• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

There is a new thread:* Don't post here* 2014 BC&YC FAQ *MAY-SEPT 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello everyone! We just switched our reservation over to the Yacht Club. We have only visited the resort in the past for dinner. I have a few questions....are there any garden view rooms that are close to the lobby? Would this section also be close to Storm Along Bay? (I can't really tell by looking at the resort map). Are there many king size beds at this resort? Lastly, is the self parking far?

Thanks!

I'm not a regular on this thread, but we've stayed at YC and BC a few times, I'll try to help.:)

There are YC garden view rooms close to the lobby, we stayed in one down a small hallway just past the lobby elevators. These rooms have easy access to SAB.:thumbsup2 I assume there are similar rooms on at least a few of the floors above.

Self parking is out past the bus depot and driveway, we did not find it all that far, but others might think so. It's a pretty walk, at any rate.

Not sure about king beds, sorry.

HTH!:sunny:

I am also wondering if the garden view rooms on the first floor have easy access to SAB. I have only stayed on the BC side.

We found the ones I mentioned (just down the hallway from the lobby elevators) to be quite easily accessible to the lobby and pool area.::yes::

HTH!

As for our ME, I need to call because the ones that came for my sister and her BF have my name and DP's name on it. I'm guessing that will be a problem, so they're probably going to need to reprint and resend those luggage tags.

Hey!:wave2: Thought I'd mention, we had the wrong resort listed on our luggage tags one year and called - they reprinted and shipped out our new tags by Priority Mail, I had them just 3 days later.:thumbsup2

Good luck with your MB collection.;)

We are checking in for a 7 night stay on 9/12/14. Just my wife and I this trip, so would love to request a king bed room. I have seen some conflicting info online though, about these rooms having a Murphy bed? We have a garden view reservation. Most important to me is a full balcony and highest floor possible, and we don't care about distance from the lobby.

Anyone have enough experience to say if full balcony, high floor and king bed is a reasonable request? Or is that asking too much? And any reviews on the king bed rooms? Any other suggestions on what we should request?

Thanks!

Hey!:wave2: Thought I'd mention, we had the wrong resort listed on our luggage tags one year and called - they reprinted and shipped out our new tags by Priority Mail, I had them just 3 days later.:thumbsup2

Good luck with your MB collection.;)

Hey! I know you!
Welcome to the BC/YC thread! It's where I usually hang out! :beach::boat:

29 days to go!!!!! Got our Magical Express packet yesterday and the email today that our magic bands have been shipped. They are coming via regular mail (for some reason I thought they came UPS), anyway does anyone know about how long they will take? For Mother's Day I mailed a family member a small package and it took 5 days to go from central NJ to south NJ. I can see my bands becoming the next flat Stanley and traveling all over before they reach their final destination.

Ours took only a few days to arrive to us in Central NJ once they shipped.

We arrive on the 29th too coming from CT, our flight lands at 905am taking ME to the Yacht Club! Hope to see you there!

This time I opted for a slightly later flight...we leave LaGuardia at 9:30,near rice at MCO at about noon.

I'm hoping for a payoff of less tired kids that night.

Hi everyone! We are just about 30 days away from our trip to Disney and our stay at BC!!

We are staying from 8/25-8/30 and have a late flight out of MCO at 9:30pm. new for us!!

Welcome to the family Emilyswish.... I will add you to the list and Dee will update when she returns.

Add us to your list please!

August 15-23.

Love the user name roliepolieoliefan! My grandson (who's 16 now) watched this everyday and some of my favorite memories was taking him to the show at MGM (yes I said MGM) with rolie and The Bear in the Big Blue House! I have you on the list and Dee will stick you on page one soon!

So excited we just booked a trip to the YC as a birthday surprise for my son :-) our dates are Aug 17th - 21st.

We booked a garden view room do we need to request a full balcony or do all the garden view rooms at the YC have them? Thank you!!!

Got you down too Bella! Welcome.

Welcome to the family Emilyswish.... I will add you to the list and Dee will update when she returns. Love the user name roliepolieoliefan! My grandson (who's 16 now) watched this everyday and some of my favorite memories was taking him to the show at MGM (yes I said MGM) with rolie and The Bear in the Big Blue House! I have you on the list and Dee will stick you on page one soon! Got you down two Bella! Welcome.

Deep sigh for Bear in the Big Blue House. If he was still at DHS, I'd be there!

We have received 2 of our 4 (!) sets so far. Three are for our 3 different resorts, and 1 is for being AP holders. Geez! I hope we can keep them all straight, and that they can be all linked correctly. I'm tempted to just bring one and keep it easier!
As for our ME, I need to call because the ones that came for my sister and her BF have my name and DP's name on it. I'm guessing that will be a problem, so they're probably going to need to reprint and resend those luggage tags.

Scott - I was wondering the same thing about the magic bands.

We got our first set yesterday for the first four days at YC. Got an email that the next set shipped today - for seven days at GF. Hope the tickets, FP+ and ADRs are all linked correctly! I was hoping that we could just use one set. I'm marking the boxes and already told everyone not to TOUCH those bands until we get to Disney!

Can't wait for our Dis Meet!

While we are not doing a split stay next month, we too received two sets one for our A/P's and one for our GF stay. Not wanting to drag both sets, we decided to just bring our A/P set. A ticketing CM assured me that it would be "painless" to link our room to our A/P bands...guess we'll find out soon enough :upsidedow

We are checking in for a 7 night stay on 9/12/14. Just my wife and I this trip, so would love to request a king bed room. I have seen some conflicting info online though, about these rooms having a Murphy bed? We have a garden view reservation. Most important to me is a full balcony and highest floor possible, and we don't care about distance from the lobby.

Anyone have enough experience to say if full balcony, high floor and king bed is a reasonable request? Or is that asking too much? And any reviews on the king bed rooms? Any other suggestions on what we should request?

Thanks!

:wave2:Yacht Club or Beach Club garywitt?

This is just a shameless check on the ticker... should be just under 100 now! 49 days until the Texas move means 99 days until the retirement trip!!

Happy planning to those planning... Happy and safe travels to those leaving soon... and to ALL those going in August it's almost time!!!

Aloha Dee

Teena so glad you are enjoying your time with your girls!!!

~N

Hi, checking in at the BC in just a couple days, I was wondering if anyone knows if soy milk, almond milk or pretty much any non-dairy variety of milk is sold at the BC Marketplace? I'm particularly interested in anything larger than an individual size, so we can have it in the room to drink and use for cereals, coffee, stuff like that.

Thanks!

While we are not doing a split stay next month, we too received two sets one for our A/P's and one for our GF stay. Not wanting to drag both sets, we decided to just bring our A/P set. A ticketing CM assured me that it would be "painless" to link our room to our A/P bands...guess we'll find out soon enough :upsidedow

We had two sets from our split stay in May. While we were there one of my husband's bands just stopped working. We were very happy we had both sets as we just got his other one and didn't have to deal with Guest Services.

Looking at the map of the Beach Club and the Villas specifically, it doesn't look like there are any rooms that have a better view than another. What are the main factors to consider if staying in a one-bedroom villa as far as room requests go?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using DISBoards

My favorite view is from the side that faces Epcot and is closest to the BC. There is also a section that overlooks the quiet pool. I would try to avoid the section of the villas building that is farthest from the BC. It is close to the road that the buses take to travel between the BC and the BWI and it can be a little noisy.The rooms that face Epcot sometimes have a view of the highest Illuminations fireworks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter