~~ They're leaving the nest, sew it's time for a trip - or two - or three...~~ D~'s bag ~9/22 ~~

During a Whole30
  • No grains
  • No legumes
  • No dairy
  • No alcohol
  • No sugar
  • No artificial sweeteners
I'm trying to remember if I forget any big thing. After the 30 days you are supposed to do a reintroduction.

Thank you. I think that might be a little hard for me to do. I just read that I can't have soy either. My husband and I get a lot of our protein from beans, and tofu.

I do know, from seeing others go through a Whole30, doing it as a vegan is harder - it can still be done, but it is harder - as your protein sources are limited. If you do eat eggs, that does help though - although, I find when I am on a W30 - I eat a LOT of eggs - so I am not sure if you are open to eating them in abundance? I highly recommend reading "It Starts With Food" - as this is the book that is the premise behind the W30 program and explains everything in it... I find, those people who don't read it, have a much more difficult time finishing the entire 30 days.

D~

Thank you. I'm looking into it now. We do eat eggs, but not a whole lot.

I also went up to work early... Where I finished V's wallet that she requested for our Universal day...
I wonder how many people will recognize the sign of the Deathly Hallows. That is very cute. :)

Sorry - I can honestly write a novel about this, as I am so passionate.
I've been passionate about grains and the empty calories from them since my college years, and that was a long time ago. I cringe when I see parents giving donuts and cinnamon rolls and other foods that have no nutritional value to their children for breakfast. Those foods also make you feel terrible and make you crave more of them.

Nice to see that Allison had a greet meet with April. Loved the pictures that Allison took. Hard to believe she will be home soon.

Nothing new going on here, and I am enjoying it. Which is very strange from the summer I have had.

Everyone have a safe and happy Labor Day weekend!

.. Where I finished V's wallet that she requested for our Universal day...
That is so cool.

Thank you. I think that might be a little hard for me to do. I just read that I can't have soy either. My husband and I get a lot of our protein from beans, and tofu.
There is a vegetarian version
http://whole30.com/2015/06/veg-whole30/
I've been passionate about grains and the empty calories from them since my college years, and that was a long time ago. I cringe when I see parents giving donuts and cinnamon rolls and other foods that have no nutritional value to their children for breakfast. Those foods also make you feel terrible and make you crave more of them.
My BIL and SIL who started a whole30, then explained to cousins how great it is yet only feed their 2 year old kraft mac n cheese, cold grilled cheese sandwiches

Going back to my Chocolate bar filled with carmel..
I'm about to go to starbucks and get a frappuccino

Yeah, I read that. I don't think it's for me. I've been veg for well over a decade now for health reasons that animal proteins contribute to, and run amok in my family. As far as the claims about skin, in my case, that is giving up the dairy. I can't tell you how many compliments I've had since I gave it up. I'm all for giving up sugar, processed/packaged food, and some grains, but actual whole grains are beneficial to my diet, especially since I don't have an adverse reaction to them. Same thing for some legumes, chickpeas to be specific. I realize it's a "restart" program, and it works for a lot of people, but for someone in my situation, there is just too much of a disadvantage, and putting meat back into that equation will just do more harm than good.

Sorry to hijack the thread, D. However, you have inspired me to give up the sugar, nightly glass of wine, and processed stuff for 30 days leading up to my vacation :)

Very interesting on Whole30. Thank you for all of the information. Since starting WW 16 months ago, I really try to focus on 'clean eating' which sounds very similar to this. I'm not 100% though because there are too many foods I love and have on occasion. Do you have any treats at all while on Whole30?!

Can't remember if I mentioned it the other day but we had Chipotle for dinner the other night and I thought of you. What's in your Chipotle bowl?! Great. Now I want Chipotle again!!

Ok, have I missed an update? Are you still at Target?

Ohh! How could I forget?! It's September which means your girl will be home soon! :cheer2:

I lit my first fall candle tonight, Apple Pumpkin from Yankee Candle. This is my favorite time of year, now through the holidays. Simply the best.

And yes, thank you, I think 'Ohaha will be perfect for our special occasion dinner. :lovestruc

Enjoy your weekend!

I totally understand. :) Especially was a vegan/vegetarian - it's a difficult program... It can be done, but as hard as the program is eating meat, I cannot imagine doing it with out.

Thank you. I'm looking into it now. We do eat eggs, but not a whole lot.

:thumbsup2

I wonder how many people will recognize the sign of the Deathly Hallows. That is very cute.

Hopefully some people recognize it. LOL

Sue - you are definitely ahead of the game in many aspects of your life! ::yes:: I completely agree - I wish I would have educated myself sooner in life, I would have saved myself many health issues.

Too much healthy talking over here..

Going back to my Chocolate bar filled with carmel..

Hahaha... Enjoy one for me!

Nice to see that Allison had a greet meet with April. Loved the pictures that Allison took. Hard to believe she will be home soon.

Nothing new going on here, and I am enjoying it. Which is very strange from the summer I have had.

Everyone have a safe and happy Labor Day weekend!

It was really cool... You know how I talked her into going? She was having a rough home-sick day, and I told her "maybe it might help to have a mom connection over there?" - and that's when she decided to go. I am so happy to hear that they hit it off so well, it warms my heart that I have friends all over the world for situations like this. :lovestruc

Yes - that is strange, but very welcome, I am sure.

Thank you - same to you! :lovestruc

That is so cool.

There is a vegetarian version
http://whole30.com/2015/06/veg-whole30/

My BIL and SIL who started a whole30, then explained to cousins how great it is yet only feed their 2 year old kraft mac n cheese, cold grilled cheese sandwiches

I'm about to go to starbucks and get a frappuccino

Yikes... But I was there once too... But back then, I didn't know any better. And I still do feed the family Mac n' Cheese, but only if they request it (which is rare) and they are educated and old enough to know what to feed their body. :scratchin

Enjoy that too! LOL

Yeah, I read that. I don't think it's for me. I've been veg for well over a decade now for health reasons that animal proteins contribute to, and run amok in my family. As far as the claims about skin, in my case, that is giving up the dairy. I can't tell you how many compliments I've had since I gave it up. I'm all for giving up sugar, processed/packaged food, and some grains, but actual whole grains are beneficial to my diet, especially since I don't have an adverse reaction to them. Same thing for some legumes, chickpeas to be specific. I realize it's a "restart" program, and it works for a lot of people, but for someone in my situation, there is just too much of a disadvantage, and putting meat back into that equation will just do more harm than good.

Sorry to hijack the thread, D. However, you have inspired me to give up the sugar, nightly glass of wine, and processed stuff for 30 days leading up to my vacation :)

I completely understand this! I wouldn't test the waters either, since you know what works and what doesn't. Everyone is different and I totally respect that. :lovestruc And never worry about hijacking... You guys can have conversations here, I don't mind. LOL

Awesome about the giving up of sugar though - even if you only do it for a set period of time... That is great! Good luck and keep me updated as to how it goes! :thumbsup2

Very interesting on Whole30. Thank you for all of the information. Since starting WW 16 months ago, I really try to focus on 'clean eating' which sounds very similar to this. I'm not 100% though because there are too many foods I love and have on occasion. Do you have any treats at all while on Whole30?!

Can't remember if I mentioned it the other day but we had Chipotle for dinner the other night and I thought of you. What's in your Chipotle bowl?! Great. Now I want Chipotle again!!

Ok, have I missed an update? Are you still at Target?

Ohh! How could I forget?! It's September which means your girl will be home soon! :cheer2:

I lit my first fall candle tonight, Apple Pumpkin from Yankee Candle. This is my favorite time of year, now through the holidays. Simply the best.

And yes, thank you, I think 'Ohaha will be perfect for our special occasion dinner. :lovestruc

Enjoy your weekend!

During the W30 there are no treats allowed, ever , otherwise I have to restart. It's a super strict program. It's not really a weight loss program, it's more of a tool for people with allergies or health issues who need to know if a certain food is causing them issues... So, it eliminates EVERYTHING that isn't natural - it's super, super strict - for 30 days (or sometimes more, if necessary)... Many people - almost all people, discover allergies that they didn't realize they had... A common one is skin issues (acne...) or digestion issues... Things that are "mild", but at the same time, unwanted and totally "curable" with our diet. Other people (like me), are using the W30 as a reset... I noticed, even though I was trying, I was still adding too much junk into my diet - so I was in desperate need of a reset. I've already done a strict W30, and I know what my allergies are, so this is definitely a reset for me and not a discovery thing. ::yes:: One of the benefits to doing a W30 is sometimes weight/size loss - but not always. :) I am hoping that it will nudge me in the right direction for that, but it's not something I am necessarily expecting. If that makes sense? :lovestruc

Hahaha... Yes - I love my Chipotle. OK, so my bowl is this: Half white rice, steak, extra cilantro, mild salsa, a little bit of corn salsa, a little sour cream and lots n' lots of lettuce... Then I squeeze 4 quarters of a lime over the top. <---- This is a new addition I just discovered a few weeks ago, and it makes a total difference... Although it's a bit messy. ::yes:: Then, while I am on the W30 - certain items at Chipotle are W30 approved, so my bowl is this: Barbacoa, lots of cilantro, mild salsa, guac and lots n' lots of lettuce. :) Believe it or not - both bowls are about the same amount of calories - my regular one is 35 more... I was curious yesterday - so I figured it out. :thumbsup2

Yes - still at Target, for the time being... One day per week. I am coming up to my 10 years there though, and I am seriously reevaluating my options. ::yes::

Yes!!! I am very close to a single digit dance on that one! :woohoo: The excitement is REAL! :lovestruc

I know!!! Right!!! I think I will be ripping my porch apart sometime today and working on decor this weekend... I am soooo ready to decorate for fall! :woohoo: And I love all of those scents... I will admit - I have many wax pots around the house and I do put those scents in often... Maybe I should reserve them for fall? :scratchin But I love them so much - I do put them in all year. I am weird. LOL

I agree - it will be perfect. :lovestruc

I hope you have a great weekend also! :lovestruc

***********************************************************************************************************

I had a pretty decent day yesterday...

I did my 30DS right away in the morning, and then I worked. V and I had to run to town to get the registration on my Edge renewed, we grabbed lunch at Chipotle while we were there, and then I dropped her off at work. Josh and I also went out for dinner last night - it was very good... Mexican again, I find that's the easiest when I am doing W30.

I don't have too many big plans for this weekend.

I do plan to run to Michael's this morning... I want to try my hand at making a wreath for my front porch. Then I would like to get all of my fall decor up out there.

I also plan to finish my next park bag for myself.

Then I will start on next week's custom order.

I hope to fit in a run at some point, either this morning or tomorrow morning.

I hope you all have a great holiday weekend! Sending Pixie Dust out to all of you! :lovestruc

D~

W30 makes perfect sense. I think I would probably use it as a reset as well but I have to admit, it sounds quite difficult. Thankfully difficult and impossible are not the same thing. If you don't mind, could you share a typical day of food choices here? I read a little more about W30 this morning but one of my biggest struggles is being prepared food wise, working and commuting 5 days a week, I find having my meals planned for the week makes me most successful in the food department. So thank you again for the info. :thanks:

I love lime!! I put it on almost everything which is the exact reason I have done damage to my 2 front teeth, just about all the enamel has worn off due to lime/lemon and my previous ridiculous pop consumption. On a dental plan for this now, thankfully! In any case, your chipotle choices sound delicious and I'm pretty sure that's what's for lunch now. :rolleyes1

Almost single digit time! So great!!

And it's getting so close for your trip with V! The time leading up to vacation is just the best, isn't it?! Love it.

Well I guess one day a week at Target isn't too bad. :rolleyes2

Ehhh, maybe I'm a little odd but I am so OCD about my candles/waxes. I like to use the ones that 'go with' the time of year so for me, I haven't had a fall scent in the house since last year. It's something I look forward to, switching out the scents. Wow, typing that just made me feel like a senior citizen. :o

Happy Saturday!

Last edited:
Thanks for the W30 info. It does totally make sense. I love that you are so passionate about it. I learned about the grain issue a few years ago when I watched a documentary about the farming industry and the new Farm Bill that was re-passed in Congress. It is weird to think of food as a political issue, but it is. People would be amazed at how many US Congresspeople have stock in giant farm companies like Monsanto & benefit from keeping us addicted to grains. That being said- it's one of those things where I think people, like me, know that we should not eat processed foods and yet when it comes to grabbing something quick and easy, that's what I go for. It's also interesting living in another country and seeing our American processed foods but some of the ingredients are different. I bought some Ruffles for our pantry & Emma told me that they tasted funny. I looked at the package to see if maybe they were expired or something, but it turns out that they say "Export" on the front and the ingredients are only potatoes, vegetable or sunflower oil and salt. In Japan, and I am sure other countries the chemicals are illegal! I am going to read the articles you linked when I get a chance. I am really considering ordering the W30 books. I think the education alone is beneficial. The graphic you put up is really helpful. I am a visual person, so it makes more sense when I can see it in front of me. Thanks again! I, too, would be interested to hear a sample day of what you eat on Whole30.

I saw V's wristlet on FB, and as I said, I love it! So subtle, but perfect for a HP fan!

Love the pic of Allison and sweet lil cousin! She will definitely miss them when she comes back.

I saw some pics of the first MNSSHP this week and it looks so fabulous-it makes me excited for you & V and your trip!

You are definitely "going to town" on the bags! I am enjoying seeing all of your creations for this trip.

I hope you are having a good holiday weekend!

W30 makes perfect sense. I think I would probably use it as a reset as well but I have to admit, it sounds quite difficult. Thankfully difficult and impossible are not the same thing. If you don't mind, could you share a typical day of food choices here? I read a little more about W30 this morning but one of my biggest struggles is being prepared food wise, working and commuting 5 days a week, I find having my meals planned for the week makes me most successful in the food department. So thank you again for the info. :thanks:

I love lime!! I put it on almost everything which is the exact reason I have done damage to my 2 front teeth, just about all the enamel has worn off due to lime/lemon and my previous ridiculous pop consumption. On a dental plan for this now, thankfully! In any case, your chipotle choices sound delicious and I'm pretty sure that's what's for lunch now. :rolleyes1

Almost single digit time! So great!!

And it's getting so close for your trip with V! The time leading up to vacation is just the best, isn't it?! Love it.

Well I guess one day a week at Target isn't too bad. :rolleyes2

Ehhh, maybe I'm a little odd but I am so OCD about my candles/waxes. I like to use the ones that 'go with' the time of year so for me, I haven't had a fall scent in the house since last year. It's something I look forward to, switching out the scents. Wow, typing that just made me feel like a senior citizen. :o

Happy Saturday!

It is definitely difficult, but I've done much more difficult things in my life. ;) To me, the hardest part of doing a W30 is the first few days, when you are adjusting to life without sugar and grains... Once I kind of get out of that "snacking mentality", I am able to (most of the time) go through my days with out the need for a snack. I tend to be pretty good with self control during this - which is why I've resorted back to it a few times, it's truly a good reset for me... However, sometimes it does take me a long time thinking about doing it, before I actually do it... This is only my 3rd W30 in a matter of 20 months, LOL...

I will do a sample day below, it seems there are a few people who are interested in seeing that. Planning and prep work during a W30 is essential. Considering that there are only a handful of restaurants that are compliant, and all food must be completely free of any additives - so even foods labeled "organic" are often not allowed... There is a LOT of prep work and food cooking time involved in a W30... Many people will take several hours on their weekend and do batch cooking for the week. I usually do some food prep on Monday mornings - boil eggs n' such... but I don't necessarily batch cook - I typically make extras of whatever I happen to be making that's compliant and eat that over the course of a few days. It works well for me. ::yes::

Oooh - I'll have to watch out for that... I do add lemon and lime to many of my foods, and always to my water - only when I am eating out though, at home, I drink it plain.

Yes - we are all getting excited to have her home, except for V - but secretly I think she misses her sister... Although - they still fight over Skype... :whatever: I just don't get it??? LOL

No, it isn't terrible... but I dread it more and more every week.

I totally get it... Usually I am OCD about things like that, but I just really want my kitchen to smell like I am baking all the time - especially since I rarely bake anymore. :lmao:

I hope you're having a great holiday weekend. :lovestruc

Thanks for the W30 info. It does totally make sense. I love that you are so passionate about it. I learned about the grain issue a few years ago when I watched a documentary about the farming industry and the new Farm Bill that was re-passed in Congress. It is weird to think of food as a political issue, but it is. People would be amazed at how many US Congresspeople have stock in giant farm companies like Monsanto & benefit from keeping us addicted to grains. That being said- it's one of those things where I think people, like me, know that we should not eat processed foods and yet when it comes to grabbing something quick and easy, that's what I go for. It's also interesting living in another country and seeing our American processed foods but some of the ingredients are different. I bought some Ruffles for our pantry & Emma told me that they tasted funny. I looked at the package to see if maybe they were expired or something, but it turns out that they say "Export" on the front and the ingredients are only potatoes, vegetable or sunflower oil and salt. In Japan, and I am sure other countries the chemicals are illegal! I am going to read the articles you linked when I get a chance. I am really considering ordering the W30 books. I think the education alone is beneficial. The graphic you put up is really helpful. I am a visual person, so it makes more sense when I can see it in front of me. Thanks again! I, too, would be interested to hear a sample day of what you eat on Whole30.

I saw V's wristlet on FB, and as I said, I love it! So subtle, but perfect for a HP fan!

Love the pic of Allison and sweet lil cousin! She will definitely miss them when she comes back.

I saw some pics of the first MNSSHP this week and it looks so fabulous-it makes me excited for you & V and your trip!

You are definitely "going to town" on the bags! I am enjoying seeing all of your creations for this trip.

I hope you are having a good holiday weekend!

Exactly - that was a huge eye opener to me too... I am certain we probably watched the same documentary. Oh yes - grains are super easy, like ridiculously easy... And due to our culture and way of life - many people don't have the time to cook meals, so it's only natural that it's necessary to do what's easy. It's just sad that "easy" is slowly killing us. But, like you - I've grabbed easy stuff to make on more than several occasions - we all do it... But if your family is anything like mine - they don't see it the way we do, and my family does give me a bit of grief over my food beliefs - so they continue to eat the way they want to, even though they know it's bad for them - I just don't think they fully believe it. They are a lot like i used to be, where I thought if it was in a grocery store, it was food. Sadly - that's just not the case.

That is a huge reality... Same with Europe... They won't import all the chemicals that are in our food - so the American food manufacturers have to make the same food with out all the added junk for over seas... Yet they continue to fill our food with crap. The American food system is so terrible... I sometimes feel like we are rats in a giant food experiment. :( To think that our government and food manufacturers are OK with this, just to make a profit. I get so angry...

The W30 books are an excellent read... I do find myself going back to re-read them on occasion. I will post a sample day below. ::yes::

Thanks - I like her wallet/lanyard combo too. :)

Yes - I think Allison will be a little torn for a while... As much as she wants to be here - I think her heart will ache for her family there too. :lovestruc

Thanks... I still have one more I want to do - but I will see if I can find the ambition to do it... I am already going down with 3 new bags for this trip - so it's not as if I have nothing new... I just don't see any of them as being that interesting... they are all the same basic colors and nothing really fun - if that makes sense? I hope to work on putting some of my outfits together and taking pictures of them today... That's a HUGE process and a HUGE mess when I do it - I have it all laid out in my sewing room right now, staged and ready to organize. ::yes::

Thank you - I hope you are enjoying your holiday weekend too. Do they do anything special for it over there?

******************************************************************************************************

Ok - Yesterday - I started off early in the morning - like 7am, working in my sewing room to finish my most recent bag for our trip. I've been working hard at making myself the classics, because I really love them. As you all know, Donald is my absolute favorite - but then a very close 2nd is EVERYONE ELSE. LOL There really is NO Disney character out there that I don't love. But then my problem comes, it seems that every theme I have is a great option for every park... So, then I have issues deciding what to wear. LOL It's a 2 sided coin, I guess. :scratchin Anyways... Here's a line up of everything - so far - that's made the cut for this trip... I still *might* make one more bag for myself, but we'll see...

I have 3 new bags for this trip (the one I finished yesterday is the Mickey/Pluto bag)... Then I have 3 new bags from the last trip... Then my classic Duck Butt bag - which I love so much.

20160903_164827.jpg

Then, yesterday morning - early... I ran to Michael's to get a few supplies to make myself a wreath... I've been wanting one for a while now, but gosh - they are soooo expensive on Etsy. Anything I wanted was $70 and up. I figured I'd give it a try and see how I did... Overall, I am happy with how my wreath turned out - it's not fancy or anything - but it will do, and all of the supplies only cost me $25... A much better number. So, I spent a good part of my lunch hour setting up my fall decor on the front porch... I still have a bit of work to do out there, and a couple items I still hope to get... but for the most part, I think it looks pretty good. A wee bit early - but I wanted it decorated nicely for when Allison comes home, and I have a full schedule until then, so this was the only time I could really do it. ::yes::

20160903_133843.jpg

20160903_135724.jpg

20160903_135706.jpg

When doing this decor - I try really hard to invest my $$ into classic pieces that I can use through out the year... Obviously the gate was free, so was the milk can, plus another stainless steel bucket that I've yet to use in anything... I did splurge earlier this summer on new chair cushions, and I am super happy with that purchase - I gave a lot of thought to the color I wanted, and when I stumbled on this set - on clearance for $15/set - at Home Goods, I jumped on it. Initially, I was thinking I wanted navy when I found these - but this was the only one there and I took it, because I truly loved the white piping contrast.... Now that I've given it more thought - I will get a lot more use out of the red than I would out of the navy... As I can use the red for my summer American/4th of July set... Red goes well with fall... Red goes well with Christmas.... See??? A much better choice. I really enjoyed setting everything up yesterday though - it was a good distraction from other things in life - I look forward to adding a few more things to it - like corn stalks once our corn is fully dried... And a couple of pillows on the chairs... I'll get there.

Here's a "sample day" from my Whole30.... Because I've done a STRICT W30 in the past, I do allow myself one indulgence per day - which is my morning coffee... I drink it as close to black as i can stand it, but it does have a little bit of agave and a tiny bit of half n' half in it - both all natural products. If you were doing your first W30 - I would NOT recommend doing this at all... I would strongly encourage that you do a strict W30 the first time, just to insure there are no unknown allergies. ::yes::

So, first thing I had was coffee, a little agave and a little creamer.

Breakfast was bagged coleslaw mix and onion, fried in coconut oil and topped with 2 eggs, over easy.

20160830_090716.jpg

Lunch was my leftover chorizo from the night before - chorizo sausage with peppers and onions on top of a bed of lettuce.

20160903_124701.jpg

Dinner was home made chicken fajitas... The recipe is here - I followed it exactly... http://www.jaysbakingmecrazy.com/2016/07/25/paleo-chicken-fajita-bowl/ - It was absolutely delicious and I have enough leftovers for 2 more meals. I ate it on a large bed of lettuce and half of an avocado on the side (for my fat).

20160903_181608.jpg

I was up a little late last night watching the news, and my stomach was growling... Since snacks aren't allowed at all on a W30 - and if you are hungry, it's recommended that you eat a mini meal - which is 2 out of 3 of the template, but smaller portions of each. So, I had a little of the leftover fajita concoction and an orange.

So, that was my W30 day yesterday. :)

********************************************************************************************************

On a sad note... Please bear with me here... This is long.

Yesterday was a very sad day here in MN and everywhere. It was announced on the news that the remains of Jacob Wetterling had been found. There are many things in our lives, where we can look back and remember where we were when an event happened... Jacob Wetterling's abduction was one of those events for me, and for many other Minnesotans... It changed the way we lived, it changed the way we raised our children, and it changed our trust in our friends and neighbors. Jacob's abduction changed everything about us, our way of life, our belief in the good in the world. Jacob was abducted from St. Joseph, MN - just a mere few miles from St. Cloud - where my parents lived, and where I lived as a child... A small town we often spent a lot of time in... and a small town I drove through constantly... My BFF lived there (Lynie - the one who was just here last weekend)... This was a town I was greatly connected to. To have something this terrible happen in our own back yard, it threw our community into shock. I was 14 at the time, so 3 years older than Jacob... I have many memories from this time in my life... I remember the local radio stations asking people to search their land, search their out buildings, search anywhere they had access to, in an attempt to locate him... So, I remember being at BFF's house the following weekend, searching her parent's property and out buildings... I remember all of the buttons declairing "Jacob's Hope", and wearing them for months afterward... I remember the candle light vigils... I remember the community prayers... I remember his song "Jacob's Hope" which played on radio stations locally for a long time... I remember his favorite song... I remember it all. Through all of this, we prayed he would be found... And he never was. But his family, the authorities, the community - we never forgot... And everyone continued to search for him. I grew up with this... I raised my girls with this... My girls know Jacob, they know his story, and they know how much he touched our lives - even though I've never known him or his family... Yet - Jacob has become Minnesota's child. Over the years - there's been the occasional tip, or news story... And we've all prayed hard that he would be found - and be found alive. Sadly - the news yesterday rocked our worlds, and broke our hearts. I guess, the hardest part for me, is that he was found here - he was found at home - sooo close to us, and so close to where we all searched. He was found about 10 miles from where I was living at the time - on a farm in Paynesville, MN (the exact location hasn't been released yet)... I drove through Paynesville and the surrounding back farm roads on a daily basis... Paynesville was our next nearest "large town"... We went there for Drs... Groceries... You know... And to think he was there the whole time and we (as a community) missed it... He never left home. I think, I hoped, all of these years, he would be found far away... Another state... Another country... After all, things like that don't happen here. I never imagined he would be found here - as the net around home, during that time and ever since, was intense - EVERYONE was looking and EVERYONE was watching. This makes me sick - it truly does... The pit of my stomach is so sad, and my heart is broken for this boy - for his family - for his community... I cannot imagine what they are all going through now, as what I am dealing with is very sad, and I didn't know him. I ask that you pray for his family... for everyone... His life touched our community, our state, our laws and the laws of the nation... Through it all, there was always hope, and this was not the hope we all prayed for.

Last night, as a tribute to Jacob, communities around the state, around the nation left their porch lights on... This is a tradition here in MN... Yearly - on the anniversary of his abduction, homes would leave their porch lights on to light his way home... His family never shut their porch lights off... Our's were lit last night, as were many of our neighbors to light Jacob's way home. #jacobshope #lightsonforjacob

IMG_20160903_202752.jpg

If you've never heard of Jacob Wetterling, I am posting a link to the latest story... Which has a timeline of his disappearance. http://www.startribune.com/wetterling-suspect-leads-officials-to-unidentified-remains/392238471/#1

I apologize for ending today's update on such a sad note... I don't like to post sadness here... but much of this weekend - so far - has been spent glued to the TV for the latest updates, praying for peace for his family and healing for the community. :lovestruc

I hope all of you are enjoying your holiday weekend. Sending prayers and pixie dust out to all of you. :lovestruc

D~

Thank you again for the W30 info and for posting a sample day. I spent a good part of yesterday reading more about W30 and learning a bit more about the program. I have decided that I will begin my W30 tomorrow so I am making a list of must haves and will head to the grocery store soon. I am in desperate need of a reset and I feel this is the perfect choice. I am continuing on my WW journey as I have had great success but for me this seems like a perfect partner to WW and is solely being used as a reset because I feel it's sooooo easy to choose way too many treats and empty calories in my days just because the 'points' fit. I need out of that mindset. And quick! I do have another question, though. Once you complete W30, do you personally add in any of the non-compliant foods back into your diet on a regular basis or do you mainly stick to W30 foods?! I ask because I am hoping that after these 30 days, I remain as close to clean eating as possible and add in other foods on occasion only, I don't want to revert back to unhealthy habits and poor food choices, if that makes sense. I have a list of W30 compliant food but I was surprised to see chorizo on your plate! Didn't realize that was compliant, I'm sure I don't have the complete list because I also don't see any restaurants listed. Please point me in the right direction for a more complete list if you are aware of one. For now, I will stick with what's on the list and I think I will stay away from restaurants this month, except for maybe Chipotle, since you shared your go-to W30 bowl from there.

I did read that it's against W30 to step on the scale and this also happens to fall perfectly into my plan as I decided a couple of weeks ago that for the next 8 weeks I would still weigh in at my meetings on Tuesday nights but I would not look at the scale or sneak peek my WI book, not until my 18 month WW anniversary on October 7 so this pretty much fits right in with that plan. I know I can do this, I have the discipline and moxie to complete whatever it is I set for myself, it will be challenging I'm sure, especially because I'm a huge snacker but I'm up for the challenge. So thank you again for sharing your experiences on W30 and for answering my millions of questions! :hug:

Your porch looks so adorable! I love the idea of also adding the dried corn and your wreath is adorable! I love using corn, pumpkins, small bales of hay and scarecrows on my mini porch - maybe I'll actually decorate it this year. I have stepped away from my usual love of holiday decorating over the past couple of years because things just aren't the same. :blush:

Jacob's story is so heartbreaking but I hope this brings some peace and closure to the family. :grouphug:

Wishing you a lovely Sunday.

D~ I am sad with you. I am a little older than you, but I grew up in Iowa and I remember hearing about Jacob. It breaks my heart that it ended this way, but now maybe his family will get some answers. Thank you for sharing this story :grouphug:

I remember Jacob and his kidnapping and the kidnapping of other boys. I have a son and their stories always hit me hard. I can't imagine the pain these parents went through. At least there is some closure to Jacob's story, although not the ending everyone hoped for. :(

Prayers for Jacob's family.

So sorry I've been gone longer than I can remember. Sorry to hear about Lottie.

What a wonderful summer Allison is having! How great that Victoria will have the same opportunity next year. How great that modern tech allows you to keep in touch so easily. I'll have to figure out FaceTime before Lizzy heads off next year.

How great that V knows where she'll be going to college. Her artwork is amazing!

Lizzy know she wants to study atmospheric science but not quite sure where yet. The MA state colleges don't offer it but there are small state school in NH & VT that do & since MA doesn't have it she could go to either of those at close to in state costs. I think they both have good meteorology. She does not want to work in broadcast-more research, government or privat industry. In April we all did a college tour of 3 NY state schools, a small PA state school & Penn State. Her guidance counselor told her Penn State would be a stretch so she didn't even want to go but I insisted because it's one of the best programs in the country. Since then she got her SAT scores which were significantly higher than Penn State ave so she's coming around to the idea of going there. She'll apply & if she gets in they do an overnight accepted student program to help you decide if it's right for you. This summer she did an internship at the Blue Hills Weather Obsevatory-the oldest continually operating observatory in the country. She's really grown up a lot in the last year. I can't believe she'll be a senior.

In June I went to a seminar at the Grand Floridian. It was awesome! It was applying Disneys way of doing business to your work environment and included a few backstage trips. Class was great, other attendees were interesting, service during class (food) was great, & my first stay at Grand was great. I used my DVC points at Grand villas for 2 nights before - really awesome - and 1 night after in studio at Poly-nice but not a favorite.

This July we drove to Newfoundland for a family vacation. It was nice having a 3rd driver as we drove over 3,200 miles. It was great. We saw icebergs, moose, whales and such stunning landscapes. Even all 3 teens appreciated how cool the place was.

Work is still crazy. A coworker went to Disney with me so we are both trying to use what we learned there. I think she's doing a better job than I am at that.

Sorry I was gone so long. I read along when I get a chance & think of you often but really ought to say hello more often!

I love your Mickey & Pluto bag! OK I really love them all but that one is so cute!

First of all, your bag collection for this trip is awesome. Now, for the coordinating outfits! I can't wait to see what you have planned.

The porch décor is lovely. It looks so cozy and inviting. Good job on the wreath-simple, but perfect. I don't like when they are too busy.

Ok, thank you for posting the sample eating day. It surprisingly looks like a lot of food. I would be afraid of never feeling satisfied with a no grain plan, but it really looks like a lot of food! I pinned the chicken fajita recipe, so I may try that just to see if it is something I can make. I looked on the website and there is a ton of information there. I was also chuckling at the questions and comments section where people are asking "can I have this-can I have that" and the creators are like "do it or don't" if you are going to eat all these little non-compliant things, then you are not doing a whole30. So, I think it is one of those things where, like you said, you really have to do your research and decide you are going to do it full out. Especially the first time, so you know you can do it if you decide to later on for a restart. Your info is really helpful, and I appreciate you taking the time to do it.

Prayers to you and all who were touched by Jacob's story. I had never heard about it, you are the 2nd person I know who has mentioned it. (I had a native MN neighbor in VA who posted the same article on FB) It is sad and terrifying that something like this could happen. It could have been anyone-how does the saying go? "But for the Grace of God, there go I." I will keep his family and yours in my prayers for healing and peace. It reminds me of the book "The Shack" by William P. Young. It totally changed the way I think about God, religion, and why bad things happen that we just can't understand. Anyway, hugs to you.

There isn't much going on here this weekend. It is not a Japanese holiday, so there are no events out in town. There were a few things planned on base, but many of them got cancelled bc of the typhoon warning (luckily turned out to be just a lot of rain). We did hit a sale at he furniture annex on base and got some pretty good deals there. We bought the baby a new crib/toddler bed and E got a new bed- she's not overly fond of it, but all she had was a metal frame & we wanted her to have an actual bed. My Dad is flying out from TN to Ukraine on Monday (eastern time) so we have a facetime date planned with the parents when they wake up, so I am looking forward to that. He goes on a mission trip each year with our home church to a small village where they built a church and a medical clinic there. Anyway, like I said, nothing too exciting. Looking forward to more bag/outfit combos from you in the next few weeks! Take care.

Sounds like you have had a lot to do while I was in Spain.

How great that Allison got a DIS meet with April.

I'm so sorry to hear V's Lottie (her hedgehog) died. That's the worst part of having pets. Is she planning on getting a new one?

I had a great time in Spain. We rented a car for a week and drove around Eastern and Northern part of Spain.
After a week we delivered the car back and met the whole family to spend some days in Barcelona together. We went to the La Sagra Familia (Gaudi's church that they have been building for many many years and still are not finished building. They plan to have it finished in 2026. The building process has gone much quicker than they first thought because of all the visitors to the church who pays for entrance and souvenirs)
We also visited Park Güell. I park where Gaudi has a lot of his artwork.
It was too hot in Spain for my liking. It was 86ºF outside during the day. So it was very nice coming back home to 50ºF.

Our flight back home from Barcelona was 2.5 hours delayed. We landed in Oslo 9.15PM and our flight to Tromsø had boarding 9.30PM. We decided to leave our luggage behind and went through customs and new security check in a hurry. When we came to our Tromsø flight gate at 10.15PM they hadn't started boarding yet. 30 seconds later they started boarding and Ulf and I got to board first. When we came to the flight door we saw 2 mechanics working on the floor. So we had to wait a few more minutes until they where done and the crew was ready to get us boarded. We landed in Tromsø a little after midnight. We got a taxi half past midnight and was home at 1AM. Then we called the airport to inform them about our luggage that was still in Oslo. They told us to contact them again this morning to get the luggage to Tromsø. We called the airport this morning and at 10.30AM we got a phone call saying our luggage was at the airport in Tromsø.

Now I just have to get my clothes washed because on Friday Ulf and I are going to a Cerebral Palsy gathering / conference in a little town outside Oslo. I'm really looking forward to this gathering. It's nice to meet people in the same situation and it's nice to exchange experiences and learn about smart aids that I should have. I think NAV dread every time I go on a gathering like this because I often come home and apply for something new from NAV. :laughing:

I haven't heard any news about my new car yet. On Wednesday this week it is 2 weeks since I was at the garage to test my car.

Thank you again for the W30 info and for posting a sample day. I spent a good part of yesterday reading more about W30 and learning a bit more about the program. I have decided that I will begin my W30 tomorrow so I am making a list of must haves and will head to the grocery store soon. I am in desperate need of a reset and I feel this is the perfect choice. I am continuing on my WW journey as I have had great success but for me this seems like a perfect partner to WW and is solely being used as a reset because I feel it's sooooo easy to choose way too many treats and empty calories in my days just because the 'points' fit. I need out of that mindset. And quick! I do have another question, though. Once you complete W30, do you personally add in any of the non-compliant foods back into your diet on a regular basis or do you mainly stick to W30 foods?! I ask because I am hoping that after these 30 days, I remain as close to clean eating as possible and add in other foods on occasion only, I don't want to revert back to unhealthy habits and poor food choices, if that makes sense. I have a list of W30 compliant food but I was surprised to see chorizo on your plate! Didn't realize that was compliant, I'm sure I don't have the complete list because I also don't see any restaurants listed. Please point me in the right direction for a more complete list if you are aware of one. For now, I will stick with what's on the list and I think I will stay away from restaurants this month, except for maybe Chipotle, since you shared your go-to W30 bowl from there.

I did read that it's against W30 to step on the scale and this also happens to fall perfectly into my plan as I decided a couple of weeks ago that for the next 8 weeks I would still weigh in at my meetings on Tuesday nights but I would not look at the scale or sneak peek my WI book, not until my 18 month WW anniversary on October 7 so this pretty much fits right in with that plan. I know I can do this, I have the discipline and moxie to complete whatever it is I set for myself, it will be challenging I'm sure, especially because I'm a huge snacker but I'm up for the challenge. So thank you again for sharing your experiences on W30 and for answering my millions of questions! :hug:

Your porch looks so adorable! I love the idea of also adding the dried corn and your wreath is adorable! I love using corn, pumpkins, small bales of hay and scarecrows on my mini porch - maybe I'll actually decorate it this year. I have stepped away from my usual love of holiday decorating over the past couple of years because things just aren't the same. :blush:

Jacob's story is so heartbreaking but I hope this brings some peace and closure to the family. :grouphug:

Wishing you a lovely Sunday.

Are we friends on FB? I am terrible at connecting real names with DIS names... If we are, I have a W30 group I can add you to... It's terribly STRICT - but super informative. It's a great resource for me every time I do a W30. :)

Typically - when I finish a W30, I still eat clean... I lean more towards eating in a primal way... I can't quite do Paleo, it's a little too rigid for my lifestyle and how I like to eat. Most people - when they finish, they either do Paleo, or if they can tolerate dairy products, they do Primal... Both are very complimentary to the W30, and an excellent next step. ::yes::

Chorizo is usually just sausage with a bunch of spices... I was able to look at the ingredient list at the local restaurant I went to - and this was A-OK... However, there may be some/many chorizos out there that are not compliant while on W30.

The W30 group on FB has a bunch of lists, not sure if they have restaurant lists or not? When we eat out, while I am on the w30, I try to only eat at Chipotle, because I know it's safe... but if you are able to frequent mom & pop local restaurants, usually they are able to accommodate your requests for using no weird oils or anything. :) Fajitas are always a go-to for me... So are breakfasts... As long as they aren't using weird oils to cook... Josh just rolls his eyes when I order, because it such a lengthy process with many questions. :lmao:

I am glad you have a plan for not weighing... This is especially hard when you are doing WW, as their main focus is weight loss and not really size loss or health - at least that's how it's been in the past... Good luck on this one - I hope they adhere to your requests of not knowing how you are doing. :thumbsup2

Awwwh :hug: I can't imagine how difficult it is for you to decorate... I hope, since it's something you enjoy so much, that it's something that will bring you joy again. :lovestruc

I hope so too - it was such a terrible shock to our community after all of these years. To find him at home - where everyone was looking so hard and praying - it's just a blow to the gut and brings me to tears every time I think about it.

I hope you had a nice holiday weekend. :lovestruc LMK when you get started on your W30... It's always good to have a buddy. ::yes::

D~ I am sad with you. I am a little older than you, but I grew up in Iowa and I remember hearing about Jacob. It breaks my heart that it ended this way, but now maybe his family will get some answers. Thank you for sharing this story :grouphug:

It's so terrible, isn't it. Every time I think about it - it just kills me inside. I know I wasn't much more than a child myself when it happened, but to have him there - under our noses - all of these years... It's just a blow. I am praying for so much healing - not only for his family - but for the community... This one has been so tough, and sadly - I don't think it will get any easier. I am afraid the answers we get may not bring us any peace. :hug:

I remember Jacob and his kidnapping and the kidnapping of other boys. I have a son and their stories always hit me hard. I can't imagine the pain these parents went through. At least there is some closure to Jacob's story, although not the ending everyone hoped for. :(

It is terrible, so terrible. As a child then, and a parent now... It changed everything about us and how we raised our children... Praying for peace for his family to cope and the community to heal, as well. It is going to be a rough thing for everyone, I feel. :lovestruc

Prayers for Jacob's family.

So sorry I've been gone longer than I can remember. Sorry to hear about Lottie.

What a wonderful summer Allison is having! How great that Victoria will have the same opportunity next year. How great that modern tech allows you to keep in touch so easily. I'll have to figure out FaceTime before Lizzy heads off next year.

How great that V knows where she'll be going to college. Her artwork is amazing!

Lizzy know she wants to study atmospheric science but not quite sure where yet. The MA state colleges don't offer it but there are small state school in NH & VT that do & since MA doesn't have it she could go to either of those at close to in state costs. I think they both have good meteorology. She does not want to work in broadcast-more research, government or privat industry. In April we all did a college tour of 3 NY state schools, a small PA state school & Penn State. Her guidance counselor told her Penn State would be a stretch so she didn't even want to go but I insisted because it's one of the best programs in the country. Since then she got her SAT scores which were significantly higher than Penn State ave so she's coming around to the idea of going there. She'll apply & if she gets in they do an overnight accepted student program to help you decide if it's right for you. This summer she did an internship at the Blue Hills Weather Obsevatory-the oldest continually operating observatory in the country. She's really grown up a lot in the last year. I can't believe she'll be a senior.

In June I went to a seminar at the Grand Floridian. It was awesome! It was applying Disneys way of doing business to your work environment and included a few backstage trips. Class was great, other attendees were interesting, service during class (food) was great, & my first stay at Grand was great. I used my DVC points at Grand villas for 2 nights before - really awesome - and 1 night after in studio at Poly-nice but not a favorite.

This July we drove to Newfoundland for a family vacation. It was nice having a 3rd driver as we drove over 3,200 miles. It was great. We saw icebergs, moose, whales and such stunning landscapes. Even all 3 teens appreciated how cool the place was.

Work is still crazy. A coworker went to Disney with me so we are both trying to use what we learned there. I think she's doing a better job than I am at that.

Sorry I was gone so long. I read along when I get a chance & think of you often but really ought to say hello more often!

I love your Mickey & Pluto bag! OK I really love them all but that one is so cute!

Bernadette!!!!! I've been meaning to text you to check in on you and see how you are doing!!!! It's great to see you, my friend! :lovestruc

Yes - modern technology has been amazing through all of this, it's made it all so much easier, for sure.

Thank you - we still need to find her a different college, after her's closed this summer... but we are working on it - at least she knows what she wants to be. ::yes::

Absolutely amazing about Lizzy and her chosen field! I have no doubt that it will be wonderful. Congrats to her! :woohoo: You must be so proud!

I remember you telling me about the seminar at Disney - I am so glad that you were able to go, and put into practice some of their teachings. I am sure it must be difficult at times, but just an excellent learning opportunity! :thumbsup2

And what a fun family vacation - I am sure it was really nice to have an extra driver... I know it's a relief for us - even when we just go to the lake. ::yes::

Thanks so much for stopping by... I've thought of you many times over the months and wonder how you are doing. I was actually just looking at pictures from MVMCP the other day and wondering how you are doing? Please stop by more often, if only to let me know you are OK. ::yes:: Give our love and hellos to the family!!! :hug:

First of all, your bag collection for this trip is awesome. Now, for the coordinating outfits! I can't wait to see what you have planned.

The porch décor is lovely. It looks so cozy and inviting. Good job on the wreath-simple, but perfect. I don't like when they are too busy.

Ok, thank you for posting the sample eating day. It surprisingly looks like a lot of food. I would be afraid of never feeling satisfied with a no grain plan, but it really looks like a lot of food! I pinned the chicken fajita recipe, so I may try that just to see if it is something I can make. I looked on the website and there is a ton of information there. I was also chuckling at the questions and comments section where people are asking "can I have this-can I have that" and the creators are like "do it or don't" if you are going to eat all these little non-compliant things, then you are not doing a whole30. So, I think it is one of those things where, like you said, you really have to do your research and decide you are going to do it full out. Especially the first time, so you know you can do it if you decide to later on for a restart. Your info is really helpful, and I appreciate you taking the time to do it.

Prayers to you and all who were touched by Jacob's story. I had never heard about it, you are the 2nd person I know who has mentioned it. (I had a native MN neighbor in VA who posted the same article on FB) It is sad and terrifying that something like this could happen. It could have been anyone-how does the saying go? "But for the Grace of God, there go I." I will keep his family and yours in my prayers for healing and peace. It reminds me of the book "The Shack" by William P. Young. It totally changed the way I think about God, religion, and why bad things happen that we just can't understand. Anyway, hugs to you.

There isn't much going on here this weekend. It is not a Japanese holiday, so there are no events out in town. There were a few things planned on base, but many of them got cancelled bc of the typhoon warning (luckily turned out to be just a lot of rain). We did hit a sale at he furniture annex on base and got some pretty good deals there. We bought the baby a new crib/toddler bed and E got a new bed- she's not overly fond of it, but all she had was a metal frame & we wanted her to have an actual bed. My Dad is flying out from TN to Ukraine on Monday (eastern time) so we have a facetime date planned with the parents when they wake up, so I am looking forward to that. He goes on a mission trip each year with our home church to a small village where they built a church and a medical clinic there. Anyway, like I said, nothing too exciting. Looking forward to more bag/outfit combos from you in the next few weeks! Take care.

Thank you - I've been working on pulling them together and posting them... I am still waiting on a few accessories to arrive, so I can't post all of them yet, but i am getting there. :)

Thanks - I sure would have liked to add more colorful flowers to that wreath - but I figured, for a first time attempt, it would do OK. ::yes::

The W30 is definitely a huge commitment... Not only financially (real food is expensive!), but emotionally (a person really need to commit to 100%, and it's hard sometimes)... and physically - there are cravings, hard cravings to get past and overcome. It's not an easy thing to do -but I do feel that it's definitely worth doing once in everyone's lifetime. ::yes:: If you decide to do it - Let me know, and I can add you to that W30 FB group... It's super strict, but very informative and helpful. :)

Thank you - Jacob's story touched so many here, I don't think there is a single person that was untouched... Such a sad thing for our community - to not only have to go through this, but to find him here - it was just a blow. I am sure all of us will get more answers in the coming weeks, and I am certain there will be a lot of healing that will need to take place.

It sounds like you had a nice weekend and a productive one, despite the typhoon warning - glad that one turned out OK. How scary though! And how awesome that you get to facetime your family... I just love modern technology for this reason! It sure helps to stay connected when you are so far away! :hug: I hope that you have a good connection and conversation. :lovestruc

I hope you're having a nice week!

Sounds like you have had a lot to do while I was in Spain.

How great that Allison got a DIS meet with April.

I'm so sorry to hear V's Lottie (her hedgehog) died. That's the worst part of having pets. Is she planning on getting a new one?

I had a great time in Spain. We rented a car for a week and drove around Eastern and Northern part of Spain.
After a week we delivered the car back and met the whole family to spend some days in Barcelona together. We went to the La Sagra Familia (Gaudi's church that they have been building for many many years and still are not finished building. They plan to have it finished in 2026. The building process has gone much quicker than they first thought because of all the visitors to the church who pays for entrance and souvenirs)
We also visited Park Güell. I park where Gaudi has a lot of his artwork.
It was too hot in Spain for my liking. It was 86ºF outside during the day. So it was very nice coming back home to 50ºF.

Our flight back home from Barcelona was 2.5 hours delayed. We landed in Oslo 9.15PM and our flight to Tromsø had boarding 9.30PM. We decided to leave our luggage behind and went through customs and new security check in a hurry. When we came to our Tromsø flight gate at 10.15PM they hadn't started boarding yet. 30 seconds later they started boarding and Ulf and I got to board first. When we came to the flight door we saw 2 mechanics working on the floor. So we had to wait a few more minutes until they where done and the crew was ready to get us boarded. We landed in Tromsø a little after midnight. We got a taxi half past midnight and was home at 1AM. Then we called the airport to inform them about our luggage that was still in Oslo. They told us to contact them again this morning to get the luggage to Tromsø. We called the airport this morning and at 10.30AM we got a phone call saying our luggage was at the airport in Tromsø.

Now I just have to get my clothes washed because on Friday Ulf and I are going to a Cerebral Palsy gathering / conference in a little town outside Oslo. I'm really looking forward to this gathering. It's nice to meet people in the same situation and it's nice to exchange experiences and learn about smart aids that I should have. I think NAV dread every time I go on a gathering like this because I often come home and apply for something new from NAV. :laughing:

I haven't heard any news about my new car yet. On Wednesday this week it is 2 weeks since I was at the garage to test my car.

Hi Lillian! Welcome home! :lovestruc

Thank you... Yes - it's very sad about Lottie, but no, she isn't planning to get another hedgehog... Since she graduates this year, and not sure of her moving plans - it's best to not have a pet to take with her. She can always get another one later in life if she chooses. :lovestruc

WOW!!!! Spain sounds wonderful! And you were able to see and do so much! This is great!

I am glad to hear that your flight went OK in the end - and you received your luggage too... I am not sure that would happen here. We are lucky to get our luggage when we travel WITH it.... We'd never leave it behind and even dream of getting it later. LOL

Enjoy your gathering... You made me chuckle out loud when I read that NAV probably dreads you going to this every year. LOL Maybe they do? :scratchin LOL I love that you know what your needs are and what will help you - you are very resourceful! :lovestruc

Fingers crossed for a car update soon!

I am glad you made it home safely and you had a great trip - I've been wondering about you! Thanks for checking in! :hug:

********************************************************************************************************

No huge updates here...

I worked at Target yesterday, so I just didn't have time to do replies.

I am now on day 7 or 8 of my W30... I'll have to go double check. I was having issues not feeling well yesterday... I am almost thinking it's my eggs? I plan to have them for breakfast this morning and if I start feeling sick again - I will be exchanging them at the store. LOL I've never had to exchange eggs before - but I purchased 3 dozen together, and I can't let them go to waste with out having them replaced. Otherwise my W30 is going well... I've been tracking it in MFP - a HUGE no, no... Not for any other reason than that I didn't want to lose my log-in streak... And I was curious. However, I've been really shocked to find out how little I am actually eating, calorie wise... And this doesn't sit well with me at all. Most days - I have to work hard to clear 1000 calories, which means I am having a 4th meal - and even then, I feel like I am eating too little. I am not sure if I should just give up on the tracking and to the program as specified? Or if I should continue to track - against the spirit of the program - and try to eat more. I am not comfortable eating 1000 calories per day - I feel like I am starving myself... Even though I am eating LARGE plates of food. So, that's something I am struggling with right now. Track or not track? :scratchin

I am incredibly tired this morning and feel like i could crawl right back into bed. I might just do that. LOL

Today, I am back at work in my sewing room...

I have my class tonight...

That's about all for me. ::yes::

I hope you all have a wonderful day - lots of Pixie Dust going out to all of you! :lovestruc

D~

I am now on day 7 or 8 of my W30... I'll have to go double check. I was having issues not feeling well yesterday... I am almost thinking it's my eggs? I plan to have them for breakfast this morning and if I start feeling sick again - I will be exchanging them at the store. LOL I've never had to exchange eggs before - but I purchased 3 dozen together, and I can't let them go to waste with out having them replaced. Otherwise my W30 is going well... I've been tracking it in MFP - a HUGE no, no... Not for any other reason than that I didn't want to lose my log-in streak... And I was curious. However, I've been really shocked to find out how little I am actually eating, calorie wise... And this doesn't sit well with me at all. Most days - I have to work hard to clear 1000 calories, which means I am having a 4th meal - and even then, I feel like I am eating too little. I am not sure if I should just give up on the tracking and to the program as specified? Or if I should continue to track - against the spirit of the program - and try to eat more. I am not comfortable eating 1000 calories per day - I feel like I am starving myself... Even though I am eating LARGE plates of food. So, that's something I am struggling with right now. Track or not track?
It is not fun when you don't feel great. I'm pretty sure my daughter and I ate bad eggs for breakfast on sunday. The eggs were expired, but looked fine when we cracked them open. Both of us about 12 hours after eating them, felt our stomach cramping and were very very cold.

If the only reason you are eating more is because you can see the calories in MFP, then i would stop tracking. Listen to your body.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter