They should limit purchase of pins

lynxstch

I Love Figment
I managed to make it to the closest store to me with an hours drive..I got there at 9:30..there were only 2 people waiting and one of them was a CM..they had about 24 of each pin minus a couple as each CM was wearing a lanyard containing all 8 pins..the CM who was waiting outside with us took 3 sets of each..the lady in front of me took 5 (!!!) sets of each..and I took 2 sets..we were the only customers in the store at the time..by 10:15 when I left..there were 2 Walt and Mickeys on the racks, and a few of each of the others..it's just not fair...they should either send more of each..or limit to 2 sets or something like that..they are creating a demand that they don't intend to meet!..at least the pins are reasonably priced compared to what the parks charge..6 of them were $4..and the Pooh dangle and Tigger slider were $5..I looked on E*** when I got home..one seller is asking a buy it now price of $34.50 for the Walt and Mickey one..wanna bet they get it too?..since it only costs Disney about a dime to make the pins, and the 100 year celebration is expected to last 15 months..what is the sense in limiting each store to 24 of each pin????

Wow, Leslie told me she paid $6 for each of the pins here in CT. I wonder if they are charging different prices in different states? I am going to stop off at the Mall on the way home and check out the bags. How much were they in your stores? Peggie

The bags are $24 and the binders were $20. The pins were $4 except tigger and pooh and they were $5. I was at a store in MD too and the there were only 4 people in front of me and no one behind me. I got there 15 minutes before openning. Our store had 48 of each except the TV one, which they only got a box. Hope it goes this smoothly throughout, but some how I doubt it.

Seconding n2mm's information on the pricing. Also, the prices are printed right on the card, so I'm not sure what they would have had to have done to charge $6 a pin. Glad to see another store had more than 24 of some pins. I thought I was hallucinating when I saw that. Thought no one on the board would believe me!:D

the store I went to in MD had no binders but had the bags $24..how can they have different prices on the pins for different stores?..the prices are printed on the cardboard backings for each pin and the pins are sealed in bags..so unless the store is repricing them on top of the bags..there is no excuse for there being different prices..Disney spokesmen quoted the prices as $4 except for the sliders or dangles which are $5..geez,, can they make it much more difficult for collectors to add these to their collections?

Our prices were the same as n2mm's location.
The only downside to limiting is that in a situation as a large family, they still will buy many. They would just have each person in their family buy the allotted number.
I have even seen in mystery pin sales, where hands were stamped at purchase. People got around that too. It always sounds like a good idea, but wonder how much difference it sometimes makes.
I was just disappointed that Disney did not make and distribute more than they did. I understand they don't want to get stuck with a bunch in the end, but 24 per store (at most locations) is not very many.

The pins at our store were 4 bucks US and 6 bucks Canadian.

I agree they should limit them. I saw someone putting together over 6 sets in less than 10 minutes.

But on the other hand, I went back a few hours later and there were plenty of pins, bags and books on the racks. The Walt is going fast, however.
I think it should be OK for most people. Apparently, 24 each is plenty for those interested in buying them.

They sold for $4.00 in the CT stores I visited, and you were allowed to use your postcard or DC card for a 20% discount.

Wanda

I didn't have any trouble using the 20% at the first store I visited.
At the second store, a customer buying a few pins/bag asked if she got the 20%. The CM's both looked at each other with confused looks.
I steped in and said yes, she could. One of the CM's thought you had to have a post card. I just happened to have my DC newsletter and whipped it out and showed the wording on the back. Then they allowed her the 20% w/o question.
My good deed for the day. ;)

Can someone tell me about the 20% discount? When I purchased my pins today with my DC card I only got 10%. Did I need something else?

Also, our store here in Charleston did not seem to get as many pins as some others. I was told by the manager that they only got 12 of some pins. They had held a set for me when I called at opening, so I got all mine. But, when I got there about 10:30am to pick them up, they had already sold out of Walt and Mickey and #7 WD Presents. The manager told me they had about 6 people in line at opening and that I was the second person to call in.

They still had plenty of binders and bags, and I was told they had even more in the back!

Michael

Regarding the 20% off, a CM told me that today is this week's last day when that discount would be granted with every purchase when you show your DC card.

Wanda

I agree, they should limit the number of pins you can buy at the DS. The lady in front of me grabbed an entire rack of pins. By the time I got up to the pin rack, it was picked clean. :mad: This was right after the store open this morning. I waited in line, along with 20 other people. :( I think the ebay pin sellers are hogging all the pins. :mad: :mad:

Good News!:bounce: :bounce: A super CM got on the phone and hunted down the #1 pin for me from a near by DS. :) They are shipping the pin to me. That wonderful CM saved the day!! The people who work at the DS are fantastic!!

King Triton:bounce:

On the back of my September 2001 Disney Club News that I received this week, it states: "... save 20% on your purchase at the Disney Store when you present your Disney CLub card 9/16/01-9/29/01. Some restrictions apply: see store for details. Not applicable on catalog or online orders." I got my pins early this morning. LAter we emt some friends for dinner at the mall. they only got the 10% DC discount. When I told her about the 20% we went back to the store & the manager corrected it. So, Michael, I would suggest you take the receipt back & get your other 10%!

Since we all know I will be in TDS again soon, might as well see if they will correct it. I found the newsletter on the Club site and printed out the info. Seems our real copy of the newsletter got thrown out during a recent house cleaning!

Michael

Disney Club Members receive 20% off most merchandise from Sept 16 till the 29th.
You do not need a coupon.

Disney Store pins are 4 and 5 dollars depending on the detail of the pin.

As far as problems with getting the pins as a cast member we are trying to address all the problems.
Good Luck and Happy Pin trading.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter