterday - I hauled in my boxes of China and unpacked it all... I have almost 8 full servings of everything... Some things I have 12 of... But I will have to find a few salad plates to replace the missing ones... All in all - it's a gorgeous set and I am so elated to have it! We will be using it for dinner on Thursday.

20151121_144937.jpg
That is a beautiful China set. Perfect for a holiday meal!
That's great! Something fun for you two to do together! :thumbsup2

Well, I finally posted on your TR; and finished reading up on your PTR. Like I said on FB Dorine; concentrate on your successes and how absolutely amazing you look; you are glowing and look so healthy. You have inspired so many of us to be more mindful of what we are eating and try and make exercise a necessity. You may not know it, but I tell myself all the time when I have food choices, what would Dorine do? Yes, it may be funny, but its the truth!

Hope your Dad is doing well. I think of him often and he is in my prayers every day.

Where did Allison start working?

Love, love, love the gifts from your cousin. Like many of us, my grandmother died when I was quite young (12), but I loved her like no other and being so young I only got 2 things from her, that my Dad made sure I got. When you get older these "things" just make the memories more solid. And, yes you look so much like your grandmother, who was so beautiful! Cannot wait to see pics of her china all placed out for your Thanksgiving, and the nativity for Christmas!

Reading along on both D, and enjoying every minute!

Where is Alli working now?

I hope the run with Alli goes well :)

Have a great day in your sewing room.

In Norway the electronic stores are having not only Black Friday sale but Black Friday sale all week. It's nothing like the USA Black Friday sales because the prices aren't dropped that much here in Norway. I'm thinking of buying a new cell phone Samsung Galaxy S5 Neo. I can't decide if I should buy it or not.

Tomorrow I'm going to Volkswagen to look at colors and what stereo I want in my car. I haven't heard anything from NAV yet, but when I do I want to be ready so it doesn't take long until they can order my car.

What wonderful gifts! Two of my grandparents passed before I was born and a third just after so I only knew my Dad's Dad. He lived with us so I knew him quite well. He was blind but sound mind til hie passed when I was 12 at 96.

Would love to see a picture of your Nativity. I have a set a friend bought me in Mexico & a fleece set my SIL gave me. I bought my other SIL a tiny little pewter set I found in Nova Scotia this summer. Yikes all this Nativity talk reminds me how quickly Christmas will be here and I have no ideas what to do for the kids tis year.

Back to work today. No changes yet. It will be great to have a short week. We thankfully have Friday off too. Tomorrow my department is going out to celebrate surviving another budget season. We always have a great time so I'm really looking forward to it. Oh and one of the approved budget items was for me to attend a seminar at the Disney Institute. Not sure which class or dates yet.

That will be nice to run with your daughter. My oldest daughter was the one who started me running. She wanted a running partner and I decided to run with her. She stopped after high school and I kept going. Then the youngest daughter joined the cross country team. She ran many 5K races with us, which was super fun.

Well, we did run... We didn't exactly run together - she is much faster than I am. But we ran at the same time in the same place. ;) I hope she continues to run - she hopes to go out for track again this year, she missed doing it last year. I would love to start running races with her.

What wonderful, thoughtful gifts from your cousin! To have your grandmother's nativity set and china -- so precious. I have my beloved grandmother's scriptures and they sit on my bedside table. I love to read from them and see her handwritten notes in the margins and her underlying and markings. Such a treasure. I hope you and Allison are able to run together on a regular basis!

I agree - it was a wonderful, wonderful gift, one that I am so grateful to have.

That is wonderful - to have something written in her own hand of her own thoughts - what an amazing gift to have!

Thanks - me too! Although, she is a much faster runner than I am.

have fun running with Allison. Can't wait to hear how it went.

Thanks! It was fun! We didn't exactly run together - she runs much faster than I do... but we were both there, running - so that's a start. She has the speed, I have the endurance - at the moment.

Your grandmother's chin is beautiful. It was very nice of your cousin to give it and the nativity set to you. I don't have anything of either of my grandmothers' things. My daughter inherited my mother-in-law's Fransciscan set and her gold flatware. the dishes are still in my china cabinet. I have a set of china that my late husband sent home from Japan when he was in the navy.
I'm glad your running is going well after the Disney break.
I'm working most of Thanksgiving so I'm not cooking. We're supposed to get Thanksgiving dinner at work.
Have a good day.
Liz

It was a beautiful gift, and I am so lucky to have it.

It does sound like you have some wonderful things though - maybe not from your grandparents, but treasures just the same, with memories.

It's going OK - I am still pretty nervous about how I am going to fit in another run today - as i have so much on my list.

I went in to Target yesterday and peeked at my Thanksgiving schedule... I work tomorrow morning - then I am OFF all of Black Friday weekend! Can you believe that? I didn't even ask for it off. The first BF in 10 years that I have not worked! I am kind of excited about it. :woohoo:

Thanks Liz - you too!

Wow~ What a special time with your cousins, and incredible gifts!!!! Can't wait to see what the Nativity looks like!

It was so wonderful to see them and to catch up! I can't wait to share it with you all... I am still trying to decide where to put it... :scratchin I am debating on not setting up the village this year - since it took me until March to pay the kids to take it down for me.... So, I may put it in the bay window? We'll see...

Hey D! I hope you had a nice weekend, I was a little busy yesterday so I didn't have time to read the post until today - but now I'm all caught up!

You are very lucky to have him!

Beautiful picture of your grandparents. Grandparents are such special figures in our lives. And I am sorry you lost them so young. You were only about a year older then me and I bet that would be very heartbreaking.
I do see the resemblance between you and your grandmother though, she looks like a wonderful woman.

What a nice surprise!

That is a beautiful China set. Perfect for a holiday meal!

That's great! Something fun for you two to do together!

I did have a nice weekend - I hope you had a good one too? Busy weekends are sometimes nice.

Yah - he's a keeper... there's something to be said for a guy who can cook - and bake pies. ::yes::

Thank you - she was a wonderful woman! When my family members compare me to her, it kind of takes me off guard, because it's not something I expect. But it's nice to hear just the same - to have people who knew her better than I did, tell me that I remind them of her, well - it's just a very nice thing. :D

All of it was wonderful - I am just so excited to have it! I know Darin chose to give it to me, because he knew it would stay in the family - I hope to have it and use it for many years to come.

Well, I finally posted on your TR; and finished reading up on your PTR. Like I said on FB Dorine; concentrate on your successes and how absolutely amazing you look; you are glowing and look so healthy. You have inspired so many of us to be more mindful of what we are eating and try and make exercise a necessity. You may not know it, but I tell myself all the time when I have food choices, what would Dorine do? Yes, it may be funny, but its the truth!

Hope your Dad is doing well. I think of him often and he is in my prayers every day.

Where did Allison start working?

Love, love, love the gifts from your cousin. Like many of us, my grandmother died when I was quite young (12), but I loved her like no other and being so young I only got 2 things from her, that my Dad made sure I got. When you get older these "things" just make the memories more solid. And, yes you look so much like your grandmother, who was so beautiful! Cannot wait to see pics of her china all placed out for your Thanksgiving, and the nativity for Christmas!

Reading along on both D, and enjoying every minute!

Hi Carol!!!!! It's great to see you here! I have been so busy - life has been a little crazy lately!

I am trying so hard, but I am still having so many issues with how much bigger I am... I am still wearing the same sizes - but there are a few things that are much tighter on me this year, than last year... I am working hard to change that, but it's still so frustrating. I am realizing, especially now, how much of an endless battle this truly is. Thankfully, I am back on track and hopefully will have some progress under my belt soon.

Hahaha... What would D~ do... Hmmm.... :scratchin I'd probably eat whatever it is - at least a little. Hehehehe... That's likely my problem these days.

My dad is doing OK - I talked to him for a while yesterday... He seems a bit sad. :( He is going to my brother's foster-parents for Thanksgiving day, since - with my race (I wasn't thinking) there is just no way I can do a race plus transport an entire meal up there... Thankfully they offered to host him for Thanksgiving. But he still seems a little sad. I get frustrated sometimes, because I want to be able to do everything - but I just can't. I am only one person, and I can only be in one place at one time - I hope he understands that, I think he understands that, but I feel VERY guilty for not being with him. It's tough for both of us, I think. I could move him down here - but then he would rarely - if ever - get to see my brother... The trade off is that I would get to spend more time with him. I guess I should talk to him about it?

Allison started working at a local drug store as a cashier - so far I think she likes it, but due to scheduling - she doesn't have another shift until after Thanksgiving - so we'll see.

Exactly - you put my feelings right into words! The "things' make our memories more solid - that is the truth. Bff and I are working on a project for the 3 girls for their respective graduations - and it's a BIG project... As I am going through the items I have saved and trying to locate them for this project - I am reminded so much of their childhood, and how much I miss them at those ages... I love them so much now - I just feel like I was so busy wishing for the next stage, I forgot to enjoy the stages that they had... If that makes sense? At the same time, my memories are flooding back and I am wishing for time to stop a little bit... It's going too fast!

Thanks Carol - for stopping by - it's always great to see you here!

Where is Alli working now?

I hope the run with Alli goes well

Have a great day in your sewing room.

In Norway the electronic stores are having not only Black Friday sale but Black Friday sale all week. It's nothing like the USA Black Friday sales because the prices aren't dropped that much here in Norway. I'm thinking of buying a new cell phone Samsung Galaxy S5 Neo. I can't decide if I should buy it or not.

Tomorrow I'm going to Volkswagen to look at colors and what stereo I want in my car. I haven't heard anything from NAV yet, but when I do I want to be ready so it doesn't take long until they can order my car.

Allison is working at a local drug store as a cashier.... So far, I think she likes it OK enough. :)

It went well - we run at very different paces, I am much slower than she is - but I have more endurance. In the end, we ran at the same place - but not together. LOL I am not sure I will ever be fast enough to keep up with her?

Thanks - I did have a great and productive day in my sewing room... since this is technically my first week back after my trip.

Oooh - I loved my Galaxy before it started having issues... It's a good phone. :) But I do have to say that I love my LG G3 more.

Good luck at Volkswagen today!!! I am excited to hear which color you choose! :woohoo: Hopefully you hear something soon, so you can get your new car ordered!

What wonderful gifts! Two of my grandparents passed before I was born and a third just after so I only knew my Dad's Dad. He lived with us so I knew him quite well. He was blind but sound mind til hie passed when I was 12 at 96.

Would love to see a picture of your Nativity. I have a set a friend bought me in Mexico & a fleece set my SIL gave me. I bought my other SIL a tiny little pewter set I found in Nova Scotia this summer. Yikes all this Nativity talk reminds me how quickly Christmas will be here and I have no ideas what to do for the kids tis year.

Back to work today. No changes yet. It will be great to have a short week. We thankfully have Friday off too. Tomorrow my department is going out to celebrate surviving another budget season. We always have a great time so I'm really looking forward to it. Oh and one of the approved budget items was for me to attend a seminar at the Disney Institute. Not sure which class or dates yet.

That's wonderful that you were able to know your grandfather so well! I am sure your memories of him are cherished!

I will take a picture of it when I get it all set up... I am not a decorator by any means - so I am sure it won't be set up as beautifully as I remember it... but I'll do my best. LOL

It will be here very quickly - I am in the same boat, I have NO Idea what to get the girls... :scratchin

It's nice to go back to work to have a short week - makes going back to work a little easier.

Eeek!!! That's awesome that you will be able to do the Disney Institute!!!! That is awesome and a great opportunity! Congrats! Let me know your dates when you get them... I have a couple more trips coming up....

**************************************************************************************************

Well, I worked out hard yesterday... I did my WATP 1 mile - yah - I know that isn't hard. But I added in some HIIT... It wasn't long, only 10 minutes, but I felt dead afterwards, and I am definitely feeling it this morning.

Then I went upstairs to work - it was my first official day back after the trip, and it felt good to be back. I accomplished what I hoped I would - barely... So that was good.

Then I took a quick shower and headed to town to meet Allison to run. Sadly - I am a slow runner... So, "meeting her to run together" means "waving as she passes me by".... But it was fun to be out there with her. We didn't run for long - her endurance isn't up there yet, but it will come. She is hoping to join the track team again this spring - which makes me happy - she loved it so much, but she took last spring off and now she is regretting it. It will be good for her to be back, I think.

We came home and I made left-over stir fry for dinner....

Today is just crazy - since I found out that I work tomorrow at Target - I have to get more done today, to make up for tomorrow. I assumed, since it's black Friday week - I would be working on Black Friday..... but I only work tomorrow and I am off this weekend (for the first time in 10 years!)

This morning - I will make beer bread right away, and thaw chicken for dinner tonight... While that is baking - I will work out.

After I am done working out - I am going to make the Garlic-Garlic dip... The hot pepper jelly dip... And I will also cook up the chicken, put it in the crock pot and start the curry chicken for dinner tonight. At some point - I will also make the rice.

I am hoping to be upstairs to work by 10 am... Today is an applique day... I am also hoping to get my bias trim made. This is all I hope to accomplish today in my sewing room - it's not much, but it's enough that I probably won't get it done. Sigh.

I have to pick the girls up from school today for an appointment.

I am planning to wear my new Mickey fleece jacket that I shipped home from WDW last week - it arrived yesterday. So, this makes my day a little more tolerable. LOL

The girls and I likely won't be home until a bit after dinner time - but we will have curry chicken to come home to. ::yes::

Tomorrow is even crazier for me, and adding in a shift at Target on top of the remainder of my Thanksgiving prep - well, it will be nothing short of insane! But I'll try not to think about it today, as I have enough on my plate for now. ::yes::

I hope you all have a wonderful day! Prayers and good thoughts go out to everyone! :grouphug:

D~

My dad is doing OK - I talked to him for a while yesterday... He seems a bit sad. :( He is going to my brother's foster-parents for Thanksgiving day, since - with my race (I wasn't thinking) there is just no way I can do a race plus transport an entire meal up there... Thankfully they offered to host him for Thanksgiving. But he still seems a little sad. I get frustrated sometimes, because I want to be able to do everything - but I just can't. I am only one person, and I can only be in one place at one time - I hope he understands that, I think he understands that, but I feel VERY guilty for not being with him. It's tough for both of us, I think. I could move him down here - but then he would rarely - if ever - get to see my brother... The trade off is that I would get to spend more time with him. I guess I should talk to him about it?

You should talk to him. This way he can decide if the not being able to see your brother as often is worth it or not since he will get to your family close by.

Today is just crazy - since I found out that I work tomorrow at Target - I have to get more done today, to make up for tomorrow. I assumed, since it's black Friday week - I would be working on Black Friday..... but I only work tomorrow and I am off this weekend (for the first time in 10 years!)
Wow! Well at least you don't have to work on Black. I feel bad for workers on that day - it just seems crazy!
This morning - I will make beer bread right away, and thaw chicken for dinner tonight... While that is baking - I will work out.
After I am done working out - I am going to make the Garlic-Garlic dip... The hot pepper jelly dip... And I will also cook up the chicken, put it in the crock pot and start the curry chicken for dinner tonight. At some point - I will also make the rice.
Yummy! Dinner sounds good tonight in your house! Enjoy!

I hope you have a nice work out and good luck with everything else. This time of the year always gets crazy!

Sounds like you have a hectic week.

How great that Alli want to join the track team again.

Alli working at a local drug store as a cashier sounds like a ok job. I hope she has better co workers (or was it the manager that was bad, sorry I don't remember) there than at the last job she had.

I was at Volkswagen today and got to talk to a much nice guy than the last time I was there trying to figure out things. I'm getting a Rear View Camera so I can more easily see what's behind the car. It is delivered with a 5" screen. I think that is small. So for $207 dollars I will upgrade the screen to 6,3". I will go for a red car. The color is called cherry red. I have read that other cars shy away from red cars. So red cars is not that often involved in accidents since other cars see red cars as a danger sign. I haven't thought about anything else that is smart to have in the car. But I still have some time to think about it all since I can't do anything more until I get the papers in the mail.

Hey D! I'm all caught up here but still have to get over to the TR thread. I can't believe our trips came and went so fast. Too bad we couldn't make a meet up work. :( I think I'm finally about over being sick so it's back to running tomorrow morning. I've got basically 6 weeks to whip myself into shape for the Rebel Challenge. :scared1:

Happy to read that the family is healthy (dogs included) and you're back to working out. I know you'll figure out what the practical issues are, but in the meantime, try not to let it drag you down. You've come too far to let a plateau send you into the dumper (psychologically speaking). Like others have said, you look really healthy and happy...you're probably just going straight to the flaws that only you see and focusing on those and discounting the beautiful forest. OK, off to tackle your TR!

I am planning to wear my new Mickey fleece jacket that I shipped home from WDW last week - it arrived yesterday. So, this makes my day a little more tolerable. LOL
That sounds like a great way to remember your recent trip. I bet Allison can't wait until it is her turn to go to WDW. :)

You should talk to him. This way he can decide if the not being able to see your brother as often is worth it or not since he will get to your family close by.

I will talk to him about this... It's time. If he is truly unhappy, then we need to do something about it.

Wow! Well at least you don't have to work on Black. I feel bad for workers on that day - it just seems crazy!

Yummy! Dinner sounds good tonight in your house! Enjoy!

I hope you have a nice work out and good luck with everything else. This time of the year always gets crazy!

I know - I was seriously surprised! I've always worked on BF! It is crazy - it's out of control actually... I know we "work retail" and we should expect it - but BF just isn't the same anymore when it starts on Thursday.

It was good - although, my house smells badly of curry... Which is weird, because I'll be doing Thanksgiving prep this afternoon.

Thanks - my work out was OK - a little late and rushed, but I did it and that's what counts. ::yes::

Sounds like you have a hectic week.

How great that Alli want to join the track team again.

Alli working at a local drug store as a cashier sounds like a ok job. I hope she has better co workers (or was it the manager that was bad, sorry I don't remember) there than at the last job she had.

I was at Volkswagen today and got to talk to a much nice guy than the last time I was there trying to figure out things. I'm getting a Rear View Camera so I can more easily see what's behind the car. It is delivered with a 5" screen. I think that is small. So for $207 dollars I will upgrade the screen to 6,3". I will go for a red car. The color is called cherry red. I have read that other cars shy away from red cars. So red cars is not that often involved in accidents since other cars see red cars as a danger sign. I haven't thought about anything else that is smart to have in the car. But I still have some time to think about it all since I can't do anything more until I get the papers in the mail.

It is a bit crazy this week - but it seems like every week is like that these days. I'd rather have it busy than slow. :)

Yes - hopefully her work circumstances are better at this job - she hasn't worked enough yet to know for sure.

Yay for the bigger rear view camera and for the cherry red color - it sounds nice! I am very excited for you, when you finally are able to get it. :woohoo:

Hey D! I'm all caught up here but still have to get over to the TR thread. I can't believe our trips came and went so fast. Too bad we couldn't make a meet up work. I think I'm finally about over being sick so it's back to running tomorrow morning. I've got basically 6 weeks to whip myself into shape for the Rebel Challenge.

Happy to read that the family is healthy (dogs included) and you're back to working out. I know you'll figure out what the practical issues are, but in the meantime, try not to let it drag you down. You've come too far to let a plateau send you into the dumper (psychologically speaking). Like others have said, you look really healthy and happy...you're probably just going straight to the flaws that only you see and focusing on those and discounting the beautiful forest. OK, off to tackle your TR!

It's OK - it happens a lot, at least we tried, that has to count for something. :scratchin I am glad you are feeling better! I've fallen behind on your PTR - are you doing a TR for this last trip? Trying to keep up with a PTR and a TR is proving difficult - I don't know how others do it? I am just trying to finish up the TR as fast as I can, so I can retreat comfortably back to the PTR section. ::yes::

Best of luck getting back to running and getting ready for the Rebel Challenge! You'll do great - I know you will!

I know - I need to not be so hard on myself, but I still need to figure this out - before it gets out of hand. :thumbsup2

That sounds like a great way to remember your recent trip. I bet Allison can't wait until it is her turn to go to WDW.

It was very nice - and comfy too - it fits very well! I was happy to have found it, it's rare that I spend that much on one item in WDW - unless it's a new VB bag. LOL

*********************************************************************************************

I am trying so hard to be speedy today... I have so much to get done - it will be a whirlwind day, I am sure.

First off - yesterday... I attempted to make beer bread... but - someone put the baking powder back with only a 1/4 tsp in it - and I needed 4 1/2 tsp... Since I had to go to town later, I added it to my list - and I will make it this afternoon - along with everything else. I did make the Garlic Garlic dip though - so at least I accomplished something. :thumbsup2

I also made curry chicken - that turned out really well. I've been trying to duplicate a recipe from a restaurant in our old town for a decade +, and I am close - very, very close... It's still missing something though. I'll get it eventually. For right now though - it's good enough.

I worked most of the day yesterday appliqueing, and other things in my sewing room.

I met the girls in town after school - switched vehicles with them - then headed to bff's to hang out. It was a good evening.

Today... Yikes.. Sometimes I just write here so that I am able to keep track of myself - today is one of those days....

I may or may not work out this morning - YIKES! Yes, I did say that!

I have to be in the shower by 6am, so I can leave for work by 7. I am off of work before noon... I think I will take my lunch with me to town, then I can eat after work - before I run my last minute errands that I knew I'd have to run today...

I have to hit the grocery store for last minute groceries... I did talk Josh into making pies. ::yes:: :woohoo:

I'll run the groceries home... Then go immediately to the butcher to pick up my meat slicing order and my hard rolls.

I"ll come home and get the beer bread in the oven right away.

While that is baking - I'll start the potatoes... both russet and sweet... both need to be peeled/boiled/mashed by hand. Then I will assemble my Make-Ahead Mashed Potatoes (2 batches), and my home made Sweet Potato casserole (2 batches).

I hope to have these done and the kitchen cleaned before Josh gets home from work - because he will need the kitchen all night for pies.

At some point this evening - I have to go up to my sewing room and attach the felt "Gobble 'till you wobble" thingy to the back of my running shirt for my race tomorrow. Thinking I"ll just baste it on and seam rip it off after - kind of like I've done to my Disney shirts in the past. I also need to get my "flat me" laid out.

Not even a clue what we are having for dinner tonight? Probably whatever anyone can find to reheat?

Tomorrow morning - I have my Thanksgiving Day race... I am looking forward/not looking forward to that. I hope I can do it. I worked out a little too hard on Monday when doing my HIIT session - and my left glut muscle is a bit sore still - I hope it's better by tomorrow. If not, I'll just push through - I know it's DOMS and not an injury. ::yes::

Soooo.... I hope all of you have a marvelous Thanksgiving, and you are able to spend it with family and friends. Oh - and don't be surprised if I do a TR update tomorrow - I will have time in the morning. :thumbsup2 So, if you are bored.... LOL

Happy Thanksgiving everyone!!! :grouphug:

D~

Tomorrow morning - I have my Thanksgiving Day race... I am looking forward/not looking forward to that. I hope I can do it. I worked out a little too hard on Monday when doing my HIIT session - and my left glut muscle is a bit sore still - I hope it's better by tomorrow. If not, I'll just push through - I know it's DOMS and not an injury. ::yes::
I hope you have a great race, in spite of the inconvenience. I ran a 5K on Thanksgiving once. It worked out okay as far as the timing for dinner, since we had dinner at 4pm. But after that I found a turkey trot 5K that was held on the Sunday before Thanksgiving. DH did not like me going to a race on Thanksgiving morning.

I made my first Thanksgiving dish this morning - fresh cranberry sauce. I love it but most people skip it. I am also going to try a dairy-free, gluten-free pumpkin pie for the food allergy people.

Have a Happy Thanksgiving!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter