There now? How are the crowds?

KCMiller

DIS Veteran
Hi,

I'm on my way down tomorrow to celebrate some family members birthdays - apart from the ESPN weekend at HS, how are the crowds anticipated to be for the next few days?

KCpirate:

I was at MK on Monday and it was packed!! I thought it was more crowded than the day before President's day last weekend. Alot of people from Louisianna.
In general I thought the parks were way more crowded this year than in past President's weeks.
My husband kept saying "what recession?"

There should be a big drop off in visitors starting today. You should have the place to yurself.

woohoo! we're leaving friday. what makes you anticipate the drop?

The week of President's Day is one of the busiest weeks of the year. The week after is one of the lightest. I have been to the week after twice. It should be a breeze.

I hope you're right - my sister is there today, and she told me that AK was pretty crowded . . .

KCpirate:

MK yesterday (the 24th) was empty. We went left to Frontier land then after lunch to right and walked onto teacups at 2 pm.
Only space mountain is bizarrely busy.
AK has a HUGE traffic problem because of the NEMO musical and that is awful. In previous visits never seen this at AK.
Go early like at opening.

MK yesterday (the 24th) was empty. We went left to Frontier land then after lunch to right and walked onto teacups at 2 pm.
Only space mountain is bizarrely busy.
AK has a HUGE traffic problem because of the NEMO musical and that is awful. In previous visits never seen this at AK.
Go early like at opening.

The pathways at AK are always crowded, even on the lightest of days. Are you saying NEMO is awful or the crowd control for Nemo? I loved the show.

This week at AK you shouldn't have to wait much for anything. I like the idea of getting a last ride on Dinosaur after the parade. There is usually a few minutes before the park closes. Or, if you can mange the early part of the parade, then do the Pangani Forest Trail when nobody is there.

The pathways at AK are always crowded, even on the lightest of days. Are you saying NEMO is awful or the crowd control for Nemo? I loved the show.

This week at AK you shouldn't have to wait much for anything. I like the idea of getting a last ride on Dinosaur after the parade. There is usually a few minutes before the park closes. Or, if you can mange the early part of the parade, then do the Pangani Forest Trail when nobody is there.

The show is great. It is just that we have gone to AK several times over several years and found that after the NEMO show empties it is unbearable. MK was EMPTY on Tuesday and we were walking on the usually busy busy rides at 2 in afternoon. NEVER have seen that.

The week of President's Day is one of the busiest weeks of the year. The week after is one of the lightest. I have been to the week after twice. It should be a breeze.

have you been the week after President's week when it's Mardi Gras? All the Louisianna people arrived this past weekend. I think most of this week will be busy too. I really think the 4/3 deal went over very well.

Shows 5's and 6's for the week- shouldn't be too bad. I'm going this weekend and am expecting high crowds because it's Feb. but hoping for lower crowds because of the 5's and 6's!!

have you been the week after President's week when it's Mardi Gras? All the Louisianna people arrived this past weekend. I think most of this week will be busy too. I really think the 4/3 deal went over very well.

Of course, I can only know what has happened in the past. This should be a light week. However, a deal like 4/3 doesn't come along every year, so I can see where something like that could really pull people in.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter