There's hope for Splash Mountain next Jan

stargazertechie

Toy Story Midway Maniac
I was just chatting with a CM outside splash about how I hate January trips since it's always closed. The CM told me the current plan is to skip Splash's annual refurb as they are hopin to take BTMRR offline for a few months for a major refurb.

Take it with a grain of salt and your large drink of choice.

Then why having closed it on Jan 3rd. It's been closed for 10 days now so I assume they are doing at least some minor work on it.

Then why having closed it on Jan 3rd. It's been closed for 10 days now so I assume they are doing at least some minor work on it.

Rumor has it that this refurb is to include lap bars for the logs. There was a test a little bit ago regarding these.

Some pics floating around too...

Let me see if I can locate them.

:surfweb:

Rumor has it that this refurb is to include lap bars for the logs.

That is what a CM told me the night before it closed. He said someone climbs/jumps out almost every day (!?!?!?).

That is what a CM told me the night before it closed. He said someone climbs/jumps out almost every day (!?!?!?).

During MVMCP a few weeks back SM was virtually deserted. We rode and asked the CM if we could go again. He said sure and sent us off. Unbeknownst to us there were two young women in the back. One of them was extremely ticked off because she didn't want to go again :-)confused3). As we rounded the bend she got out and started walking back to the starting spot. Needless to say the ride was shut down until they were able to get her to sit down.

I did not believe it until I saw it. Apparently it is quite the issue.

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2380011

It was talked about this time last year and thought it was going to be then. There was a picture that went with it that showed water dummies in a log with the lap bars. It was taken in central shops and since has been pulled. It was a rather grainy picture and must have been taken from a cell.

I can't find anything of that picture anywhere...

Jumping ride vehicles has been an issue in the past which is showcased on a YouTube channel. I am not exactly sure that I should post a link to it but if you do some searching you will dig up some stuff. Something about If we Can Dream It We Can Do It... ;)

In Sept i saw people passing a small child inbetween seats, first and second row. I guess not to small since she wouldve been 40 inches but small enough to pass. I also saw this on IASW last month

If you look closely, too, its pretty obvious people have been ripping stuff out from the attraction, too. There are bits and pieces missing, all within reach of the boats. Since we went a few times this year, each visit spaced out some I noticed things missing since the last visit each time. (Yes, I love the ride that much! :lmao:)

I'd love to see BTMMR get a good refurb - maybe it won't be so deafening in some places. :yay:

If you look closely, too, its pretty obvious people have been ripping stuff out from the attraction, too. There are bits and pieces missing, all within reach of the boats. Since we went a few times this year, each visit spaced out some I noticed things missing since the last visit each time. (Yes, I love the ride that much! :lmao:)

I'd love to see BTMMR get a good refurb - maybe it won't be so deafening in some places. :yay:

Any ideas when Thunder Mt. will get its refurb?

If you look closely, too, its pretty obvious people have been ripping stuff out from the attraction, too. There are bits and pieces missing, all within reach of the boats.

I don't know of anything (sets and props) within reach of the boats.

Disney generally designs the attractions with distances between guest and scenery sufficient to keep hands off.

I don't know of anything (sets and props) within reach of the boats.

Disney generally designs the attractions with distances between guest and scenery sufficient to keep hands off.

You'd have to misbehave and stand up to reach the areas I'm talking about - there are flowers missing and two pieces of an overhanging tree missing. I'm sure most rides are designed with people remaining seated and keeping their arms and legs inside the vehicle at all times. :)

I'm a rather small person, but I know a tall person would easily be able to reach some of the areas. There is also gum stuck along the ride near the areas I've noticed stuff obviously ripped out/damaged. Nothing like seeing someone's used up gum. :sick:

I showed my friend and he agreed that they looked like people getting their own souvenirs when the ride stalled. Splash is definitely the ride where I heard the "please remain seated" announcement the most.

I didn't realize Splash mountain was always closed in january, was very disappointed when I found out (we are at WDW now), since its probably my favorite ride.

Yup, we've been stuck in line at splash mountain before because they closed the ride because they had to restart since someone jumped out. Nothing sucks more than standing in line for an hour and not even getting on a ride, we did get a free 'anytime/anyride' fastpass out of it, but still. :P

I didn't realize Splash mountain was always closed in january, was very disappointed when I found out (we are at WDW now), since its probably my favorite ride.

Yup, we've been stuck in line at splash mountain before because they closed the ride because they had to restart since someone jumped out. Nothing sucks more than standing in line for an hour and not even getting on a ride, we did get a free 'anytime/anyride' fastpass out of it, but still. :P

Sorry that you're missing out on Splash Mountain, but right now with the cold snap that FL is having SM is probably more of a bobsled/luge ride then a water ride.

Sorry that you're missing out on Splash Mountain, but right now with the cold snap that FL is having SM is probably more of a bobsled/luge ride then a water ride.

Too true! We were frozen in MK today. My favorite ride today was a small world because it was long and warm! lol I don't think I'd want to be wet today, but I do love SM and Kali too.

In Sept i saw people passing a small child inbetween seats, first and second row. I guess not to small since she wouldve been 40 inches but small enough to pass. I also saw this on IASW last month

People are passing children between rows? How did these people even make it through life long enough to do something so absolutely IDIOTIC. Truly? How do these idiots bathe themselves? Dress themselves? Earn a living? These are the kinds of questions that go through my head. We've made it through the 2000s, the most collectively stupid decade for people ever...I'm sure of it. Everyone is suing everyone. Everyone is jumpy and impatient. I'm beginning to understand the "get off my lawn" doctrine, but I'm still in my 20s!

Really, I am gobsmacked and appalled and cannot imagine what I would have said to these people if this occurred in front of me. Animals. ANIMALS. That's what they are. Animals.

I took the Backstage Magic tour last Friday and witnessed the adding of the bars to the Splash Mountain vehicles. The CM did say it was because people were standing up during the ride.

It's a shame to hear lap bars are finally being added, since I thought the current set up was one of the best log flume seating design I ever saw. It will probably hurt the capacity of the ride too since they are going to have to check the lap bars slowing down the dispatch time.

It's a shame to hear lap bars are finally being added, since I thought the current set up was one of the best log flume seating design I ever saw. It will probably hurt the capacity of the ride too since they are going to have to check the lap bars slowing down the dispatch time.

THIS! :headache:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter