• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

There's an App for That! iDisney, July-Aug 2009. New 12/3: DONE!

PrincessV

DIS Veteran
Hello there! A warm welcome to my readers, new and returning alike. If you followed me over from my pre-trip report, you already know what’s gone into this July-August trip. If you haven’t read the pre-trip, well, here’s your chance! The actual trip is about to begin, so you’ve got plenty of time to catch up! It's right here: My Life on the DVC Blacklist

But if you just don’t want to deal with all that, it’s okay. I can break it down quickly: I’m V and I’m taking a 10ish day trip to Disney World with my sweet, 7 year-old son Leo. We’ll be meeting up and spending oodles of time with our very good friends (who we just so happened to have met right here on the DIS!) It’s going to be great! :banana:

As for the title of this report… I got me an iPhone not long ago. I love it. I adore it. I keep it with me night and day. I write long-winded sonnets in its name and caress it lovingly as I whisper Precious… our Precious… we loves our Precious…

:rolleyes1

Okay, it’s not that bad. But I do really, really dig my new toy. It does it all! Aside from all-purpose daily functions, it’s become quite the theme park touring tool. I’ve tested it out at our local Busch Gardens park, as well as over a long weekend at WDW, and I’ve found a whole host of applications – or Apps, in iPhone speak – to make vacationing easier and more fun.

THERE’S AN APP FOR THAT!!!
:cool1:

This trip report will feature a new App for each installment, and I’ll start with the first right now: Twitter. I gave Twitter a whirl back in May and had a good time tweeting from The World. I think it was fairly well-received, so I’m doing it again! You can follow me here:

www.twitter.com/Disney_VLo

FYI, I have it set to “Public” so you don’t actually have to join Twitter or become an official Follower to see my tweets.

I’m all packed up and ready to roll in two days; be back soon to continue the report!

Let's see...

You'll be checking the weather. Checking traffic. Checking crowd levels. Taking pictures. Posting pictures. Drunk dialing....;)

OMG! Your title make me spew coffee!

Can't wait to see in you guys in 2ish days!:banana::woohoo::cool1:

I made page 1:woohoo: I will be following you on Twitter, since I won't be following you for real:sad2: Have a great time. Lots of pictures and feel free to drunk dial if you want (or at least text me);)

I'm in! I just got an iTouch iPod because Verizon doesn't have an iPhone. it came in handy on our trip to St. Louis recently because it kept my husband occupied while waiting in lines!

Oh, boy oh boy! More "justification" for that iPod Touch I don't need. :lmao::lmao:

Just grabbing my place! I hope you guys have a wonderful, magical trip! Looking fwd to the twitter updates!

iCan't wait to see you & Leo again! :hug:

iThink you two are going to have a great time! :dance3:

iKnow this trip report is going to be an excellent read! :surfweb:

iHope you have a safe trip to WDW. :car:

iWill see you this time next week. :drinking1

Oh, V... I have been avoiding the Twitter thing like the plague. I have no idea why...

but YOU are Tweeting....

... and I don't have to join to follow your tweets...

Must...

goooo....

to...

Twitterrrrrr................

Have a great trip!;)

I just saw that Sig from Deadliest Catch will be in Norway Fri-Sun. We missed them last year so I'm hoping we get there. Great show. :thumbsup2

I can't wait to read your Tweets. I have an IPhone, love it. What was life like before the IPhone? I can't remember. Have a great trip. :)

I am loving the "tweets", this report is going to be SO fun!! I hope you and Leo are having a magical time.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter