• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

There is Double Cash back at Orbitz today through Ebates!!!!!! 4/22/13

kenly777

DIS Veteran
If you want to purchase park tickets, today is a good day to go through Ebates.com. You can purchase through Orbitz and get 10.5% cash back! I bout the buy 3 days get 2 extra days free, plus got 10.5% back. (Family of four 2 adults and 2 children $104 cash back!!!) :cool1:

Many posters have done this earlier this year when they have had the same deal and reported success. That is how I knew to watch for the deal! :thumbsup2

Yes, they are upgradable. It's in the fine print on their site. I read through everything just to make sure. I bought the 5 day ticket and will be upgrading to APs on our trip in June. Great deal!!

How do you upgrade the tickets ?

Quoted from another post from today about the ORBITZ/Ebates cash back deal
"I recently purchased the 3 day ticket with the 2 free days with the water park and fun option, as it was the best deal.

I was able to pick the tickets up at downtown disney two days before I started using them. The 14 days did not start until the first day I actually used them.

I received the new plastic RFID tickets.

After I used them for at least one day, I was able to add days to the tickets just like any other magic your way ticket. I did this once to go from 5 days to 7 days, and the from 7 to 8 days. I did this at guest relations at the major parks.

The only risk is that the tickets are non refundable if your plans change, and you do not pick up the tickets.

I purchased my tickets in March, and the cash back is already in my account and will be paid may 15."

Hope this helps :)

I too saw this deal previously and bought my park tickets prior so missed out on this opportunity. Now that I see it's back, I am seriously thinking of buying them. 10% cash back is GREAT and the buy 3 get 2 day extra is a good price. We know it's a good deal b/c we just came back from a 5 day park ticket trip and had bought the tickets thru AAA.. the Orbitz price was cheaper, then the 10% cash back just sweetens the deal that much more.
Very seriously considering a late August/early Sept. trip. :goodvibes

Only issue is: you have to select dates when purchasing the tickets. I was going to put in for a 2 week window frame that way if we went a few days early or later than planned it'd be okay.

Does anyone know if you had to re-arrange travel dates, would Orbitz or Disney allow to change those dates?

I too saw this deal previously and bought my park tickets prior so missed out on this opportunity. Now that I see it's back, I am seriously thinking of buying them. 10% cash back is GREAT and the buy 3 get 2 day extra is a good price. We know it's a good deal b/c we just came back from a 5 day park ticket trip and had bought the tickets thru AAA.. the Orbitz price was cheaper, then the 10% cash back just sweetens the deal that much more.
Very seriously considering a late August/early Sept. trip. :goodvibes

Only issue is: you have to select dates when purchasing the tickets. I was going to put in for a 2 week window frame that way if we went a few days early or later than planned it'd be okay.

Does anyone know if you had to re-arrange travel dates, would Orbitz or Disney allow to change those dates?

I listed the entire month of August just in case, even though we are slated for 8/20-27. It didn't say we couldn't.

I listed the entire month of August just in case, even though we are slated for 8/20-27. It didn't say we couldn't.

Thank you for that idea!! Going to try that as well, but we are going last week of August into first week of Sept so maybe should do middle of the month, still give myself a 30 day time frame too.

Please excuse my ignorance but, i have never used ebates, how does it work and where do i go on the site to get to the tickets? I am worry about buying them if free dining comes out too. We are going Oct 9 - 19, so Columbus Day is. Right in the middle fd usually isn't offered then anyway right?

Please excuse my ignorance but, i have never used ebates, how does it work and where do i go on the site to get to the tickets? I am worry about buying them if free dining comes out too. We are going Oct 9 - 19, so Columbus Day is. Right in the middle fd usually isn't offered then anyway right?

I can't answer anything about the free dining, but for ebates I can. Go to ebates.com. Sign up for an account. On the homepage, click on the daily double button on the left hand side. This will take you directly to orbitz.com. Purchase disney tickets. Ebates will record the purchase. It should show up in your ebates account in a few days/week (?). Ebates sends you a check. You have to purchase on the day of the daily double to get the 10.5% (today). I found out after the last sale and had to wait about a month for it to show up again. Good luck!

Thank you for that idea!! Going to try that as well, but we are going last week of August into first week of Sept so maybe should do middle of the month, still give myself a 30 day time frame too.

Glad to share the idea. I thought of it this a.m. while purchasing :). Hope it works out for you!

Just bought my tickets for October trip! I have been waiting for this to come up again. Thanks OP!

Just bought my tickets for October trip! I have been waiting for this to come up again. Thanks OP!

You are so welcome! I was stalking ebates as I missed the last one. Didn't want others to miss it this time :)

I'm purchasing 9 tickets - 7 adults and 2 kids. I see the 3 Day Base ticket plus 2 days free option. Do I also need to select the Water Park option or is it automatically included in the special?

3 Day base tkt plus 2 days free
Adult $259.74
Child $242.29

3 day base tkt plus 2 days free plus water park selected
Adult $318.44
Child $301.40

I'm purchasing 9 tickets - 7 adults and 2 kids. I see the 3 Day Base ticket plus 2 days free option. Do I also need to select the Water Park option or is it automatically included in the special?

3 Day base tkt plus 2 days free
Adult $259.74
Child $242.29

3 day base tkt plus 2 days free plus water park selected
Adult $318.44
Child $301.40

You have to choose the water park if you want that. The $259.74 is the base ticket. (About $27 rebate). Or include water park for $318.44 (about $33 rebate). Not bad either way x 9!

Thanks op i purchased my tickets.

Now i see an issue, tickets are will call pick up. I am going in july staying offsite, i land Saturday night at 11pm and have breakfast reservations at mk at 830am on Sunday.

Is there any where open after 11pm to pick the tickets up when i land? if not how much time am i going to waste picking up the tickets sunday morning before the reservation.

Thanks for your help.

Thanks op i purchased my tickets.

Now i see an issue, tickets are will call pick up. I am going in july staying offsite, i land Saturday night at 11pm and have breakfast reservations at mk at 830am on Sunday.

Is there any where open after 11pm to pick the tickets up when i land? if not how much time am i going to waste picking up the tickets sunday morning before the reservation.

Thanks for your help.

I've read that you can pick them up at MS in Downtown Disney, but I have no idea what their hours are. I would also imagine that MS is open pretty early at the park in the a.m. Have a great trip!

This might have been answered from before. I am so sorry for that. But is this upgradeable to an annual pass? Thanks.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter