There is NO random dancing at Disney! A June TR *NEW 9/19 *FINAL THOUGHTS*

Sorry, I'm still trying to get caught up! :guilty:

No problem. I just caught up on yours!:rotfl:

What a great update! Your epiphany just helped me chill out - thank you! :hug:

Yea, I'm glad.:hug: Its a hard thing to remember when you spend oodles of money and time on a special vacation.

Wonderful pictures - love the genie one :rotfl:

I like that one too, even though Maddy doesn't love it.:sad2:

The pick a pearl sounds like so much fun! What a lovely idea to get their pearls set for Christmas :thumbsup2

I hope they enjoy them. I'm going to have fun picking out settings and remembering our time in Epcot.:goodvibes

I'm sad that I found your fantastic TR so late because it's almost over! :sad2:

Thank you so much!!:hug: I'm excited that I still have your TR to look forward to.:yay:

Looking forward to your next update though popcorn::

Later this week.:thumbsup2

I love this update. I'm going to keep your insight in mind. At the end of our trips I was think of the things we didn't get to do and want to do next time. I need to remember what we did do and how much we enjoyed them. Of course the "I didn't dos" keep us coming back.

Its true, those yet to do lists help to motivate the return trips, don't they?

I'm sad too that your trip is coming to an end, I've really enjoyed it.

Thanks, I'm enjoying yours, too.:goodvibes

You know what, you hit the nail on the head!! Sometimes we plan plan plan that we forget to enjoy enjoy enjoy!! That was what January was all about for me no rush I did what I want when I wanted and it gave me a whole new perspective on Disney!! I always have a full itinerary but I don't rush anymore, I try to stop and smell the roses and really enjoy what is in front of me and HAVE FUN!! Good for you for realizing this and having a great last night with your family!!

Good for you, Jen.:goodvibes Stopping and smelling the proverbial roses is a constant challenge for me, especially when I'm with my family and I've done all the planning. Sometimes it seems like having fun takes a back seat to getting stuff checked off the list.

I so want to Pick a pearl...its on my must do list for this trip LOL!!!

I'd love to hear all about it.:thumbsup2

Great last night!!!!

It really was.:goodvibes

:)

I am going to try and use your Ephiphany as advice fo rmy upcoming trip. I tend to do DL commando style and although this will be our 1st trip to WDW I'm going to try n just relax and enjoy it. Now knowing myself that will take me a few days to sink in still. :lmao:

I think you can get a lot accomplished and still enjoy every moment, it's just harder. And look at me, I didn't have my epiphany until the night before we left.:rotfl:We still had an awesome time.:thumbsup2

Ahhh the pick your pearl my daughter would love that if she was on this trip with us, next time for sure! Seeing your pictures of it reminded me of when I was younger and my mom would have Pearl Parties (i loved when the oyster I picked would have 2 pearls!) also I believe we used to pick pearls when we would go on vacation in Hawaii and I was so dissapointed when they didnt do that anymore at this one spot we used to always go to.

Wow, I bet that would be fun. Especially picking pearls in Hawaii.:cloud9:

Cant wait till you update again...but is it really almost over?

It truly is. I'm sad that I'm almost done reliving my family's vacation with all of you awesome readers.:grouphug:

What a great update!!:goodvibes
Love all your pics!!--and the pick a pearl looked like a lot of fun.

Thank you! It was fun.:)

I know that I am all about the planning when it comes to our trips and often think about what we haven't accomplished instead of just being in the moment and having fun. Great epiphany--I need to start thinking like that!!;)

I need to remember that more of the time.:thumbsup2

So sad that your TR is starting to wind down. I've had such fun following along on your adventure.

Thanks Angie.:hug: I've so enjoyed writing this.:goodvibes

Can't wait to read about your last morning at MK.

Another great update.
Question, How early did you get a spot for Illuminations??

We didn't get a spot earlier than 5 or 10 minutes before it began. We didn't have the best view there was, but it was fine. If you're wanting one of the more coveted spots, I think people start staking those out about an hour before hand, but it was just too darn hot for us to sit in the sun for an hour.

I am sad that your TR is almost over. Not Late for Breakfast I hope!:scared1::scared1:

Well....:rolleyes1

Loved the update Christine! That is such a wonderful idea of getting the girls pearls (rhyme lol) set for a gift. :yay: Maybe my niece and I will do that this trip....I always forget about it but she has a lot of money that she has saved from mowing my lawn and birthday money so we will look it up on our tour of the Japan......I wonder if there are any Mickey head pearls, I would be interested in those :rolleyes1:rotfl:

Thanks Tracy! Ooh, Mickey head pearls. I think finding one of those should earn you free trips to WDW for life!:yay:

Tracy

Oh no Christine! You're winding down :sad1: I've had so much fun reading your TR and I'll miss your updates when you're done.

Thank you!:hug: I'm going to miss writing them, but I've got your lovely TR to keep me entertained.:goodvibes

I haven't done pick a pearl but its a must for me now. :thumbsup2

Give it a try! I've read of people letting their boys pick the oyster for mommy, which I thought was so sweet and I would've done if I'd picked one for myself. There's a location at DTD and at the BC and maybe one of the water parks? Not sure about that one. I've heard that DTD has the biggest variety of settings for the pearls, but in the Japanese pavillion they make the biggest ceremony of the whole thing.

There's always some component of Illuminations that brings out a 'whoa' in me each time I see it. I love the little whispered blow out of the fire torches just before the show begins. :love:

I'm not even sure I noticed that! Maybe it was too subtle for me.:rolleyes:

The masterpiece is a hoot, the inner genie made me chuckle and Ian always seems to have a big smile on his face. :goodvibes Well done!

Thank you.:goodvibes I have quite a dramatic bunch.:rotfl:

Awww-I don't want your TR to end...can't you draw it out somehow...:confused3

Christine-I know exactly how you feel when you had your epiphany-the whole idea of being in the moment instead of planning in the back of your head the quickest route that's going to get you back to Splash or some such thing...when I look back on our trip...I also think some of the most special moments where not all about rushing to the next thing...but really relaxing...it sounds crazy but one of my favorite things was getting caught by a downpour in Epcot in Japan and just kind of chilling there-we heard that gong going...lol-I love that store...and sitting under cover just looking around and watching...

I'm so glad the girls got nice pearls and I am so jonesing to stay at the BC-between your TR and dismagiclover's...I love that you can just walk over to Epcot so easily at night...:goodvibes...I think next time (hopefully next October...:rolleyes1)

Draw it out girl...draw it out...popcorn::

On the last night, you just want to soak up the last precious moments of Disney after dark.

Strolling around Disney after dark is the best, and the last Disney after dark is very special.

Planning a meal for the last day has to take the sting out of an otherwise sad and dull departure day.

So true.:goodvibes

Can we look forward to seeing the pearls in their finished state at Christmas?

I'd love to post pictures if someone will allow me to hijack their PTR or TR.:flower3:

Hey that was a great reflection! It is funny that we rush rush and plan plan and in our effort to make the best vacation possible it is really easy to not 'vacation'!! So good for you. The pick a pearl in Japan looked so neat when we were there we watched, I think it must make a great momento! :goodvibes

Yes, I think in Disney its really work sometimes to remember to relax!:laughing:

I'm caught up!! You know having surgery really puts a damper in your DISing. I feel like I will never catch up. :lmao:

Pu-leez! You're letting major surgery keep you from your dising? I'm so disappointed LL!;)

You know, it's really hard to look at the bigger picture when you are at Disney and you feel like you missed out on so much. Heck, I even get that way when I'm planning a trip and trying to squeeze every little thing I want to do into the itinerary. It's hard. I just think that means I need to buy DVC. :laughing:

Yep, I think so too! OR perhaps Disney need someone to live in the stone cottage in the Canadian pavillion. I could do that for them!:rotfl:

On an unrelated topic...do we get to see a picture of the Chicken Run? I want to have chickens someday!

Just for you, my recovering dis friend, I took some pictures of the chicken run, coop and chickens yesterday. I'll post them very, very soon and then you'll all run away in terror at my red neckness.:rotfl:

I should never have let Aisling look over my shoulder for that update! You just cost me $$$ :rolleyes1 She absolutely MUST do the pearl this "next time we go to Disney" What is this butterfly setting???

Sorry!:rotfl: Aisling would absolutely LOVE it this next time you go to Disney.;) The butterfly setting is a pearl "cage" with scrolly butterfly wings. It was $10-15, can't remember which, and very cute and age appropriate. If you have it set, make sure you bring your own chain. Ooh, and there are some VERY cute Cinderella's coach pearl cages on ebay for less than $10! If you search ebay for pearl cages you'll find all kinds of stuff.:thumbsup2

I loved your epiphany. I often feel the same way on the last night. I really worried about that for this trip. We got spoiled with our 9 day trip last night and 6 days is going to seem super rushed :scared1: (although it was supposed to be a quick "weekend" trip :rolleyes1)

But the surprise element will make it so, so special.:goodvibes 9 days would be amazing.:cloud9:

Great update! I am one that makes a list of what I want to get done but if I don't it doesn't bother me. My kids on the other hand want to go and get every thing done. I like to take it easy and enjoy the ride.

We didn't do pick a pearl this time. They didn't seem interested which was OK with me but we did watch for a while.

Sanibel is a truly relaxing vacation, Disney not so much.

Oh no! I started reading and now the TR is almost over.....

First, you have a beautiful family! Love the inside jokes; part of the glue of a happy family, don't you think? ;)

Have to say I BELLY LAUGHED when I read about you getting on TSMM with that "other man" -- I am laughing now writing the response to it! So funny.

I am glad you were able to get back into the groove of just enjoying all you DID in this trip; I do the same thing, so I completely empathize. We're leaving three weeks from today and I am already stressing over what I haven't done, need to do, will we get to do??? that it's nuts.

Envious of the Beach Club! Total dream resort for us. Penciling that in for the hopefully near future. So glad you had such a great time!

Loved your great review of HDDR! We have tickets for a 5pm seating coming up, too. I'm assuming your "tier 2" (or level 2?) seating was fine?

Thanks for sharing your TR and your great family! Looking forward to reading more!

Great update! I am one that makes a list of what I want to get done but if I don't it doesn't bother me. My kids on the other hand want to go and get every thing done. I like to take it easy and enjoy the ride.

I think at Disney, its all about finding a balance.:thumbsup2

We didn't do pick a pearl this time. They didn't seem interested which was OK with me but we did watch for a while.
Sanibel is a truly relaxing vacation, Disney not so much.

Yes, they are VERY different vacations! And while I want to get up and enjoy all that the World has to offer, I don't want to burn out too early or miss the moments. Again, the whole balance thing.:goodvibes

Oh no! I started reading and now the TR is almost over.....

Welcome!! Thanks so much for joining in!:goodvibes

First, you have a beautiful family! Love the inside jokes; part of the glue of a happy family, don't you think? ;)

Aw, thank you.:hug: I sure do think they're special.:) I think the glue of a happy family is a great description of little family moments, like inside jokes.:goodvibes

Have to say I BELLY LAUGHED when I read about you getting on TSMM with that "other man" -- I am laughing now writing the response to it! So funny.

I can still see my family's faces, looking at me like, "What in the world, woman!" I wish I could say doing things like that was a rare occurence.:sad2:

I am glad you were able to get back into the groove of just enjoying all you DID in this trip; I do the same thing, so I completely empathize. We're leaving three weeks from today and I am already stressing over what I haven't done, need to do, will we get to do??? that it's nuts.

So that means today you're LESS than 3 weeks from your vacation departure!:banana: Yes, its hard to close out that mental check list, especially when you're the planner.

Envious of the Beach Club! Total dream resort for us. Penciling that in for the hopefully near future. So glad you had such a great time!

Our original plan had been 5 nights POR/3 BC, but then Disney in their infinite wisdom and kindness gave us an offer we couldn't refuse, namely buy 4 nights/get 3 and ta-da! BC became doable for 7 nights. We LOVED it.:cloud9:

Loved your great review of HDDR! We have tickets for a 5pm seating coming up, too. I'm assuming your "tier 2" (or level 2?) seating was fine?

I hope you enjoy it as much as we did. How old are your princesses? We were perfectly content with our table. It was off to the side, but we could see the stage well and I wasn't sure how my middle DD would respond to a lot of attention from the players anyhow, kwim? Make sure you allow PLENTY of time to travel to Pioneer Hall.:thumbsup2

Thanks for sharing your TR and your great family! Looking forward to reading more!

You're so sweet! I'm planning on updating Friday. Photobucket doesn't seem to like me enough to allow me to bulk upload anymore, so its taking a wee bit longer to put pictures in.

What a great last evening in Epcot. There is nothing better than the World Showcase at dusk with all of the lights turning on. Sigh. I wish I could be there right now.

The Pick a Pearl thing is so cool. It's nice that both of your girls were able to get a nice pearl. Do they know that you are getting them set for their Christmas gifts or is it a surprise? We watched a little bit in Japan as people were getting their pearls. You are right that they put on a good show, and that makes it a memorable experience.

I know where you are going to breakfast, because we went there too on the same day! Don't feel bad if you were late...we were too! :rolleyes1

I'd love to post pictures if someone will allow me to hijack their PTR or TR.:flower3:

I could possibly know some people who will have both of those going on. You know how one TR magically seems to tie up about two days before the next one begins with us. Between wrapping up the October report and starting the December one, there will plenty of chances for hijacking. We'd love to see the jewelry. Are they going to pick out what they want, or are you going to choose and surprise them?

No, you can't be almost done already?!? :sad1:

We spent the last night of our last trip at Epcot as well. That long, slow walk away from Illiminations... turning around to look one more time (several times)... so bittersweet.

Looking forward to your MK breakfast! Wondering if you scheduled an early adr at CP and got that coveted shot of your family in front of the castle ALONE. :cloud9:

Hello fellow Michigander! I just stumbled upon your TR the other day and have spent a considerable amount of work time reading through it. Oops! :rolleyes1 I agree that it's important to stop moving toward the next ride/attaction every once in awhile and just enjoy what you've gotten done. I know my need to always do more caused some friction in my recent trip. I think my DF's exact words were, "We've done so much already. When is it going to be enough?!" That definitely shook me into reality, of which I needed a healthy dose!

Great pictures and recap. I can't wait to hear about your final morning!

Btw, we drive from Michigan, too...nice to see we're not the only crazies! (We love the drive!) :goodvibes

What a great last evening in Epcot. There is nothing better than the World Showcase at dusk with all of the lights turning on. Sigh. I wish I could be there right now.

Me too.:cloud9:

The Pick a Pearl thing is so cool. It's nice that both of your girls were able to get a nice pearl. Do they know that you are getting them set for their Christmas gifts or is it a surprise? We watched a little bit in Japan as people were getting their pearls. You are right that they put on a good show, and that makes it a memorable experience.

I think I'll probably pick. I feel like I've got their taste figured out.:thumbsup2

I know where you are going to breakfast, because we went there too on the same day! Don't feel bad if you were late...we were too! :rolleyes1

Oh no, but too funny! Must have been the heat.;)

I could possibly know some people who will have both of those going on. You know how one TR magically seems to tie up about two days before the next one begins with us. Between wrapping up the October report and starting the December one, there will plenty of chances for hijacking. We'd love to see the jewelry. Are they going to pick out what they want, or are you going to choose and surprise them?

Thank you MeMom.:) I'm going to surprise them.:goodvibes

No, you can't be almost done already?!? :sad1:

Yea, I think if I tried to drag this thing out anymore, I might get some letters of protest, or tomatoes thrown at the computer screen.

We spent the last night of our last trip at Epcot as well. That long, slow walk away from Illiminations... turning around to look one more time (several times)... so bittersweet.

Epcot is a great last night park, especially topped off with Illuminations.:cloud9:

Looking forward to your MK breakfast! Wondering if you scheduled an early adr at CP and got that coveted shot of your family in front of the castle ALONE. :cloud9:

Well, that was the plan...:rolleyes1

Hello fellow Michigander! I just stumbled upon your TR the other day and have spent a considerable amount of work time reading through it. Oops! :rolleyes1 I agree that it's important to stop moving toward the next ride/attaction every once in awhile and just enjoy what you've gotten done. I know my need to always do more caused some friction in my recent trip. I think my DF's exact words were, "We've done so much already. When is it going to be enough?!" That definitely shook me into reality, of which I needed a healthy dose!

Hey there! Thanks for reading.:) What a great "snap out of it" comment by DF. Sometimes a wake up call is in order for all of us planners.:thumbsup2

Great pictures and recap. I can't wait to hear about your final morning!

Thank you.:hug: I just popped over to read about your planning. I'll be back to catch up and comment, but I have to say you and your DF are an adorable couple.

Btw, we drive from Michigan, too...nice to see we're not the only crazies! (We love the drive!) :goodvibes

Not crazy at all! I enjoyed getting to actually talk to my DH without frequent interuptions, as well as catching up on some reading.:thumbsup2

Hello All! My plan had been to update by today, but its just not going to happen, so I apologize. We're leaving for my parents in the next hour to spend a couple of days on Lake Michigan and to celebrate my birthday. :beach: I'm not too keen on that part, but apparently its a big deal for my mom that her baby is turning a very big number.:sad2:I'd really rather just pretend its not happening.:laughing: Anyway, I'll definitely be updating when we get home on Sunday. Thanks for sticking with me and have a wonderful weekend everyone!!:goodvibes

Hello All! My plan had been to update by today, but its just not going to happen, so I apologize. We're leaving for my parents in the next hour to spend a couple of days on Lake Michigan and to celebrate my birthday. :beach: I'm not too keen on that part, but apparently its a big deal for my mom that her baby is turning a very big number.:sad2:I'd really rather just pretend its not happening.:laughing: Anyway, I'll definitely be updating when we get home on Sunday. Thanks for sticking with me and have a wonderful weekend everyone!!:goodvibes

OH have a most wonderful trip and HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!

I *think* I *might* have turned that number last year. :rolleyes: Trust me, you'll feel better after it has come and gone.

ENJOY YOURSELF!!!

Enjoy the lake......... I have very fond memories of Lake Michigan! :cloud9:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter