They said yes!!!! proposals, free dining, love bugs and POP a Sept 2010 TR

dopey30

Earning My Ears
Welcome to my very first trip report! We just returned from 7 days in the world and had a blast! We stayed at POP in the 80s and attended the MNSSHP on the 21! It was me and the DH!

We started our trip on Fri the 17 with the long drive from Fall River Ma,,,,,,22 long hours, straight through, only stopping for gas and potty breaks. Around 4:30 pm we said goodbye to the dogs got into our car Bumbl Bee Tuna Marie, and headed to the nearest Dunkin Donuts for the all important first shot of caffeine for the road before us! The ride was long before us, but before we knew it we were over the Tapanzee and into Jersey! Tolls Tolls Tolls!, Hello Delaware, blink your eyes and you miss it! Good bye Maryland DC and Virginia! Its 4 am and Welcome to North Carolina! Let the real driving begin! Oh look its a Pedro sign, and another.......and another........and another! Are we there yet? Goodbye North Carolina, the sun is up and we are in South Carolina! Bring on the pine Trees! Are we ever gonna get that free cup of OJ? Well about 8 hours later we checked in at the Masters inn on 192 for the night before our sunday morning arrival at POP!

Coming up- DTD and Dinner! Why didn't I listen to the Dis Boards its crazy here!!!

When last we left off we had just checked in at the Masters inn on 192. Now let me tell you for 25 dollars this place was really nice. We took a quick dip in the pool then set to our plans. DH needed a new hat a lanyard and some pins to start his trading for the year, so off to DTD we go. I know you are all thinking that we are crazy for going to DTD on a Saturday night, but I needed my fix before we headed to MK on Sunday morning! We got to DTD and it was shear madness! Walls of People everywhere, a line out the door at Earl of Sandwich, and lovebugs galore! Well we braved it and went to WOD and got the supplies that we needed. Now it was off to POP on a bus to check out where we were going to be staying for the next week and try the food court out, OOP of course. We got on a bus in no time and were off. It was exciting to see POP Century for the first time, and slightly overwhelming when we entere the Classics Hall, but it gave us our bearings so that we were ready for check in on Sunday Morning.
We went to Everything POP Food Court and I decided on the Chicken Penne Alfredo, and DH got a burger. They were both really good, and it felt like it was going to be the right way to kick off our week in Disney. After Dinner we went and explored around the resort a little bit so that we knew how to navigate it the next day, and we fell in love with it....from the landscaping to the theming and icons, this was my kind of place! Once we walked around for a while it was time to board a bus back to DTD and head back to 192 for some sleep! By this point we had been awake for about 30 hours, and were exhausted and knew that we needed our rest for our 6am wakeup call to check in early and get to MK for RD

Up next: Is Our room Ready, and is this September or July!!!

Wow - that was a LONG drive!! I wouldn't have made it w/o passing out :rotfl: But $25/night at your first night's motel really helped (plus that it was nice too!). Can't wait for pics :yay:

003.jpg
[/IMG]
016.jpg
[/IMG][/IMG][/IMG]

Pictures from the drive are up, as well as masters inn room photos......Check in day coming tomorrow!

Hey everyone! When we last left off we had just gone to bed at the masters inn and were getting ready to wake up early to get our KTTW and start our trip! It is 530 am and I woke up before the alarm! It was one of those "I'm too excited to sleep!" moments..... So we got dressed, reloaded our truck, and started to drive the long 2 miles to the WDW property! While on our way to POP we managed to get a little lost, but soon found our way, and were parked in the check in parking lot and on our way to the front desk! We went to online check in and were informed that we would be in the 80's with a king sized bed (request met!), and that it was not ready yet. We knew that this was bound to happen as it was 6am, and gave them our phone number to wait for the inevitable text with our room number and telling us it was ready! With keys in hand we dropped our baggage off, and parked our car in the 80s lot, and headed off to the bus stop for the MK! The line for the bus was crazy!!!!! We had 2 wait 2 buses at 7am to get to the MK!!! I guess that is what happens when you are going on a pm EMH day!

We finally got a bus about 8oo, and were at the gates to MK by 830, so that we could stake out the perfect spot for the opening show, which is my favorite part of any MK day!

Okay, need more pics, what did you eat, who gets engaged....popcorn::

We finally got a bus about 8oo, and were at the gates to MK by 830, so that we could stake out the perfect spot for the opening show, which is my favorite part of any MK day!

Until our trip last May, I hadn't seen this show in years. I forgot how sweet & "feel good" it was! Sounds like a great start to your 1st official day in WDW!

Okay, need more pics, what did you eat, who gets engaged....popcorn::
YEAH!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter