• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

They would have to pay me $ to eat at...

Garden Grill. The food was just nasty, the wait staff not attentive and the character interaction was minimal at best. Really, the food was the worst part of it though.

Interesting. The only table service restaurant place I would not go to again was 50's Prime Time, because the food is sooo greasy. But the entertainment is good enough that I'd settle for a member of my party paying for my meal. Disney does not need to shell out the dough :-)

As for counter service, I despised ABC Commissary. Restaurantosaurus was also kind of disgusting, and the service was awful to boot.

San Angel Inn. Went there twice. The decor is beautiful, but, the food I ordered was nasty. One time ordered the taco salad, another time ordered an item no longer on the menu, a chicken mole dish. Ordinarily, I like Mexican/Cuban/Caribbean/Spanish food. I make it at home. My family is hispanic. This food was virtually inedible. The meat was dry. Every so often, I think about giving it another try, but, the experience was by far the worst I've had.

The restaurant is also so crowded that waiters/other diners, kept bumping our chairs, and I can see why--no where to move to take a restroom break.

Tangierine Cafe......BLECH! :scared:
Dry shoe leather meat and I just hated the flavors as well.
:sick:
Also, pizza from Toy Story Pizza Planet in DHS
:scared1:

That boat at DTD... Couldn't stand it! It was awful!

and Ohana Character breakfast.. the characters were in such a rush!

:thumbsup2 I feel the same way - read this thread completely and can't believe all the negative feelings about the food and restaurants. Two of our favorites keep cropping up on the "terrible" list - Ohanas and Crystal Palace. We have eaten at those almost every trip, some more than once and have never had a bad meal or experience. Maybe our reservations will be a little easier to get for our trip in early Dec. :lmao: There sure are a lot of people that almost kill themselves for ressies ;) for them to be so terrible :eek: We can always find food we like no matter which restaurant we eat at - have never complained at any of them. Life's too short to spend it complaining :sad2:

I sure don't see it as complaining, I see it as reporting. My family of four spends well over a $100.00 (usually closer to $150) every time we we sit down for a meal at WDW, it is nice to get information from the "regulars" which restaurants excel and which ones don't. There are definitely trends appearing on this thread.

For me, I would go to all the restaurants if they comped my meal EXCEPT Crystal Palace. And there I would go for FREE if I could get into the park before opening and then skip my meal! :)

Otherwise, i wouldn't go there during the middle of the day for Lunch for or Dinner for anything less than $200.00 (that would be enough for me to leave and go pay for another dinner somewhere else that I would enjoy.)

The reasons: Buffet, not good food, too many little hands in all the food at the food counter, Noisy, Character's marching around causing lots of commotion, frazzled looking servers (who can blame them), and less than ideal theming.

I sure don't see it as complaining, I see it as reporting. My family of four spends well over a $100.00 (usually closer to $150) every time we we sit down for a meal at WDW, it is nice to get information from the "regulars" which restaurants excel and which ones don't. There are definitely trends appearing on this thread.

For me, I would go to all the restaurants if they comped my meal EXCEPT Crystal Palace. And there I would go for FREE if I could get into the park before opening and then skip my meal! :)

Otherwise, i wouldn't go there during the middle of the day for Lunch for or Dinner for anything less than $200.00 (that would be enough for me to leave and go pay for another dinner somewhere else that I would enjoy.)

The reasons: Buffet, not good food, too many little hands in all the food at the food counter, Noisy, Character's marching around causing lots of commotion, frazzled looking servers (who can blame them), and less than ideal theming.

Thanks for this post, it definitely helps quantify your feelings and puts things into perspective!

Great points on CP. We have never done lunch or dinner but don't mind CP as much for breakfast bc 1) early entry to MK and 2) made-to-order foods like pancakes and omelettes.

As an aside, does CP offer made-to-order choices at lunch/dinner?

Akershus, but not for the food, for the princesses. It used to be my favorite place before it turned into a kids' meal.

You'd have to pay me at least $20 to go in there now.

This, and also ABC Commissary for the crappy food.

Sci fi- YUCK!!
love the setting but food was NASTY!

Chef mickeys- food was ok service was HORRID!!

1900 park fare dinner- Food as good, characters were bad and the service was even worse!!

I have a few places:

Tony's
Rose & Crown
Garden Grill
Crystal Palace
Tusker House
Hollywood & Vine
ABC Commissary

Even if Disney PAID me to eat at these places, I wouldn't take them up on it. :crazy2:

I've honestly never had a bad meal at wdw. Some are obviously better than others but none that were downright horrible.

Same with us. We've had some meals that were not as good as others but we've never left a Disney restaurant hungry. Our food has always been edible and mostly has been very good.

There's nowhere that we wouldn't try again but we'd be less inclined to book:

1900 Park Fayre- tried breakfast here and just really didn't like the atmosphere.

Mama Melrose- LONG wait for our ADR in an overcrowded room, poor service and bad food.

We had an awful time at Hollywood & Vine in 2007 but we're going back this year to give it another chance.

There's only one place that I'd have to be paid to eat at again is Pizza Planet at MGM (yes, I know it's called HS now, but I refuse to use it... LoL!). It was nasty, beyond nasty. There was no difference between a cheapo frozen pizza you get at a grocery store and the pizza we got. In all the years that I've done Disney, at all the places I've hit, I'd never, ever, ever eat there ever again. Our awful experience was in 1999, and while I know it's probably changed and may have gotten better... But it was so gross that I refuse, REFUSE to try it again when I know there are 100 other places that we like more that are less than 20 minutes away.

QUOTE]

I agree. The only truly bad meal I've ever had at Disney was at Pizza Planet in 2006.

ABC COMM. (Disgusting)

SCI-FI (Yech)

CRYSTAL PALACE (Dinner used to be good, with prime rib, etc. Now
they serve some kind of cheap, tasteless beef instead. The rest of the food wasn't
up to par either. Disappointing!)

LTT - DINNER (Stouffer's dressing and mac & cheese - blech!)

T-Rex and Casey's for us. Casey's mainly for the limited options and the nachos were awful.

CRYSTAL PALACE (Dinner used to be good, with prime rib, etc. Now
they serve some kind of cheap, tasteless beef instead. The rest of the food wasn't
up to par either. Disappointing!)

Hmmm...granted it's been years since i was at crystal palace for lunch or dinner...and i know how shoddy the buffets can be...

but i just looked at the menu...april 2012 revision...and it is one of the more interesting ones i've ever scene

The do have the prime rib on it....adobo pork...and the chile rubbed salmon - which i've had similar and if the salmon is good...is fantastic.

and i think salmon is so overplayed at WDW they should fill in "loch dart" with concrete to prevent them from keeping it on the menu.

a nice selection of veggies/ sides too

the also have key lime pie (which should be mandatory on all menus south of the south carolina border) and red velvet cheesecake...

looks pretty good...we're supposed to go in august and we'll see if it plays

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter