They Gave Us The World a MAW/GKTW/WDW TR Feb 2010

hollie1974

Mouseketeer
We fought pirates, danced with huge rabbits, ate lunch with some princesses, flew over rivers and mountains, drove race cars, was handed an offer we certainly couldn't refuse and much, much more!

Welcome to our trip report! Here is a brief summary of everyone....if you would like to know more about us please visit our PTR at http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2614191

Lily is our wish child. She is 4 yrs old and has a very mild case of Canavan. The only issue that Lily has due to the Canavan is seizures. As Canavan is a horrible, horrible disease we are very blessed that Lily's case is mild.

CJ is our 10 yr old son. He is a happy and outgoing boy who is probably one of his sister's biggest advocates doing what he can to educate everyone he meets about his sister and Canavan.

Drache is our nephew and a huge part of our family. Drache spends a lot of time with us and as he has been around for a lot of the bad, we felt that is was only fair for him to get some of the good. Drache turned 12 during our trip and got to celebrate his b-day at Magic Kingdom!

Tracy is my husband and Lily and CJ's dad. He's a hardworking guy who is very laid back and makes friends everywhere he goes. He is a big time social butterfly.

And then there is me, Hollie. I am the happy, sometimes cranky, slightly childish, fun loving but sometimes paranoid mom of the bunch.

Ok let's get to the TR!

So we drove (yes drove......due to lily's seizures I didn't feel comfortable flying) from Ohio. We originally planned on leaving 2/5 in the early morning hours, however there was a snowstorm due to hit the mountain area of West Virginia at the time that we would have been driving through. So we left 2/4 at roughly 11:30am. 16 hours before we planned to leave. We drove to my mom's house in Bluffton, Sc and stayed there Friday and Saturday night. Sunday we left her house about 7:30am ish and headed for Give Kids The World Village which is a meer 5 hours from my mom's house.

Here is a pic of Lily on our drive....we are almost there!!

gktw006-1.jpg

So we finally are there! :banana: We do the check in thing and off to our villa!

000_0003.jpg

Our Villa is in a nice location, just down the road from almost everything! We get the tour of the villa and the volunteer leaves us to get settled in. Tracy starts to bring in the luggage and oh NO!!!

Now let me explain something here......my husband works for a car dealership doing detailing. It is a small family owned business and they have been so supportive to us through all this with Lily. Because they feel we are family, they like to offer us little extras whenever they can. So when they found out that we were driving they loaned us a super nice car. The car was totally awesome (and we didn't want to give it back) but the hard case luggage carrier wouldn't fit so we had to use a soft carrier (and some of you may be saying I know where this is going!!). Well the two days the car sat in my mom's driveway in SC it poured....so yeah everything that was on top of the car was soaked! ALL of our clothes, except mine and Drache's cuz both our bags were in the car itself and not the carrier. Now I think it's funny but at the time I was not laughing. I didn't want us to go running around the village looking like we did after traveling....but my husband talked some sense into me and off we went!

So we headed off to the most amazing playground in the world! :worship:
Mathew's Boundless Playground is just amazingly cool!

gktw007-1.jpg

The whole playground is done up in Candyland Theme and the kids loved it!

gktw019.jpg

gktw018-Copy.jpg

gktw021.jpg

gktw022.jpg

gktw029.jpg

gktw016.jpg

gktw014.jpg

gktw009.jpg

This last pic seems to be a theme with Lily. We have a TON of pics of her running off. She was a busy, busy girl!!

Next up no Candyland? :confused: But a really cool Super Bowl Party!

Sitting at the hematologist office and so THRILLED to see you have started. I can't wait to read more!!! popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::

I am happy you didn't let the wet luggage ruin your fun!

So we went and had lunch at Katie's Kitchen. We were starving!! The food was great! We went back to the Villa, unpacked and then headed up for dinner (like I said we were hungry!) Dinner was great too! We never made it to the tea party but do to the Super Bowl party they were gearing up for I don't think that actually had the party. So we headed into the Castle of Miracles to the Spa so Lily could get some stuff done.

The ceiling of the spa

gktw030.jpg

Lily got a tattoo and her nails done.

gktw032.jpg

The above is Stephanie doing Lily's airbrush tattoo. Now while ALL the volunteers were very special to us, Stephanie did something later in the week that still brings tears to my eyes....it was oh wait, I am only on Sunday! You'll have to wait till that day to find out what! :rotfl: (don't worry, it will be in Monday's report!)

gktw033.jpg

Lily getting her nails done. Lily kept changing her mind as to what color she wanted her nails! But the volunteers are very, very patient people and were more than willing to oblige her.

gktw034.jpg

Lily's tattoo. It's hard to see but it's a flower.

So after that we headed up by the theater to see what was going on there. They were having a big Superbowl party. There were tons of games for the kids to play, like giant connect 4, cornhole, etc. The kids would get tickets every time they played a game, then they had tables set up so the kids could turn their tickets in for prizes. Lily got 3 sand shovels and a really cute nail kit with lots of nail polish. It was A LOT of fun but do to the Superbowl party they didn't do the candyland game that night. My husband was happy because he got to watch part of the Superbowl on a theater screen. Also with the theater we were able to go in and get ICEE's (which I LOVE), popcorn, hotdogs, nachos, cotton candy, snowcones, and pucker powders. AWESOME!!

gktw040.jpg

Lily playing connect 4.

After the games were over they had a big dance party, which Lily loved!

Candyland107.jpg

Lily not too sure about the ginormous rabbit! lol

Candyland108.jpg

Warming up right quick!!

Candyland60.jpg

Candyland59.jpg

Candyland58.jpg

Lily loves to dance!!
After the dance party we headed off to bed.....
Tomorrow will Lily cooperate for her Princess makeover? Will we get to see Mickey and Minnie? Will Lily make it through the night seizure free? Will mom sleep at all? Stay tuned for answers to these questions and more!

I can't wait to hear what Stephanie did! popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::

Lily is so CUTE!!! I love that she did the spa, Lisa is going to have a ball doing that as well. The party sounds like so much fun and Lily is too precious dancing, smiling and having fun!!! :woohoo::woohoo::woohoo:

Standing by for more when you have time...I can't believe how much you have already posted...:goodvibes

We were at the Super Bowl party that night too but somehow missed you,bummer:sad2:! My dad and I are big Packers fans so we had fun watching the game a bit too! The kids were a bit sad there was not Candyland that night as they love the game. Looks like it was a great start to your trip. Can't wait to read more!

Great start to the tr! It sounds like so muh fun!!!!!:banana::banana::banana: I havent had an Icee in ages.... wow.... popcorn, games hotdogs and more ! Oh how fun..... I'm so glad you are off to a great start and can't wait to vicariread more of your TR! LOL!

Lily looks like she is having so much fun dancing:banana: Hopefully you got the wet bags all taken care of. That sure puts a damper on the start of a trip.

Just found this, can't wait for more! Love Lily's dancing pictures, looks like she was having a blast!

I can't wait to read more of this tr I am a supporter of GKTW that place is awesome!!! So since I'm a professional clown here is a clown for yall :clown:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter