"There's so many people it's a giraffeic jam" March TR **TRIP COMPLETE**

March 24th

Today was officially not the weekend and even though crowds yesterday weren’t horrible they were a little more than we were planning for, so we were excited to see what today would bring. The morning started again with the alarm going off at 6:00am. Once again we got dressed and ready and were out the door by 7:15am. We ended up getting a bus all to ourselves, the only time we seemed to have choices of seats were that early in the morning. With the unknown health issue that I was having the doctor prescribed me 800mg ibuprofen for inflammation

We were through bag check and in line by 7:51am (according to the time stamp)

About 8:15am it started to sprinkle, not a downpour but enough for some people to bring out umbrellas and apparently take a small step forward. :rolleyes:

The person behind me was getting awfully close to me, teaching pre-k I’m used to having no personal space, but when adults get really close it is a little weird. :crowded:

The man in front of us was all knowing, he kept sharing information and tips with the people behind us, and they wanted to go meet Anna and Elsa, but wanted to stop for breakfast first. Both of us shook our heads and told them not the best idea.

Our FP times for the day:
Mission: SPACE 10:00am-11:00am
Test Track 11:00am-12:00pm
Illuminations

The CM at the gate told us that when the music started it was “game time”, the park officially opened at 8:50 and then the madness ensued. Everywhere you looked people were running. Parents dragging their children and running other people over with strollers, it seriously reminded me of the scene from Ben Hur. We huffed it to Test Track where only 1/3 of the crowd was headed.
We were designing our car by 8:59am (time stamp says so).

We were done and didn’t have anywhere to be for a while, so we decided to go to Spaceship Earth.

It said 15 minutes but took all of 10 maybe. Before we got to the Roman scene the ride stopped, for about 3 minutes but then we were moving again (one of the several times during the trip the ride we were on stopped). :confused3

By the time we got off the rain was a little more consistent but not enough for an umbrella or a poncho, with my Dad still getting over pneumonia, I was under strict orders from everyone in my family that my Dad wasn’t allowed to get wet or cold, no need him relapsing and getting sick again. :sick:

We mosied on back to Mission Space and decided we had enough time before our next FP that we would plant ourselves on the bench outside of Mousegears and people watch/take a break. This was the time when we really noticed that there were so many bands in town, the majority of each group we saw were wearing matching shirts that said “blah blah band Trip 2014” (last year my Mom and I didn’t see many or if we did not as many).

When the FP window opened we walked to Mission Space and after some deliberation decided on the green side, no need testing the orange side for the first time in forever and making ourselves sick.
We were teamed up with some boys, about 10 and 12, they were fun and thankfully remembered their job and we survived the mission.

(That's a nice picture of my finger huh? ha ha)

I stopped to take a picture and a pa-paw (that's what I call an old man) decided to talk to me about how crazy the fastpass return line was longer then the regular window, I was telling him that we saw that yesterday at AK for EE but it moved quickly, he said ‘that’s just crazy, have a good day” then walked away, ooookkkk then. :confused3

We walked to Test Track and noticed pa-paw was right, FP return line was long. We had about 2 minutes until the window opened but the day before it took a while to get to the reader, so we got into the line and waited, the people behind us were very vocal about how much they were unhappy about it though. I kept saying to my Dad but also out loud hoping they would hear us that yes the line was moving and we would be in soon.

By 11:09 we were standing on our number and 7 minutes later designing our car. All in all I think we waited 10 minutes from getting in line to sitting in our car.

I told my Dad where the camera was this time around and he wanted to pose too so he was happy he did. :)

We had decided beforehand that we were going to eat in Mexico, yeah so much for thinking outside the box but in reality that was the only thing that we both knew we would eat.
However, eating lunch at noon was the same idea that everyone else had. So we did something that I’m not a fan of (we only did it twice all trip, promise) I sent my Dad to a table and I went to order. We lucked out seriously, we walked by a table just as they were getting up. Whoo hoo. :cool1:

We were walking out by 12:27pm (time stamp) and decided to huff it around World Showcase until we got to Japan.

I planned on getting another Pick-A-Pearl. We stopped at the potty in Norway and commented about all the crazies waiting in line for Anna and Elsa, I’m sorry I just could not see myself waiting for more than 30 minutes for any character. My Dad kept saying “I wouldn’t wait 5 hours to meet the Pope” :rotfl2:

(see Pa-Paw in the scooter, he almost ran me over) :drive:

(I love how those people seem like they’re smiling for my picture, they’re not though someone else is taking their picture :) )

We stopped for some Photopass pictures, then kept going.

It was about this time during the trip that I realized my camera has pretty good stabilizer on it, it’s not an overly expensive or fancy camera but it’s nice. A good chunk of my pictures were taken as a walk and snap.

We got to Japan at 12:48pm

I paid for my pearl chucking and got in line. I was scoping out the oysters and trying to find the ugliest hairiest one. I narrowed it down to 2 and waited for the lady in front of me to finish. She got a silver one! It was so pretty, I was a little jealous, no lie but I wanted to see what I was going to get.

In the end I got a pretty white one, I got a goldish one last time so it is different from my last one. The CM told us 20 minutes until it was ready so we found a bench and parked ourselves. 22 minutes later, I went back and got my pearl, I love how it turned out!! ::yes:: :love:

After Japan we had come to the conclusion we were in need of a break, we were both a little crankity (cranky as a 4 year old says). But I had decided I wanted to go to France and buy me a little something something. I had decided before we came that I wanted the La Vie en Rose frozen slush, so I happily walked that way to sadly learn that they were out and wouldn’t have any more until later in the day. So I walked back and bought a Grand Marnier slush instead. I was happy with my choice but that wasn’t what I had really wanted.

It was still tasty though. So I walked back and drank some of it. The plan was to take the Friendship boat to Canada then head out.

I didn’t want to take my drink on the boat, so I sipped quickly my drink. I could have taken longer but we had our mind on heading out. So at the last 3 sips I inhaled them, not the best idea in the end….

We were on the boat by 2:00ish and picked seats in the back. I took some pictures on the short relaxing ride back.

My Dad had heard stories about Club Cool and the free sodas, so after some more pictures we decided to head that way.

(I showed this picture to my class and they freaked out! They thought it was so cool!)

So we stopped for some photopass pictures before we went to scar our taste buds for the day.

When we were there, I told him to drink all the others and save the Beverly for the end. We tested them, the only soda I’ve had in a year, it was crazy how sweet they tasted to me. We were standing with our cups ready to get the Beverly when a little boy jumped in front of us and filled his cup all the way to the top. He chugged half of his cup then flipped out when he realize what he was drinking. He was jumping up and down and then spit what was left of the Beverly into the draining part on the soda dispenser, then as he walked away he looked at me and said “so much worse than I expected”. The CM that worked there commented about how the Beverly tastes horrible but it’s a rite of passage to drink it.

My Dad looked at me and mumbled something to the nature of “I’ve changed my mind”

I told him to go first, no need to see my reaction before he went, because he would possibly back out.

Then my turn, no change….. I kept saying “It’s worse than it was last year, it’s like nail polish remover… and butt”.

My Dad found a mini coke bottle piggy bank, he has one that’s like 3 feet tall, and so he wanted to buy the mini one instead.

We went over to Mousegears to do some shopping. I have a tradition of buying someone special from each park (magnet, mug, etc.) I had purchased a Tree of Life picture holder the day before. I ended up buying an EPCOT shirt and Flower and Garden cup, key chain, and magnet. When I got my cup home I saw it broke, luckily I superglued it back together and so far it seems to have held up pretty good.

We stopped for one more photopass picture before we headed out.

The night before at MK we saw some lady wearing a glitter miniskirt, a glittery cowboy hat with some mickey ears attached. I’m not one to make fun of someone but sometimes there are just things that you shouldn’t wear in public let alone on a vacation. I didn’t get a chance to take a picture of her the day before but guess what we saw her again and I know for a fact that I wasn’t the only one looking on in confusion/awe?

We stopped for one more picture before we left for the day.

We got back to the room and I decided to lay down. Apparently I was tired…. Don’t know if it was the drink on an empty stomach or the fact that I had 3 hours of sleep the night before.

I woke up at about 5:45, after about an hour and a half nap and felt great. We got ready and were out the door by 6:15 and according to the time stamp again, walking in at 6:40. The only plan on our list for the evening was to eat dinner and watch Illuminations.
We decided on Sunshine Seasons because we figured it would be easier to get a seat and find something we liked to eat.

(Ok so not all my walk and shot pictures are clear ha ha)

At 7:30 (time stamp says so) we got food and found a spot in the corner to eat. We took our time and didn’t rush through dinner.

We decided by 8:00 we decided that it was about time to head out, since we had FP for Illuminations we weren’t 100% sure where we were supposed to meet.

The FP said check in for Illuminations by 8:35-8:55, so we wanted to be nearby around that time. I had tweaked our FP a few weeks before and I wasn’t sure they would stick. I was at work one morning when I saw on Facebook that there was a way to get all 3 FP at EPCOT and HS as Tier 1 FP (they’ve changed it like 10 hours later) so I texted my Dad and asked him about if we should do it or not and he said yes, so at lunchtime I got on and changed it around. It had worked so we got a FP for Illuminations whoo hoo. I asked a nice CM where to go and he pointed in a super obvious direction and we went to go stand in line with the other people.

At 8:30 they let us in and we found a rail spot next to the store to watch it from.

Some ducks were walking around so of course everyone takes pictures and talks to them, me included.

I really liked how they set this up, seemed less chaotic then trying to find a spot or being super close to people.
Lots of extra room.

9:00pm rolls around and Illuminations started. I tried to take pictures not really trying to get pictures, but pushing the button and hoping for the best.

When Illuminations was over we stayed and waited while the masses were leaving.

Look a bunny!

About 9:30 we decided to head out and fight the bus crowd.

As we were walking out I saw some slightly intoxicated people trying to take a selfie with Spaceship Earth behind them and it wasn’t working apparently, so I kindly offered. They seemed happy afterwards! :)

We made it to the bus stop and lucked out again, there was a bus there when we walked up, it was already full so we had to stand but we decided standing on the bus was better than standing and waiting in line for a bus.

We made it to our room by 9:42pm (texted my Mom) and watched some tv for a while. I walked outside and sat on the stairs and called my Mom. I showered then called it a night, by Midnight.

Step Count: 19,874

Next up: “It’s a tv show on Fox that no one watches”​

Enjoying your report, we were there the same week along with everybody else. I totally agree that there must have been some faulty guns on Buzz, can't think of any other reasonable explanation how I lost to my wife TWICE :confused3

Hello! I am here! I am an early childhood major and have been doing my student teaching this semester. I will graduate in May! :cool1: I currently am a teachers assistant in a toddler classroom however.
We are going to the world in Feb/March 2015! I love all the pictures and so far looks like you & your dad are having a GREAT trip!! Can't wait to read more!:thumbsup2

I am really enjoying your trip report cannot wait to see the rest of it

Enjoying your report, we were there the same week along with everybody else. I totally agree that there must have been some faulty guns on Buzz, can't think of any other reasonable explanation how I lost to my wife TWICE :confused3

I know! :eek: I never lose and this time I did! But I ended up winning again later in the trip!! (a few times too) ;) :woohoo:

Hello! I am here! I am an early childhood major and have been doing my student teaching this semester. I will graduate in May! :cool1: I currently am a teachers assistant in a toddler classroom however.
We are going to the world in Feb/March 2015! I love all the pictures and so far looks like you & your dad are having a GREAT trip!! Can't wait to read more!:thumbsup2

Thanks for following along! :wave2: Congrats on graduation!:cheer2: Toddler’s aren’t much different from Pre-K so you understand the everyday craziness. :jumping1: Have a great trip next year! It will be here before you know it! :)

Great report so far!

Thanks! :)

March 25th

This morning we all woke up with the crankities, goodness. We silently dragged ourselves to the bus stop and waited. In the end we waited about 15 minutes for the bus and were leaving the resort about 7:45am. Since there were only 3 families on the bus and we got on first, I picked a seat in the back corner because I wanted to take a picture of the entrance :)

We made it through bag check quickly and found a spot near the planter on the right side. The people quickly started filing in and before you knew it, it was packed and the welcome show was starting. I always get a little emotional when I watch it :sad:

8:50 and we were walking down Main Street, I had seen the castle the other night but there is just something about walking down the street in the morning when the park opens with the music playing, if we weren’t so crankity I think I would have become more emotional.

Fastpass plans for the day:

Be Our Guest Lunch 11:25-11:55
Splash Mountain 1:10-2:10
Big Thunder Mountain 2:10-3:10
Space Mountain 7:00-8:00

Since we had one and a half more days planned at MK we had decided to head into Adventureland first and ride Pirates and whatever else we can :goodvibes

We made it to the entrance of Adventureland and it was closed off, so we sat down and my bladder had decided that now was the perfect time to bother me, I walked back to the bathroom by Crystal Palace and then walked back right as they were opening.

(I love the crowds in the morning, duh ha ha.)

We walked on to Pirates and talked about how different the crowds are in the morning then in the evening.

We had a boat/traffic jam and of course it made for a decent picture :)

When we were done we ventured off around and took the long way around passed by Splash and talked about how we had a lunch FP for it later in the day.

We mosied on around Frontierland until we passed Chip and Dale, there wasn’t much of a line but I really didn’t feel like meeting them, I knew my Dad wasn’t big on meeting characters so we kept going. We got to Liberty Square and I wanted to stop into The Yankee Trader to look at some Haunted Mansion stuff, but apparently at 10:00 it isn’t open yet.

We noticed that the wait for The Haunted Mansion was only 10 minutes so we went on it. I guess in the morning when the line isn’t long you don’t have to go through the cemetery like they make you later in the day. We skipped that part of the line and walked right on.

We got stuck in the cemetery scene for about 5 minutes. Which is ok, I kept signing to myself :) :rotfl:

We were done and still had loads of time until lunch no fastpasses until 1, so we mosied on towards It’s A Small World. For months on end, my Dad was anti-IASW not because he dislikes it or anything but maybe it’s too cheery? Who knows, but we ended up going on. Guess what I got! Whoo hoo. :thumbsup2::yes::

(I was so excited that I was almost on the ride when I remembered I had it, opps)

My Dad might have dosed off for a few seconds during the ride... shh…
We finished and it was about 10:00 and we still didn’t have anywhere to be for an hour and a half.

So we stopped and asked the Be Our Guest what we do when our window opens, I also wanted to make sure it was still ‘valid’ I didn’t want to walk up and them say no, so to be safe we asked. The CM was nice and told me to come back at 11:25 and check in with them.

With that solved we mosied on and saw a photopass guy, so we got pictures.

(we finished the picture and the guy told us to lean the other way, he didn’t want us to have pictures with extra people standing in line in the back)

(Better :) )

When we were done with those we kept walking and noticing a crowd of people, so of course curiosity told us to go see why.

They were filming for the Middle :happytv:

I tried to explain to my Dad that it was a tv show, but that I’ve never seen it ha ha.​

We kept on going, again with no real plan. Thankfully our crankies were going away :thumbsup2

We walked until we got to Storybook Circus..

(See ha ha)

We decided to get on the train, since we haven’t yet and it was still early so we would get seats.

We got on and found our seat and guess who was working, Barbara. I love that lady, I see her every time I go but she’s always ‘doing something’. She was the CM who told the conductor to hold and stuff. When we were all on and getting ready to leave, she walks right by us and says loudly ‘All Aboard’ then looks at us and says “Man, I got a big mouth” ha ha. She’s great!! :rotfl:

(afternoon crowds coming in at 10:34am)

We made it all the way back to Fantasyland and got off there. We walked by them filming still and some guy was explaining to his friends what the Middle is “It’s a show on Fox nobody watches” dude it’s on ABC and yes no one watches it ha ha.

By the time we got back to Be Our Guest it was 11:23, but they let us by 2 minutes early. While we were walking by we heard the CM say that the wait was 1 and a half hours.

(took this picture at 11:25am, time stamp says)

Then took this picture 11:30am (again time stamp)

We were seated and eating by 11:35ish. Last time my Mom and I sat in the ballroom and my Dad said this time he didn’t care. Part of me wanted to sit in the West Wing but I was afraid I would fall asleep ha ha so we settled on the library. We got a seat right as you walk in to the left.

(yummy!)

(thanks Dad ha ha)

Then I went to take a picture of my cupcake, like a good girl and my camera had a heck of a time finding the right focal point. So I used my phone.

Then I tried one more time to take a picture, then smushed my finger in my cupcake. A little smush but a smush nonetheless :sad:

We finished eating and my Dad still wanted to see the other rooms and the enchanted rose so we grabbed our cups and off we went.

We finished lunch about 12:30 and still had 40 minutes until our FP window opened so we slowly mosied our way to Frontierland. Half of the slowness was because we were full, the other half was because we ran into this… :scared: :crowded:

(holy crowds batman!) :worried:

People as far as the eye can see. We were in Liberty Square and I kept pointing to the ground and telling my Dad “Don’t step in the poo” the poor lady next to him honestly thought there was poo on the floor she look horrified and stared at the ground as she was walking :rotfl: Clearly I was talking about the brown pathway/asphalt, not actual poo ;)

Look more people still :crazy2:

We got to the bridge over Splash Mountain (after the drop/splash not the actual drop bridge) and just watched people be on the ride for a while. Also, we watched it stop, twice.

I went to the bathroom one more time then came back and put electronics in bags, just in case and went to get in line.

The Fastpass line moved quick, 11 minutes from the time we got in line to the time we got on the boat (I checked one last time then put my phone away lol) not bad when the wait was 60 minutes.

We ended up first row… ugh… ha ha :thumbsup2 Luckily the people behind us we fun.

(can’t tell by my Dad got soaked)

We got to the spot where it seems all the boats get stuck and the waterfall was full force, poor people in front of us and my Dad (lol) got soaked. After a few minutes, guess they realized that cause they turned it off.

My Dad decided since it was only the low 60’s and cloudy with some wind, he needed a new shirt. He did want to get sick, plus if he did my Nana (his Mom) would come beat me up.

(my attempt to figure out what is going on with my hair :crazy2: ha ha)

(my Dad and his new shirt)

I texted my Mom that picture and she thought the bag my Dad was carrying was a present for her ha ha, nope sorry Mom.

Afterwards we had about 10 minutes until our next FP window opened so we stood tried to dry off a bit, my booty got wet ha ha.

We got in the Big Thunder FP line a few minutes early because it was snaking all the way around by the exit, so by the time we got to the front our window opened.

No pictures, for whatever reason…. Ha ha sorry :sad:

By the time we were done it was 2:30 so we decided to go find a spot for the parade since we were at the start we wouldn’t be standing to long.

We found a little spot right in front of the churro stand, perfect! Ha ha

So of course we grabbed one :hyper:

And waited for the parade to start. My Dad had a business call to make (since he owns a business they all knew he was going to be gone, expect one ha ha) and of course when he makes a call the marching bands just happen to walk by ha ha. I couldn’t stop laughing when he kept saying “hold on a band… ok what… hold on another band” Eventually he got the conversation taken care of.

2:51pm (time stamp) the parade started! YAY!

I had purposefully avoided any youtube clips of the parade because I didn’t want it to be ruined. And yes I did take a bunch of pictures! Enjoy… or keep scrolling up to you…

I LOVED IT!!! Well worth not watching it before hand! :thumbsup2:lovestruc:

When the parade was over we waited a bit then mosied on to the exit, we needed a break!!

We got back to the room by 4:00 (guessing, surprised no pictures or texts to prove it). We charged phones and relaxed. I went to refill our mugs and I ate some sour patch kids!​

We had a 7:00 FP so we ventured out about 6:00, a little shorter of a break but still a break. We got in the door and to SM by 6:55pm.

We got in line thinking the line would move slowly, but it didn’t so we got out of line then turned around and got back in. The people in front of us had a 7:10pm FP and were a little upset when they couldn’t get in early.

By the time we got back into the line it was time to go. Obviously I didn’t pay attention what side we were walking on to, how do I know I didn’t know…
the picture proves it :rotfl:

Opps (we were on Alpha side and I thought Omega…) Can we just say “I meant to do that” ha ha ::yes::

We were done and we were hungry. Our plan was to watch the fireworks and Celebrate the Magic and we had decided that morning that we wanted to watch them from the Tomorrowland bridge closest to Mainstreet (the actual Tomorrowland enterance) and we wanted to get a seat by 8:00ish. Oh yeah but first, food. We were aiming for Tomorrowland Terrance or Cosmic Rays. We went to TT first and good cow was it full and there were only like 2 tables so we said Cosmic Rays instead. It was about now that we felt a little chill in the air, not much but a bit.

We get to Cosmic Rays and notice there are some tables but not a lot, but again, we lucked out and got a table on the higher level by Sonny. We couldn’t really see him but we could hear him.

We finished eating and made our way to the TL bridge, we got primo seats and sat down. About 10 minutes after we sat down we realized it suddenly got really freakin cold. Just above too cold to bare, we could have probably toughed it out but we probably would have been super crankity and sick. So I said I would go check Mickey’s Star Trader and see what they in the way of jackets. When I walked in I realized it was not the only one who felt cold, everyone in there that did not have a jacket was looking at them. I saw some that would fit for the night but not be comfortable so I vetoed those and went back to my Dad. When I got there he said he needed a jacket, it was too cold. So at 8:20 I became a crazy person who decided to fight the crowds to the Emporium and buy something there. Yeah…. I’m crazy.

I hit the hub and between the construction and crowds it was single file one way all the way to the Emporium. I had flashbacks to my concert days, elbows in the back, people pushing you from all sides :crowded: Finally I made it to the crossing in front of Casey’s and the ice cream parlor, I snaked my way around people who were walking slow or stopping to take pictures.

I walked into the Emporium and oh my gracious it was packed, I again maneuvered my way to the men’s section to find something for my Dad, got it, then I walked to the women’s section and found myself something. Then came the fun part, paying. All the main registers had lines 10-15 people long, so I went to the register in the back that’s next to Casey’s, luckily there were only 2 people in front of me, all buying jackets. I paid and the CM cut the tags off for me and I grabbed them and exited through Casey’s.

I texted my Dad at 8:23pm saying “Got them. Heading back” which my Dad responded “run” and darn near run I did. It took me 14 minutes to get back and when I did, I put on my jacket and was a happy camper, best souvenir of the trip! (I still wear it every day to work :thumbsup2 :))

We listened to the Electrical Parade as it drove by and waited some more, at this point people starting leaning up against the railing and standing in the middle of the road.

At 9:43 the show started and shortly after Tink flew by.
I tried for pictures but again, shoot and hope for the best.

When it was over we had decided we have our jackets and were ok for a few more hours (park open until 12) so let’s go do a ride!

We fought traffic to Buzz and waited 15 minutes, not too shabby if you ask me :thumbsup2

I’m not big on posing in this one, I’m too busy trying to win ::yes::

(whoo hoo I win)

When we were done we decided we really didn’t want to do much more, yeah we had these big plans then decided to head back to the hotel and sleep. Sometimes you just need sleep to keep going…

We walked through Tomorrowland Terrace and stopped in the bathroom, yes again. And Celebrate the Magic was playing again and we thought it would be a great time to head out and beat some of the crowds. I stopped into the Confectionary and the line was still long and I really didn’t feel like anything sweet so we headed back out. We got to the bus stop and were the second group of people in line, we waited about 10 minutes before a bus showed up and on we went.

We sat towards the back and a child sitting across from us decided he would blind us. His parents had apparently bought him a toy at MK, the nighttime one with the sting that looks like its floating, well in order for him to make it float he had to hold it straight ahead, and that meant pointing the light part right in my face. Now I’m not one to yell or say anything loudly right away, I figured his parents would see the surprisingly bright light and say not to shine it in people’s faces. Well half way back to the hotel and after shielding my eyes and turning the other way, his Mom said “are you making sure you don’t point that in someone’s eyes?” Thanks Mom!! Child’s response… crickets… he didn’t say anything, he kept playing with it. Ok, now I was getting a little upset. Thankfully, we were pulling in to the hotel a couple of minutes later. I texted my Mom at 11:38 asking her if she wanted me to call her and she said yes. We unloaded our bags and I went and called my Mom, I was still seeing spots, 30 minutes later… :sad1:

I talked to my Mom for half an hour and told her we had to buy jackets because it was so cold and that it was colder than last year, she reminded me to remember to make sure my Dad wore his if it was cold. I reassured her that tomorrow was supposed to be the coldest day overall with a high of 62 and we were taking our new jackets for sure!! I told her night night and went to shower then jumped right into bed (think this bites be back in the end... I will explain more later). Lights out for me about 12:45am. Alarm set for 6:00 the next morning.

Step count: 20,163

Next Up: “I know all these songs… that’s sad”​

Day 5 March 26

The day started out like every other day had so far, got dressed, did hair, packed park bag for the day. Then I checked the weather, I knew it was supposed to be cold but I didn’t know how cold. It wasn’t cold it was really cold :cold:

Like really cold, seriously? Feels like the 30’s. I just left the cold, I didn’t want it here.

We got to the bus stop and all I could talk about was how cold it was. I live in Arkansas, it’s not as cold as Canada or Minnesota or even the Northeast, but we get cold. Like January we didn’t get above freezing for like 10 days... So I was used to the cold, just not used to it on vacation. While we were standing there, freezing, some other family pulled up and was commenting about the same thing. Apparently everyone was a little surprised by it.

Finally the bus showed up and into the somewhat warmth we went. Again, we had the bus to ourselves. Hey, I’m not complaining.

We got to Hollywood Studios early, like 8:00am early. But we were first in line. Yay!

People starting forming lines and trying to find the sunlight. The family behind me ended up sitting on the turnstile and waiting. I went to a potty break, again… Then came back to stand and wait. I’m not sure if I would rather stand and wait in the cold or heat… haven’t decided.

FP Plans for the Day
Tower of Terror 9:55-10:55
Toy Story 11-12
Star Tours 3-4

By 8:50am we were off and running, well speed walking. Even though we had FP for Toy Story, I wanted to do it as a walk-on. So off in that direction we went.

By the time we got there the wait said 15, it was a walk through until the stairs, then we slowed down. All in all, about 10 minutes, we were off my 9:10am.

I lost, but again, I’m blaming it on the faulty equipment. I would pull the string 5 times and 1 thing would shoot out. So it wasn’t my fault I lost.

We got off and my Dad had decided against Rock’n’-Rollercoaster, he had never been on it and he wasn’t sure if he was going to get sick or not. So we mosied on in that direction. We stopped by Staring Rolls and I told my Dad that that was where we had planned on eating ‘breakfast’/a cupcake but not until after Tower of Terror ha ha.

We got to RnRC and I went and got in the single rider line, again it was a walk-on. The CM was hysterical he said that the single rider line was sponsored by “match.com” since everyone was single, I laughed, the lady next to me didn’t seem to get it.

We went through the pre-show and on through the line. It took about 5 minutes from the time we walked into the loading area to the time I got in the car.

I tried to do a posed picture and I did, but I guess the angle of the camera, it doesn’t really look like that.

I loved it of course, I always do.

I found my Dad where I left him and we waited, we had enough time for our FP for ToT FP so we sat and tried to get some sun, I had planned on getting a tan but it wasn’t looking like I would. It was warming up but by no means, the weather was supposed to be cool not cold, I was hoping it would warm up some more later.

At 10:00am off we went to get in line. The standby was already at 90min. Blah.

I love ToT, like LOVE. But it is the only ride in all of Disney that gives me a small anxiety attack, maybe it’s the unknown aspect of it that bothers me but everything about it I love except the unknown. So of course I was in line and trying not to panic. My Dad however was having a nervous breakdown ha ha. The last time he had been on it was in 2000, when ToT didn’t have seatbelts, they only had the bar that you held on to and my Dad and cousin almost slipped out. My Dad kept saying “look, if they can do it, I can” of course looking at small children ha ha.

The line moved quickly I only had time to take two pictures and it was a walk and take a picture kind of picture.

The soon it was time to get on our elevator, for the past two years, my Mom and I have been in the front row all the way to the left (looking at the elevator, left) so I assumed that’s where we were going to be and we were. Until the group we were riding with kept moving around the CM wasn’t happy about it so he was in character and told them kind of nicely ha ha to find a row and stay there. He said “how many time am I going to say it” he was cranky about it but in character, so it worked. With all the moving we did we ended up moving to a different row, ahh not 3 for 3 oh well. It’s where I sat last year when I went by myself.

When we sat down and the CM gave us the seatbelt talk he laughingly said “and this I’m only saying once” making fun of the people around us that kept moving, they laughed about it so it was cool.

I kept telling my Dad ‘Here it comes’ but of course it wasn’t then when it really was I said ‘Ok really now, here it comes’ ha ha, he had more than enough warning, and he had told me before hand, whatever picture you get is what you get, I’m not going again.

In the end, I loved the picture, I think it’s my favorite to look at. I love it so much it’s my cover photo on Facebook.

We were done with ToT by 10:30am so we ventured on to Starring Rolls with the plan for hot chocolate and cupcakes. However, I’m thinking with the weather and crowds, everyone wanted the same thing. It was packed, the line was all the way out the door and almost up the steps. We hovered for awhile to see if someone left and they didn’t so we kept going.

We had until 11 for our FP so we found a bench in front of the hat and sat (huh it rhymes ha ha)

We enjoyed the sun and watching the crowds. The Citizens of Hollywood were nearby so we laughed at their performance and just hung out watching the crowds go by.

A few minutes before 11:00 we ventured off towards TSM. We had 1 minute so we stood across the street and waited, that meant an excellent picture moment of course

Hah 11:00 on the dot, let’s go.

The FP line was moving slower then the stand by line was in the morning, so I took the chance to take some pictures. I never take any pictures here.

I told my kids it was a crayon as big as them and they thought I was serious ha ha

20 minutes later we were done and it’s safe to say that I earned my winner title back.

Nothing special in the score but a win is a win

Now we had an hour until lunch but we hadn’t eaten all morning and we were getting the grumpies, so we stopped at the coffee stand near TSM and grabbed a huge donut to share and some hot chocolates.

We planted ourselves in the sun and tried to warm up a bit, it was warmer then the morning but still only in the high 40’s.

(I was fascinated with the fact that it really was as big as my head)

We did some more people watching and listened to some people’s conversations as they sat by. Some lady was freaking out because the duck was getting near her, I seriously thought she was going to get up and run away. Some me-maw and pa-paw were discussing loudly something. He wanted to do Walt’s Dream, her not so much and boy did she remind him of that many times ha ha. Every few steps she would stop and tell him she didn’t want to do it.

At 12:15pm we decided that it was time to venture off towards lunch. We got lucky the other day and were seated on time so we thought we would try again today.

We made it to Sci-Fi, we followed the crowds. I checked us in at 12:20 for our 12:45 reservation, the CM told us they were about 15 minutes behind on reservations but they should be caught up by ours. So we planted ourselves in the corner by the door and waited.

Lots of people were coming in and trying to wait for a table (1-2 hour wait) or make reservations for later (booked solid). Some lady was a little upset and she didn’t want to wait 2 hours for a table without a reservation so she kept telling her husband to make a reservation for 4:00pm. Good luck lady. Our buzzer went off 2 seconds later, I never found out if she was able to make a reservation ha ha.

We were led to our car in the back and found our seats, we were hitch hikers in someone else’s car. Last time we were the drivers so only makes sense we were hitch hikers this time.

My Dad’s Uncle Mike and his wife Liz gave my Dad a $50 Disney gift card for us to use on vacation, so we had decided to use it at the restaurant that my Dad really wanted to eat at, so lunch was on them today.
I ordered a cookies and cream shake and the chicken pasta. The ‘drivers’ in front of us and their family in the car next to them all ordered at the same time we did. About the time we had finished ordering the car next to us had their hitch hikers join them. They ordered about 2 minutes later (it serves a purpose me telling you this don’t worry)

So yummy

Our car got their food a few minutes later, and so did the other car including the hitch hikers…. But minus the 2 people in the front of the car. By the time everyone had realized what was going on the lady had already eaten some of her pasta... opps. Our server came out and explained to the person who delivered the food that the tables weren’t in the same party. A few minutes and ‘I’m sorry”s later everyone had their food and was fine.

(I ate my Dad’s zucchini because he doesn’t like it, crazy person)

We finished our meal and made a potty break before heading out. It was about 1:30pm now and we didn’t have plans until 3:00 (Star Tours FP)​

Since we were nearby we decided to mosey around the Streets of America.

We were done and near Muppets so we decided to head on in. The wait time said 15 minutes but it moved quickly.

(That’s what my hair looks like every morning)

I quickly showed my Dad the key under the mat, no pictures, the line was actually moving quickly.

It took 5 minutes to get in for the preshow, not bad.

It was as cute as ever, I still love it.
I stopped to take some pictures of the fountain, I wasn’t going to wait for a pretty picture, just wanted to take one.

(That will do)

We had 30 minutes until our Star Tour FP window opened but we ventured in that direction anyways.

(look more people)

We parked ourselves on a bench and waited.

The FP line was backed up to the entrance/exit of Backlot Express, so we just sat and waited until our window opened. In the mean time we people watched and just relaxed.

Star Tours was the only attraction that I saw that had a CM holding a sign saying that’s what the line is for, FP. All the other attractions that had lines outside, you just got in a line and hoped that it was the right one.

A few minutes before 3 we got in line, figuring again by the time we got to the reader our window would open.

That’s how far back in line we were. But it did move quick.

Look what I found

We got through a few minutes later and off we went.
Look what I got!

The line moved so quick that I didn’t have any time to take pictures.. sad…

My Dad enjoyed the updated version and he even commented about how he got a little dizzy for a moment but he was fine after that. We kind of looked in the dump shop but not really, it was crazy busy.

We made our way to the entrance, we were going to see what the wait time looked like for The Great Movie ride, it said 45 minutes, ehh a little too long. We were getting a little tired and the crowds seemed thicker than previous days. So we stopped for a potty break next to American Idol. Then I finally found a cream cheese pretzel stand, I had been looking for one all day but haven’t noticed it until now. We got in line of course, we had some snack credits to use up.

We got a cream cheese pretzel, a churro, and 2 smartwaters.

Yummy

I did have one more mission for the afternoon, I wanted some Photopass pictures, we hadn’t been getting very many that day. Plus, I didn’t really see as many as I have in years past.

So with our snacks and water we wandered off in that direction.

By the time we made it over there we ate our snacks and only had our water left. Apparently they were tasty. We found a photopass guy and got our pictures.

I really liked how they turned out, sometimes I smile and not look awkward ha ha.

(Love it in black and white)

We thanked the man and hit the store nearby but nothing caught my eye so off we went. I needed my souvenir from the park so I was on a mission for that.

We saw another Photopass guy so of course we stopped for him, he was really nice :)

First pictures with props, I saw them used but we never got one.

We stopped in Keystone Clothiers and didn’t find anything so we ventured off farther. We hit Mickey’s of Hollywood and looked around.

I found a shot glass for my Mom that she didn’t have.

I bought the coffee mug that looked just like it, but bigger and a long sleeved maroon 2014 shirt that I had been eyeing since before I left. I wear it to sleep like once a week.

We made our way to the exit and lucked out again, there was a bus right there loading up. It starting beeping saying it was lifting up and leaving. So we said oh well and planned on waiting but another CM was nearby and told the bus driver to stop and wait, thanks! So we didn’t have to wait for the next one. We got back to the room by 4:00ish and I went to refill our cups and we relaxed and charged phones for a while.

We decided that we were going to eat at the resort because we didn’t really feel like a hamburger or chicken nuggets from HS and we would probably be able to find more seats there. So we ate dinner about 5:45pm. Great idea, lots of food choices and lots of seats.

Yummy!

We got to the bus stop by 6:15pm and waited about 10 minutes for a bus.

We made it through back check and the readers by 6:40pm our only plan for the evening was Fantasmic. We were going to walk that way and see what the crowds looked like.

We decided that we would try for the first showing then maybe do some stuff after.

(Hello people!)

They opened the doors at 7:00pm and it was flashbacks to rope drop again. It was somewhat chaotic, people were pushing to get to the front and then some people just cut inline and they didn’t care if anyone noticed.

We were seated in the Simba section in like the 4th row from the top right on the end. Not too shabby.

The family sitting next to my Dad was a little rambunctious, jumping around, bouncing in their seats. Then the CM that sells things came by and good heavens they got excited. Both the kids got the light up sword thing and they were happy, for like 5 minutes.

The CM came back around a few minutes later and the Mom complained to her that the swords weren’t working, the lights kept turning off. So the CM traded one out and off she went. We watched the kids and realized why they weren’t working for long, they were jabbing them into the ground. The CM came back around and the Mom made her trade it back for the original. I felt bad for the CM.

We had 1 hour until the preshow so we just people watched and talked about what we wanted to do after the show and then what the plan was for tomorrow.

Some man walked off to get some food and about 15 minutes came back. Apparently he forgot where he was sitting, he walked up and down the steps like 30 times. I guess he found his seat because he never came back up ha ha :confused:

I guess some special CM has the job of counting everyone… Some lady had a little clicker and she was standing at the front of every row counting everyone. I would probably not like that job, I would mess up at some point. When she got to our row I told her I thought that it was amazing how she counted everyone, I wonder what the under over is on it, 20 people ha ha.

The pre show started and it was the same as always, asking people questions and one side singing against each other. Nothing amazingly fun but it made time pass quickly. One person was from Mountain Home, Arkansas which is like 10 hours from me. I got excited someone from nearby me. Then the little boy from the family in front of us turned around and asked me if I was from Arkansas and I told him yes and where I was from. They were from Magnolia which is in the southern part of the state.

We took the ‘in case of emergency this is what you do’ sepal and then the CM’s came back and made a comment about how they were going to do something fun so we weren’t all sitting around playing Candy Crush, my Dad and I laughed because the new friends in front of us were doing that before the pre-show started so we joked about how we saw them doing it and we saw them, they laughed, we laughed good times were had by all.

At the end of the show like always we as a crowd have to finish the song. Which I always do awesome at and sing at the top of my lungs horribly off key, today’s song choices; “When you wish upon a star” got it, Some “One Direction” song sadly I knew it ha ha, then “Sweet Caroline” duh of course as a Red Sox fan and sports fan in general I know it, I told my Dad that “I know all of these songs (even the One Direction one) that’s sad” ha ha. Then they ended with “Don’t Stop Believin’” hello classic karaoke song ha ha, even my Dad finished the song. I grew up on 80’s rock because of him and on more than one occasion have been singing at the top of my lungs to that song in the classroom or in the car.

At 8:30 the lights dimmed and the show was starting. This was also my first time seeing the Glow with the Show ears (ps LOVED them, thought they were adorable should have bought some).

(Pluto looks like he’s having a good ol time ha ha :lmao: )

Again, loved it, like I always do. We decided to sneak out a few minutes before the finale to one, beat the crowds, and two I wanted to hit the ToT gift shop and buy something before we left. I power walked past people and told my Dad I would meet him outside the exit. I ended up buying a sippy cup (plastic cup with a straw ha ha) that I love. I met my Dad outside the store and we decided we would see what the wait time on The Great Movie Ride looked like then make a decision then as to what we would do, we weren’t really tired but that was really all we had left that we wanted to do.

We walked over there in the somewhat cold again, with the sun gone it dipped back like 10 degrees, and when we got there the wait time said 35 minutes so we decided we would go.​

Time stamp says we got in line at 9:08pm

We made it to the movie pre-show part 10 minutes later and we made friends with the CM who was there. Me being the big old theatre nerd that I am know all the musicals there and then I worked at Hollywood Video for 5 years and saw pretty much every movie in the store, so yeah I know a bunch about movies ha ha. I always end up quoting and singing along to the pre-show, well the CM heard/saw me and smiled and I talked to her about how she must say the lines to the movie in her head. She had said that when its slow the CM’s there will act out the scenes, well that would be fun to watch ha ha :rotfl:

We made it on through and started loading into our car, I told the CM 2 and he told me row 10, well we walk over there and it was a handicap car so there weren’t enough seats unless we sat on the floor. Another CM came over and moved us back a row and moved some people around and in the end it all worked out. We were on our way by 9:28pm and that includes the 3 minutes it took to get the seating situation taken care of.

We got to this scene and our driver asked us what movie it was so of course I said/maybe yelled ha ha “Mary Poppins” the man in front of me seemed a little annoyed, sorry, I get excited easily. :laughing:

Hoped for the Western scene like last time but ended up with Gangster scene, oh well.

Then we came to my favorite scene in the ride and also one of my top 3 favorite movies…

Oh yeah there was singing, loudly too and I think I was the only one. How my Dad put up with me embarrassing him I have no idea. I sang the Welcome Show at MK again loudly now this ha ha.

I sent this picture to my Nana (Dad’s Mom) her and her sisters say they’re like the ‘Witchy Poos’ everyone has a title and a name, it’s actually quite hysterical. They used to all dress up at Halloween and scare the crap out of kids, several actually cried and ran away. Her response “oh happy happy, be careful’.

We got to the end where you watch snippets from movies and I don’t know if I was tired or sad because the trip had 2 more days or I really do love movies but I got sad, not crying sad but sad.

We finished by 9:45pm and decided on a Photopass picture before we called it a night.

One more picture before the end of the night,

We got to the bus stop and again, lucked out and waited 2 minutes if even.

We got back to the room by 10:15 and I called my Mom and told her about our night and our plan for the morning, yum Le Cellier!!

I showered and called it a night by 11:45pm.

Step Count: 20,136

Next Up: “How do I get out of here? Walk around until you pass out”​

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter