• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

There is Double Cash back at Orbitz today through Ebates!!!!!! 4/22/13

Rebate is credited to my account already!!!! $105 :thumbsup2 Just have to wait for the summer check (8/15).

I would like tickets for next summer (2014). This would be an awesome deal and would also avoid 2 potential price increases (this and next year).

However, it won't accept my dates. Are the dates important? Is the voucher for certain dates that you specificy? (I know with YES tickets this was a big deal and voucher was only redeemable for specified dates.)

Can I add days at the park if I do the buy 3 get 2 tickets? Will it add the nominal increase or will I end up losing the deal?

I would like tickets for next summer (2014). This would be an awesome deal and would also avoid 2 potential price increases (this and next year).

However, it won't accept my dates. Are the dates important? Is the voucher for certain dates that you specificy? (I know with YES tickets this was a big deal and voucher was only redeemable for specified dates.)

Can I add days at the park if I do the buy 3 get 2 tickets? Will it add the nominal increase or will I end up losing the deal?

Yes the dates are important. Orbitz website says that the tickets are only good until sometime in December, 2013, (the 31st maybe.) The dates you enter for your tickets are when the tickets have to be physically picked up at WDW.

The tickets are upgradeable. You have to use the tickets once and then you can upgrade them and the difference you would be the difference of the full price tickets not the discounted price so you do still retain the savings. Hope that made sense.

If you are looking to avoid the price increase for tickets for next year you could still get them through UT. UT is on ebates, but you don't get much if I remember right.

So I went to check this out and compare prices with just buying straight out at WDW and I got $773 for 4 two day tickets thru Orbitz. $749 with tax at the WDW website. Is that correct?

Then I will get back approx. $77 from ebates in a few months?:confused3 Just trying to figure out if its worth waiting a few months for the $77 or spend less to begin with thru WDW.

Any advice? Am I doing it right?

So I went to check this out and compare prices with just buying straight out at WDW and I got $773 for 4 two day tickets thru Orbitz. $749 with tax at the WDW website. Is that correct?

Then I will get back approx. $77 from ebates in a few months?:confused3 Just trying to figure out if its worth waiting a few months for the $77 or spend less to begin with thru WDW.

Any advice? Am I doing it right?

Yes - that's right. The upfront cost savings is at the 5 day ticket rather than the 2 day ticket but you should get back the $77 so you're saving $53 overall. I saved about $150 but I bought 2 adult 5 day tickets and one child 5 day ticket.

Double again today through Ebates! This time you have to enter a coupon code :) 10.5 % cash back!!!!

In response to others who have asked: 3 day ticket, bumped up to 5 day is where you get a real savings!!!

Does anyone know how far ahead you can purchase tickets? Each time this deal comes around, it seems it will let you go as far out as your first day of Dec 31, 2013. Does anyone know when 2014 will open? Is it by year or so many months out? I would like tickets for 2014 and don't know when those are available. Thanks!

I'm still arguing with ebates about my cash back from a purchase of these tickets which was made 5/24/13. Why? Because I said that I would pick them up in September. So, even though the tickets have been paid for since late May, ebates will not even look into crediting my account until 40 days after I pick them up at the end of September. That will bring us into mid-November and a "Big Fat Check" for this purchase will not even be generated until mid-Feb 2014.

I'm not feeling the love from "Kelly" at ebates right now. Word to the wise: Lie about your travel dates if you want your ebates money to credit quickly. Had I known that they were going to give me the run around about this, I would have arranged to have my brother pick up my tickets when he was in Orlando in June.

Is there a problem if I put my name in to redeem to voucher, but the ticket is actually for my husband?

I'm still arguing with ebates about my cash back from a purchase of these tickets which was made 5/24/13. Why? Because I said that I would pick them up in September. So, even though the tickets have been paid for since late May, ebates will not even look into crediting my account until 40 days after I pick them up at the end of September. That will bring us into mid-November and a "Big Fat Check" for this purchase will not even be generated until mid-Feb 2014.

I'm not feeling the love from "Kelly" at ebates right now. Word to the wise: Lie about your travel dates if you want your ebates money to credit quickly. Had I known that they were going to give me the run around about this, I would have arranged to have my brother pick up my tickets when he was in Orlando in June.

That's probably common with getting rewards on a purchase when the purchase isn't finalized. When I book a hotel through my fave rewards site with hotels.com, I don't get credit until after the end of the stay. Your transaction isn't complete yet. That's why you can't get the rewards yet. I doubt you will get anywhere with the argument with them.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter