• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

There is a new thread:* Don't post here* 2014 BC&YC FAQ *MAY-SEPT 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.
We are checking in for a 7 night stay on 9/12/14. Just my wife and I this trip, so would love to request a king bed room. I have seen some conflicting info online though, about these rooms having a Murphy bed? We have a garden view reservation. Most important to me is a full balcony and highest floor possible, and we don't care about distance from the lobby.

Anyone have enough experience to say if full balcony, high floor and king bed is a reasonable request? Or is that asking too much? And any reviews on the king bed rooms? Any other suggestions on what we should request?

Thanks!

:wave2:Yacht Club or Beach Club garywitt?

Sorry, Yacht Club!

We are checking in for a 7 night stay on 9/12/14. Just my wife and I this trip, so would love to request a king bed room. I have seen some conflicting info online though, about these rooms having a Murphy bed? We have a garden view reservation. Most important to me is a full balcony and highest floor possible, and we don't care about distance from the lobby.

Anyone have enough experience to say if full balcony, high floor and king bed is a reasonable request? Or is that asking too much? And any reviews on the king bed rooms? Any other suggestions on what we should request?

Thanks!

Sorry, Yacht Club!

None of the rooms at the BC or the YC have Murphy beds. If they have an extra bed it would be a daybed. There are pictures of the rooms on the first page of this thread, so you can see what the daybeds look like. There are a couple different styles. All the YC rooms have a full balcony. :)

You can request a king bed but I've heard that there are not a lot of rooms with a king bed that aren't handicapped accessible. It doesn't hurt to ask, though. :)

I don't know much about the YC. We've stayed at the BC and BCV's lots of times, but haven't been at the YC in about 17 years. :faint: I've heard that requesting a view of the wedding gazebo will put you close to the lobby and give you a chance of getting a view of Crescent Lake.

So funny you guys mentioned this!!!! Bear in the Big Blue House, Rollie Pollie Ollie.....................my 17 DD could have watched that all day long. She loved seeing Bear at DHS (MGM?)!!!!

Teena: Hope you are enjoying every minute with that beautiful granddaughter!!

Dee: Hawaii???? Jealous!!!!!

Hi! :)

Can you please change my resort to the yacht club on Nov 9 to 11th. I was able to save 280 bucks on our stay from the beach club for those same dates with the late fall offer room only discount they just released. The past 3 trips I wanted to stay at the beach club but it seems the discounted rates are always at the yacht club so that is were I have been winding up. thank you for changing it for me!

Thanks!

The more requests you have the harder it is to fill. At the Yacht Club almost all the rooms have full balconies so that should not be an issue. List your requests in order of priority. So if you want a king bed most importantly, say that first.

This is just a shameless check on the ticker... should be just under 100 now! 49 days until the Texas move means 99 days until the retirement trip!!

Happy planning to those planning... Happy and safe travels to those leaving soon... and to ALL those going in August it's almost time!!!

Aloha Dee

Teena so glad you are enjoying your time with your girls!!!

~N

WOOHOOO!!!! Lots of fun coming your way Nannette :cool1:

Hi, checking in at the BC in just a couple days, I was wondering if anyone knows if soy milk, almond milk or pretty much any non-dairy variety of milk is sold at the BC Marketplace? I'm particularly interested in anything larger than an individual size, so we can have it in the room to drink and use for cereals, coffee, stuff like that.

Thanks!

They do not have any non dairy milks. I was there a couple weeks ago and Dee asked me to check. They only had dairy based varieties at the Marketplace. You can order from Garden Grocer.

The more requests you have the harder it is to fill. At the Yacht Club almost all the rooms have full balconies so that should not be an issue. List your requests in order of priority. So if you want a king bed most importantly, say that first. WOOHOOO!!!! Lots of fun coming your way Nannette :cool1: They do not have any non dairy milks. I was there a couple weeks ago and Dee asked me to check. They only had dairy based varieties at the Marketplace. You can order from Garden Grocer.
Did you by any chance look on the shelves to see if they had any soy or almond milk in the aseptic packages? I know that there are more varieties on the grocery shelf at home rather than the refrigerated section. I was wondering if the Marketplace might carry them on the grocery shelves too.

Bear in the Big Blue House was a favorite at our house too!

I spent many days at Playhouse Disney when they were little.

Funny thing - ds had a stuffed "Bear" from DHS that we gave to our dog "Mickey" to sleep with when we first got him. Now Mickey is super attached to Bear (he no longer has any stuffing though). So the love affair with Bear in the Big Blue House lives on at our house!

My son loved Bear in the Big Blue House so much he would watch it 20 times in a row if you let him. I used to love the little theme song. It was just the cutest little show!! I miss it. 2nd DS didn't really get in to it.

Hi Guys!! We've been having such a wonderful time!! I don't know how to post pictures from my phone so unless someone else does or volunteers to I will have to wait until I get home to post from my computer.

The party was great even though we had to move it inside due to rain. The special surprise was a visit from Captain Jack Soarrow. Lily didn't like him too much so he photo bombed her a couple if times!! LOL!!

We have been celebrating birthdays and have had some if theist amazing cakes I have ever seen Disney make!!

FYI.... magic bands do not like split stays. There is not a problem with the tickets but the band cannot accept you being in two different rooms in Check out/check in day and it messes things up. They said it's the same thing they use to have trouble with on the dining plan for split stays. Oh well,y August trip is only at YC, so no problems with that one.

DawnMarie, please feel free to post any pictures you see on Facebook.

Oh boy!! Have a change to make to my trip.. not YC cl part but at the CR cl part... I managed to save $750 this morning with the room only discount switching from CR cl to WL HONEYMOON suite:rotfl2::banana::banana::banana: Was a no brainer to make the switch!! The CM said ooooo the honeymoon suite is available at WL and it comes with cl as well AND it's half of what you paid so you owe us $13.61!!! The only question she asked was if we wanted to use the pool and since I know the pool is being refurbished I said I'm ok not having the pool... We will be there for 2 nights and then it's off to SAB!

Yay for discounts!!

~N

Add us to the list! We were able to get the RO discount for a GV room! So happy and excited for our first on-site stay! We're going to be there Dec 17-21!!

Hello. I woke up to a surprise today that the 30% off was available. I immediately called to add it on to our package but there were no standard rooms available. So I made a decision to upgrade to a club level room (since we had our heart set on BC) but I had to dump the dining plan. This will be our first time staying CL but also going without the dining plan. I will be cancelling most of our TS ADRs. I am so excited but a bit nervous as well.

Oh boy!! Have a change to make to my trip.. not YC cl part but at the CR cl part... I managed to save $750 this morning with the room only discount switching from CR cl to WL HONEYMOON suite:rotfl2::banana::banana::banana: Was a no brainer to make the switch!! The CM said ooooo the honeymoon suite is available at WL and it comes with cl as well AND it's half of what you paid so you owe us $13.61!!! The only question she asked was if we wanted to use the pool and since I know the pool is being refurbished I said I'm ok not having the pool... We will be there for 2 nights and then it's off to SAB!

Yay for discounts!!

~N

Now THAT'S a great deal!!!!!

Scott - I was wondering the same thing about the magic bands.

We got our first set yesterday for the first four days at YC. Got an email that the next set shipped today - for seven days at GF. Hope the tickets, FP+ and ADRs are all linked correctly! I was hoping that we could just use one set. I'm marking the boxes and already told everyone not to TOUCH those bands until we get to Disney!

Can't wait for our Dis Meet!

Me either! It's tempting to just bring one set, but now that I have 4 colors.....;)

While we are not doing a split stay next month, we too received two sets one for our A/P's and one for our GF stay. Not wanting to drag both sets, we decided to just bring our A/P set. A ticketing CM assured me that it would be "painless" to link our room to our A/P bands...guess we'll find out soon enough :upsidedow

I think we're all still learning!

:wave: Thanks! We love the Y&BC, they've overtaken 2nd place from AKL.;)

I see you have a GF stay coming up, too, love to see more of you over on the GF FAQ.::yes::

Done, and done!

Hi Guys!! We've been having such a wonderful time!! I don't know how to post pictures from my phone so unless someone else does or volunteers to I will have to wait until I get home to post from my computer.

The party was great even though we had to move it inside due to rain. The special surprise was a visit from Captain Jack Soarrow. Lily didn't like him too much so he photo bombed her a couple if times!! LOL!!

We have been celebrating birthdays and have had some if theist amazing cakes I have ever seen Disney make!!

FYI.... magic bands do not like split stays. There is not a problem with the tickets but the band cannot accept you being in two different rooms in Check out/check in day and it messes things up. They said it's the same thing they use to have trouble with on the dining plan for split stays. Oh well,y August trip is only at YC, so no problems with that one.

DawnMarie, please feel free to post any pictures you see on Facebook.

Hi Nettie! I'm so glad you're having a wonderful time! Interesting about the MBs. They really do seem to be hit-or-miss. Perhaps I'd be best to leave the AP ones at home....use the BC ones at BC....YC at YC and GF at GF? Maybe that would make the most sense?

Yay for discounts!!

~N

Congrats! My sister and her bf were upgraded to a HM Suite at WL last year and loved it. I saw pictures and that bathtub looked divine! :cloud9:

Also, shameless plug here, but a lot of you were so kind when we lost our pet back in December. I updated my lame excuse for a PTR :-)rotfl:) with pics of our new kitty! Our Grace was exhibiting signs of loneliness, so on the vet's recommendation, we got her a companion we've named Sheldon, and he's the cutest thing!

Wood Nymph said:
My favorite view is from the side that faces Epcot and is closest to the BC. There is also a section that overlooks the quiet pool. I would try to avoid the section of the villas building that is farthest from the BC. It is close to the road that the buses take to travel between the BC and the BWI and it can be a little noisy.The rooms that face Epcot sometimes have a view of the highest Illuminations fireworks.

Thank you!

Sent from my Nexus 7 using DISBoards

Hi Everyone,

I'm your french friend. I went to Yacht Club in august 2013. I fell in love :)

So my family and i are going to come back in july 2015. Could you add me at the be our guest list ?
We will come in july 9-20th.
I just can't wait. I'm so exciting.

Scott, with a split stay it messes up the account not the magic band. They have to be specially encoded because you have a waiting period between checking out of one resort and in to another one. If you get checked in before that time your account gets confused because it doesn't know which resort you are supposed to be in. After the first day hopefully it works out.

Yay for discounts!!

~N
Woohoo!! :thumbsup2

Hello. I woke up to a surprise today that the 30% off was available. I immediately called to add it on to our package but there were no standard rooms available. So I made a decision to upgrade to a club level room (since we had our heart set on BC) but I had to dump the dining plan. This will be our first time staying CL but also going without the dining plan. I will be cancelling most of our TS ADRs. I am so excited but a bit nervous as well.
Congrats! I find the DDP is overkill with CL so you'll be fine. You have breakfast in CL, then what we've done is have a late lunch either TS or CS, then enjoy the Appies in the lounge in the evening. There was more then enough to fill us up. We thought if we were still feeling hungry we could always go downstairs to grab something, but we never needed to. So we were fine without DDP.
Even when we don't stay CL, we don't get DDP much. I find for us it's too much food. And with price increases it's not a deal anymore. I pre load a gift card with what I would pay for DDP, and always have $ left on it.

Also, shameless plug here, but a lot of you were so kind when we lost our pet back in December. I updated my lame excuse for a PTR :-)rotfl:) with pics of our new kitty! Our Grace was exhibiting signs of loneliness, so on the vet's recommendation, we got her a companion we've named Sheldon, and he's the cutest thing!

Love the name!! Congrats on the new kitty!:cat:

Now THAT'S a great deal!!!!!

Yep I thought it was a good deal for sure... sure was nice when the balance due for 13.61! :)

Congrats! My sister and her bf were upgraded to a HM Suite at WL last year and loved it. I saw pictures and that bathtub looked divine! :cloud9:

The bathtub sounds awesome! I can't wait now! I was up in the air on CR club level anyway.. so saving half just made me jump!! Congrats on the new kitty!!

Can't wait!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter