~~ They're leaving the nest, sew it's time for a trip - or two - or three...~~ D~'s bag ~9/22 ~~

You inspired me to buy the Fitbit Flex. I need a little more motivation to get me out the door and I figured that this would help.

I'm glad that you know I was just teasing you. I think it is a lot of fun to have special outfits for Disney. My special thing is to decorate my MB's and wear different ones to match my outfits. It is really hard to leave one of them plain for swimming. Your Minnie Mouse band inspired me to make one, too. These are my latest three bands and I'm very excited to wear the Halloween band when we are there next week. That band was originally yellow until I mixed the paints to match the vinyl cover.

f2e7c6c1-a55c-4602-b5e6-26c134788847_zpsauivuhgs.jpg

Oooh - did you buy it yet? Allison really likes her Flex and I really like my Charge. I just love being able to monitor my sleep... and let me tell you - the last 4 nights have been awful. It's no wonder I am so tired when I wake... :( But I also love being able to monitor how active I am... I have days where I am VERY active - esp. on my running days... Then my one rest day per week - I truly do rest and do nothing, It's kind of sad really - because I feel quite guilty for taking that ONE rest day.... but I know my body needs it - and I've never felt that way before my Fitbit. So, watch out for that. ::yes:: Otherwise - it's a really awesome product - and I LOVE how it's totally synched with MFP - makes life so much easier!

For sure - I knew that. :upsidedow I love your Magic Bands!!! Those are so cute!!! I agree - I just love having accessories that all coordinate together - it makes the planning and the trip so much more fun IMO. And I LOVE your Halloween band - that is super cute!!! Great job! I cannot wait to be there for the Halloween festivities next year. :thumbsup2 Victoria and I have already started to try to coordinate out Halloween attire - it's not going well. :scratchin

Eeep!!! You leave next week??? :woohoo: I hope you have a fabulous trip Sue! :hug:

Sounds like you had a good day yesterday.

I got a form from the bank today that I had to fill out and send back to the bank. I did fill it out and sent it back. One hour later I got a new message from the bank saying they are going to take the loss and I don't have to pay the money somebody used on my card. So that's very good news. Now I just have to wait for my new credit card to arrive. It can take up to a week before I have it. It's not that bad because I don't use that card very often so I won't have a problem waiting for my new card.

Both Ulf and I was very skeptical of the safety of our cards when we were in the USA. We are used to always using the chip on the card and we never use the magnetic strip on the card. We are also used to having to use our pin code every time we use our cards and if the terminal is down and they have to use the backup system we always have to sign the bill. But in the USA I think I used the chip 2 times out of 10 and I only used my pin code ones I think. The only time I signed my name on the bill was in restaurants never in shops or at the gas station.

I did. :)

Oh good - I am glad that you have everything in motion, and the bank is taking the loss on the unauthorized purchases on your card. What a relief - they seem to be pretty good about that these days.

I understand... It's pretty common here, if a purchase is under $50 and sometimes under $100, no signature is necessary. But slowly all of our cards are being replaced with "chip cards" - I already have a few and so does Josh. The problem here, I suspect, is that not all of our machines are chip capable yet... most of them are just magnetic strip capable, so it will be a process to get everything switched.

I am just glad that everything is working out OK. As always it's good to see you Lillian, and I hope you are well. I hope to get back to your book in a few days (after this coming weekend) - and this time I will write down the questions for you. ::yes::

Congrats on being an aunt again! I have 3 nieces, 7 nephews, and 1 honorary nephew and they all make me so happy! Love em to Reese's Pieces! Your little niece is so adorable.

I absolutely am in love with your surprise outfit. If I thought you had enough time (and if I thought I could afford you), I would have you design a bag for me. Mine would have to be Stitch or Pete's Dragon though lol.

Thanks you!!! I love being an aunt! It's just so hard when they are far away... Trips are few and far between, at best. And it's soooo expensive to send packages overseas...

Thanks!!! I am just so thrilled with how it turned out and I cannot wait to wear it! It's going to be a lot of fun! ::yes::

Stitch and Pete's Dragon are fun and great themes - I bet you could do lots with them anyways. ::yes::

So sorry to hear of your Uncle Dick's death. I hate how it always seems to come in 3s. It will be good to see your Dad though. My kids always called my cousins "aunt" and "uncle" it just seemed more respectful to me. Besides, my cousins are more like my siblings anyway. We all grew up together.

Lara is A-Dorable!!!!

We finally were able to book our resort for our January trip - we will be staying at Old Key West. I really wanted to try the GF or Poly this time, but by the time we finalized the contract and got our membership number and points, everything else was booked. Its ok though because I really want to stay at all of the DVC resorts at some time.

Thanks Tess.... Yes - I have lots of people in my life that are "Aunts" and "Uncles"... Just like the girls have so many "grandparents". :lovestruc And I have several cousins that are very much siblings to me too. ::yes::

Thank you - I am so excited to finally have a niece! :woohoo:

Yay for booking your resort... I was hoping you'd be at the Poly - as it would make it super easy for us to be able to meet up. But we'll figure it out. ::yes:: I am just glad you were able to get it booked and everything settled. Was it the same contract you were waiting on? Or did you go with a different one?

It's great to see you Tess, I hope you are doing well. :)

Well, I did my heavy lifting yesterday... Despite starting early - I still left for Target later than I would have liked. Sigh. Oh well - it was a good lift.

Target was OK - I stayed busy, which is always nice.

After Target - I picked the girls up from school. Allison had a photo shoot last night. Victoria had just discovered that her very favorite artist in the world (She's from New Zealand) was going to be at the MOA for a book signing, and was desperate to go. After a bit of a logistical nightmare, we were able to figure it out and make it happen.

So, as soon as we got home, I changed into something normal and we were off to the MOA to see Kristina Webb....

Here's V in the rotunda - waiting in the (then) short line. Bottom right corner. I was headed off to find Chipotle for us for dinner.

20151013_163822.jpg

Then, after 2 hours in line - we finally were able to meet her - she is just a beautiful and talented girl. Victoria gave her one of her coveted drawings, and wrote her a nice little letter on the back of it - Kristina seemed very touched by Victoria's gesture.

20151013_183006.jpg

20151013_183036.jpg

20151013_183221.jpg

We took several pictures and then it was over. If I were to guess - I would say that she spent a good 7-10 minutes with V, talking to her about her drawings. Kristina even signed a few of them for V. It was really neat and very kind of her.

20151013_183252.jpg

20151013_183259.jpg

Victoria had a lot of fun - and it was the meet of a lifetime for her. :woohoo: And, of course, I was so happy to be able to make it happen.

Then we came home to my tired hunting puppies.... And they were soooo tired. After 3 days hunting, and then most of Monday and most of Tuesday at the lake - they were tired babies for sure! And more than happy to give V lots of cuddles. ::yes::

20151013_192443.jpg

20151013_192508.jpg

So today is a bit of a mess for me...

As you probably guessed - I wasn't able to get my run in yesterday...

So, this morning - I am going to do one of the Beachbody on Demand workouts... Along with a round of Ab work.

Then I am headed upstairs to work for a couple hours...

Then I plan to run BEFORE lunch.

After lunch - I have to get ready to head out to an appointment with V.

I am hoping to get back early enough to go back to work again. Sigh.

Today is total craziness! ::yes::

I hope you all have a marvelous day! And if I have time - I will try to get pictures of my Goofy outfit for you all. Prayers and Pixie Dust to all! :grouphug:

D~

We finally were able to book our resort for our January trip - we will be staying at Old Key West. I really wanted to try the GF or Poly this time, but by the time we finalized the contract and got our membership number and points, everything else was booked. Its ok though because I really want to stay at all of the DVC resorts at some time.

Old Key west is great but if you have your heart set on GF or Poly you should wait list. We stayed at GF in August 2014. We got it from the waitlist. We are staying at Poly in December also from a waitlist. I have always gotten what we wanted from waitlisting, but i know not everyone does. My FIL didn't have luck when he joined us in August 2014, but it was better with them at OKW when we were at boardwalk.

Oh good - I am glad that you have everything in motion, and the bank is taking the loss on the unauthorized purchases on your card. What a relief - they seem to be pretty good about that these days.

I understand... It's pretty common here, if a purchase is under $50 and sometimes under $100, no signature is necessary. But slowly all of our cards are being replaced with "chip cards" - I already have a few and so does Josh. The problem here, I suspect, is that not all of our machines are chip capable yet... most of them are just magnetic strip capable, so it will be a process to get everything switched.

THe deadline in the US for the chip terminals and cards was October 1st, but so many places have not switched yet. Other than target with the target red card, I have not been asked for a pin the very few times i had to insert the card instead of swiping. I have no clue the pins on my credit cards so that could be a proble.

After Target - I picked the girls up from school. Allison had a photo shoot last night. Victoria had just discovered that her very favorite artist in the world (She's from New Zealand) was going to be at the MOA for a book signing, and was desperate to go. After a bit of a logistical nightmare, we were able to figure it out and make it happen.

So, as soon as we got home, I changed into something normal and we were off to the MOA to see Kristina Webb....

D~

that is so cool that she got to meet her.

I do not know how I missed the news about the kittens and Alison. So much going on here. I feel like I am running in circles missing everything.
Glad Alison stood up for herself. Just no reason to treat people wrongly. Something better will come along for her.
We just returned from a trip to North Carolina. We had such a great time. I will say we did go on a college visit and we were able to attend one of their games.
So excited that your trip is coming up soon!!!!!
Have a wonderful day!

Hey D~ busy weekend again for me so I'm catching up now!!

Great idea with Walmart - I may be stopping by there later today. :scratchin I did find a really cute gray short sleeve dress on clearance at Target yesterday... It does look really cute over leggings - It's a lightweight sweater-type knit, and it's form fitting, but not tight or awkward... I'll see if I can find a pic... I don't like my tops to be too loose, because I carry cross-body bags, and I feel like if the tops are loose, they tangle with my bags. OK - it's almost exactly like this one (in gray) - the texture is a lighter, almost t-shirt weave and it's short sleeves. If you look at it in gray - they show it with black crop leggings, which is how I plan to wear it. :thumbsup2 http://www.target.com/p/stitch-mix-dress-mossimo-supply-co/-/A-17087303#prodSlot=large_1_26
This is adorable!what a great idea for your SBW outfit!:goodvibes
After Target - I hit Aldi... I love Aldi!
Me too! Great food, and fabulous prices! They have really good snacks there....:rotfl:
And probably the most exciting news of all - Brian and Myrthe had their baby girl last night! :woohoo: I am an aunt again!!! So excited! She is so precious!!! And Myrthe looks great! :lovestruc Cannot wait to see pictures of the whole family together! I am so excited! Yet, so sad, because I want to be there to share this time with them too. :lovestruc
What a beautiful baby girl! Congratulations on being an aunt again!:goodvibes
. ::yes:: Over all - it was a good run and I am happy with it.

20151011_094416.jpg
That sounded like an awesome run. Also, the view looks really pretty - I love when the leaves start to change!:goodvibes
Victoria's boyfriend came over last night, he is such a nice kid and I really like him a lot. He brought over pizza for dinner for us - which was super nice and thoughtful! A definite winner in my book! We all watched Hocus Pocus... Then we played Scrabble... Then Allison took him home. It was a fun and relaxing night.
That's great! And lol you said you all would be watching Hocus Pocus soon!:rotfl: I have to watch it soon as well, it always gets me into the Halloween spirit!:thumbsup2
The trip with Suzi and Mo is closing in on us in a BIG way!!! Our countdown is getting quite small - this is my favorite time in the timeline... The excitement builds and builds, and this is just the best time of anticipation! :woohoo:
Yay!!!!! :cool1:
I did go upstairs last night for a few minutes - I was able to finish Goofy. What a relief! :woohoo: I knew I would get him done - but I wasn't sure when. I still have one more thing to do for our trip - then I am done. ::yes:: I'll try to gather up my Goofy stuff this week and get it all photographed for you all. Then, I can start packing in earnest. ::yes::
Awesome! Congrats on finishing Goofy!
Then, after 2 hours in line - we finally were able to meet her - she is just a beautiful and talented girl. Victoria gave her one of her coveted drawings, and wrote her a nice little letter on the back of it - Kristina seemed very touched by Victoria's gesture.

20151013_183006.jpg
That's amazing - I have never heard of her but I'm glad that V got to experience that. How nice of V to give her one of her drawings! And that's wonderful that she spent a lot of time with V.
Victoria had a lot of fun - and it was the meet of a lifetime for her. :woohoo: And, of course, I was so happy to be able to make it happen.
:thumbsup2:thumbsup2:thumbsup2
Then we came home to my tired hunting puppies.... And they were soooo tired. After 3 days hunting, and then most of Monday and most of Tuesday at the lake - they were tired babies for sure! And more than happy to give V lots of cuddles. ::yes::

20151013_192443.jpg
LOVE! :goodvibes:goodvibes:goodvibes

Your niece is absolutely precious! What a sweet baby! Congratulations!

I adore your new Steamboat Willie bag -- oh my goodness, it's fabulous! I love, love, love it! What a great idea! And it will be so easy to design outfits around. Love!

Excited that V got to meet her favorite artist! What a fun experience for her!

I'm glad that you were able to take Victoria to meet her favorite artist. What a fun time for her. :)

Last edited:
Old Key west is great but if you have your heart set on GF or Poly you should wait list. We stayed at GF in August 2014. We got it from the waitlist. We are staying at Poly in December also from a waitlist. I have always gotten what we wanted from waitlisting, but i know not everyone does. My FIL didn't have luck when he joined us in August 2014, but it was better with them at OKW when we were at boardwalk.

THe deadline in the US for the chip terminals and cards was October 1st, but so many places have not switched yet. Other than target with the target red card, I have not been asked for a pin the very few times i had to insert the card instead of swiping. I have no clue the pins on my credit cards so that could be a proble.

that is so cool that she got to meet her.

This is good to know. Yes - I am rarely asked for my pin anywhere, except at Target. I agree - many places in our area do not have them yet. I have no idea what the pins are on mine either. :scratchin

Yes - it was a lot of fun for her, she is still on cloud 9. ::yes::

I do not know how I missed the news about the kittens and Alison. So much going on here. I feel like I am running in circles missing everything.
Glad Alison stood up for herself. Just no reason to treat people wrongly. Something better will come along for her.
We just returned from a trip to North Carolina. We had such a great time. I will say we did go on a college visit and we were able to attend one of their games.
So excited that your trip is coming up soon!!!!!
Have a wonderful day!

No worries....

I hope so - she has been so busy with photo shoots, I am not sure she would have the time to have a regular job at the moment. Senior pictures have to be turned in by next week - and many of the Seniors waited until the last minute... She has been out nearly every day - sometimes twice a day - taking pictures.

I am glad you were able to take a trip to NC... I enjoyed the little time I spent there in 2012. I hope the college visit went well. ::yes::

Me too... I cannot believe how fast it is coming! :whoohoo:

Hey D~ busy weekend again for me so I'm catching up now!!

This is adorable!what a great idea for your SBW outfit!

Me too! Great food, and fabulous prices! They have really good snacks there....

What a beautiful baby girl! Congratulations on being an aunt again!

That sounded like an awesome run. Also, the view looks really pretty - I love when the leaves start to change!

That's great! And lol you said you all would be watching Hocus Pocus soon! I have to watch it soon as well, it always gets me into the Halloween spirit!

Yay!!!!!

Awesome! Congrats on finishing Goofy!

That's amazing - I have never heard of her but I'm glad that V got to experience that. How nice of V to give her one of her drawings! And that's wonderful that she spent a lot of time with V.

LOVE!

Hi Alison!!! Thanks for taking the time to catch up... I stopped by your most recent TR yesterday... You girls are so cute! It sounds like you may have had an interesting trip - I'd love to hear more about it in your TR. ::yes::

Yes - running in the fall has been so beautiful... It's just too bad that it's such a short season to enjoy. Winter will be here in full force before we know it. And I am soooo nervous to run in the winter.

Hahahha... Yah - I just love Hocus Pocus - it's just a classic Halloween movie. :thumbsup2

Thanks - I'll be posting him below!

Yes - it was an experience of a lifetime for my artistic child... Most days I can't pull her away from a book or her drawing pencils. :thumbsup2

Thanks for stopping by, I hope you're having a good week!

Your niece is absolutely precious! What a sweet baby! Congratulations!

I adore your new Steamboat Willie bag -- oh my goodness, it's fabulous! I love, love, love it! What a great idea! And it will be so easy to design outfits around. Love!

Excited that V got to meet her favorite artist! What a fun experience for her!

Thank you!!! I wish they were closer, so I would get to enjoy her a little, but it sounds like they may be trying for a visit soon.

Thanks!!! I was so excited about it once I started pulling pieces of it together - I went a little nuts. LOL I cannot wait to wear it all in Disney - I hope it photographs well. :scratchin

Yes - it was an awesome experience for her, she is still on cloud 9. :)

I'm glad that you were able to take Victoria to meet her favorite author. What a fun time for her.

Yes - she was so happy! Olivia is going to New Zealand in a few weeks for a school trip - and V has been so sad, as she wants to see that country and meet this artist in the worst way... So, at least she was able to meet Kristina here - that takes a little of the edge off. LOL

OK all - lots to share today! :woohoo:

I only had a little bit of time to work yesterday... I worked out really early in the morning - about an hour earlier than normal, so I could get upstairs right away.

I was able to accomplish a lot in a short amount of time - which was a relief!

I worked until 10:30am... Yah - that's a really short work day, even for me.

Then I went on a run... It was a chilly 52°... I debated on long sleeves or short sleeves, in the end I went with long, because it was under Sue's 55° rule. ::yes:: For most of the run, I was comfortable... but the longer I ran, the hotter I got. LOL Figures - and by the end of the run, I was a little warm. Thankfully it wasn't too bad, so I just dealt with it. I did my longer week day run - so, I went the extra half mile out, doing the extra hill. I wasn't going to, but when I got to the spot I normally turn around - I just kept going straight, and there's no way I'd do a half-a-hill... So, I did it all. :thumbsup2 When I got home, I took my obligatory pictures... It wasn't until a few minutes later, I realized that I'd hit a PR pace! :woohoo: On the hills, no less!!! Double :woohoo: I was so excited! I thought I had done good, because every time I looked down at my Garmin - I was in the low 13s. But when I was done, I just looked at the .56 and assumed it was a 14 in front of it... It didn't click that I had skipped an ENTIRE MINUTE until later. Eeeeep!!!! I am still thrilled with myself. LOL Anyways... Here's the picture to prove it...

2015-10-14_11.41.29.jpg

After - I got ready and took V to her appointment. Which went well. We had to rush right home after, because Allison had another photo shoot last night.

So, I sat in my recliner all night and enjoyed being lazy....

Oh - I did go upstairs and take pictures of Goofy for you all! ::yes:: I am so happy with how this bag turned out. Depending on how large it posts, you may not be able to see some of my favorite details.... But each section of the bag is quilted in a different color of satin thread... I used blue, lime green, yellow and orange. Then the ruffle - I am super happy with. I have not been doing a lot of ruffles on my bags lately, because I haven't been liking how they look - but this one turned out really great and I am very happy with it. :D The ears are Victoria's Goofy ears from Jen at Princess Pie (closed shop)... The necklace is from Erin at Pixie Twist (closed shop)... I know I have it photographed as a tank top and shorts outfit... But I will have denim capris with to change out with these if necessary, and I will have a different tee shirt too... Plus my black fleece jacket (which I didn't feel like unpacking for pictures) if necessary.

20151014_162119.jpg

20151014_162343.jpg

20151014_162401.jpg

Again - the final collage of all of my outfits for this trip... And Suzi - even though there are 8 outfits shown... I really only have one extra and that's for MVMCP. ::yes:: We are there for 7 days... 5 park days... So, I need 5 outfits.... 6 with MVMCP... Then one on each travel day... If anything - I might ditich one and wear semi-normal clothes home, which is OK. At least I am prepared. LOL

2015-10-15_05.16.47.jpg

I am soooo excited!!!! Beyond belief!!! It's starting to turn cold here, and the only thing really keeping me going at the moment, is that winter will be short for me this year - with 2 trips and running to keep me going.

So, today.... Again... V has another appointment this afternoon...

I will do my heavy lifting right away this morning and get up to work as soon as possible.

I will work today until 12:30 - which is my normal lunch time. I will eat lunch and get ready, then I'll take V to her appt. Again - we have to rush home after, because Alli has another photo shoot this evening (along with one this morning too...).

That's about all for today!!! I hope you all have an amazing day!!! Prayers and good thoughts to all of you! :grouphug:

D~

Yes - she was so happy! Olivia is going to New Zealand in a few weeks for a school trip - and V has been so sad, as she wants to see that country and meet this artist in the worst way... So, at least she was able to meet Kristina here - that takes a little of the edge off. LOL
Olivia is really lucky to be going to New Zealand. School trips have gotten a whole lot better than the kind of school trips we had. One of my co-workers went to New Zealand and it sounded like a wonderful place. No wonder Victoria is jealous.

Then I went on a run... It was a chilly 52°... I debated on long sleeves or short sleeves, in the end I went with long, because it was under Sue's 55° rule. ::yes:: For most of the run, I was comfortable... but the longer I ran, the hotter I got. LOL Figures - and by the end of the run, I was a little warm.
There are several weights of breathable fabrics for different temperature ranges. It was 49 degrees when I went running yesterday morning and I wore a thin long sleeve shirt with my reflexive running vest. It takes awhile to learn what works best for the temperature. And then you need to consider the wind speed. 35 degrees with the wind blowing at 20 mph is a whole lot colder than 35 degrees, sunny and calm. Winter running takes a lot of planning. ;)

It wasn't until a few minutes later, I realized that I'd hit a PR pace!
Wow - that's what I call progress. Doesn't it feel good? ::yes::

I did go upstairs and take pictures of Goofy for you all! ::yes::
That bag is adorable. I hope you get lots of compliments when you are at Disney. I think your wardrobe looks amazing! You were wise to stick with coordinating colors. It will be easy to adjust for variations in the weather. Disney in November can be hot and cold all in the same week. :)

Pretty soon you'll have enough MB's to start decorating them, too. ;) You'll get an AP band after you activate your pass. Unfortunately you'll have to wait until January before you can use it.

Hey, no need to explain it to me....I'll be changing outfits at least once a day ;)

I have been making my final list. I still need to buy a few things....sunscreen lip balm, black fleece or hoodie....just some stuff. Can't wait!

Hi Alison!!! Thanks for taking the time to catch up... I stopped by your most recent TR yesterday... You girls are so cute! It sounds like you may have had an interesting trip - I'd love to hear more about it in your TR. ::yes::
Thank you!!!! Yes...I have to get onto that. Since I have been so busy with school, I haven't had a chance recently to do another update - I plan on doing it soon though! I'll make sure to let you know when I update it!:goodvibes
Yes - running in the fall has been so beautiful... It's just too bad that it's such a short season to enjoy. Winter will be here in full force before we know it. And I am soooo nervous to run in the winter.
I know!!! Living in NY I have always had that problem. It always seems like it goes from summer to fall for like 2 weeks and then its freezing. :confused3

Hahahha... Yah - I just love Hocus Pocus - it's just a classic Halloween movie. :thumbsup2
Me too! That reminds me I have to make sure I buy it on DVD before Halloween comes up....
Yes - it was an experience of a lifetime for my artistic child... Most days I can't pull her away from a book or her drawing pencils. :thumbsup2
From one artsy girl to another - being that way is a great thing! Artsy people have the most fun!:thumbsup2:rotfl:
I was able to accomplish a lot in a short amount of time - which was a relief!
Thats always good!
so, I went the extra half mile out, doing the extra hill. I wasn't going to, but when I got to the spot I normally turn around - I just kept going straight, and there's no way I'd do a half-a-hill... So, I did it all. :thumbsup2
It wasn't until a few minutes later, I realized that I'd hit a PR pace! :woohoo: On the hills, no less!!! Double :woohoo: I was so excited!
This is amazing!!!! Congrats to you!:thumbsup2

Oh - I did go upstairs and take pictures of Goofy for you all! ::yes::
AMAZING! I love how Goofy is upside down - its so...GOOFY!:rotfl::thumbsup2
Again - the final collage of all of my outfits for this trip... And Suzi - even though there are 8 outfits shown... I really only have one extra and that's for MVMCP. ::yes:: We are there for 7 days... 5 park days... So, I need 5 outfits.... 6 with MVMCP... Then one on each travel day... If anything - I might ditich one and wear semi-normal clothes home, which is OK. At least I am prepared. LOL

2015-10-15_05.16.47.jpg
Love Love LOVE!!! :goodvibes

Olivia is really lucky to be going to New Zealand. School trips have gotten a whole lot better than the kind of school trips we had. One of my co-workers went to New Zealand and it sounded like a wonderful place. No wonder Victoria is jealous.

There are several weights of breathable fabrics for different temperature ranges. It was 49 degrees when I went running yesterday morning and I wore a thin long sleeve shirt with my reflexive running vest. It takes awhile to learn what works best for the temperature. And then you need to consider the wind speed. 35 degrees with the wind blowing at 20 mph is a whole lot colder than 35 degrees, sunny and calm. Winter running takes a lot of planning.

Wow - that's what I call progress. Doesn't it feel good?
That bag is adorable. I hope you get lots of compliments when you are at Disney. I think your wardrobe looks amazing! You were wise to stick with coordinating colors. It will be easy to adjust for variations in the weather. Disney in November can be hot and cold all in the same week.

Pretty soon you'll have enough MB's to start decorating them, too. You'll get an AP band after you activate your pass. Unfortunately you'll have to wait until January before you can use it.

I agree - New Zealand is going to be an amazing trip for Olivia. I am excited for her. :)

Yes - that there is, it's so confusing.... The long sleeves I have now for running are quite vented, so I can definitely feel air movement - which saves me. It is very difficult to figure out sometimes.

Hahaha... Well, I'll have whopping 2 for this trip... Hmmm - why won't I be able to use my MB/AP for this upcoming trip? I will need it to get into the parks won't I?

Love every one of your outfits!

Thanks Ariana - I am very excited about wearing them! ::yes::

I love your outfits -- and I adore the fabric you used on the inside of your Goofy bag!!!

Thanks! LOL That is my "Standard Goofy fabric" - I am running dangerously low on it, and it's out of print -so I am using it as sparingly as I can. However, I did make a skirt out of it once - which I've never washed or worn - if I get desperate enough, I'll rip it apart. ::yes::

I love your outfits! It looks like you're all set and ready to go! It's getting so close.

Thanks!!! Yes, I am mostly ready... I have to pull my gray sweater dress/black leggings out and wear them for the service this weekend - so once I get them washed and packed back up, I will be totally ready. ::yes::

Hey, no need to explain it to me....I'll be changing outfits at least once a day

I have been making my final list. I still need to buy a few things....sunscreen lip balm, black fleece or hoodie....just some stuff. Can't wait!

Probably... LOL I love you!

I need to get plain 'ol sunscreen - I forgot that I brought all of ours to the cabin this year - so I have none for Disney... Thankfully it isn't Disney in August, so I can prob get away with one bottle. I also need to locate all of my portable chargers for my phone... I know where 2 of them are...

Thank you!!!! Yes...I have to get onto that. Since I have been so busy with school, I haven't had a chance recently to do another update - I plan on doing it soon though! I'll make sure to let you know when I update it!:

I know!!! Living in NY I have always had that problem. It always seems like it goes from summer to fall for like 2 weeks and then its freezing.

Me too! That reminds me I have to make sure I buy it on DVD before Halloween comes up....

From one artsy girl to another - being that way is a great thing! Artsy people have the most fun!

Thats always good!

This is amazing!!!! Congrats to you!

AMAZING! I love how Goofy is upside down - its so...GOOFY!

Love Love LOVE!!!

I totally understand... Life gets busy sometimes. I had to take a break from here earlier this summer, mostly due to Cooper and having to take care of him in the morning - I just didn't have time to stay caught up.

Yes - I do wish fall lasted longer... It's such a beautiful season.

Hehehe...

Thank you - I was pretty proud! ::yes::

Thanks - I am happy with how Goofy turned out.

**************************************************************************************

So, I did my heavy lifting right away yesterday morning... My Fitbit gives me absolutely NO credit for this activity. Sigh. And it's hard work. Oh well... I"ll just chalk it up to bonus points and leave it at that.

I was able to accomplish what I needed to yesterday in my sewing room - which was good, since it was only a half day for me.

Then I had lunch, got ready and headed out to V's other appointment. She took an adorable picture of us - no she isn't driving - she took it with her front camera on her phone - so it's a mirror image. I am the one driving (stopped in traffic)... It looks like my hair is getting pretty long - I wear it in a pony tail a lot these days, so I don't always get to notice how long it is getting.

Snapchat-8388856648486055870.jpg

After her appointment, we dropped her off at her friend Vicki's house, Allison and I grabbed Chipotle for dinner - I've reconfigured what I normally get, and I've got it down to 455 calories - which is pretty good... As long as I can keep my fingers out of those darn lime chips (Hello... 574 for HALF a bag - OUCH)... Not that I really count calories - but I am for before the trip... Trying to be really good. ::yes::

Then we sat around for the remainder of the night. Oh, I took the puppies for a walk... I wish I would have taken a picture, because they were both so cute!

Today... Josh is working for a half day... Then he is going up to get my Dad to bring him to our house for the weekend. I am looking forward to having him here.

I will be here, working all day.... I will be going for a run this afternoon too.

I hope you all have a great weekend! Prayers and good thoughts to all! :grouphug:

Congrats on Lara! It's so fun being an Auntie.

The new Goofy bag is great. I also love that lining. Too bad it's been put out to pasture.

... It wasn't until a few minutes later, I realized that I'd hit a PR pace! :woohoo: On the hills, no less!!! Double :woohoo: I was so excited! I thought I had done good, because every time I looked down at my Garmin - I was in the low 13s. But when I was done, I just looked at the .56 and assumed it was a 14 in front of it... It didn't click that I had skipped an ENTIRE MINUTE until later. Eeeeep!!!! I am still thrilled with myself

You should be thrilled. Knocking time off feels so wonderful. And with hills!

As long as I can keep my fingers out of those darn lime chips (Hello... 574 for HALF a bag - OUCH)...

Wow that's insane. Worse than French fries.

20 more days for me! It's getting scary close now. :scared:

Have a great weekend!

Love the picture! I notice that as well, sometimes it takes seeing yourself in a picture to realize how much your hair has grown lol!

Enjoy your weekend! :goodvibes

Hmmm - why won't I be able to use my MB/AP for this upcoming trip? I will need it to get into the parks won't I?
Both of your MagicBands will work with your AP to get you into the parks. You received those MB's because you had a resort reservation. I'm assuming that you have a voucher that you have to redeem for an Annual Pass before you can enter the parks. You will receive an Annual Pass card when that happens. That AP card is your ticket that will get you into the parks. Unless they changed the process recently, the AP isn't activated until you enter a park. Once that happens then the option to customize a new MB will appear in your MDE account. That will be your AP MagicBand. It will be shipped to you sometime after you customize it, but you won't receive it until well after your trip is over.

She took an adorable picture of us
This is a really cute picture of the two of you. Victoria seems to be growing up fast.

Enjoy you dad and it does look like she is driving. I had to take a double take!

See you soon!

Thanks he is here now - and it's nice having him here for once... Even if it is a lot of long hours of driving to get him here (then home again).

Yippie!!!! Cannot wait!@!!!!!

Congrats on Lara! It's so fun being an Auntie.

The new Goofy bag is great. I also love that lining. Too bad it's been put out to pasture.

You should be thrilled. Knocking time off feels so wonderful. And with hills!

Wow that's insane. Worse than French fries.

20 more days for me! It's getting scary close now.

Have a great weekend!

Thanks!!! :woohoo:

Yes - I was pretty excited about it. Yesterday wasn't as good - but the weather was sucky.

Eeeep - your race is getting so close - you will do great - I know you will!!!

You too! Thanks!

V is looking so much older lately! Awwww!

Have a great weekend with your dad!

Yes - she is... SIgh.... It's gonna be hard when they are gone.

Thanks - he is here now, and it's going great! It's nice having him here.

Love the picture! I notice that as well, sometimes it takes seeing yourself in a picture to realize how much your hair has grown lol!

Enjoy your weekend!

Yes - exactly!

Thanks you too!!!!

Both of your MagicBands will work with your AP to get you into the parks. You received those MB's because you had a resort reservation. I'm assuming that you have a voucher that you have to redeem for an Annual Pass before you can enter the parks. You will receive an Annual Pass card when that happens. That AP card is your ticket that will get you into the parks. Unless they changed the process recently, the AP isn't activated until you enter a park. Once that happens then the option to customize a new MB will appear in your MDE account. That will be your AP MagicBand. It will be shipped to you sometime after you customize it, but you won't receive it until well after your trip is over.

This is a really cute picture of the two of you. Victoria seems to be growing up fast.

Ahhhhh.... ::yes:: This makes perfect sense now! Thanks for explaining Sue! :thumbsup2 I am such a newbie at this. So.... One more question for you then.... If, perhaps, we might be going to MK that first night - I have to go to the TTC to activate my AP, correct? Otherwise I can't get into the park.... If I had an existing one, I could do it at guest service? I just want to clarify. :)

Yes, she is growing up way too fast!

OK _ super fast update this morning... I over slept and it felt GREAT!!!! But now I am running super late - on top of that The Dis was acting up for me, so I had to reload a bazillion times.

I worked out yesterday morning... Then I worked upstairs.... Then I ran... It was bitter cold/windy - it was a comfy 46°, but I wasn't prepared for that bitter, bitter wind out of the NW.... I could have used 2 shirts. Thankfully - I was smart enough to wear my neck gaitor and my ear warmer... Although - I need to take my neck gaitor upstairs to make a modification or two... It's too big and doesn't like to stay up on my face - so I either need to add some elastic to it - or somehow take it in. I am pretty sure I could have easily wore my winter running coat yesterday and been comfy. Here's yesterday's selfie...

2015-10-16_13.00.55.jpg

Josh went up to get my dad yesterday... I am so thankful for that!!!!

Gus came down yesterday too.... He is staying nearby for the weekend.

I have to run though - we need to leave for the service in a little over an hour... I hope you all have a wonderful day!!! Prayers and good thoughts to all of you!!! :grouphug:

D~

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter