• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

There's a Great Big MARATHON Tomorrow: Goofy Challenge/Marathon Weekend '15 FINALLY COMPLETE!

I don't know if it's normal, but I love that they kept the Christmas decorations up. Christmas all year long I say. :santa:

Even though it's older, I really like the decor of the All Star rooms maybe even more than POP. They have a slightly more Disney feel. Of course, they all have Stacey, so that's really all that matters. :goodvibes

I don't know if it's normal, but I love that they kept the Christmas decorations up. Christmas all year long I say. :santa:

Even though it's older, I really like the decor of the All Star rooms maybe even more than POP. They have a slightly more Disney feel. Of course, they all have Stacey, so that's really all that matters. :goodvibes

I'm not sure it's normal either- I was so surprised to see so much of it at the resorts and in the parks. I think they took the resort decorations down Friday-Saturday. When we were in the food court at 3:30am before the half marathon we saw them in the cherry pickers taking down the wreathes!

OUR STACEY CHANNEL DIDN'T WORK, ROB!!!! :sad::sad: The only Disney channel that would come in on the tv was the one featuring DTD (which we weren't even visiting this trip!) So sad!!

OUR STACEY CHANNEL DIDN'T WORK, ROB!!!! :sad::sad: The only Disney channel that would come in on the tv was the one featuring DTD (which we weren't even visiting this trip!) So sad!!

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: That is so not cool.

You know what makes that even worse??? The last time I stayed at POP I had issues with the Stacey channel too (though I was told after that there is another version on a Spanish channel further up the dial somewhere but still in Englsh... weird I know), and yet, my last trip was offsite with full on Stacey. How is that even right? And my last offsite in 2012? Same thing. Also Full Stacey Channel. I mean of course I was happpy to have it, but if I'm on Disney property, they better be getting that fixed ASAP. Cruel and unusual punishment.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: That is so not cool.

You know what makes that even worse??? The last time I stayed at POP I had issues with the Stacey channel too (though I was told after that there is another version on a Spanish channel further up the dial somewhere but still in Englsh... weird I know), and yet, my last trip was offsite with full on Stacey. How is that even right? And my last offsite in 2012? Same thing. Also Full Stacey Channel. I mean of course I was happpy to have it, but if I'm on Disney property, they better be getting that fixed ASAP. Cruel and unusual punishment.

That's so weird. Disney's advertising channels would seriously be much more effective if they actually worked! :confused3

I was surprised how long the holiday decor stayed up at the resorts. I loved your previous reports so I can't wait to follow along with this one! I kinda want to go make a chicken quesadilla now. (yummmm)

Sounds like you guys got a prime location :thumbsup2 I like All-Star Movies, but the choice of movies is so weird to me…like you have the whole library of Disney films and you go with the Mighty Ducks and Herbie?

Disney nuggets!! :lovestruc:lovestruc:lovestruc

Great report so far, ladies! That stinks that your arrival/expo day was so stressful!

Cutest room ever!! Love it!

No Stacy?!?!? :sad2: I'm not sure I would like all the Christmas decorations. I LOVE Christmas, but I'm so done with it by Jan. 1st, I might have been annoyed with everything still up. Oh but to run down mainstreet with the Castle lit up, THAT I would love! :thumbsup2

I will always have a soft spot in my heart for ASMo - it's where we spent our first two trips, when the boys were teeny tiny (in fact, we only had two then!). It just screams Disney to me :thumbsup2

And your chicken quesadilla looks so yummy!!

I will always have a soft spot in my heart for ASMo - it's where we spent our first two trips, when the boys were teeny tiny (in fact, we only had two then!). It just screams Disney to me :thumbsup2 And your chicken quesadilla looks so yummy!!

Pop has forever been my favorite value, and I feel a bit like a traitor but I actually think after this week, movies may have surpassed it! Only by a little though. The theme and colors at pop are the best, but the size and transportation at movies is unbeatable. The food court was fine but I'm sure after the rehab it will be even better!

Following along! We stayed at All Star Movies before, very fun! Going to Disney for it is the only thing that would ever make me want to become a runner.

I was surprised how long the holiday decor stayed up at the resorts. I loved your previous reports so I can't wait to follow along with this one! I kinda want to go make a chicken quesadilla now. (yummmm)

I was too! Maybe this was different this year? I don't remember hearing about it being around this long in the past (but I never really looked into it either.)

Sounds like you guys got a prime location :thumbsup2 I like All-Star Movies, but the choice of movies is so weird to me…like you have the whole library of Disney films and you go with the Mighty Ducks and Herbie?

Disney nuggets!! :lovestruc:lovestruc:lovestruc

Haha, it is a little weird! Sort of like they tried to grab a little of everything!

Great report so far, ladies! That stinks that your arrival/expo day was so stressful!

Cutest room ever!! Love it!

I'm just glad we got to the expo on Wednesday and didn't need to rearrange our plans!

No Stacy?!?!? :sad2: I'm not sure I would like all the Christmas decorations. I LOVE Christmas, but I'm so done with it by Jan. 1st, I might have been annoyed with everything still up. Oh but to run down mainstreet with the Castle lit up, THAT I would love! :thumbsup2

I really enjoyed the decorations but I was way over the Christmas music that was playing in the resorts and at the parks. Luckily it wasn't EVERY song so I could deal :goodvibes

I will always have a soft spot in my heart for ASMo - it's where we spent our first two trips, when the boys were teeny tiny (in fact, we only had two then!). It just screams Disney to me :thumbsup2

And your chicken quesadilla looks so yummy!!

I think that's what made it a lot of fun! Plus, I LOVE Toy Story!

Following along! We stayed at All Star Movies before, very fun! Going to Disney for it is the only thing that would ever make me want to become a runner.

Lots of runners just do runDisney so you never know! You might surprise yourself ;)

Who let Elsa do the weather today?!

We got up fairly early so we could get breakfast and be at Hollywood Studios by rope drop! It’s a bit of a price to pay not to sleep in on vacation but the low crowds are totally worth it. On our way to the food court we stopped to explore Andy’s room a little bit.

IMG_3191
by secondaryhoney, on Flickr

IMG_3192

IMG_3193

IMG_3194

IMG_3195

IMG_3196

IMG_3197

I had a delicious blueberry muffin for breakfast:

100_7486

And Caitlin got an omelette, grits and potatoes:

IMG_3198

We got on a bus and made it to Hollywood Studios at about 8:30am and brrrr....it was cold out! We were hoping it would warm up quick! Our first stop was the Christmas tree (which we weren’t expecting to still be there) for some pictures!

IMG_3200

IMG_3199

We also got some PP pictures as we pre ordered with some friends traveling at the same time for this trip. We haven’t organized our pictures for download yet so I’ll I’ve got now are some screen grabs. I’m excited to scrapbook the real deal once we get them!

Before we get on with the park portion of the day-let me explain our motivation for a lot of things. Emily and I have a Disney bucket list that includes, among other various things, to ride all the rides, see all the shows, eat at all the restaurants/food stands, and stay at all the hotels. It becomes a major decision maker in where we stay and eat and what we do. All Star Movies was one of the last value resorts on the bucket list, which was part of the reason we chose to stay there!

We got in line and got into the park at approximately 8:45am. Any guesses as to our first stop? You probably guessed right- TSMM!

IMG_3202

We walked right on and enjoyed our first ride of the trip!

IMG_1271

I won, and I was best in car! Take that, people sitting behind us!

IMG_1272

We got off the ride and spoiler alert- it was still pretty cold. Buzz and Woody didn’t have a very long line and it was indoors so we jumped in line to meet them.

If you haven't seen them here before, here's some of their interactive queue. I think this is a nice distraction because their line can move pretty slow!

IMG_3203

THE CLAWWWWW!

IMG_3204

IMG_3206

Finally it was our turn!

100_7487

100_7492

We asked about Spanish mode and were treated to a rousing dance competition ala Dancing with the Stars!

100_7489

100_7490

100_7491

Buzz and Woody saw my sweatshirt and tried to demonstrate their mermaid swimming abilities which took an intentional/unintentionl strange turn (we’re not really sure what happened there, haha!) That was our cue to leave so we headed back outside to check in with another Pixar Place favorite!

Last edited:
Emily - I have that EXACT same hoodie! The Roots one! So glad I brought it for this trip!! I could not believe how cold it was on this day. :faint:

Love the pictures with the toys!! :thumbsup2

I also thought the Christmas decorations would be down and was thrilled when they weren't! The Hollywood Studios tree may be my favorite. I think the film strips are really a nice touch!

Joining in with you girls! I really enjoyed your last trip report. Can't wait to read about Goofy! My husband and I just completed our first Goofy too. The hotel looks great. I love Andy's room. We actually enjoyed getting to see some of the Christmas decorations since we've never been at Christmas time before. Looks like a great character interaction with Woody and Buzz. Love it.

I warned someone earlier in this thread, but it bears repeating-it starts as one little disney race and then all of a sudden the need to run races and earn shiny medals consumes your life (in the best way possible)! ;)

Joining in with you girls! I really enjoyed your last trip report. Can't wait to read about Goofy! My husband and I just completed our first Goofy too. The hotel looks great. I love Andy's room. We actually enjoyed getting to see some of the Christmas decorations since we've never been at Christmas time before. Looks like a great character interaction with Woody and Buzz. Love it.

Thanks for joining....I hope you'll also be writing at TR for Goofy, I loved your previous race reports!

I warned someone earlier in this thread, but it bears repeating-it starts as one little disney race and then all of a sudden the need to run races and earn shiny medals consumes your life (in the best way possible)! ;)
Creepin' on your replies...could not agree more with this statement! :thumbsup2 :rotfl2:

All Stars is a super cute place. I particularly like Andy's door.

I've been really intrigued about the concept of sharing a Memory Maker Package. I've never had a real photopass (other than ride) or memory maker before. It's attached to your Magic Band, right? So can everybody in the share have it on their MB? It sounds like a real money saver.

I have to admit, being best in vehicle on TSMM feels like such an awesome achievement!!

What a great meet with the toys. It looks like they sent a good amount of time with you both which makes it so much more worthwhile.

Your Buzz and Woody meet n greet looks so cute! We've never seen them, but it looks like they had a lot of personality!

It's crazy seeing sweatshirts at Disney - was it chilly for your whole trip? I'm probably nuts, but I'm hoping it's a bit chilly for the PHM - I run much better when it's cold :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter