There is NO random dancing at Disney! A June TR *NEW 9/19 *FINAL THOUGHTS*

Glad to hear your car drive was uneventful. When I travel a distance with my 3 I really would like to put them off at a unknown off ramp but do try to keep my sanity.

Whew. I mean, I like the moon as well as the next person, but really one can only hear so much about it before going slowly crazy.

:lmao::rotfl::rotfl2:

He just shook his head and pulled into the parking lot of the nearest one. I have to say, Waffle House was just what we needed. We got to sit down but service was super fast and the food was not bad, especially the hash browns. Yummy!

Ah, Waffle House! A Southern tradition! :lovestruc

Did you get your hash browns scattered, smothered, and covered? ;)

The next day we'd be checking into the Beach Club!:woohoo:

Oh, this is what I have been waiting for!!! :cloud9:

:

Ah, Waffle House! A Southern tradition! :lovestruc

Did you get your hash browns scattered, smothered, and covered? ;)

Oh, let me see if I can remember...nope, can't but mine were with onions, Amelia's were with cheese (smothered?) and George's were with everything and covered with chili!:scared1: His looked freaky but were actually quite delicious.:)

Great start! :thumbsup2

Looking forward to learning about the title.

I'm impressed you drove down. I'm curious to see how the second day of driving went.

Oh, let me see if I can remember...nope, can't but mine were with onions, Amelia's were with cheese (smothered?) and George's were with everything and covered with chili!:scared1: His looked freaky but were actually quite delicious.:)

I can't remember which is which, but I do know that everything on it (cheese, onions, and chili) is scattered, smothered, and covered. So, George's were.

Gotta sign up for a Beach Club report! We're going to be at the Yacht Club in August :banana:

Cain't wait to hear more about your trip. And hats-off on the drive, I don't think I could do it (though your kids seem to have done super:worship:)

Great start! :thumbsup2

Looking forward to learning about the title.

I'm impressed you drove down. I'm curious to see how the second day of driving went.

Welcome! Thanks for reading.:) Title explanation coming on Day 2 (AK):thumbsup2

Gotta sign up for a Beach Club report! We're going to be at the Yacht Club in August :banana:

Cain't wait to hear more about your trip. And hats-off on the drive, I don't think I could do it (though your kids seem to have done super:worship:)

Hello! Thanks for reading. Oh, you will love the Yacht Club!:cloud9: I wish we had planned more time just hanging at the resort. There was one not so nice result of all the driving that I'll go into a little later.:rolleyes1

hI Christine! :wave2: Nice to "meet" you. Yes, Captiva is nice, we've been there before. I'd rather be in Sanibel or Fort Myers and just visit over to Captiva for a day or two. I like to see and do on vacation. I can relax at home! :laughing:

Great TR so far- haven't seen the pix yet since I'm at work but you write well so I'll spy that when I get home tonight!

Can't wait to read the rest of your adventures!

Great start to your report! The Beach Club is so nice and SAB is so much fun! Great area to stay! :yay:
Looking forward to some pictures and seeing what the dancing is all about!! :cool1:

hI Christine! :wave2: Nice to "meet" you. Yes, Captiva is nice, we've been there before. I'd rather be in Sanibel or Fort Myers and just visit over to Captiva for a day or two. I like to see and do on vacation. I can relax at home! :laughing:

Great TR so far- haven't seen the pix yet since I'm at work but you write well so I'll spy that when I get home tonight!

Can't wait to read the rest of your adventures!

Hello! Thanks for joining in.:goodvibes We usually make it over to Captiva for dinner once, usually the Mucky Duck. You're right, its much quieter than Sanibel but so pretty.

Great start to your report! The Beach Club is so nice and SAB is so much fun! Great area to stay! :yay:
Looking forward to some pictures and seeing what the dancing is all about!! :cool1:

Welcome! Thanks for hopping on board. You are so right about the Epcot area! We loved the BC and SAB and seeing the Boardwalk across the lake. :goodvibes

Yay! You started!! I'm glad I found you today before you got too far ahead of me. :thumbsup2

So I have to know... how many hours was the drive? You must have driven about 18 hours on day 1?? And how much did it cost you for gas? Sorry if I'm jumping ahead in your report, but we are about 24 hours from Orlando and sometimes I wonder if driving is possible for us. :confused3 There would have to be a lot of video games. ;)

Hi Amy! Glad you bopped over.:yay: Hmmm..well, according to Mapquest and AAA, it should have taken us a little over 15 hours to drive to Valdosta, GA on Day 1. It took us more like 17, and that was on a Sunday. I HIGHLY recommend driving on Sunday because the traffic was negligible. We stopped fairly frequently though, including a lunch break where we go out, had a picnic that I'd packed and played some tag for awhile. Day 2 took us another 4 1/2 hours with a few stops and a little directional oops.:rolleyes:

Gas wise? We started out with 1/2 a tank and filled up 3 times on the way down for around $40 a tank. Yes, lots of video games, DVDs, books, stickers. I'd avoid Travel Lite Brights and Legos. Ask me how I know.:rolleyes: Oh, and the boxes worked great!:thumbsup2

HI. I'm in. Ate at Beaches and Cream and really thought the pool area was spectacular, especially for kids..

HI. I'm in. Ate at Beaches and Cream and really thought the pool area was spectacular, especially for kids..

Hi and :welcome: Yes, the pool was at the top of our Favorite Things About BC list. Sadly, we never made it into Beaches and Cream and I know there was a No Way Jose in there with my name on it.:sad2:

Hi and :welcome: Yes, the pool was at the top of our Favorite Things About BC list. Sadly, we never made it into Beaches and Cream and I know there was a No Way Jose in there with my name on it.:sad2:

I will pick it up for you in August. :flower3:

I'm in!

BC! I'm so excited. I really really want to stay at BC. Well in our case BCV....we are just too big! But....much as I want it....THV "fits" the crew better for the next trip. I kept trying to make BCV fit and it was like the prince putting the shoe on the stepsister. So I'll have to figure out a way to do BC some other time!

I can't wait to read about it! And SAB!!!!!

Waffle House. I :lovestruc Waffle House!

No Waffle Houses up here....I have to go to FL to get me some! Yum!!!!!!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter