• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

There's a Chipmunk Eating Your Head !! (Day 6 - Part 5 -updated 1/1)

DSC00700.jpg

The cherry Kaki Gori makes it look like your DD is wearing an absolutely gorgeous shade of lipstick! :laughing: Years ago, my first (and I'm pretty sure last as well) Kaki Gori was promptly dropped on my dad's new white sneaker about 2.4 seconds after we bought it :headache::laughing:.

The cherry Kaki Gori makes it look like your DD is wearing an absolutely gorgeous shade of lipstick! :laughing: Years ago, my first (and I'm pretty sure last as well) Kaki Gori was promptly dropped on my dad's new white sneaker about 2.4 seconds after we bought it :headache::laughing:.

Whoops !! The kids really enjoyed the Kaki Gori. I had a bite, but I was more in the mood for a salty pretzel that day. I thought it was really good. I can see these being a very refreshing treat in the intense heat of the summer.

Oh my goodness, you did a bunch of my favorite things! Grey goose slushie AND Beaches and Cream? That's just the best day ever. :cloud9:

Whoops I'm way behind :(

Oh man, so many burgers, my biggest weakness! I'm practically drooling here. I want a Disney burger right now.

I think Garden Grill was a great choice for Thanksgiving dinner, the main course looked absolutely delicious. I'm a picker so I love a bit of variety. I don't think the cobbler would be for me though, I'd prefer the kids' dessert!

Oh my goodness, you did a bunch of my favorite things! Grey goose slushie AND Beaches and Cream? That's just the best day ever. :cloud9:

I love me a Grey Goose Slushie !! HAVE to get one every trip. The line was super long that day. But it was worth it !! I had to slam it at the International Gateway because they wouldn't let me take it out of the park. I love the food at Beaches and Cream and so do the kids. The first time we ate there our service wasn't the best, but this time we had the best waiter EVER !! If we go back I would request to be in his section if he were working. His name was Brian.

Whoops I'm way behind :(

Oh man, so many burgers, my biggest weakness! I'm practically drooling here. I want a Disney burger right now.

I think Garden Grill was a great choice for Thanksgiving dinner, the main course looked absolutely delicious. I'm a picker so I love a bit of variety. I don't think the cobbler would be for me though, I'd prefer the kids' dessert!

:welcome: So glad you stopped by !! Those burgers were the best of the trip.

Garden Grill did turn out to be perfect and I was so happy to have snagged a reservation for that day.

Originally I had O'hana, but my DD is allergic to nuts. So I cancelled O'hana because there are so many "nut" things on the menu. I didn't want to risk cross contamination. Nothing would put a damper on our Disney vacay worse than busting out the epi-pen. So when I saw Garden Grill had a slot I jumped on it. Like a hen on a June bug. Yep, that is how it happened.

I didn't think I would like that cobbler either, but it really was very good.

Day 4 – Part 4

After we were done, we went over to Beach Club to check out the decorations there.

Chocolate carrousel.

DSC00725.jpg

DSC00726.jpg

DSC00727.jpg

DSC00728.jpg

Some more Christmas décor.

DSC00729.jpg

DSC00730.jpg

We looked at the gift shop.

DSC00731.jpg

And thankfully avoided buying anything.

DSC00732.jpg

After that, we headed back to Boardwalk for an early night. We had another early morning coming up !!

Wow .. the desserts at B&C looked amazing !! I'm a huge burger fan .. and so anywhere I can get a good burger is win for me !

Loving your updates ! :thumbsup2

Wow .. the desserts at B&C looked amazing !! I'm a huge burger fan .. and so anywhere I can get a good burger is win for me !

Loving your updates ! :thumbsup2

That Milky Way sundae was out of this world good. I could so go for one of those burgers right now.

Day 5 – Saturday, November 26, 2011 – Hollywood Studios – Part 1

We got up early again – about 6:30 AM – We had early 8:00 AM EMH. So I left DH to get the kids up and moving while I went over to the Bellevue Lounge and used some snack credits for breakfast.

I got DH and I each a chocolate croissant.

DSC00734.jpg

Sorry, I was hungry. These were so good with coffee in the AM.

I got DS a cinnamon roll

DSC00092.jpg

and DD some Special K. We ate and headed down to the dock so we could catch the boat to Hollywood Studios.

And ……. The dock was closed. No boats running. This was 30 min. prior to park opening. Yeah. There were not happy people there. Not happy at all.

This was all DH needed to head towards the car. On the way to get the car, we let a CM know that the boats weren’t running and there was a bunch of unhappy folks at the dock. He seemed genuinely alarmed that the boats weren’t running and said he would call someone and got on the phone. So, I don’t know what was going on, but we drove to Hollywood Studios and got there before 8:00 AM. YAY !!

We waited with the masses

DSC00735.jpg

And joined the melee in the mad dash to Toy Story Mania. Who knew this ride would live up so well to it’s name ??

DSC00736.jpg

Anyway, my BFF and were discussing our strategy on the day before and she said that we should just go ahead and ride it and not get a FP. So we did.

DSC00738.jpg

DSC00740.jpg

DSC00741.jpg

DSC00742.jpg

DSC00743.jpg

DSC00744.jpg

DSC00745.jpg

DSC00747.jpg

DSC00748.jpg

DSC00749.jpg

DSC00750.jpg

DSC00751.jpg

DSC00752.jpg

DSC00753.jpg

DSC00754.jpg

DSC00755.jpg

DSC00756.jpg

DSC00757.jpg

DSC00758.jpg

DSC00759.jpg

DSC00760.jpg

It took about 15-20 minutes and then we were able to get FP’s for the rest of the day for other rides instead of waiting for TSM.

We love TSMM ! It's good to get it done right away and then not have to worry about it. :thumbsup2
Great pics of the queue !

We love TSMM ! It's good to get it done right away and then not have to worry about it. :thumbsup2
Great pics of the queue !

We love it, too and didn't get to do it last trip because we got to Hollywood Studios too late in the day. So we were happy that we got to ride it.

I just love the queue. There is just so much imagination in it. One of Disney's best !! I love that it has toys we all played with when we were little. So fun !!

I REALLY want to get to TSM this time around! Everything about it looks like so much fun! And a chocolate croissant is pretty much the perfect way to start a Disney day! :thumbsup2

I REALLY want to get to TSM this time around! Everything about it looks like so much fun! And a chocolate croissant is pretty much the perfect way to start a Disney day! :thumbsup2

I fully expect to see TSM in your TR when you return home in January. Don't you dare disappoint me !! :rotfl::lmao:

I just love those chocolate croissants. Love them !! :lovestruc As you could see by my half eaten breakfast photo .........

Day 5 – Part 2

When we got out the FP window ….. at 8:20 AM was for 12:10-1:10.

DSC00762.jpg

DSC00763.jpg

It was still kinda nuts over by Toy Story Mania …… but the rest of the park ??? Not so much.

DSC00764.jpg

DSC00765.jpg

DD wanted to sign up for the Jedi training, so I took her over there while DH and DS went over to get RnR FP’s

DSC00766.jpg

So I signed her up and her Jedi training was for 11:20 AM.

And after that DH and DS were back, so they rode Star Tours, while I enjoyed the beautiful morning.

DSC00767.jpg

DSC00768.jpg

They came out of the ride pretty quick and DD wanted to ride again, so DH took her to ride while DS and I waited.

DSC00770.jpg

Well DS and his head eating chipmunk that is.

DSC00771.jpg

After their second ride, DH and DD met back up with us and DD wanted her face painted. So we said OK.

DSC00772.jpg

DSC00773.jpg

DSC00774.jpg

DSC00775.jpg

DSC00776.jpg

DSC00777.jpg

The kids wanted to check out the Villains shop which had a lot of Vinylmation in it, so we headed over there.

DSC00778.jpg

DSC00779.jpg

DSC00780.jpg

DSC00781.jpg

DSC00782.jpg

DSC00783.jpg

DSC00784.jpg

I love your DD's rainbow connection face painting! How cool! (I actually didn't even realize that they did face painting in DHS - is that new?)

Hahaha I will try not to disappoint with TSM!!

I love your DD's rainbow connection face painting! How cool! (I actually didn't even realize that they did face painting in DHS - is that new?)

Hahaha I will try not to disappoint with TSM!!

I seem to remember the face painting always being there. Right by the bathrooms there across from Star Tours. Of course it came off when she went swimming later. But she loved it while it was on her and she looked mighty cute !!

Make sure your get Wingnut up early on your HS day. You can't miss TSM again !! You will love it !!

DHS is my least favorite park. LOVE TSM and Great American Movie ride though. :thumbsup2

I actually agree with you on this one. If we get there early enough, we can get everything done by lunch and then be free to do something else. DS loves it, though. On our most recent trip, I REALLY loved the Christmas lights. I love all of the parks, but I would say that HS is my least fave. But I still love it !! We have a ressie for 50's Prime Time Cafe in April that I am very much looking forward to.

Yeah, that's my problem too .. the boys love it. They love Indiana Jones and Star Wars and Lights, Motor, Action .. but I could certainly do without those since 2 of these have been the same since forever .. but I'm outnumbered ! :goodvibes
This next trip I plan on splitting AK and DHS into one day.

Yeah, that's my problem too .. the boys love it. They love Indiana Jones and Star Wars and Lights, Motor, Action .. but I could certainly do without those since 2 of these have been the same since forever .. but I'm outnumbered ! :goodvibes
This next trip I plan on splitting AK and DHS into one day.

I do love the Movie Ride and TSM. I also loved doing the Animation drawing class. Star Wars makes me sick :sick: Rock n Rollercoaster is fun and I am too chicken to ride Tower of Terror :lmao: I like HS, I just like the other ones better. I can never get enough time in World Showcase at Epcot.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter