These Merrell sandals?

I saw this and had to post a reply. I know that the Merrills I wear aren't like the pics you guys linked to...mine are more like shoes than sandals. But I have bad feet and a bad back. Before Disney trip last week, I was nursing what I thought was a stress fracture from Hades as it was going on for 8 months without healing and wearing a big old air cast. Turns out it was all due to my bad back. But....my feet are still bad and I always need support. To prepare for our Feb trip, my mom had told me to wear Merrills. I had a pair but was dubious as I figured I'd need to take Reeboks. So when my foot pain flaired up in January, I decided to give in a buy an $80 pair of black Merrills that are called Encore Groove. I LOVE THEM. I wore them all trip and never ever ever had one bit of tired foot or foot pain. They are awesome. I just told me mom a few days ago that I would never have thought to wear them instead of standard tennis shoes but I am so glad. They made my trip so much better.....I totally support Merrills. I had bought a pretty blueish pair called Encore Groove Floral and wore those also. Bad thing is that they got all wet during a rainy day at MGM, but they dried by the next day and were fine....(wish that they hadn't gotten wet since they were also $80) but everybody knows...sore feet can ruin a good day.

Too funny! I just ordered these today in preparation for my June trip to Disney World! Ya..I plan ahead. :lmao:

I usually bring my Crocs and a pair of Teevas and alternate between the two. These Merrills looked almost better than Teevas, so I had to try them.

Just a quick comment, I am a pooh sized lady and have always worn my old faithful New Balance tennis shoes at WDW to prevent aching feet and pain. This year we are going in June, and I know that I would love being able to wear some type of sandal like the ones you both have shown to help out with the heat, but I am afraid that a sandal wouldn't provide enough support and my legs and calves would start aching by lunch time. Does anyone have anything they would or could add to help me out with this dilemma? Any advice, tips, or notes from personal experience would be greatly appreciated!! TIA

I have a very similar pair of Merrell sandals that I bought about 4 years ago, and I absolutely love them. I wore them almost every day in disney, and wear them all summer long. I've never had sore feet and never got a blister. The sole of the foot looks exactly like these, and the tops are made of the same water-proof material, and they are the most comfortable shoe I've ever worn. These look like they would be the same.

no..not those merrells...but these merrells http://www.shoes.com/product.asp?p=5010922&variant_id=37524 and i love them for Disney..so comfy..kinda a cross between a slipper and a sneaker!

Lori

I love Merrels. I have this kind but they are flip flops. I got them wet and they streaked and are now a little rough, not as smooth as they were. Are they now water proof or can you spray them with stuff to make them water resistant? I would love to get these for the parks....I'm afraid they will get reuined with rides like Kali??? What do you think?

I've owned a few pairs of Merrell and have always loved them. They have been very comfortable and easy on the feet after the long days at Disney.

I love Merrells. I've worn them to WDW a few times. The only thing you need to be careful with is getting the soles wet -- they'll start to go stinky after a bit. Perhaps you should waterproof them before the vacation.

Footwear and crocs threads are maintained over in the Disney Tips Board.

Moving this one over there.

Thanks,

Knox

I love Merrells. I've worn them to WDW a few times. The only thing you need to be careful with is getting the soles wet -- they'll start to go stinky after a bit. Perhaps you should waterproof them before the vacation.

I've had good results with washing my Merrells - just throw them in the washer and dryer. A friend suggested this after she stepped in mud wearing a brand new pair. I've washed almost all of my Merrell sandals now. They won't be quite like new - the toe tends to curl up some and they do fade just a bit. But it beats wearing stinky shoes and, as much as they cost, it's nice to be able to get more wear out of them. If you're skittish about putting them in the wash, my Dsis and I have also had pretty good results with spraying them with Febreeze - just spray thoroughly and leave out to dry overnight.

merrell.com/Product/NZGP/Womens-Active-Footwear/Sport-Sandals/Womens/Waterpro-Selway.aspx
I am definitely going to get a pair of these before our April trip. I have the Palmetto slides (a couple of pair actually) and the flip flop type also. I have worn the flip flops in a water park. The color lightened a little bit, but they still fit & wear fine. I'm excited that there is a water safe version. Can't wait to try them.

For the "Pooh sized" person. The Palmetto slides come up far enough that they will give you more support than a flip-flop style. But, they will not support your ankle, more just support your arch & give you better "alignment". I think they would be a good option for you for parts of your day (like pool side or 1/2 day). Then you could see how you like them. I love mine!

I'm Pooh size and I live in Merrells!!! I've done Disney in Merrells and my feet were very happy. I have several styles of Merrells and you can't go wrong. My latest pair is called Frond-they're a thong sandal and they are so comfy. I highly recommend them.

Love Merrells:cheer2: I have the Via III & wore them the whole time at Disney with no blisters or tired feet. I just ordered another pair in a different color. They are very lightweight, but also very supportive too.:thumbsup2

I have found the Eccos are great too. I wanted a shoe that would keep my feet cool like a sandal but had the support of a gym shoe. I found these and bought them in 2 colors and wore them all day at the parks last year with no problems. They are very comfortable and they have mesh on them so if your feet get wet, they dry fast. I got them at shoes.com. The other thing I love is that there is a velcro closure on the top and on the heel so you can create a custom fit.

B000M3L7QQ.jpg

I have found the Eccos are great too. I wanted a shoe that would keep my feet cool like a sandal but had the support of a gym shoe. I found these and bought them in 2 colors and wore them all day at the parks last year with no problems. They are very comfortable and they have mesh on them so if your feet get wet, they dry fast. I got them at shoes.com. The other thing I love is that there is a velcro closure on the top and on the heel so you can create a custom fit.

I just tried on a pair of these on Sunday at TJ Maxx! Loved them but didn't buy them because I was afraid they would be too hot with all the walking. I'm glad to hear you like them so well. I may have to go back and see if they're still there! They were $39- is that good? They also had Merrell flip flops- not sure the name of the shoe but they had blue and coral, also $39 a pair.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter