• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

They Should Really Put a Bar in Here - Closing Thoughts - 4/1

Ugh, what a horrible night! I hope things get better soon.

Jill in CO

:welcome: :drinking1

:drinking1

:headache::headache::headache: This trip is certainly NOT off on the right foot (well, except the adorable pictures at Chef Mickey's). I hope the morning looks better all the way around.
It was a less than ideal first evening, but thankfully we haven't even been to a park yet, so things can only get better! :thumbsup2

Nothing good happens that late at night.
:sad2:

From now on, you're taking Fed with you on your trips.
That seems like a good idea, but then that means I'd have to behave too. :confused3 :lmao:

I guess he made a wrong assumption. You know what happens when you assume. :rolleyes1
He sure did a good job of that. :rotfl2:

Worse? How can things get any worse?! Take a look around you, Ellen! We're at the threshold of he--!
We're going to have the happ happ happiest vacation since Bing Crosby tap danced with Danny &#@%&^* Kaye!

I haven't watched that movie yet this year. I really need to remedy that situation. :lmao:

As you pointed out, I’m a bit behind here, so we’ll start off with the broken doors episode…
Well, that is your usual position. :rotfl:

I do not miss those days.
Every outing to anywhere was like getting ready for extended deep-sea diving.
It almost felt like we were stocking a bunker for the apocalypse instead of a hotel room for a week.

And the rest of the guests appreciated that fact I’m sure.
I could have cared less about that at that point in time! :rotfl2:

Mark should have your luck (or more rather, his kids should)
His kids got a surprise trip to Disney World. If that ain't good luck, I don't know what is!

Very :lmao:
I’ll have to check that against our pictures form 2010 to see if I need bother trying to see and “upgrades” that may be forthcoming in any future trips down there.
Cool! Post it here so we can see if the mysterious lighted shrub was there in 2010 and just took a year off! :lmao::rotfl2:

You have a daughter…
You’re just getting a small glimpse of the future that it to befall you.
She ain't leaving the house looking like that. :lmao::rotfl2::rotfl:

Yep… that’s a lesson I’ve learned in the past. I’m always early if I can help it, but early for an ADR still means that you’ll be waiting every minute of the time that was originally scheduled.
:confused3 I didn't care about waiting, I just didn't understand why I couldn't just check in when there wasn't a line, instead of having to come back when it was packed?

Frustrating…
Still better then the outcome of being late though (not that much if it’s a popular location, but still)
Late isn't too big of a deal. :rolleyes1

Sorry to hear about the camera troubles…
Sorry for the crappy pictures.

…but the pictures you did get were excellent.
Well, the moments themselves were excellent, but the picture does let the rest of us try to be there with you.
Believe me, you're seeing the very few decent ones. :rotfl2:

::yes::
Yep… that’s good one.

A mighty good one.
I seem to think so!

Pretty girls always steal the show.
(It’s best that he learn that lesson early. :lmao: )
Good point

That pretty much defines the word “buffet”
That's my take on it.

Let me say up front that whatever it is that will be busting down your door in the next couple of hours here…

It wasn’t part of my master plan to make you miserable.
You must have more then one nemeses.
Well, you were my first guess, but the boy really didn't look like Max, so I figured that ruled you out.

Welcome to the happiest place on earth.
Happiest, noisies... same difference.

Well…
If you could get rid of the rest of the guests that is.
That would be amazing!!!!

Yah… you ain’t having a good run of luck at all.
Not yet. We'll see if the MK can't remedy that though.

I have a feeling that the sunrise will bring better times.
That’s the story I’m going with here at least.
Indeed.

Now go back to bed.
Couldn't hear you. I was asleep.

Ugh, what a horrible night! I hope things get better soon.

Jill in CO
Well, the good thing is, we had a lot to look forward to and things just about had to start getting better!!!

Well, that is your usual position. :rotfl:

Not when were discussing something important…

His kids got a surprise trip to Disney World. If that ain't good luck, I don't know what is!

That’s a good point.

Yo… Mark!
You want to adopt a few of us before your next great adventure?

Cool! Post it here so we can see if the mysterious lighted shrub was there in 2010 and just took a year off! :lmao::rotfl2:

Hummmmmmmm...

D1-072.jpg

D1-073.jpg

D1-082.jpg

And here’s how you saw it…

6837332823_5ff043cfd5.jpg

8280850163_2974d26014.jpg

Looks oddly familiar somehow, don’t it?
:lmao:

She ain't leaving the house looking like that. :lmao::rotfl2::rotfl:

So far as you know :rotfl2:

Late isn't too big of a deal. :rolleyes1

Like I said…
It’s a matter of just how important something really is.

Well, you were my first guess, but the boy really didn't look like Max, so I figured that ruled you out.

Naaaaa…
He wouldn’t have been locked out or gotten himself lost like that.
Max is considerably smarter then I am.

If you do this daddy thing correctly, you’ll be able to say the same about your young’ens a few years down the road.

I'm about to post the plans for the next great adventure. I'd need about 8 more mortgages if I adopted you guys to go along. :faint:

But I like peanut butter and cheeseballs…

Really!
:lmao:

And… and… and…
I could sit in the back of the van with all the luggage like Barry does…
and… and… and…
I really wouldn’t take up all that much more room…

:rotfl2:

Oh no! I sure hope that the rest of the trip improved!
It has to!!!! :rotfl2:

That’s a good point.

Yo… Mark!
You want to adopt a few of us before your next great adventure?
Sounds like a good idea to me!

Hummmmmmmm...

D1-072.jpg
Looks like the greenery at the corner was there in 2010 but took a leave of absence last year. Can't tell if it was lit back then from your picture thoug. I'm glad we solved that big mystery! :rotfl2::rotfl::lmao:

Naaaaa…
He wouldn’t have been locked out or gotten himself lost like that.
Max is considerably smarter then I am.
Oh, I know Max is smarter and more civilized than that. My point was more that I needed to make sure it didn't look like him, because I wouldn't put it past you to put him up to it. :rotfl2::rotfl::lmao:

I'm about to post the plans for the next great adventure. I'd need about 8 more mortgages if I adopted you guys to go along. :faint:
Yeah... I fail to see the problem here. :confused3

And… and… and…
I could sit in the back of the van with all the luggage like Barry does…
and… and… and…
I really wouldn’t take up all that much more room…

:rotfl2:
I think you'd have to fit IN the luggage to stowaway for that trip.

:lmao: :rotfl2: :rotfl: :happytv:

That made my day....
I'm glad I could help. :thumbsup2 :rotfl::lmao::rotfl2:

Oh, I know Max is smarter and more civilized than that. My point was more that I needed to make sure it didn't look like him, because I wouldn't put it past you to put him up to it. :rotfl2::rotfl::lmao:

I’d have put a random individual up to it instead to cover my tracks.

I think you'd have to fit IN the luggage to stowaway for that trip.

And cover the bag fees! :scared1:

Yah…
That’s a bit of logistics that I’m probably not going to be able to get around…

shucks-1017.gif

And cover the bag fees! :scared1:

Yah…
That’s a bit of logistics that I’m probably not going to be able to get around…

shucks-1017.gif

Well, there is one solution to both Rob's stowaway issue and something that might help The Budget Committee save some money on island to island flights.

Borrow Barry's van! :thumbsup2

I'm sure with all the after market upgrades, it can be driven to Hawaii. That would save money on the flights between islands as well. The Mysterious Benefactor can come to your rescue once again, Mark!!! :rotfl2::rotfl::lmao:

Good Morning!

Sunday, Dec 2 – A more reasonable time of morning

My alarm went off at 6:30 am. It felt like I had just gotten back into bed after our midnight excitement, but knowing what the day had in store, I wasn’t the least bit tempted to hit the snooze. I woke up and got myself ready to go and then woke DW up. I headed off to Café Rix to fill our mugs and get a couple of blueberry muffins for breakfast. We brought some cereal and milk with us and DS had that for breakfast every day.

We all got ready to go and we were out the door by 8:00 am. We met up with the rest of our group and decided to take the bus since we were heading to the MK. We had planned to drive to the parks most of the week, but just thought that we’d try the bus out with the stroller going to MK, just to see if it was worth it to save a little bit of wasted time at the TTC.

Our planning worked out, and no construction barges got in our way this time. We saw the opening ceremony. We were off to the side, and had to look around a tree, so it wasn’t a great view, but we saw it none the less. DS was a little impatient waiting for it to start, but once he saw the train roll in and identified Pluto he started to get excited. Almost as excited as I was.

8293356819_a7f9bde163.jpg

8294410178_d0f6894d72.jpg

As they allowed us to enter the park, I took the backpack and headed off to Tomorrowland to get Fast Passes for Space Mountain. Everyone else was headed to Fantasyland, because DS had been telling us he was “cited to ride Dumbo” so there was no question that it would be our first ride.

It was a beautiful morning and I was in a great mood. I had FP’s in hand and was still whistling the music from the opening ceremony as I walked through Tomorrowland and over to the Storybook Circus area. I didn’t really rush to get the FP’s because I was enjoying just being in the park. I snapped a couple of pictures as I passed the Speedway and approached the Tea Cups. It was my first glimpse of the new construction for the yet to be completed parts of Fantasyland.

8287600091_40964edc8e.jpg

8287601589_c575dc210d.jpg

I also took this one. Not very good detail in the picture, but I like how they make the walkways look kind of like hardened mud with tracks from the circus coming to town. Complete with animal tracks and discarded peanuts!

8287602743_c96f0ab7e1.jpg

I was sure by the time I got there that were already in line to ride. I looked all around the Dumbo stroller parking and didn’t see our stroller. I then went and looked around the stroller parking area by Barnstormer and didn’t see it there either. I walked back over to the Teacups and looked in the direction of Pooh and saw them all heading towards me. DW said she forgot they moved Dumbo and couldn’t find it. They ended up having to ask a CM. Oops, should have thought to remind them.

We parked the stroller and headed into try out the new Double Dumbo. DD’s first ever ride was with Dad.
8287617187_dba5690543.jpg

We decided to ride a second time while the line was short, so DW got a chance to ride with DD as well.

Our first ride was on the Dumbo closest to Barnstormer. While we were in line, I was pointing out the rollercoaster to DS and talking it up. He didn’t look too sure about it, but after the second ride on Dumbo we took him over to it. I told him it was Goofy’s air plane and pointed out some of the sight gags as we walked through the queue. We walked right on to a half empty coaster and he ended up getting in without having any kind of a last second freak out. I think he ejoyed it once it was said and done...

8288663954_b7f8068e29.jpg

We got back to the station and there was nobody waiting, so we asked if we could ride again. They let us, so DS got to ride with me the second time around. He yelled and screamed and laughed and was yelling for it to go faster! When he gets about a foot taller, he’s going to be my coaster buddy.

We got finished there and decided to hit Peter Pan before the lines got long. I really thought DS would love this one, because he’s familiar with, and loves, Peter Pan and Hook from Jake and the Neverland Pirates. He did fine through the ride, but didn’t really show any excitement and actually held his hands over his ears for most of it.

I checked the Lines app to see how long the line for Under the Sea was and it was already over 30 min. Our FP window for Space Mountain was open, so we grabbed some Mermaid FPs and headed back over to Tomorrowland. We stopped at the restrooms by Mickey’s Star Traders to change diapers, and found a nice shaded table. Mom and Dad weren’t riding SM with us, so it was a good place for them to sit with the kids and give DD a bottle. I was helping get DD’s bottle ready, and noticed Mom, DS and my sisters had disappeared. I looked around and noticed that they were standing by a few other people looking at something.

Hey, it is a Disney first!!! I’ve never seen this guy before!!!

8287606965_38fdc8f93f.jpg

We watched for a bit, before DW, my sisters and I decided to leave Mom and DS there to watch while we rode SM. As we were walking, Sis2 was talking about how cool and impressive that was. She said she knows that it isn’t real, but couldn’t figure out how they did it. I looked at her and asked her if she was being serious. She was, so I asked her if she noticed the guy following it around talking to his hand…

8287611219_163f9da781.jpg

I know it probably wasn’t very nice, but from the angle we were standing it was so obvious that I don’t know how she missed it. I just had to show her the picture that I took and ruined the magic.

We got back from SM and found DD sound asleep. Our Mermaid FP’s weren’t quite ready yet, so I asked everyone if they wanted to ride Buzz while we were close. They all went and I walked DD around Tomorrowland. After Buzz, we headed back past the new castle walls and into the new Fantasyland for the first time. I didn’t get any pictures at this time, but don’t worry, there will be some later. They really did an excellent job on the theming. We noted that the wait for Enchanted Tales with Belle was 60 min. We made our way to the very back to ride Under the Sea. Mom and Dad volunteered to wait with DD while the rest of us rode, then they’d go. We obviously didn’t get to experience the standby line and crab game I’ve heard about, but the FP line has some beautiful scenery as well. You just don’t get to stop and admire it.

8288748900_c85b81d6f2.jpg

DS took in the sights and more than once said it was scary. Then as we were walking out, I asked if he wanted to ride again. He said he did so off he went with Mom and Dad.

When they got done it was just after 11:00 am. It had been a very productive morning and we thought we’d check on the wait to get into Be Our Guest. When we walked past at 10:30, the line was already snaked around the corner, so we thought we’d ask how long the wait would be once the restaurant was actually opened. They told us 45 – 60 min.

Eh, maybe later, but not on the first day. Instead, we’d head to our trusty, traditional first meal at the MK destination, Pecos Bills. Not much to say here. We had a great meal, as usual, here and took a nice little break to sit and relax while we fed DD and took turns taking kids to change diapers. We decided that we’d go ride Jungle Cruise, but on the way, I grabbed everyone’s keys to get Thunder Mountain FP’s since we were close. The Jungle Cruise wait was posted as 15 min, but it was maybe 10. Our skipper was Lisa and she was absolutely the best skipper I’ve ever had. She didn’t do any new material, but her delivery was spot on. She really knew how to play the role and sell it. I can’t applaud her enough!

At the end of our cruise, we still had time before the FP’s for BTMRR would be good, so we decided that DS and DD might enjoy the Tiki Room. It turns out they did, but DS had his hands over his ears most of the time. That kid hates loud things…

After the Birds finished their performance, we stepped outside and DS was then on a mission. The week before our trip, I got him to watch Aladdin with me for the first time. Of all things in the movie, the one thing he was scared of was Genie… Really???? Anyway, whenever Genie was on the screen, Carpet was typically around too, so we started talking about Carpet and we talked about riding a carpet at Disney World. He obviously remembered and it didn’t take him long to spot them. The ladies took DS to ride Aladdin’s Dumbo Carpets while Dad stayed with DD and the stroller and I ran to get FP’s for Splash Mountain.

It had been a busy start to the day, but we had been having a blast and getting a lot of attractions done. We were going to have to head back for a nap sometime. The original plan was to leave at around 1pm, but it was now 1 and we had 2 FP’s in hand. We knew we were walking on thin ice, but just how long would we be able to last before a meltdown and a much needed nap for DS???

Your DD's picture at dinner is absolutely adorable. That wait and inability to check in sounds very frustrating. :headache: I can see maybe 40 minutes being a little early, but 30? Come on! Despite that, it sounds like you had a great meal except for the camera fiasco. I used to be a slave to those stupid batteries until I got a DSLR with a battery that lasts two days. Now I am never caught with a dead battery because I charge it at night every 48 hours. Best. Camera. Ever.

Now - on to the crazy teenager that was banging at the door? ARE YOU KIDDING ME? REALLY? I'm glad your dad took care of that right on the spot. :rolleyes1

Who needs sleep, anyway? It's overrated. :rotfl:

Looking forward to your first day in the parks.

OOPS - I see you just posted our first day. Hate when I get behind. Grrr! Looks like the start to a fab day and it looks absolutely gorgeous outside. You started with two of my fav rides and yeah for seeing the opening show! :cool1:

I fell behind a little! :sad2:

That picture of DD at Chef Mickey's is just absolutely precious. I'm glad DS wasn't scared of the characters this year. At least with all your camera troubles you were able to get a few good pictures of the characters. I totally agree with your rant, it doesn't seem like it should make much difference if you check in more than 15 minutes before your ADR. Like you said, if anything it should make it easier on them!

I have to say, your first night had me a little :scared1:! That is just absolutely crazy!!! And poor DD, it is so hard doing things in the dark. Not a great way to spend your first night, so I really hope the following nights were a lot better for you!

I totally had to chuckle a little that your wife got lost looking for Dumbo, just like we did our first morning!! :rotfl: They really threw a lot of people off with that Dumbo relocation. But at least you found it, and the kiddos enjoyed their first ride of the trip. :thumbsup2 I'm glad DS liked Barnstormer...wish we could say the same about Paxton. :rolleyes1

As for Push the Trash Can, I don't know if before I just didn't know how they did it that I never noticed the guy, or if they are really more obvious now or what. But we saw him a couple of times and it seemed like the guy operating it was right in the middle of the crowd! Seems like they used to at least TRY to be obscured from the guests.

My alarm went off at 6:30 am. It felt like I had just gotten back into bed after our midnight excitement, but knowing what the day had in store, I wasn’t the least bit tempted to hit the snooze.

Impressive, since you're working on about 4 hours of sleep in the last 48.

DS was a little impatient waiting for it to start, but once he saw the train roll in and identified Pluto he started to get excited. Almost as excited as I was.

Cool. I love that show.

I also took this one. Not very good detail in the picture, but I like how they make the walkways look kind of like hardened mud with tracks from the circus coming to town. Complete with animal tracks and discarded peanuts!

The details are awesome. They mean so much!

DW said she forgot they moved Dumbo and couldn’t find it. They ended up having to ask a CM. Oops, should have thought to remind them.

:lmao::rotfl2::rotfl:

Andy returns to see his kids melting down. "Sorry, kids, Dumbo is gone forever!"

We parked the stroller and headed into try out the new Double Dumbo.

Great. Now everyone's going to call this ride the Double D, and you'll drag this conversation down into the gutter. Way to go.

We got back to the station and there was nobody waiting, so we asked if we could ride again. They let us, so DS got to ride with me the second time around. He yelled and screamed and laughed and was yelling for it to go faster! When he gets about a foot taller, he’s going to be my coaster buddy.

:goodvibes:thumbsup2

He did fine through the ride, but didn’t really show any excitement and actually held his hands over his ears for most of it.

Really? I've never seen kids do that before. :rolleyes1

I just had to show her the picture that I took and ruined the magic.

Nice. Did you run around telling all the kids there's no Santa Claus, too?

We obviously didn’t get to experience the standby line and crab game I’ve heard about, but the FP line has some beautiful scenery as well. You just don’t get to stop and admire it.

Looks like a beautiful area. Gotta give props to Disney Imagineers.

When we walked past at 10:30, the line was already snaked around the corner, so we thought we’d ask how long the wait would be once the restaurant was actually opened. They told us 45 – 60 min.

:faint:

It turns out they did, but DS had his hands over his ears most of the time. That kid hates loud things…

:rolleyes1

We knew we were walking on thin ice, but just how long would we be able to last before a meltdown and a much needed nap for DS???

DS?? Given your lack of sleep, I'm expecting the meltdown to come from a different source. :thumbsup2

My alarm went off at 6:30 am.

But once you remembered where you were, I doubt you cared much.

but knowing what the day had in store, I wasn’t the least bit tempted to hit the snooze.

There ya’ go!

I headed off to Café Rix

Everybody comes to Rix
(just be aware that the authorities are looking for those letters of transit you stole so hide them well).

We had planned to drive to the parks most of the week, but just thought that we’d try the bus out with the stroller going to MK, just to see if it was worth it to save a little bit of wasted time at the TTC.

Our planning worked out,

Glad to hear it. Strollers and busses don’t generally mix well.

We saw the opening ceremony.

Man Law upheld…

DS had been telling us he was “cited to ride Dumbo”

I’m ‘cited to just hear that he was ‘cited.
That’s why we all head down there in the first place…
To be ‘cited.

I like how they make the walkways look kind of like hardened mud with tracks from the circus coming to town. Complete with animal tracks and discarded peanuts!

Imagineering at it’s best.
It’s all about the details.

I walked back over to the Teacups and looked in the direction of Pooh and saw them all heading towards me. DW said she forgot they moved Dumbo and couldn’t find it.

Missed that little detail though…

We parked the stroller and headed into try out the new Double Dumbo. DD’s first ever ride was with Dad.

DD on the DD… that’s D to the fourth.
Add Daddy (or even better “Dummy Daddy”) and the math gets really complex.

We walked right on to a half empty coaster and he ended up getting in without having any kind of a last second freak out.

Win!
Who’s your Dummy-Daddy now!

We got back to the station and there was nobody waiting, so we asked if we could ride again. They let us

Double win
(we need to move on to another letter here)

As we were walking, Sis2 was talking about how cool and impressive that was. She said she knows that it isn’t real, but couldn’t figure out how they did it.

Dust…

Dust??

A little bit of Pixy Dust.

I looked at her and asked her if she was being serious. She was, so I asked her if she noticed the guy following it around talking to his hand…

Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain…

I asked everyone if they wanted to ride Buzz while we were close. They all went and I walked DD around Tomorrowland.

Very gallant of you to offer a good time to everyone else while you spent time with your little girl.

Unless is was merely a ploy to keep from having to admit that everyone else would have whipped you for high score on the SRS

we thought we’d check on the wait to get into Be Our Guest. When we walked past at 10:30, the line was already snaked around the corner, so we thought we’d ask how long the wait would be once the restaurant was actually opened. They told us 45 – 60 min.

Whoa…that’s quite the wait for “QS dinning.
But really, it’s more then that from what I’ve read. I read where more then a few reviewers have said that this contains some of the best themeing in the new Fantasy Land area. I’m actually interested to here if y’all got to try it and what you thought.

The Jungle Cruise wait was posted as 15 min, but it was maybe 10.

A must do for us.
The bad jokes are better then the original script ever was.

At the end of our cruise, we still had time before the FP’s for BTMRR would be good, so we decided that DS and DD might enjoy the Tiki Room. It turns out they did

Has this reverted back to the original show?

but DS had his hands over his ears most of the time. That kid hates loud things…

So Drag Racing and Monster Truck Rallies aren’t in his immediate future then?
That’s really not that uncommon. I suspect He’ll grow out of it in the near.

It had been a busy start to the day, but we had been having a blast and getting a lot of attractions done.

Yes… yes you have.

The original plan was to leave at around 1pm, but it was now 1 and we had 2 FP’s in hand. We knew we were walking on thin ice, but just how long would we be able to last before a meltdown and a much needed nap for DS???

Stay tuned for our next exciting episode:

“Mick Mouse Melt Down” or “Scream Machine”

Reading along-- coz we are going in Dec 2013 and I want to get a feel of what its like..

we have 16 people. 2 of which are babies not even born yet = they will be 6 months and 7 months old when we get there.
This trip has been a lifelong dream of mine--

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter