• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

These are NOT the rooms that I paid for! 3 Resorts in 10 days - Trivia Answers 9/3

I absolutely loved this TR, Brenda! I love your sense of humor and hearing all about your mother-daughter fun! Your next trip sounds like it'll be fantastic, so excited for you!!

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

I cannot believe this TR is over, so glad there will be another one coming soon! I am so jealous of all the time you get to spend at WDW for such long stretches. You get to stay at such awesome places!!

I loved your review of CRT. It's not that I didn't want to eat there but it just hasn't been very high on my list. Now you have me wanting to eat there.

I lost count of how many ADRs you had. You ate at some really great places. How many times have you been to WDW, more than you can count? That is my goal :lmao:

I don't think you are going to need those winter jackets in August!

Love the ending of the TR. Not because it is the end, but because you ate at the Plaza...one of my favorites. :)

I enjoyed following along, as always. I will see you a week from today as we have planned at Tusker House...can't wait to meet you and Emily. :goodvibes

We prefer Typhoon Lagoon over Blizzard Beach. Too many stairs at Blizzard Beach, too big of drops and curves and I'm just too old for all that nonsense.

See you soon.

I'm sad to see your TR come to an end but I'm surely looking forward to your next one!!

Your meal at the plaza inn looked yummy! Even with the fancy paper plates. Banana split?! Yum!!! Totally drooling.

The plans for your upcoming trip sound amazing!!! I want to stay at the wilderness lodge so bad, so I can't wait to hear what you think about it. 40 ADRs? Wow. I'm totally jealous. Cannot wait to hear all about it! Have a magical time & safe travels! I hope it's not too hot while you are there.

Oh and I love E's camera strap. Polka dots are my favorite!

More comments to get caught up on and then some bonus content....

NOOOOO you can't be done! I have absolutely loved your TR! Your upcoming plans sound great, can't wait to read about it! One question, when you go it doesn't bother you to change resorts that many times? I have been thinking about a split stay, but not sure if I would like packing and changing rooms.

Awww thank you so much!

I love changing resorts since there's things that I love about each. I like to split up our stay so that we are not always at Epcot or MK or wherever - a change of scenery if you will. It also makes it easier logistically to get to some dining venues. For example, I book ADRs for Citricos, Ohana, GF Café etc when we are closer to those locations so that we don't have too much travel time and effort to get to them.

Ok, I probably wayyy over think this stuff but bottom line is we don't mind changing every few days.

You will be at WDW the same time as we will be!!! I will keep an eye out for you. Maybe we can meet someplace. We will be at Art of Animation Nemo suites from 8/25-8/29 then moving over to AKL until the 1st of Sept.
And as for water parks, depends on what you are more crazy for... Blizzard Beach has the best slides, but Typhoon Lagoon has the best wave pool (and you can swim with the sharks over there as well). I think Blizzard Beach is a bit better themed and maybe slightly nicer over all.

Hi Tiggerrn! You know what our smiling faces look like so if you see us please say hi!! We'll be at MK most of the day on the 26th if that narrows the possibility of bumping into each other! :)

Thanks for the water park intel! I'm leaning towards TL with that wave pool since the drops and plunges are not on my must do list. :thumbsup2

Have a safe and fabulous trip! Can't wait to read the next report. Please take lots of pics of WL. I love that place!

Have you ever considered coming in October for the Food and Wine Festival? It's my favorite time of year to visit WD. The Fall and Halloween decorations and F&W are fantastic.

Thanks Annie! I don't think I will be in jeopardy of taking too few photos!! :lmao:

Ahhhh F&W, I dream of visiting during that time but it's not worked out so far. Traveling with a minor, it's not really DD's thing so it's a harder sell for doing a girls trip with her for those dates and school is squarely in session....

So funny that you mention the fall decorations because last year when we were there in late August they magically appeared at the end of our trip around August 30th. It seemed early but I guess not. We may see the fall/Halloween decorations this trip as well.

I've only recently discovered DisBoards, and yours was the first trip report I started. I'm so glad I did. The report was so much fun, and I can't wait to hear about your next trip.

Hi Crepemyrtle! Welcome to the Disboards! Thank you so much for starting with my TR, I'm honored! :) Please stay tuned for the next report that will follow in a few weeks. :upsidedow

Hi Brenda! It's been a busy week, but I just wanted to check in from our plane. We'll be in WDW tomorrow!

As for your plans, all I can say is wow - 4 resorts! And I hope you can make it to a water park. If you're picking based on atmosphere, I'd go for Typhoon Lagoon - it's absolutely gorgeous, and there's nothing like chilling in the wave pool there. But overall, both water parks are great (and I'm sure they'll be extra enjoyable since we have waterproof MagicBands now). :goodvibes

Mr. DDW!! Thanks for checking in - from 30,000 feet!!

Heck I believe you have been to all 4 of those resorts! I keep adding a new one to our "collection".... :rotfl2:

I'm leaning towards TL as well thanks for the recommendation. I've seen your waterpark photos from earlier this year.

Good to know the magic bands are waterproof! Makes not having to carry your AP an added bonus with those.

Take care, have a great time and we will see you in a few days!! :dance3:

So sorry to see your awesome TR come to a close, but yeah for a trip just days away! :cool1: Seriously, what could be better?
!

I agree, the timing was pretty good. Finish this up.. go on another trip! Hmmm... that could be a good cycle! :)

I love how you closed out your last day. So many great pictures of the two of you. I just have to say that Merida's hair looks a little out of control. Does humidity do that to Disney wigs? I hate to see her in the summer. :rotfl2:

Can you imagine that big red wig in the summer? Argh! Too bad Merida can't put it in a ponytail!

I often need therapy when I come home too. It's always so hard to have to come home and clean up. yuck.

I hear ya!

49.8 lbs. :rotfl2: Phew, I thought I was cutting it close with 49.5 last October.

I remember that! Makes me nervous to be that close to the weight limit but I figure I could always throw one more thing into Em's carry on bag!! :rotfl2:

As far as your new plans - I love that you stay at so many resorts during your stay. It really makes things interesting. We are staying at BWV, SSR, and AKL in October. I thought it was one resort too many, but it should be fine. You are also so fortunate to get to take such a nice long trip. So jealous.

This trip started at 12 days and then evolved when I added another resort. :rolleyes: We'll see if it is too crazy! It may be the last time we do this many but 3 was fine last time for 10 days so 4 in 15 should be ok. :rolleyes1

Heck if we have to spend the $ to fly from CA I figure we may as well stay as long as we can. Plus the whole thing about getting our return on investment from the APs. :)

Denny and I tried Typhoon Lagoon in June and we really enjoyed it. We did a few slides, but really enjoyed the lazy river. I could have sat in one of those lounge chairs all afternoon, but we had an appointment with our DVC guide.

Looking forward to hearing about your new adventure. Have a great time!

Oh I'm so glad to hear that you enjoyed TL! The lazy river sounds so lovely and relaxing.

Thank you for the well wishes!

Hi, great end to your trip report. I also love breakfast at CRT, although this time we are trying lunch. We are also giving a waterpark a try this trip and keep going back and forth on which one to go to, I am thinking it will end up being a last minute decision. I hope we run into you guys while you are at the Yacht Club, if you see a little girl around 6 trying to strike up a converstion with everyone thats us :goodvibes

Thanks Gin!!

You'll have to let me know how you liked lunch at CRT. I think it's a different menu than dinner right? We're trying dinner there one night.

If you see us at the YC PLEASE say hi!!! Glad to know your DD is the outgoing friendly type - she'll not be scared of us!! ;)

Great report Brenda! Thk u

Your itinerary sounds awesome, so many great resorts and club level too..love it. Can't wait to hear all about it, especially the tours you are doing.

We loved blizzard beach better than typhoon...fun theming...although the big slide definitely will make you bottoms be gone. If you take the gondola up go on the raft down very nice. Either way though they are both fun parks.

Enjoy your trip!

Thanks so much Patti!! :goodvibes

I'll be sure to share our next trip!

Thanks for the water park advice! I definitely need to keep my bottoms intact! :crazy2:

Great report. :goodvibes

Thanks! :goodvibes

Yayayay!! Another TR! I can't believe 4 resorts!

I really enjoyed this whole trip... You and Em sure fit a lot into your trips!

I know, 4 resorts is CRAZY! We'll see if it works out. Thank you for the well wishes. :)

I absolutely loved this TR, Brenda! I love your sense of humor and hearing all about your mother-daughter fun! Your next trip sounds like it'll be fantastic, so excited for you!!

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

Hi Marissa! Thank you so much. I'm glad I could incorporate your schooling me on the Malestrom ride in this TR! ;) Oh, look it's a boat!!

I cannot believe this TR is over, so glad there will be another one coming soon! I am so jealous of all the time you get to spend at WDW for such long stretches. You get to stay at such awesome places!!

I loved your review of CRT. It's not that I didn't want to eat there but it just hasn't been very high on my list. Now you have me wanting to eat there.

I lost count of how many ADRs you had. You ate at some really great places. How many times have you been to WDW, more than you can count? That is my goal :lmao:

I don't think you are going to need those winter jackets in August!

Hi Melissa! Awww thanks!

Besides the wands and wishing stars and princesses, CRT delivers such great service and the food isn't bad either! Try it sometime. :thumbsup2

Ha ha! We ate wayyy too much, that's for sure. (25 ADRs to be exact without CL breakfasts.) Allow me to dispel any illusions now, I've only been to WDW 7 times. DL is officially 133 times but I'm not sure when they started to count on their website since it would be a lot more. (Disneyland's AP site tracks how many park admissions you have tied to your AP!) :)

You're funny! Our winter coats are resting comfortably in the closet! :rotfl2:

Love the ending of the TR. Not because it is the end, but because you ate at the Plaza...one of my favorites. :)

I enjoyed following along, as always. I will see you a week from today as we have planned at Tusker House...can't wait to meet you and Emily. :goodvibes

We prefer Typhoon Lagoon over Blizzard Beach. Too many stairs at Blizzard Beach, too big of drops and curves and I'm just too old for all that nonsense.

See you soon.

I remember that Plaza Inn is a tradition for you too! This trip sounds like you'll change it up a bit due to your tour!

I'm EXCITED to meet you and Mark next week!!! :banana: I might have to find a special hat to wear in Mark's honor. :laughing:

Ohhh, I'm glad you said TL over BB since I've pretty much decided on that water park.

Take care and I'll drop by your PTR/TR to catch up before long here.

I'm sad to see your TR come to an end but I'm surely looking forward to your next one!!

Your meal at the plaza inn looked yummy! Even with the fancy paper plates. Banana split?! Yum!!! Totally drooling.

The plans for your upcoming trip sound amazing!!! I want to stay at the wilderness lodge so bad, so I can't wait to hear what you think about it. 40 ADRs? Wow. I'm totally jealous. Cannot wait to hear all about it! Have a magical time & safe travels! I hope it's not too hot while you are there.

Oh and I love E's camera strap. Polka dots are my favorite!

Hi Jennifer!! Oh my that banana split was good - at least the bananas and the whip cream. :thumbsup2

40 ADRs really translates to a 10 lb weight gain! I'll be sure to pack my stretchy pants. Thanks for the best wishes! If they have a cold streak in the mid 80's I would be happy!

Oh, I love that camera strap as well. She got that from Amazon.com.

Take care!

And speaking of Peachmermaid (Jennifer).... since I have her permission to share. (thanks sweetie!)...

My DH (Michael) had the pleasure of meeting Jennifer and her husband at D-land last night.

She is cute and adorable and could be one of my kids! Here's a couple photos!

IMG_0065.jpg

IMG_0067.jpg

IMG_0074.jpg

Thank you Jennifer for meeting up with us. It was a complete pleasure!

And to finish the evening.... I struck up a conversation with Bob, the CM who does the silhouettes on Main Street. He also works in the camera shop where I first met him. He assigned me a mission while at WDW - to get a silhouette from one of their 3 locations (contract workers not Disney employees) and compare the artistry with that of the Disney employed CM on Main Street at Disneyland. With that he insisted and Michael agreed that I needed to sit for a silhouette. (ack! I don't like that!)

IMG_0078.jpg

Bonus Installment Part 4 - Disney's Grand Californian Hotel - July 2013

Saturday July 20, 2013

Since DL and DCA alternate Magic Morning hours, this day it was D-land who had early entry at 7am. Em and I were miraculously up and at 'em at that time so we could enjoy some park time before DH (Michael) arrived for our breakfast reservation at Storytellers at 9am.

The very low tech way of identifying hotel guests:
DSCN1289.jpg

There was only 1 ride that wooed me from my bed so early in the morning and that is the prospect of riding Peter Pan without the 45 minute wait! Yes, even at DLR the lines are crazy for that ride. And there's no Fastpass!

But first, we posed in front of Sleeping Beauty's castle:
DSCN1305.jpg

DSCN1313.jpg

Next, Em wanted to see some princesses so we headed to a nearly deserted Princess Fantasy Faire courtyard.

DSCN1349.jpg

DSCN1357.jpg

Gotta say that I'm not a fan of our princess photos but I'll post one just for good measure. There was Cinderella, Ariel and Aurora holding court that morning.

DSCN1364.jpg

Michael had arrived at the hotel so we decided to leave the park and head over a little early for breakfast. On our way through Downtown Disney we ran into our Walk in Walt's Footsteps tour guide.

DSCN1377.jpg

Storytellers Café offers a character buffet that includes Chip, Dale, Meeko, Brother Bear, and some little bear dude. No Mickey or Minnie here.

Why certainly! We'll pose for another photo!
DSCN1393.jpg

DSCN1443.jpg

And now may I present the BEST part of the meal....
DSCN1445.jpg

DSCN1450.jpg

DSCN1451.jpg

We turned the scare on for this one... Grrrrr
DSCN1452.jpg

Following breakfast we checked out the areas of the resort we had not seen like the pool area and the lounges.

Daddy and Em
DSCN1489.jpg

Em had plans for the rest of the weekend so she packed up and left - while Michael had some business to attend to so that left me on my own for several hours. Hmmm... what to do?? Solo time at DCA sounded like a plan.

Cute Minnie (small) stage show:
DSCN1509.jpg

Any guesses where this is??
DSCN1511.jpg

This is a give away!
DSCN1529.jpg

Yep! Single rider for Soarin' with a 5 minute wait!
DSCN1527.jpg

Next up was some fun in the Paradise Pier area
DSCN1543.jpg

DSCN1548.jpg

And then.... I had been wanting to try the Cove Bar since I'd read a Diser's review (Mr. DonaldDoleWhip himself) of this place and I couldn't pass it up since it was now noon and well, I had nothing better to do.

DSCN1552.jpg

I was seated at a table right next to the railing with a gorgeous view of the pier area.

DSCN1567.jpg

DSCN1590.jpg

I went fully intending to have a Bloody Mary of something boring. But then I saw the drink menu and spied something that I had not tried at either DL or WDW...Oh yeah - The Pina Colava!

DSCN1556.jpg

Oh my gosh!! This was so good! My first impression was that it tasted like a raspberry zinger with the coconut and the raspberry.

DSCN1569.jpg

I stopped at one drink but that doesn't mean that I didn't have another one.... very soon.... at another bar....

To be continued

Next Bonus Installment Update

Bonus Installment Part 5 - Disney's Grand Californian Hotel - July 2013

Following my delightful discovery of how amazing Pina Colava's truly are I decided to make a visit to Ariel and her Undersea Adventure. Let me tell you, this "adventure" is the exact same as the MK version - except for the queue which is downright non-existent in DCA. But who am I to make note of something so petty since when did I last imaginear anything??

DSCN1596.jpg

Michael had texted me that he was back at the resort so we met up and decided to check out the Disneyland Hotel area. Since it was starting to rain we ducked into Trader Sam's Bar and were welcomed with a hearty "Aloooo-ha" They were certainly friendly.

DSCN1631.jpg

Inside of the bar. This was a really fun place to hang out!
DSCN1633.jpg

I didn't need a bar menu to know that I wanted another one of those Pina Colavas! My new favorite cocktail! The waiter was very friendly and when he found out that we were celebrating our anniversary he brought us anniversary buttons.

DSCN1658.jpg

We would have stayed longer and enjoyed the festive atmosphere (and watch this guy make the moves on every woman who sat down at the bar but since I don't frequent bars I have no clue if that is normal male behavior!! ;))

Moving on to dinner.... We had reservations at Napa Rose right at the Grand Californian hotel. When we checked in I said to Michael that the restaurant had the same look/feel as California Grill at the Contemporary Resort. He agreed. However the hostess gal said that this was a sister restaurant to one at the Grand Floridian. Hmmm.... I couldn't figure out which one since it wasn't similar to Citricos or Narcoosees. I've never been to Victoria & Albert's so no frame of reference there but I did say that it reminds me of another restaurant. She actually came back to our table several minutes later and confirmed my suspicions - it is the sister restaurant to California Grill. Hmph!

DSCN1721.jpg

DSCN1691.jpg

What, a gift for me?? You shouldn't have!
DSCN1714.jpg

It was an adorable Bambi tank top for our upcoming girl trip. He scored points for that. He knows me so well - as I suppose he should considering...
DSCN1716.jpg

My dinner cocktail of choice was this to start:
DSCN1720.jpg

Followed by this - a Sonoma Cab:
DSCN1752.jpg

Mmmm Bread with olives. (oh, shades of Citricos!) I was proud of myself, I only had a bite!
DSCN1728.jpg

close up:
DSCN1730.jpg

Buffalo carpaccio appetizer - we split this
DSCN1734.jpg

For my entrée I chose the braised beef shortribs - ohhh so delicious!
DSCN1754.jpg

Michael had the lamb:
DSCN1755.jpg

I must have made him come sit by me for a photo. Apparently he didn't refuse:
DSCN1761.jpg

An anniversary dessert that consisted of something chocolate so I passed. I ate the little shortbread squares that were a garnish though!
DSCN1769.jpg

Together now:
DSCN1780.jpg

My eyes are getting too old to read fine print otherwise known as a receipt - yikes!!

DSCN1783.jpg

This was an absolutely wonderful meal. The service was outstanding, the food was amazing, and the restaurant was beautiful. I would definitely return!

Next Up - Our last day at the Grand Californian Hotel

Ok just when I thought we were done we get more! Woohoo

We're to start... Your wonderful time by yourself looking at the pier..how wonderful and that piña colava..yummy..I could have one now at 7am lol
How fun is that trader Sams bar. Love the theming. Funny about bartender.

What a wonderful anniversary dinner. Love the tank top very cute. You guys look great together ;)

Hahaha wow, what a great way to identify hotel guests, not like THAT could be copied! Lol
Ooh Sleeping Beauty's castle is just adorable! I love it. I need to see it some day.
The Princess fantasy faire courtyard is really cute to, too bad you're not a fan of your princess photos though.
Breakfast looks fun and yummy. That does seem like a slightly odd mix of characters to me, but oh well, it's characters at Disneyland!
Your solo time looks fun, I'm going to have to google that Minnie show, it looks cute.
The Soarin queue looks so different!
Great view from the Cove Bar, that whole pier area is gorgeous. See now, I wish I liked alcoholic drinks! They look so good and fun, especially that piña colava, but I just can't stand the taste of alcohol, and it's always just too boring to order virgin versions of the drinks! Rofl
Ooh your anniversary dinner looks really lovely. And the food looks good too! Glad you enjoyed it!

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

Boo to the TR being over but Yea :cheer2: for the Bonus content! Everytime I see DL, I want to go there next.

I love that Em still wants to go on trips with you. I hope my girls do as they get older!

I hear ya on the eyes making it hard to read the receipts...I'm still in denial though! :rolleyes2

Have fun on your trip! We all can't wait to read all about it!

Christine

So sad to see your TR coming to an end (Boo!!!) However it seemed like a lovely last day minus that whole ME bus ;) I love your DL installments, I really want to head out there one day (hoping in 2015!) and seeing your pictures makes me want to go sooner :) Also, happy anniversary!

How exciting you will be back in WDW!! We miss each other by a week!

I love the Piña Colava! I found it when we were at AKL in June and now that is the only one I will order. Oh and the glow-tini too! Looks like you had a great dinner with Michael!

And yes I can try to bribe my SIL. Why didn't I think of that? Haha

Ooh bonus DL content - Brenda you are spoiling us !!

Just love the photos of you and Michael at Napa Rose, what a perfect way to spend your anniversary :)

Hope you and Em have a fab trip, you are staying at some wonderful resorts - be sure to have a Piña Colava for me ;)

Ok just when I thought we were done we get more! Woohoo

We're to start... Your wonderful time by yourself looking at the pier..how wonderful and that piña colava..yummy..I could have one now at 7am lol
How fun is that trader Sams bar. Love the theming. Funny about bartender.

What a wonderful anniversary dinner. Love the tank top very cute. You guys look great together ;)

Don't go too far away Patti... another update coming in a few minutes!! :p

Those pina colavas were the BEST drink ever! I don't know why I didn't try those before. Trader Sams was a lot of fun.

thanks! I loved the shirt. :)

Hahaha wow, what a great way to identify hotel guests, not like THAT could be copied! Lol
Ooh Sleeping Beauty's castle is just adorable! I love it. I need to see it some day.
The Princess fantasy faire courtyard is really cute to, too bad you're not a fan of your princess photos though.
Breakfast looks fun and yummy. That does seem like a slightly odd mix of characters to me, but oh well, it's characters at Disneyland!
Your solo time looks fun, I'm going to have to google that Minnie show, it looks cute.
The Soarin queue looks so different!
Great view from the Cove Bar, that whole pier area is gorgeous. See now, I wish I liked alcoholic drinks! They look so good and fun, especially that piña colava, but I just can't stand the taste of alcohol, and it's always just too boring to order virgin versions of the drinks! Rofl
Ooh your anniversary dinner looks really lovely. And the food looks good too! Glad you enjoyed it!

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

Isn't that funny that they identify the EMH park guests with a piece of paper?? You show your hotel key when you enter and then get past the ropes where they hold back the non-hotel guests at the entrance to the "lands".

Uh yeah... our photos weren't that great.:eek:

I love love love the Soarin' queue in CA. They pay tribute to the Challenger crew and the Columbia space shuttles among other milestones in air and space programs.

At least you'll never be caught dancing on tables from over-doing it with the cocktails. For the record, I have NEVER done that! :rolleyes:

Boo to the TR being over but Yea :cheer2: for the Bonus content! Everytime I see DL, I want to go there next.

I love that Em still wants to go on trips with you. I hope my girls do as they get older!

I hear ya on the eyes making it hard to read the receipts...I'm still in denial though! :rolleyes2

Have fun on your trip! We all can't wait to read all about it!

Christine

Hi there Christine! Thank you for following along even with the bonus stuff.

I love that Em is still excited to travel with me too. I'm blessed. :)

I just thought it was the lighting in the restaurant was the reason why I couldn't read the receipt!! :crazy2:

Thanks and I look forward to sharing our next trip.

So sad to see your TR coming to an end (Boo!!!) However it seemed like a lovely last day minus that whole ME bus ;) I love your DL installments, I really want to head out there one day (hoping in 2015!) and seeing your pictures makes me want to go sooner :) Also, happy anniversary!

How exciting you will be back in WDW!! We miss each other by a week!

Thanks Sarah! I forgot that your trip is so soon! How exciting for you and your adorable girls. :goodvibes

Come out to CA in 2015 and enjoy DL and DCA! :woohoo:

I love the Piña Colava! I found it when we were at AKL in June and now that is the only one I will order. Oh and the glow-tini too! Looks like you had a great dinner with Michael!

And yes I can try to bribe my SIL. Why didn't I think of that? Haha

See - another pina colava fan!!! I'm sure I will see those everywhere now. The glowtini thing wasn't that good. Not my kind of drink!

And yes, dinner at Napa Rose with DH was wonderful!

Loving the bonus DL report! Thanks for sharing with us

Hi Jill! Thanks! I'm glad you liked the mini TR within a TR! :)

Ooh bonus DL content - Brenda you are spoiling us !!

Just love the photos of you and Michael at Napa Rose, what a perfect way to spend your anniversary :)

Hope you and Em have a fab trip, you are staying at some wonderful resorts - be sure to have a Piña Colava for me ;)

Hi Linda! I know you loved Napa Rose as well so I thought of you when we were there.

Oh NO PROBLEM! One Pina Colava for you in on the list!

Thanks for the well wishes! :goodvibes

Grand Californian Hotel - July 2013 Bonus Content Part 6:

Today was early entry hours for DCA park which made it convenient to walk right out the back door of the hotel and step into California Adventure! For us early morning types that is no problem but some people need a little extra help. (I'm not naming names here but since we are a party of two I think you can figure it out!)

Our goal was to hit up the single ride that 98% of everyone entering the park early would head towards - Radiator Springs Racers.

On our way to RSR, I spied Grizzly River Rapids minus the rapids - no water!
DSCN1793.jpg

Empty Park:
DSCN1794.jpg

Found everyone!
DSCN1801.jpg

The line wasn't 50 minutes. It was more like 20 minutes.
DSCN1805.jpg

I haven't paid attention to the signs in the past. Apparently there is story behind the theming of the bottles in the wall. They are "authentic" bottles that were used in days gone by for oil. Very interesting.

DSCN1824.jpg

DSCN1830.jpg

DSCN1870.jpg

Thirsty??
DSCN1871.jpg

You mean this isn't where you wash your hands?
DSCN1873.jpg

DSCN1874.jpg

Next up... Toy Story Mania with a 5 minute wait!
DSCN1897.jpg

DSCN1902.jpg

Goofy's Sky School with its menacing turns - hold on to your hats and glasses on this one!

DSCN1915.jpg

DSCN1921.jpg

After a tour of Ariel's Undersea Adventure we were ready to eat breakfast. We went to White Water Snacks. I got a breakfast burrito which was entirely excellent.

DSCN1970.jpg

As odd as it seemed we were ready to call it a day so early. I had some work to catch up on before Monday so we decided to check out and head home. I know, so lame.

View from room:
DSCN1977.jpg

So there you have it! A mini trip report within a trip report has now concluded! :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter