~~ They're leaving the nest, sew it's time for a trip - or two - or three...~~ D~'s bag ~9/22 ~~

Hi!!!! Welcome!!! Hahahaha... your post cracked me up... "THOSE houses" LOL... I can totally visualize someone saying that to me. :lmao: That is such a nice area though - close to almost everything. ::yes::

UGH - yes, that commute... Like I said - I don't ever have to do it, and I am thankful for that... Lots of time wasted. Are you bucking the traffic both ways? I guess, at some point, you must be, because when you get to the middle, there's really no place safe from it. ::yes:: But - I will say - sometimes getting up those 12 stairs takes me just as long as if I were to drive in the traffic... LOL Lack of motivation is real.

I love seeing people who are near me here... I agree - I don't think there are many - or there probably are, but not in this section... So, it's fun to catch up and "meet" my neighbors. I hope you'll continue to follow along... And if you ever head over to the MOA or anything - I am always up for doing Dismeets - Let me know. ::yes:: Thanks for introducing yourself. :lovestruc

I do really like my area. I really love the west side of the Cities. All of my family and friends are on that side. Except my work is on the other side. :( We bought the house and then a few months later, I got a new job on the east side. In the morning, I have traffic going in towards Minneapolis and after Minneapolis, it's smooth sailing. What is weird is in the afternoon, I have traffic going going towards Minneapolis AND away from Minneapolis. I take 494 down and around to try and avoid at least some of the traffic but 494 has it's problems too! Especially with the 100 interchange, the airport, and the MOA right there.

I'll let you know if I am ever heading to MOA - I would love to Dismeet! :)

I LOVE the Chip and Dale bag with Donald! I especially like how Dale is looking up at Donald. So cool!!!

Love Chip, Dale & Donald. Yeah, I get that he may be up too high but he looks great above. Food for thought next time: Could you redesign the slip pocket to where the zipper is and the zipper up higher where the slip in is????? That would put donald above still but lower on the bag.

Jane

I say try the bag out and see how you like it, seems like it will work just fine.

So glad A is having a mom connection. So sweet. :lovestruc

Ok!! Tell me more about these sandals?!! I looked them up and they look so comfy! I'm sad they don't make my favorite memory cushion Under Amour anymore so I'm always looking for new recommendations.

Those pics of the house in Italy. Dream. :love:

Hope your Monday was great!

D~

The bags are incredible....as usual!! Glad that Allison is having a Mom moment. I absolutely love my Birkenstocks. They are pricey, but they last a long time!

Great job on the run! Sometimes you just need to go out without tracking etc and just run!

BTW...I'm watching I Miss Downton Abbey on PBS right now. Have you see it??? I miss that show so much!

I see what you mean about the bag. I think as long as you feel you put enough stabilizer under it, it should be fine. You'll just have to be careful how you pack it.

It's so great and inspiring to see you getting out there and running! I think twice a week is great, but I know you enjoy it and wish you could get to it more often.

I am glad V was able to get her sandals and you too! I have had the same pair of sketchers sandals that I bought to wear for WDW in 2010, and I think they've seen their last days, Lol. I, too, had to look up the sandals you mentioned you got for yourself; I've never heard of them. They must be comfy if you keep going back to them.

Wow! The place where Allison is staying looks amazing. I am glad she had a connection with the "mom" there. I know what you are saying about the hugging and comfort. There are just some people who have that comforting, maternal way about them. It has to be a warm feeling that Allison is getting that from someone, even if it can't be you right at the moment.

This is our last slow week before school starts next week. My DH went to Tokyo this morning for a few days for some training. I get more homesick when he is gone because I only have the kids to talk to for now. I think when school starts, I will be able to meet more parents, and it will make things a little easier even if it is just chit chat. We are trying to transition our schedule to waking up earlier, too. Emma's school starts at 7:45 am and she has to be there at 7:30 to line up, so we will have to start walking about 7:10 at the latest. That means getting her up at around 6. For the first week or so, I will probably walk with her, so that means having the baby up and in the stroller by 7 as well. Also, I went on a tour of the base gym on Sunday by myself, so that I could see if there was any way I could go during the day and take the baby with me. Turns out they have a room where there is a gated play area and some cribs set up. You watch your own kids but they are secured away from the equipment so they can't get hurt. I want to try it out, I'm just afraid that if I have to get off the equipment every 5 minutes, it will be more of a hassle than anything. It's worth a try, though. They also have an indoor pool with a baby pool, so that is another activity we can do. I'm pretty excited about having access to the gym- and it's all free!

I hope today is a good day for you!

Ok I totally misunderstood why Donald might be a problem. I know you put a lot of thought into your bag, but I didn't think of the problem that Donald would bend forward and then nobody could see him. I only thought of him being a problem when getting things in and out of the bag. Hopefully he won't bend so people can't see your amazing bag :hug:

Sounds like you enjoy your run. I'm glad you are able to run a few times a week at least since you like it so much.

How great that you could help Josh's dad out by driving his car this summer. And it sounded like it was good timing as well. I'm glad you can get the back tail light fixed on your car now. I don't think the price for the parts you needed for your car was that expensive. But then again I don't know what that kind of stuff costs in the US. Here a lightbulb for the car costs at least $12 or more.

How great that you got the shoes both you and V needs for your WDW trip.

How great that Allison get along so well with family friends of Myrthe's and found a good connection with the mom in the family. It looks nice where Allison took the pictures.

For the past week it has been very warm weather in Tromsø compared to what's normal in the middle of August. We have had 77ºF outside and sunny. Today it's 59ºF outside. Normally it's around 50ºF this time of year.

I managed to get a taxi for Wednesday to the garage. Now I just have to cross my fingers that the taxi arrive as planned.

I agree - LOL That is my hope too. :)

Yes - it's nice to be able to get out there and run once in a while... I wish I had more time and more ambition sometimes. LOL

Everything is good with my car now that the light is fixed, so it's ready for Allison do drive again when she comes home... We just have to remember to put her back on our insurance. ::yes::

Yes - It's nice to have the shoes done too... As we needed time to break them in. :)

I hope so - it seems like she is having a good time.

Glad you are having some nice weather and you were able to order your taxi... Hopefully all goes as planned now and it won't be long until you have your new car parked in your garage. :)

I hope you enjoyed your day today. :lovestruc

I think your new haircut is cute! I go to get my hair cut on Thursday and I'm counting down the minutes. Lol! I desperately need one!

I like the addition of Donald Duck on your bag. It looks like Chip and Dale are looking at him.

I'm glad Allison is happy. I'm a huge hugger, too, and I totally get it! I hope she enjoys her time in Italy.

Thanks... There's definitely something nice about a new hair cut - I hope you enjoy yours as well. ::Yes::

Thanks... That was the goal - and I am glad I achieved it, it's sometimes hard doing things like that and getting them to work out right in the end. ::yes::

Thanks - me too... We are getting towards the end of her trip there, I know she is ready to come home and just to be here. I know she is enjoying her trip too - but I think it could have been a few weeks shorter.

Trying to catch up...

I love your hair cut! It looks fabulous. I also love your new bag and think the addition of Donald is adorable -- such a great idea!

I'm glad Allison is doing better. I know exactly what you mean by her smile not reaching her eyes and needing a "mom connection" -- I've been there with Alyssa before and have been so grateful for the people who have been able to provide that needed connection for her when she is away from me. Speaking of Alyssa, she left to go back to school yesterday. The visit was definitely not long enough, and I realize that she really is an adult now. She'll be 22 this week and this was the first time I've ever stepped back and noticed that she is definitely an adult. It was an odd realization and it shifts the dynamic in our relationship somewhat, but that's ok. The other big development is that she and her boyfriend are very serious and are talking about marriage next summer, so we had a lot of conversations about that. Ack! I'm not ready!

We're working on outfits and such for Brie's senior pictures, too. We had some of them taken already but need to do another session to get the rest. We combined the first part of her senior picture session with a family picture session since we had such limited time while Alyssa was home.

Italy -- *swoon* -- it's on my bucket list! I hope Allison loves it!

Keep up the great progress in your fitness endeavor -- you are so inspiring to me!

Thanks - I am looking forward to carrying it on this trip... I am trying to work out my outfit and my accessories now... I still need to make magic band covers for these outfits - I don't necessarily need them, but sometimes they are fun to have. ::yes::

Yes - it's hard... As a mom, you just want them to be happy... She is just soooo outgoing here at home, there is NO way we could have ever imgained that she would miss us this much... but all will be OK in the end, I am sure of that.

It's sad that your visit wasn't long enough - but I am glad that you were able to get some good time together - it sure looks like you made some wonderful memories together, and that's so important. I hope when my girls are older like that - that they will still want to travel and spend time with me. :lovestruc You are so lucky to have that with your girls! Exciting that there may be a wedding in your future... :lovestruc

That was a good idea to get some family pictures while Alyssa was home... Hopefully you are able to get the rest of Brie's senior pictures done soon.

I hope she does too... She had a big itinerary today - so I am excited to hear how it goes and to see pictures... She's been very quiet on social media - and it's hard for me to stalk her like that. LOL

Thank you - I am working on it... I am making small progress, which is better than no progress at all. ::yes::

I hope you had a great day - BTW... I just adore your gallery wall!!!!

Read this:
Gentle Leader

I really do LOVE the new design of your bag.. i was thinking the same thing?? How will he stay up? Especially after a ride on Splash?!?! LOL...
I do love love the design!!

I am glad Allison is doing well! can't wait for her to get HOME! since your not coming here...

I read it - it makes sense... But my dogs have never even thrown themselves around or anything like that. They sit nicely to put the collar on - without treats or bribes - and they just walk nicely. So, I could see it as a horrible thing if the dog was really rowdy, I dunno. My thought is, with out the gentle leader, I wouldn't be able to walk my dogs at all - they are to strong for me, and they would be dragging me around town - and I mean that in every literal sense there is. I feel badly and I don't know which is worse. Never walking them, or walking them with a gentle leader?

THanks... Well, Don is quite well stabilized... I guess we will see how it works out. I think I am only carrying this bag in Epcot on this trip? So, no need to worry about Splash there...

Me too - I am very excited for her to come home, and now that we've done this, I am even more nervous about V going - it was much more terrible having Allison gone that I even imagined it would be... :( I hope that when it's time for V to do - I can be better about it, but I doubt it, she is my baby. I wish I could come to visit - summer is just getting away from me... Sigh.

I love days like that. I wish I could have more days of "hiding" in my craft room. I think it's good for the soul. (At least for me it is).

I like the bag but I think you're right. Only time will tell if he'll hold up or not. It's definitely cute though.

Hehehe... I have a week coming up where I have nothing on my schedule... I have no idea what I am going to do with it? I had intended to work on trip stuff - but I am getting to the end of that... We'll see? I might actually take a real week off? :scratchin I am honestly not sure I could handle that. LOL

We'll find out, I guess. I am sure it will be a non-issue... And if it is, I can always take him off and make another Donald or modify him to something that will work better. :)

I do really like my area. I really love the west side of the Cities. All of my family and friends are on that side. Except my work is on the other side. :( We bought the house and then a few months later, I got a new job on the east side. In the morning, I have traffic going in towards Minneapolis and after Minneapolis, it's smooth sailing. What is weird is in the afternoon, I have traffic going going towards Minneapolis AND away from Minneapolis. I take 494 down and around to try and avoid at least some of the traffic but 494 has it's problems too! Especially with the 100 interchange, the airport, and the MOA right there.

I'll let you know if I am ever heading to MOA - I would love to Dismeet! :)

I LOVE the Chip and Dale bag with Donald! I especially like how Dale is looking up at Donald. So cool!!!

Sounds like us... We purchased out house, signed the purchase agreement and 2 days later, Josh got transferred... The 15 minute commute he was soooo looking forward to, just turned into an hour... This was 10 years ago, so now his commute is much better, but it's still a pain. 494 is terrible both morning and night... Although - once you get past MOA headed east in the evening, it's not too bad... I always find 494 is the worst right at 35 - I don't care how slow I am going (which I usually am not going very slow) - I am always in the far right lane in that area. LOL

Please do - it would be a lot of fun! ::yes::

Thanks... I tried to get both of them looking at Donald - but I think Chip is a hair off... It's hard to put it all together sometimes so that it all looks right in the end. :)

Love Chip, Dale & Donald. Yeah, I get that he may be up too high but he looks great above. Food for thought next time: Could you redesign the slip pocket to where the zipper is and the zipper up higher where the slip in is????? That would put donald above still but lower on the bag.

Jane

Thanks... I don't feel like he is too high at all - that was kind of the look I was going for, I wanted it to look like he was popping out of the pocket and chasing after them. ::yes::

I could modify the pattern, I suppose, but then his hands would block the zipper and I'd lose the use of that zippered pocket totally. :)

Thanks for the ideas though Jane, maybe next time I can do something different - if there is a next time? LOL

I say try the bag out and see how you like it, seems like it will work just fine.

So glad A is having a mom connection. So sweet.

Ok!! Tell me more about these sandals?!! I looked them up and they look so comfy! I'm sad they don't make my favorite memory cushion Under Amour anymore so I'm always looking for new recommendations.

Those pics of the house in Italy. Dream. :

Hope your Monday was great!

That is the plan... I am sure it will be just fine. It's not as if I carry these bags on a daily basis... Usually it's one day - if that.

Which one's the Vionics or the Birkenstocks? The Vionics take some time to get used to - as they have an orthotic foot bed... The manufacturer recommends that a person wear them for no more than an hour each day for several days - while your feet get used to them... Some people never do get used to them and don't like them at all. Personally - I love them and cannot wear other shoes for long - these are my daily "house shoes" in the winter and they really never come off of my feet for spring/summer/fall. I do love V's Birkenstocks too - they also have an orthotic foot bed, but it's different than the Vionics - I don't like it nearly as much, but many people do. ::yes::

I know - Italy looks amazing! I Hope that one day I can visit there too. :lovestruc

Thanks - it was interesting. LOL

D~

The bags are incredible....as usual!! Glad that Allison is having a Mom moment. I absolutely love my Birkenstocks. They are pricey, but they last a long time!

Great job on the run! Sometimes you just need to go out without tracking etc and just run!

BTW...I'm watching I Miss Downton Abbey on PBS right now. Have you see it??? I miss that show so much!

Thanks!

Me too - hopefully it's enough to get her through.

Hopefully V's last a long time, I know that Allison loves her's and wears them all the time.

Yes - it was a nice run... So glad I was able to get out there. ::yes::

UGH!!! I missed it - but I did run upstairs and recorded it - it's not airing again until Sunday though, so I'll have to wait. Thanks for the head's up! :lovestruc

I see what you mean about the bag. I think as long as you feel you put enough stabilizer under it, it should be fine. You'll just have to be careful how you pack it.

It's so great and inspiring to see you getting out there and running! I think twice a week is great, but I know you enjoy it and wish you could get to it more often.

I am glad V was able to get her sandals and you too! I have had the same pair of sketchers sandals that I bought to wear for WDW in 2010, and I think they've seen their last days, Lol. I, too, had to look up the sandals you mentioned you got for yourself; I've never heard of them. They must be comfy if you keep going back to them.

Wow! The place where Allison is staying looks amazing. I am glad she had a connection with the "mom" there. I know what you are saying about the hugging and comfort. There are just some people who have that comforting, maternal way about them. It has to be a warm feeling that Allison is getting that from someone, even if it can't be you right at the moment.

This is our last slow week before school starts next week. My DH went to Tokyo this morning for a few days for some training. I get more homesick when he is gone because I only have the kids to talk to for now. I think when school starts, I will be able to meet more parents, and it will make things a little easier even if it is just chit chat. We are trying to transition our schedule to waking up earlier, too. Emma's school starts at 7:45 am and she has to be there at 7:30 to line up, so we will have to start walking about 7:10 at the latest. That means getting her up at around 6. For the first week or so, I will probably walk with her, so that means having the baby up and in the stroller by 7 as well. Also, I went on a tour of the base gym on Sunday by myself, so that I could see if there was any way I could go during the day and take the baby with me. Turns out they have a room where there is a gated play area and some cribs set up. You watch your own kids but they are secured away from the equipment so they can't get hurt. I want to try it out, I'm just afraid that if I have to get off the equipment every 5 minutes, it will be more of a hassle than anything. It's worth a try, though. They also have an indoor pool with a baby pool, so that is another activity we can do. I'm pretty excited about having access to the gym- and it's all free!

I hope today is a good day for you!

Thanks! Yes - I am sure it will be fine... I don't pack much in my park bags these days... My phone, my wallet, some lip gloss and a spare battery to charge my phone - so I am sure it will be a non-issue. ::yes::

Yes - I do wish I could get out there more often... I will get there eventually. I hope. LOL

Definitely - after 6 years, that's a good run for sandals - hopefully you are able to find some soon that fit what you like. :) Mine are comfy... but they do take some getting used to - due to the incredibly high arch/low heel cup - they are excellent for plantar fascitis, and totally healed mine - and I firmly believe it keeps it at bay too. It's only in the last 2 years or so, that I've been able to go back to wearing cheap shoes on occasion - by cheap shoes, I mean, shoes with out support - that doesn't always mean "cheap". LOL My Vionics are typically $65... but I was able to get them on sale the other day for $50 - which is a good price... I like these because I can get them wet without a problem, and they are very durable. I wear them for 2 years, and then I retire them - I still keep my old ones around though, because there is usually nothing wrong with them when I retire them - other than they are a little beat up. ::yes::

I hope she was able to get that connection - I am still not sure about it, but even getting a change of scenery will be good for her, I think. I hope it propels her through these last few weeks. Exactly... I dunno - at this point, I just hope she is able to get it from somewhere. We are starting to plan out her return day, so we can all be there to pick her up from the airport... I think she will be very excited to get home... I need to find out what she wants her first meal to be. :scratchin

It sounds like your first few days of school will be hectic - but it seems like you have a good plan in place. ::yes:: And i hope you are able to make the gym work out - having that available for free is an awesome thing! I sure hope it works!

Thank you - I hope your day was great too!

***************************************************************************************************

OK - so yesterday was interesting...

I actually did Level 1 of my 30 Day Shred - I haven't done that one in a LONG time... Probably over a year? :scratchin I should have taped my knee - I forgot how much jumping there is... My knees are pretty sore this morning - nothing I can't live with, but I can definitely tell they got a work out yesterday.

I worked upstairs all day, and I was able to get done what I needed to. ::yes::

After - V and I went to town... She needed to fix her hair cut from the other day. She likes it much better now.

Then all of the excitement happened...

I was sitting here at the computer - which I don't usually do at that time of day - but I was trying to organize some of the plans for our trip... All of a sudden I heard a crack... Then a big thud... Then our power spiked... Then it was gone. Kind of scared me.

I went outside to find several guys in my yard (the neighbors were having concrete poured - so all these guys came over)... One of the tops of our trees came down (it was windy yesterday) and it landed directly on the power line that runs into our house... Completely pulling it off of our house... Yah... Just what we needed. Sigh.

20160822_163200.jpg

20160822_163319_HDR.jpg

20160822_165320.jpg

V was in the process of making dinner - which was super nice and rare... So, we had to pack it up and put it in our non-working fridge. I tried to call Josh, but he was en-route home from work and doesn't typically answer his phone when he is driving. I wasn't sure what do to - because it was getting to be the time of day when businesses were closing.... One of my neighbors did call my electric company for me, and they were sending someone to cut the tree off of the line... But I wasn't sure how we were going to get the electricity hooked back up to the house - if the lines were pulled out of our box?

Anyways... Josh came home... We all hung out for a while, waiting for the electric company to come. Josh sent V and I to town - to her work - and she made dinner for us there (we paid for it, of course)...

Snapchat-1414641238482664597.jpg

Snapchat-4539330776939608178.jpg

Snapchat-5237761534650044551.jpg

V makes one killer pizza!

Josh called during that time - said power was back on. :woohoo: When we got home, he told us that the electric company was able to reattach the power to the house - it never came out of our meter - so we were lucky. But when the tree fell, it did blow a transformer - so that is why we lost power, if that wouldn't have happened, we would have had power the entire time. So, we were lucky. It didn't cost us anything. We do have a lot of clean up to do though.

20160822_185019_HDR.jpg

20160822_185005.jpg

So, then we resumed our night - watching another Harry Potter movie (#3)...

Today... I will be heavy lifting shortly.

Then I will be working all day on my custom order.

I have my meeting tonight.

That's about all.

I hope you all have a great day - sending Pixie Dust out to all of you! :lovestruc

D~

Wow, I'm glad you got the power back on. We've had tree fall on our yard but never had them pull the power lines out of the house. My mom had a garbage truck pull the power line from her house along with the siding. It was a big mess because the city blamed the power company. The power company blamed the garbage hauler. Eventually someone did pay.e
I did misunderstand about the bag as long as there's enough stabilizer it should be fine.
I'm glad Allison is enjoying her visit to Italy.
Sunday was fun. We hiked along the old Ohio and Erie canal near where my daughter works. After that we went to downtown Cleveland by the Rock Hall and science center, We got some pictures of the lighthouses at the river mouth. While we were there, there was a waterspout and wee tried take pictures of that. There were people running all over trying to see that.
Today I'm having lunch with one of my closest friends. Her husband is the one that got my daughter her job. It'll be a nice break from work. Unfortunately I have to go back after that.
Have a good day
Liz

Love the hair cut. The Don bag is just adorable. I hope it works out for you and that you continue to use it.

Cooper is definitely a big boy. He certainly has grown into a beautiful boy.

Allison is looking great. So glad the smile is back in her eyes.

Ugh, on the tree and electric. So lucky the tree didn't fall on the house and that no one got hurt.

Well, I dropped my daughter off at college. It was not easy leaving her behind. Thank goodness for skype/facetime.

I'm so glad your power was restored and that the tree didn't fall on the house! It made me laugh that V still ended up making dinner for you...except that she didn't make it at your house. LOL But it was a sweet thing for her to do.

I had a completely unproductive day yesterday....had to come back to work after having almost two weeks off and spent most of the day sorting through all of the e-mails that piled up in my absence and trying not to fall asleep because I stayed up so late the night before waiting to hear from Alyssa during her layovers and then that she had landed in Utah....so I only had a few hours of sleep. I was exhausted! And my health problems flared up yesterday afternoon which is always very exhausting, so by the time I got home from work I was done. I crashed on our oversized beanbag and stayed there until I finally had the energy to go up the stairs and get ready for bed at 8:15. LOL My productive husband, though, assembled another storage shelf and made more progress organizing our utility/storage room. Yea!

Thanks for the kind comment on my gallery wall. I'm really happy with how it turned out, although now I'm wishing we had spaced it out more in the width, so at some point I may try to talk my husband into helping me spread it out more....

I'm a bit concerned about the rest of Brie's senior pictures. My friend who is taking them is moving out of state on rather short notice (her husband got a new job and they need him there very quickly) so we're hoping she has time to take and edit the pictures before she leaves. My fingers are crossed....otherwise I need to find a new photographer who has reasonable prices!

Never walking them, or walking them with a gentle leader?

i know of a GREAT obedience instructor.

guess we will see how it works out. I think I am only carrying this bag in Epcot on this trip? So, no need to worry about Splash there...

Ok well then you have to stay away from the dancing water fountains....

I can be better about it, but I doubt it, she is my baby.

Nope.. Never be good at this.. As a parent you will ALWAYS ALWAYS worry!!!

I wish I could come to visit - summer is just getting away from me... Sigh.

What summer...
Still trying to get tess here.

Completely pulling it off of our house...

HOLY COW! If it was going to happen i am glad it happened during the day! Working hours day.. Thank goodness!

V makes one killer pizza!

This is excellent. i didn't know she was working at a Pizza place!

I have my meeting tonight.

I thought you quit this??? God am i off.

I can't believe the tree fell down over your power to the house. I'm so glad to hear it was a relative easy fix and that you now have your power back and it didn't cost you anything :woohoo: I'm so glad all the power in Tromsø goes through the ground so we don't loose power that often.

How great that V was able to make you all dinner at her work.

On Sunday night I decided I wanted to do another attempt on finding a choir in Tromsø I can start to sing in. I tried to find a choir in Tromsø I could start in some years ago, but back then I didn't find any choir I wanted to join. On Sunday I managed to find some choirs that I didn't find the last time I search for choirs. One of the choirs had a blog which I visited and then I found out that they have one member in the choir in a wheelchair. That made me think that they will accept me using a wheelchair more easy than a choir that haven't had wheelchair users before. I also thought that since they have a wheelchair user in the choir they must have their rehearsal room somewhere a wheelchair can access and they must have their concerts somewhere a wheelchair can easily access. I also found out that they were looking for new members one year ago. So maybe they still are looking for people. I contacted the conductor and asked if it was possible to start in the choir. I didn't mention my wheelchair because I know people often get uncertain when I mention my wheelchair without them meeting me first. I got a positive e-mail back saying I was welcome to join the choir. I will go on my first choir practice when I come back from Spain.
I guess this means I should start to play the piano again. I haven't played the piano since my piano teacher died (she was a very old lady) 10 years ago even when I have a piano in my living room.

Thanks - me too... We are getting towards the end of her trip there, I know she is ready to come home and just to be here. I know she is enjoying her trip too - but I think it could have been a few weeks shorter.
It is a long time to be away from her stuff. Has she ever been away from home for any length of time before? I remember when I went away to college I really missed my room at home, especially my bed. It is hard to be somewhere new. But it appears as if she is trying her hardest to enjoy the trip anyway. :)

I am very excited for her to come home, and now that we've done this, I am even more nervous about V going - it was much more terrible having Allison gone that I even imagined it would be... :( I hope that when it's time for V to do - I can be better about it, but I doubt it, she is my baby.
Has Victoria said anything about planning her trip differently than Allison's trip?

Josh called during that time - said power was back on. :woohoo: When we got home, he told us that the electric company was able to reattach the power to the house - it never came out of our meter - so we were lucky. But when the tree fell, it did blow a transformer - so that is why we lost power, if that wouldn't have happened, we would have had power the entire time. So, we were lucky. It didn't cost us anything. We do have a lot of clean up to do though.
I glad that you didn't have to pay anything. That was lucky. We had a sewer blockage that turned out to be a break in the pipe in the street. The village paid for everything, which was lucky, since a break or blockage in our yard would have been thousands of dollars to repair.

Will you be able to handle the tree cleanup without calling in a contractor?

Victoria's pizza looks delicious. It is nice and cheesy, the way a pizza should be. :)

I think the way I typed it was wonky. I thought you were thinking he would get in the way or flop over because he was higher than the top of the bag. He completely needs to be above with the expressions ;)
Jane

I'm so glad the limbs didn't do more damage to your power lines or fall on the house, especially after all the work you just put into it! That pizza looks yum, so kind of a bonus compensation for having dinner interrupted, I guess, Lol!

Yay for HP marathon week!! My family loves those books and movies. My husband and I have read the whole series multiple times. I am trying to encourage my daughter to start on reading it. She does not really like to read, so we are trying to find something that already interests her that might encourage her to stick with it. She does love the movies, though. Have a great day!

Thanks for the vionics info!

Well you sure did have an interesting day. Glad everyone safe at least and no cost to you.

Maybe I missed it but what's your Tuesday meeting?! Only if you care to share! I have my WW meeting every Tuesday night.

Have a lovely evening!

Have you heard from Allison? I just read that there was an earthquake in central Italy. Praying for you and her both right now.

Sorry that I don't have time for replies this morning... It's been a little crazy answering messages here and on Facebook.

Thank you to all of you who sent us messages this morning - I had no idea that anything happened, until I woke to a text from Allison saying she was OK. I've worried about a lot during the course of this trip - but a natural disaster never even crossed my mind. I guess - now I will add all of that to my list of worries for her...

Screenshot_2016-08-24-05-02-34.png

Screenshot_2016-08-24-05-02-46.png

Screenshot_2016-08-24-05-02-55.png

Again - thank you all for your care and concern for her, it means a lot to me. :lovestruc

D~

WHEW....I just read about that earthquake and had to check in on your girl here as well. What a CRAZY time she has had out there and I cannot imagine what you've had to go through worrying about all of these things! So glad she's safe and hopefully she'll be home soon...where you just have to worry about her in her own country!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter