There is no way my kids will wear a magic band.

Treysar

Mouseketeer
So how will that work with DAS? can they give me a card or something?
Also, if there are only 5 in our group and 2 are qualified for DAS, is there a reason why both should have it? They are 6 years old and will be together the whle time, plus they are identical, so we can easily use the card or whatever the DAS is for either of them, right?

You can always carry their magic bands, they do not have to wear them themselves. There were a few times on our trip that DS decided he did not want to wear his band so I just tucked it into my purse.

Although your children are identical they will often refer to them by name at returning. So if you think they won't say anything then you can try but if one of them is likely say that's not my name that's my brothers then you can get into a tricky situation. It is best to just get both a DAS and have them both linked to the full party. Then if one decides he doesn't want to ride he can sit out with his assigned parent for that ride. The only issue is it looks like you have 3 little ones. You just have to make sure DD is linked to the DS least likely to back out of that ride when you go for a return time. That is just because if she is linked to the other one and they sit out then her return time is invalid. It is very hard when there are 2 DAS and other kids involved. There was another thread a few months ago about the issue I'm describing and it came down to if your DD is linked to the child who sits out the ride then explain the situation to the CM checking DAS and see if they will let her through.

If you are staying onsite, and bought a package, your park tickets will be on the complimentary magic bands and that's where they'll put the DAS. You don't have to wear them at all - just put them in your bag until you need them.

If you are staying offsite and don't want to buy magic bands, then they will put the DAS on the park ticket.

Correct - my autistic son tires of wearing it after about....that long. I put it on my other arm and never a worry :) - have a great trip!

Slightly different-but kind of the same:flower:

My dmil (85 at the time-86 now ) wouldn't wear her magic band as it was 'too heavy'
Initially she wore it on her purse-this too became too much & it had a few problems going through turnstiles also...

The final solution was I wore hers also & had my photo attached to her mb.
One of my right arm & one on my left was rather fun.:rainbow:

Or if you really don't like magic bands, you can get hard plastic cards. I get the initial MB sent so I can use it to board ME, but the minute I get to Disney, I am switching over to KTTW cards that I can wear in my lanyard. Have done this every trip since they started MBs...which included 4 trips just last year alone (well technically 5 trips because we stayed pre and post cruise so they are technically separate trips by WDW guidelines). NEVER had a problem switching over.

We were there in September and it was so hot and humid the band bothered me. I have a slider and just attached it to the strap of my cross body bag. I was still able to hold it up to the scanner without removing it from the strap.

Out little AU guy tires of his around mid-day so I end up wearing mine on one wrist and his on the other. Then he stands with me as I reach out in different directions to scan both arms when we use a fastpass or his DAS. I'm certain the cast members see plenty of kids not wanting to wear the bands all day, special needs or not!

My oldest DS has autism and won't wear watches, bracelets, or anything like that so either myself or DH will wear his magicband for him.

I saw someone with 6 MB on in line in cent of me the cm barely looked up from the screen

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter