• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

They have no idea! Surprise! Live@ WL 4-9/4-16

AlwaysPlanning

Mouseketeer
:dance3::dance3:The bags are packed, the list has been checked and rechecked. Now it is on to the Trip Report!!!!:surfweb:

I have been pondering a Title with many ideas, each one better than the last. I used none of them, they were all to long! That seems to always be my problem, long winded! :laughing: Say what you want and be done.

So this trip report will be more pictures than a lot of words while I'm onsite. I will not have internet with my computer. We are not staying on points so no free internet and I am not gonna pay $10 a day. My posts will be from my droid! so I apologize now for spelling and punctuation:thumbsup2 My thumbs are finally strong again from my live Dec trip. I've been thumb training and am up to the challenge.

I will fill in all the details and do a complete TR when I return home......

The party begins:
Me, celebrating my 36th birthday this trip!
DD10, will be so happy to have sunshine and warm weather
DD7 KK, my Disney sidekick!
Grandma, 2nd trip to the WDW with us. 6/2009 SSR

I have been planning this trip since the long car ride home from our Christmas trip. The trip takes 20 hours to Wisconsin and that's about the perfect amount of time to get all the details worked out. DH was unaware of my plan to return before he even had me home! :rotfl2:

This will be DD's 8th trip to the World! So with each trip I try to make it a special experience not just another trip to WDW. So this one will be a total SURPRISE:dance3:
I have told them we are going to Chicago for the weekend, but that's so far from the truth:laughing:
I hope to have video footage of the big surprise when we pull up to the airport exactly 25 min from home, and they see Grandma standing with their bags!:jumping3:
From MCO we will take ME.
Once we are on property
We will be staying at the Wilderness Lodge. This will be our Home for the week! We will be in a standard room with no view!:) We will be on the DX DDP this week and have our ADR's at the following:
Whispering Canyon
Kouzzina
1900 Park Fare
Jiko
The Wave
Crystal Palace
Kona Cafe
Biergarten
Flying Fish
Sci FI
California Grill
LeCellier
Narcossee's
Coral Reef
Artist Point

Yeah that seems like a long list. We love Disney eating and make our dinning experiences a big part of our trips. DD10 is Gluten Free and so is Grandma so we will have some great one on ones with the chefs. It is really a wonderful place for people that have food allergies. To be able to order and eat normal food and not worry about getting sick. We really never get this anywhere at home.

We are planning on taking in all of the Flower and Garden Festival at Epcot as well as the Wild Africa Trek at Animal Kingdom. Grandma and DD7 are going to the My Disney Princess tea Party.

For my Birthday my DH got me a new camera, NikonD3100. I have been learning a lot over the last month. I hope that when I get onsite it all comes together. I expect that these pictures will not be posted until I get home.

I have done On Line check in. This is the first time that I have used this option. I am not crazy about the charging option on KTTWC. I may have them reissue new ones with out this option.

So I wait for the week to end, and keep this excitement inside with hopes that I don't slip up and blow this big surprise. I am not a good secret keeper, and even worse when it comes to Disney! I say this here on the DIS boards I will never ever do another surprise trip to Disney it is really to hard to not talk about it. Really everyday my DD's talk about going back to Disney and what we need to do the next time and where they want to eat.!!!! Oh if they only knew its only days now! :woohoo:

Does anybody know if the Fire Rock Geyser has been fixed at WL?

Wow only 3 days to go!:eek: You are sooooo lucky! I can't wait to hear how your trip goes. Make sure you take lots and lots of pics :-) If we don't chat before your trip I would like to say....Have a "Magical" trip!

YAY!!!! I'm so excited for you! :) If you need, you can always spend the rest of the week sleeping at our house so you don't blow the surprise, not that you will!! ;)

I'm excited to see pictures and video of their reaction! What a great surprise for them.

What a great list you have for your dining experience. What better way to spend your trip than with a happy full belly! :thumbsup2

Can't wait for the pictures and more to follow.
:woohoo:

Wow only 3 days to go!:eek: You are sooooo lucky! I can't wait to hear how your trip goes. Make sure you take lots and lots of pics :-) If we don't chat before your trip I would like to say....Have a "Magical" trip!

Thanks!:) My Picture plan is insane! Hope they are good enough to post. It's an art form. I just don't have the "form" part yet.

YAY!!!! I'm so excited for you! :) If you need, you can always spend the rest of the week sleeping at our house so you don't blow the surprise, not that you will!! ;)

I'm excited to see pictures and video of their reaction! What a great surprise for them.

What a great list you have for your dining experience. What better way to spend your trip than with a happy full belly! :thumbsup2

Can't wait for the pictures and more to follow.
:woohoo:

Thats a great idea to sleep at your house:thumbsup2
we are working on getting toes and fingers painted.
Oh I can smell the popcorn from MK now!

I'm in - sounds so exciting... I wouldn't be able to keep a secret about Disney either! We are actually going on the 10th - 16th, we are hoping it's not too crowded! Hope y'all have a super trip and can't wait to hear what you think about your new camera - I'm in the market for one but don't know which is better Nikon or Canon so I'd be intersted to hear your opinion.

I'm in!

If only my parents had created these surprised trips when I was younger. Its my first year in high school and I finally went for my first time last year and luckily got to go again less than a year later. Your kids are quite lucky :)

I hope you all have a great trip, so many ADRs, I'm definitely going to need to take your reviews. ;)

We will be there at the same time! I am taking a break from packing to read a few trip reports. Have a great vacation!

I'm in - sounds so exciting... I wouldn't be able to keep a secret about Disney either! We are actually going on the 10th - 16th, we are hoping it's not too crowded! Hope y'all have a super trip and can't wait to hear what you think about your new camera - I'm in the market for one but don't know which is better Nikon or Canon so I'd be intersted to hear your opinion.
I'm so excited for you to also be so close to your trip!:banana:
As I've been reading it sounds like we are going to be in for some big crowds and long wait times. Oh well today I would take standing in line over going to work.:) I will not beable to give you any info on Canon as I have only ever had Nikon and Sony. But I will share all I can about my experience with the NikonD3100. I actually used the Dis with my search. A lot of knowledge is here in these treads.

I'm in!

If only my parents had created these surprised trips when I was younger. Its my first year in high school and I finally went for my first time last year and luckily got to go again less than a year later. Your kids are quite lucky :)

I hope you all have a great trip, so many ADRs, I'm definitely going to need to take your reviews. ;)

I was older when I went for the first time to WDW. I almost think we have a different love for it because we know a life with out Disney. Where my kids don't know what life is like without;)
Thanks for following, I am so looking forward to the FOOD!:love:

We will be there at the same time! I am taking a break from packing to read a few trip reports. Have a great vacation!

Happy Packing hope you all have a great trip ! Beach Club will be so nice this coming week with the HOT:woohoo: temps!!!!!

I have managed to keep the secret yet another day! We have all gotten our hair cut and colored, and my beautician didn't accidentally say anything! Yeah:cool1: That makes me worried is that somebody else is going to not watch their tongue. I have gotten emails from all teachers and will be picking up all the homework at noon tomorrow. So glad that they didn't give me a hard time taking them out of school. We don't have a spring break this year. Matter of fact we have to go extra days at the end of the year now! Not because of to many snow days but to make up for the teachers calling in sick! So no I guess I don't feel bad pulling my kids out of school for a week. :confused3
Now to get the toes done on DD7:guilty:She says I’m not going to be wearing flip flops in Chicago, why do I need my toes painted. Oh the lies.
So I even managed to get a Mickey painted on each big toe.

The bags have been picked up and we will see them when we get to the airport. It's fun to get the plan in progress. All the planning in the world is just that planning. Until it is put in motion I keep adding to the madness.:eek: One more project. Make another shirt or I add a page to the autograph book.

Okay so they are gone so now it all I can get in my backpack or it's not going! Does anybody else ever feel as though they need to bring everything they could possibly need or want? Right, and then you use none of it! That’s me. This trip is exceptionally hard because I don't have the back end of the truck to fill. So as I go to bed tonight with visions of the monorail running thru my head I will be checking my list and never mind that’s Christmas. I don't want to do that trip again we need warm temps. :love:

You just continue to amp up the anticipation of this trip for yourself. I can't wait to hear how the surprise goes. It sounds like this is going to be a fun trip :)

IMG_20110409_050203.jpg

Surprise, grandma meets us @ the airport with a great sign. I'm going to Disney want to come?

That is a great sign! Love Waltograph! :) Can't wait to hear more about your trip. :goodvibes

I am totally in!! I love a good Disney surprise....we surprised my DD when she was turning 12 with a trip to the World....it was just the best. I can't wait to read all about yours:goodvibes

this live TR is exactly what I need to get me through these next few months before our next trip!! :cool1:

Yes we have arrived. DD7 says Welcome Home! When we passed under the most amazing arch. The entire buss eruted in applause. Oh if that doesn't get u excited.

Sorry about the video upload? Don't really know why it didn't Iwill work on it. It was all we imagined it would be.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter