They are kinda like...

LittleDreamer

Mouseketeer
Have you ever tried to or how would you explain the podcasts to your clueless friends? Recently I was trying to explain The DIS podcasts (well Youtube videos actually) to a friend of mine. While attempting to describe the dynamics of the different teams I found myself comparing them to TV shows.

For DIS Unplugged I compared it to Morning Joe on MSNBC. The team shares news and tidbits in a rapid fire manner. A group of talking heads that get along and rib each other. They will often go off on tangents.

For The Trip I said Live with Kelly and Michael. They talk about random topics that might interest you. You get a good sense of their individual personalities probably due to the smaller cast and topics covered.

And for DIS Universal, I said it was like a cable access show. Cable 10 Aurora Illinois. A younger group got together and put together a show. Trying to keep it professional but often getting sidetracked, to the entertainment of the many. I'm feel bad saying this but I also compared JL to a mother sitting nearby making sure the kids don't cause too much trouble. "I'm a cool mom! Right Craig?"

I always say it feels to me like I'm hanging out with friends who love the same thing I do (Disney, in this case, although I also sometimes listen to the Universal show, and most of the time to The Trip) that I just haven't met yet. :)

I've likened the universal podcast (in the Shaun days) to a radio duo here in Australia: Hamish and Andy.
While they're more larrikan style than the dry humour of craig, they're basically just two best mates who talk about random stuff (relatable to the tangents and ongoing/inside jokes that occur on the Uni podcast) and have a heap of fun in the mean time, including at each other's expense.
Hamish and Andy were off the air for a few years and are back now (this is their third week back) and they're on from 4pm-6pm every day and I'm usually in the car from 5:30pm for an hour and I still choose the podcasts.
Though, Hamish and Andy have a podcast too (snippets of their show minus ad breaks and songs) so may have to jump back on that bandwagon too!!

Have you ever tried to or how would you explain the podcasts to your clueless friends? Recently I was trying to explain The DIS podcasts (well Youtube videos actually) to a friend of mine. While attempting to describe the dynamics of the different teams I found myself comparing them to TV shows.

You get farther than I have with my friends. I mentioned "Disney podcast" to some of my friends and I got a slacked-jaw, raised-brow gaze followed by the question, "you listen to a podcast about Disney?" That comment was followed by some good natured teasing and a not-so-under-the-breath muttering about "somebody having too much free time"

I gave it back to them though. I reminded them that I don't tease about watching fishing on TV or having a Glee-obsession that borders on disturbing.

Is there something wrong with a "Glee" obsession that borders on disturbing? Asking for a friend.

Weeeell, ok, could be a smidge of hyperbole in the "disturbing" part. And I could have followed up with the "not that there's anything wrong with that" in my comment.:flower3:

I do give her one raised eyebrow for often preferring Glee arrangements to the original recording artists and a slight smirk for talking about the characters as if they were real.
but I don't judge...
much...
out loud :rolleyes1
We've been friends for over 20 years, so there's lots of good natured ribbing happening all the time.

I usually listen to the podcasts when no one else is in at work. But i did listen to one whilst cooking the other week and my boyfriend was another room. He admitted he was listening in and found it very interesting!
I always get ripped when admitting to listening to disney podcasts but my love is strong!

It's easiest for me to just tell people that it helps me plan my next WDW vacation. Because it *kinda* does, and that makes more sense to them than any other explanation.

To those of my friends and family who know a bit about podcasting etc, as well as my love of Disney... I would descibe the DisUnplugged podcast as THE BENCHMARK. This is what a podcast about walt disney world should be like. I have only recently started listening to it, but have thus far worked my way back to March 2015's podcasts, and I can't get enough of them. It's right up there with Cheap Heat and Nerdist as my "cant wait until new episodes come out" list.

I started listening to podcasts about WDW when we decided to include a 10 day stay in POR as part of mine and wife to be's honeymoon next year. I've been to WDW 4 times before, but its been about 8 years since my last trip, and I wanted to catch up on whats new, refresh my memory on whats there etc...

I downloaded several different podcasts (which I wont name, but you can likely guess them) - I cannot put my finger on why, but none of them clicked with me. Either the presenters got on my nerves, the quality was low, there was background music CONSTANTLY... I will listen to one or two of them if the new episode sounds like something that would interest me, but I'd listen to the guys on Dis Unplugged talk about ANYTHING.

The DIS Unplugged one was just perfect. Everybody knows their stuff, they all bounce of each other really well... I only listen, I dont watch the videos, but I imagine they could all be sitting around a table or sitting in a pub having a beer.

Generally, just an awesome podcast.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter