There's a reason I'm not a parent!

I'm in! Last month I went on my honeymoon so I got to experience adult time and going at your own pace. In a couple of years, my Dad and Stepmom turn 60 and they plan to take the family to Disney to celebrate. Most likely I'll be teaming up with my sister and at that time, 7 year old niece. This thread may be good advice on how to adjust to a kid's agenda!

Mother of two girls joining in maybe I can learn something from a different perspective. Sounds like a fun TR.

:dogdance:

My son is into Pokemon cards too, it's the new old fad. It was very popular back 10-15 years ago when my brother was into them. Now my 8 year old is into them, he trades them, knows how much each card is worth, etc. Luckily, he got bored of them as of recently & no longer asks to buy them!

Looking forward to reading all about your trip with your niece~ you're an awesome aunt for taking her, btw!

She doesn't do the cards - she does the books, video games, the tv show, and the plushies. 17 seasons of episodes of Pokemon. I learned a lot but still, all I know is "pikachu I choose you."

I'm in! Last month I went on my honeymoon so I got to experience adult time and going at your own pace. In a couple of years, my Dad and Stepmom turn 60 and they plan to take the family to Disney to celebrate. Most likely I'll be teaming up with my sister and at that time, 7 year old niece. This thread may be good advice on how to adjust to a kid's agenda!

It wasn't easy adjusting. I kept forgetting that she isn't used to going, doesn't know the parks, and just might be overwhelmed by it all on top of being homesick.

Mother of two girls joining in maybe I can learn something from a different perspective. Sounds like a fun TR.

:dogdance:

Welcome. Just promise not to roll your eyes when you read all the parenting mistakes I made. It's ok to laugh at them though. I'm sure I will too, one day.

joining in

Welcome!

Next update coming soon. I have to go get a pelvic ultrasound today though. Please, let them find the reason for the pain in my side. And, if it is a Kidney stone again - GET IT OUT!

Interesting trip so far. You are very kind to take your niece to Disney. So after the trip do you still want to take your nephew?

Hope your ultrasound gives you some answers.

Looking forward to more.

Next update coming soon. I have to go get a pelvic ultrasound today though. Please, let them find the reason for the pain in my side. And, if it is a Kidney stone again - GET IT OUT!

Good luck!! My husband gets kidsney stones and I feel so bad for him...lithrotripsy is a lifesaver!

Joining in- especially interested to hear how it is with QS dining. We are going in January which will be 9 months after having bypass too. I'm seriously debating getting the meal plan since my hubs will demolish some food. :wave2:

Joining in! Mom of 13 yo DD and listening to description of niece just has me nodding. Love what you are doing for her!

Joining - sounds like a really interesting trip and am enjoying your writing style (though, maybe just because I totally get anything sarcastic)

I will say that everything is a bit different when it is your kid, at least emotionally, but that is why there are 31 flavors of ice cream and some people are meant to be awesome Aunts! :goodvibes

I think that even if you have kids if you were to watch someone else's kids you would have similar concerns that you have - so far I think you are doing great. Picking your battles and trying to find any sort of common ground are good.

"Guys, I read" ... how very Gillmore Girls of her :rotfl:

How did I miss this report? So glad someone chimed in yesterday.

I REALLY hope you come back and continue updating.

We are going with our will be 11 yo niece at the end of next year. I know myself too well and the stipulation is that we will pay for her, but her parents need to come. We will take her for a day and night alone once or twice so we can bond and mom/dad can have some fun date time...but they need to be at the ready in case we yell HELP. She knows nothing of the trip so far....we offered up to the parents so they could decide if it was something they wanted to do.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter