• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

There is a new thread:* Don't post here* 2014 BC&YC FAQ *MAY-SEPT 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have heard really great things about the food at the Crew's Cup lounge, especially the burgers, but I have never had a meal there myself. Thought I would share a very detailed and informative review from my friend Brenda:

Review of Crew's Cup meal by emmysmommy, August 2013

Thanks for posting that review. Crew's Cup Lounge is a great place for a drink/snack/meal. Perhaps there will be some spontaneous meet ups in there in August.

Today I finished all my FastPass choices and finalized my prized spreadsheet. Now the dreaded days ahead - 56 days to go and I'm ready to leave now! I could seriously be packed and out the door in less than an hour and I've got 8 weeks of time to kill! This is when I start pouring over trip reports and any other nuggets of information that I can use to keep my brain Disney focused while I count down the days.

:banana: :banana: :banana:

What is the bus situation like to Blizzard Beach? Are there multiple stops?
Also, a tad off topic, but do you have a water park recommendation for a family with 3 kids, 1 strong swimmer, 1 so-so swimmer, and 1 non swimmer with no fear of water?
I can't seem to make up my mind which to go to, but seem to be leaning toward BB because of the family raft ride.

Thanks!

Thanks for posting that review. Crew's Cup Lounge is a great place for a drink/snack/meal. Perhaps there will be some spontaneous meet ups in there in August.

:banana: :banana: :banana:

Perhaps...

Perhaps indeed!

Pink Girl I'm looking at you!

I have exactly 1 dining reservation... LeCellier for lunch on Monday. Of course I'm stalking you for Breakfast in France on Wednesday... then there is that lunch date on Friday that you'll need a restraining order to keep Sue and I away. Oh and on Monday the Captain's Grille opens at 7:30am so we may be eating breakfast there with Dee.

I'll be hanging around the resort all day Monday until lunch at LeCellier , then back to the pool/room until the meet.

~NM

120 days!!! :hyper::hyper::hyper:

So staying at Beach Club - is it feasible to have resort/pool day, but use our counter service plan for lunch at the France Bakery and be in and out of Epcot in about an hour? (no stops along the way)

I'm just trying to remind myself that I can use the World Showcase as a food court of sorts since we are so close!

That is very feasible, my family & I were having a pool day when I just had to have the croissant donut from the Refreshment Port right past Canada, so I sent my husband on his merry way to get me one. He returned not even 30 minutes later with the most delicious thing ever for me ( with a bite missing, I might add) & he even stopped along the way to get himself a little treat :drinking1.

Hey gang :wave2: I'm in post-YC depression :sad: I know you guys all know how it is, we had such a great time and now I'm just wishing I was back there again. I just finished my YC review yesterday, come check it out: https://erika_murphy.silvrback.com/disney-s-yacht-club-resort

Hopefully I can squeeze in another trip this fall for F&W! :thumbsup2

Great review Erika!!! I too am in BC depression, but I just keep looking at all our pics to keep me smiling. It was very nice to meet you at the pool, that was my first Disboards meet ever :thumbsup2!!!

What is the bus situation like to Blizzard Beach? Are there multiple stops?
Also, a tad off topic, but do you have a water park recommendation for a family with 3 kids, 1 strong swimmer, 1 so-so swimmer, and 1 non swimmer with no fear of water?
I can't seem to make up my mind which to go to, but seem to be leaning toward BB because of the family raft ride.

Thanks!

Blizzard Beach is the first stop on the AK bus. It travels from YC to BC to Blizzard Beach to AK. And then the reverse on the way back. It is a lot easier to get to than Typhoon Lagoon. When we were there in March you had to take the Downtown Disney bus to get to Typhoon Lagoon. I'm not sure what the route is now.

page 79-82

What time do the "movies under the stars" usually play in September at BCR? Thanks!

On the first page of this thread, Post 4 (Activities), there is a link to past activities schedules. Looking at the time for Sept 2013 is probably the best indicator of the time, although not guaranteed.

:thumbsup2

We are at our 60 day mark for BCV. Is there any advantage to checking in online in advance?

I think you probably save some time since you will have already provided your credit card info.

:)

How busy is SAB on holiday weekends?

We check in the Saturday before Veteran's Day and that is a planned resort day for us. We're coming from CSR and plan to arrive early (around 9a).

I'm hoping most families will head to the parks, but is that realistic?

I'm mostly worried about getting chairs.

Thanks!:goodvibes

I have never been at the pool in the morning (although I will be giving that a try in August) because my family is in the parks. I think most families, at least the ones who take breaks, tend to go to the parks in the morning and then return to the resort for some pool time in the afternoon. I think the only way you would have issues getting chairs, in the morning, in November is if there is a convention of the Federation of Chair Piggies staying at the YC at the same time as your trip.

I would have saved myself a heckuva lot of trouble if I'd just booked the bounceback last year for the Beach Club in the first place, lol.

We're going to be there 9/23-9/29

3). Thinking we're too chicken to take the plunge and do Boma for dinner on our Animal Kingdom day. Are there really enough selections for picky eaters?

2 out of the 3 of us have had breakfast there and loved it, but AK opens at 9, and the only reservation available for us is at 8:05. I don't how late that would make us for park opening. Touring AK in the AM really worked for us last year, and we were able to ride pretty much every ride we wanted (including EE repeatedly).

AskSiri

I'll add you to the Be Our Guest list

:cool1:

You are asking about dinner at Boma? I'll answer this one by posting links to my pictures from a couple of our dinners there. My oldest son is a relatively picky eater (he's getting better) and he has enjoyed our meals there. Can't remember if I have pictures of the kids' section of the buffet, but there are lots of "safe" options there- mac & cheese, chicken nuggets. But do you want to be paying buffet prices for that???

Boma 2009 (picture of kids selections)

Boma 2010

Last time we were at the beach club it was difficult to find a life vest so we asked a staff member and they said if its on or by a lounger and not on a child you are free to take it. Is that still the case?

:welcome: to the thread!

Do you have an upcoming trip?

I would think it is still the case that you can take a life vest that is not being used even if it on someone's lounger. They are provided for use while your child is swimming and should not be hoarded, although I have heard that some people take a vest and try to keep it for the entire week. Not sure how they get it out of the pool area though.

If there are no life vests in the size you need, you could also check with the Yacht Club marina to see if they have something available, but that could be a pain.

:(

Hi Dee

Please add us to the Be our Guest list--YC from 9/1 to 9/7. We had booked the WL on a bounce back as my husband and son really wanted to stay there. But now with the pool closure at the WL, everyone voted to return to the YC and since it is my favorite, I was not about to argue :thumbsup2 Looking forward to SAB and a
Sunken Treasure!

:welcome: back!!!

Glad to add you to the list.

:woohoo:

Ditto for us! Just got off the phone and changed to the BC. Please add us to the list. Dec. 23 - Jan 1:cool1:

:welcome: to you, too!

I'll add you to the list.

:santa:

After rearranging things many times due to schedule conflicts (darn kids and their activities ;) ), we will be coming to BC CL on July 22 and staying until July 25. It will be myself and my 12 year old daughter. We've not stayed during pool weather before so we're very excited!

page 83-86

EDIT - Squeeeal My 1,000th post.

:banana::banana::banana:

We are home now after having a great stay at the BC June 7-13 (me, DH, DD17, and DS11)

*snip*

Loved our stay and decided that when and if we return we'll come back to the BC!

Thanks for your review!!!

Hi Everyone! I have been here for a couple of days already but haven't had any chance to post...woke up early so I thought I would check in here. We have had an AMAZING trip! I was at a conference at Coronado Springs since last Saturday, but added on four extra days at the BC to celebrate my Mom's birthday. I left CS at 7:00 am Wed and drove here to check in before my Mom's arrival, and our Garden View room was upgraded to a Lagoon View Club Level room!!!!! I will post more info and some pics when I get back, but wanted to do a little celebratory dance right here with you all. All I can say is that the BC is still my favorite happy place, everyone has been awesome, and our room is fantastic!!

I do have two questions: WHERE are the couches in the lobby?? I love lounging on those in the morning when I get up before everyone else!!

And WHAT HAVE THEY DONE TO THE RED PEPPER DIP IN THE LOUNGE??? It has been replaced:confused3:confused3

Off to Epcot this morning:)

Congrats on your upgrade! I'm so glad to hear you had a great stay.

I noticed that about the dip in Catho72's photos!

:scared1:

Natebenma, got some (okay a lot!) of reading to do. DW and I are coming home to the Yacht Club 11/28 - 12/04. Looks like there is a lot of catching up to do. Looking forward to spending the summer doing it.

Katesdad

:welcome: back!

I'm glad to add you to the Be Our Guest list.

:cool1:

Happy reading!

I have been trying since we returned from the BC to post a video of the Presidential Suite. After several attempts with Photobucket and other sites I was finally able to upload it to Youtube. Soooo, if anyone is interested I titled it Disney's Yacht & Beach Club Presidential Suite. If you search Disney Presidential Suite and use the filter button to select "today" it should pop up.

I am forewarning you that the video posted seems to be really small. Also I am not very good at videotaping so watch at your own risk:)

:thumbsup2 You got all that but I kept looking for the barrel of monkeys that was heard around the 2:20 mark. Did the staff stock the room with the monkeys or did you special order them? :lmao:

Here is the direct link to the video : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bKhh5Z6bjjg

Keep in mind only one monkey appears in the video but he was on the phone...

~NM

Shari- thanks for giving us a heads up about the video and ~NM, thanks for posting the link.

I haven't added any of your pictures or posts to the Deluxe thread yet, but do you mind if I add this link when I do?

Hi! We have a room booked for the very end of January/beginning of February. I originally wanted to week before, would have arrived Jan 24th, but when I called a few months ago to book our room there was nothing available in the standard rooms. I was surprised, as these two weeks are supposedly some of the very lowest crowds of the year. anyone know if something is going on that week? a convention? tour group? or maybe the construction? I will be calling back next month to switch our room to a military discount and plan to ask if anything has become available, but now I'm wondering if I even want to chance it-would hate to get a room that week and show up and have it be crazy busy with some sort of huge group event!

:welcome:

Would you like me to add you to the Be Our Guest list for late January? Which resort?

:goodvibes

We are arriving on the 19th after a quick 2 day stay at Universal now.

When we get there that morning we have a 9:05 ADR at Boma's for breakfast. I have my touring plan setup for that day at Animal Kingdom that starts at 10:45am and runs until about 2pm that day.

My question is, can I get in to the park without checking in at the hotel? We are staying club level so I am wondering, if I can't get in with out first checking in, will I have enough time to check in before our ADR? Out last check in was a breeze. Took all of like 5 minutes on the club level.

I'll make the adjustment to your listing.

As Wood Nymph explained, if you need to activate your tickets then I believe you do need to check in first.

page 87-89

Well, we made it, after our flight was delayed for a little over an hour. Arrived at the BC around 8. A CM greeted us by name as we came through the lobby and walked us over to checkin desk. We were wearing our MagicBands, we used them a few times to checkin for the Magical Express. There were at least 8 people who got off the bus at the BC with us, but we were the first through the lobby doors. I still don't know how the CM knew our names with out scanning the bands. Do they have scanners at the door, can they scan from a few feet a way? A little freaky, but cool. The CM at checkin was nice, but a little clueless. He asked if we were hungry, then told us that the only QS was at the Marketplace. Hurricane Hannah's was still serving out by the pool. And, Cape May, although a TS, was taking walk-ins. We walked around the resort to get our bearings, had an impromptu, expensive dinner at Cape May, and found our studio in the villas. The resort is beautiful, especially at night. However, I'm very disappoint in our room. It's large enough, with great views of the quiet pool. We even saw Wishes' high flyers from our 4th floor balcony. However, there's little storage space to unpack a weeks clothing. The closet bar is set half way down, and the bathroom has hand rails and walk-in shower with retractable bench, and there is very little vanity space around the sink. I finally realized very late last night that this is a handicapped accessible room. Now, they all might be, but I doubt it. I'm going to ask this morning. AK at rope drop, or close to it, this morning.

Thanks for checking in with us!

Dee - You can add us to the list. I'm very excited that we are adding a quick trip in Sept. We had such a lovely time at the BC back in March, we just had to return. This time we will be at the YC - GV - Sept 24th to Sept 28th. :cool1:

The YC has a bigger discount then the BC. And the YC is home to two of our favorite restaurants, Crew's Cup Lounge and Captain's Grill. We've only stayed at the YC once, many years ago, and are looking forward to staying there again. :goodvibes

:banana::banana::banana:

So glad to be adding you back to the Be Our Guest list.

After rearranging things many times due to schedule conflicts (darn kids and their activities ;) ), we will be coming to BC CL on July 22 and staying until July 25. It will be myself and my 12 year old daughter. We've not stayed during pool weather before so we're very excited!

:welcome:

I'll add you to the Be Our Guest list.

:woohoo:

Oh and on Monday the Captain's Grille opens at 7:30am so we may be eating breakfast there with Dee.

~NM

Hi all -

Thank you for the information!

I was wondering - we have an adr at Biergarten and then plan on hopping over to MK - is it quicker to walk to front of park and take monorail or walk back to BC and take bus?

TIA :)

Hi all -

Thank you for the information!

I was wondering - we have an adr at Biergarten and then plan on hopping over to MK - is it quicker to walk to front of park and take monorail or walk back to BC and take bus?

TIA :)

Good question! I think the timing would be pretty close either way.

Timing estimates

Walk to front of park- 25 min
wait for monorail- 5 min
monorail ride/switch to express mono at TTC/arrive at gates- 15 min?

Walk to BC bus stop from Germany- 25 min
Wait for bus- 10 min
Ride to MK- 15 min

If I was already in EPCOT, I would walk to the front and take the monorail- (it is TOO a ride!).

I believe I am all caught up on the thread and the Be Our Guest list is updated.

Please take a moment to look it over to make sure your information is listed correctly.

Post 15: Be Our Guest list

hello, does anyone know if it's difficult to get connecting lagoon view rooms in the beach club? anyone know if they are in a specific location? thanks

Hi all - Thank you for the information! I was wondering - we have an adr at Biergarten and then plan on hopping over to MK - is it quicker to walk to front of park and take monorail or walk back to BC and take bus? TIA :)
Since the Biergarten is pretty far from the International Gateway, I think it would be better to walk to the monorail. :)

I believe I am all caught up on the thread and the Be Our Guest list is updated.

Please take a moment to look it over to make sure your information is listed correctly.

Post 15: Be Our Guest list

Dates are correct! thanks! I should also add that I am attending for the TOT 10-miler! So excited. For anyone else doing the race, I assume we can walk to HS from BC for the race? I know the starting line is all the way down at the HS entrance sign, but I am not quite sure where the corrals and pre-race area are.

Coming to BC in August and planning lots of breaks and pool time in the afternoon heat. However, I have no idea what to do during break time if it's raining! What resort (or nearby) activities do you suggest for a rainy afternoon?

If we go to Epcot and take the monorail to MK do you have to switch monorails at TTC? If so do you go out and get back in line for the other monorail? Sorry. Probably a stupid question but I've never gone from Epcot to MK that way. Can't wait to try it!

That is very feasible, my family & I were having a pool day when I just had to have the croissant donut from the Refreshment Port right past Canada, so I sent my husband on his merry way to get me one. He returned not even 30 minutes later with the most delicious thing ever for me ( with a bite missing, I might add) & he even stopped along the way to get himself a little treat :drinking1.

Did you report this theft to the authorities? This sort of thing happens all the time in my house. I have a feeling it was the food delivery boy... at least that's how it's probably happening here my house. It usually happens when I am too lame to get up myself and go over and get the big something delicious that I have hidden from the voracious hordes that populate my domain. I have a drawer in my house that is forbidden to all except me. It's where the Hershey's chocolate lives. The potato chips and the Werthers caramels also live there.

When the food delivery boys were little I could easily finger the perpetrator by the crumbs in the corner of their mouths and the smiles on their faces.
The next time you are a victim of a "croissant donut missing bite" theft be sure to look for those clues.

I have also gone to the trouble of making forensic bite plates of every house member's teeth marks, including the dog, who is frequently put forth as the primary suspect by the guilty party.... BUT those boys can't fool me! I know the dog doesn't have thumbs and thus cannot open the packaging unless it is chewed!!

~NM

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter