• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

They're back

They were SO BAD when we were there in September a few years ago. We were seriously dodging them, especially at the water parks.

Small flying insect that comes out in large quantities twice a year May and September. They don’t bight and like the exhaust from cars so hang out by highways. They make a mess of your car.
What's a love bug? Looks like a pinchy bug to me!

And they can eat the paint off your car if they are not washed of ASAP..if you can get them off without scratching the finish of the car.

They were horrible last weekend when we boarded the Fantasy. My son was totally grossed out because they were all over the pool deck.

I'm from SE Texas originally, loads of love bugs there. I had no idea there was any sort of myth around where they came from. For those that don't know, they are "love" bugs because the adults fly around while mating. They do indeed hover over roadways, making a huge mess on your car and windshield. There's been times I've had to stop every 10-15 miles and get out and wash my windshield so I can see to drive.

So, we are cruising in two weeks from today. Any guesses if the love bugs will be on their way out?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter