• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

There is a new thread:* Don't post here* 2014 BC&YC FAQ *MAY-SEPT 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.
When I was there last week BC did not have the beer cart. It was self-serve. I saw Erica's pictures from her live thread before we had checked-in and thought BC might have one also, but they didn't. I asked for a beer in the afternoon and they gave me two without asking. I felt kind of bad because I only wanted one but she had opened both of them. Beer cannot be wasted, in my opinion, so I just HAD to drink both! Sent from my iPad using DISBoards
When we were at the YC last weekend, not only was the beer and wine cart not self serve, but the evening cordials were also served by a CM, who was doing very "short" pours. The wine glasses were almost "tiny" and they were using standard small cordial type glasses in the evening. We also noticed that the desserts were very limited (no cookies) and that they took everything away at 10:00pm. The only things available were a few sodas in the cooler and coffee and tea - not even any water. They used to leave snacks (yogurt pretzels, gummy fish and trail mix) on the counter after they closed - no more. When we were there back in April, the beer and wine was not self serve but the cordials were, and they left out the snacks, etc. after 10:00pm. As the old song says - "things, they are a changin". If they are going to continue this trend, we will probably not be staying CL any longer.

Disturbing! Maybe I should call and see if we can switch to BC! I don't like feeling limited. Hmmm.

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

Disturbing! Maybe I should call and see if we can switch to BC! I don't like feeling limited. Hmmm.

We have not stayed CL at the BC, but since both resorts have the same General Manager I would have to believe that the changes will occur, at some point soon, at the BC.

Of all our CL stays in the past year, our stay at the WL was the best. We really like the YC, but I think it's time for us to start staying somewhere else. I just wish the rooms at the WL were larger.

I bet they would- hopefully someone will check that out sometime soon. I don't think someone taking a can or two is a problem, but I wouldn't be surprised if there was a problem with some folks trying to clear out the fridge of their personal favorites.

::yes::

At AKL CL we asked the policy on this and she said they can give 2 per person, after checking ID, on request, all day. Since it correlates with these reports, it may be a general Mickey rule :drinking1

I'm not sure what the best way is to phrase your room request, so I'll leave it to others to answer that, but I will add one note of optimism for the parking lot view.

On our last trip we had the dreaded parking lot view overlooking the plain not-so-attractive roof of the Yachtsman. At first glance I thought our view wasn't great but when we returned to the room at night we had a full view of Wishes. Since we weren't usually in the room during the day, I thought the bonus of seeing Wishes at night was pretty great for a Standard View room.

Thanks for the tip! We really like the front row center for fireworks so we are never in the room around that time. We are probably dancing in Japan to the pre-illuminations soundtrack in WS. Seriously I need that music on cd. Its so catchy!

Hey gang :wave2: I'm in post-YC depression :sad: I know you guys all know how it is, we had such a great time and now I'm just wishing I was back there again. I just finished my YC review yesterday, come check it out: https://erika_murphy.silvrback.com/disney-s-yacht-club-resort

Hopefully I can squeeze in another trip this fall for F&W! :thumbsup2

Great review...now I am looking forward to my trip this fall even more. :)

I'm not sure I like the idea of the beer and wine cart :sad: but I am glad to know about it in advance rather than being surprised later. :crazy2:

And thanks for the wonderful pictures. :thumbsup2

Here is a subject near and dear to all our hearts .Ninja Mom you will especially appreciate this . People who do not belong at the pool . Yesterday at the pool me an a DME member witnessed a gate attendant allow two young ladies enter the pool who were not staying at the resort , at first he told them no but they were very persistent and he finally relented after another lifeguard told him to let them in. Shortly after it started pouring so I didn't do anything about it then . However this morning I talked to the recreation supervisor about what happened I have to say she wasn't, very happy hearing this and told me she will be following up on this and take appropriate action she apologized and thanked me for letting her know. Also mentioned people trying to save chairs with pool towels , so she has been picking up towels at the unattended chairs all morning and early this afternoon until the skies opened up again . Having a great time and I got to talk to Teena this morning and she looks wonderful and we'll rested after her cruise and feeling much better .

I'm excited and a little curious about Stormalong bay (seeing its my first time actually staying at BC) and I also haven't been on a waterslide in like a quarter of a century now lol, what is the slide like? Is it a big slide, or a short slide? Adults as well, or more children oriented? Of course, there is a strong possibility that I may just grab something from Hurricane Hanna's and my book and sit by the pool and read for a bit. But you never know.

The beer cart is upsetting to us! We have little kids so dinner is always early. We usually stop by the lounge at 5 to grab a couple beers to put in our room so we can enjoy when we get back since it's usually just past evening hours. I wonder if they will still hand out a beer or two during the day for the pool hours? They typically would give you one or two in the afternoon when asked.

In my observation, the summer time seems to be the time where you have herds of people that descend upon Club Level, clean it out and then take piles of the drinks snacks back to their rooms. Much like the Chair Hogs it just seems to be the season for this...

Rule number one when staying at Club Level is Talk to the Staff and tell them what you need and the way you need it. You can ask and see if they can do it. They are there to help you and I think in the long run the fact that a CM is keeping a tab on things is probably better for everybody during the Piggy Season, so try to think of it like that.

I would approach a CM and say "I'd like to get some wine/beer/Swedish Fish or what ever it is that floats your boat, to have in my room for when I come back tonight and it is no longer out". If you need 3 beers then tell them 3 beers. Just let them know what you need and they will do their best to help you if it is within their abilities. Sometimes, for what ever the reason, they may have rules to follow or they may be out of something and they may not be able to set you up. The important thing is to ask them and see what can be done!

I'm glad that they are trying to keep the pigs at bay. Please understand that this is probably the primary reason a staff member is serving. Keep in mind people were removing whole bottles of cordials and trays of food! So this isn't about anyone personally, it's about stopping behavior like that from people like that.

Also remember that the Club Level staffers really like it when you talk to them and let them know what you need. They love helping people so engage them in that conversation. The first time I stayed Club Level I was really shy about doing this, even though I should have known better. By the end of the week the staff knew I liked a lot of lemons in my iced tea and I felt comfortable asking for a dish of lemon slices! Don't wait... talk to them! You'll be glad you did!

Here is a subject near and dear to all our hearts .Ninja Mom you will especially appreciate this . People who do not belong at the pool . Yesterday at the pool me an a DME member witnessed a gate attendant allow two young ladies enter the pool who were not staying at the resort , at first he told them no but they were very persistent and he finally relented after another lifeguard told him to let them in. Shortly after it started pouring so I didn't do anything about it then . However this morning I talked to the recreation supervisor about what happened I have to say she wasn't, very happy hearing this and told me she will be following up on this and take appropriate action she apologized and thanked me for letting her know. Also mentioned people trying to save chairs with pool towels , so she has been picking up towels at the unattended chairs all morning and early this afternoon until the skies opened up again . Having a great time and I got to talk to Teena this morning and she looks wonderful and we'll rested after her cruise and feeling much better .

GET 'EM DandyDad!!! I'm so glad you reported all of this. Chair hogging is only going to get worse... and this applies to all Disney resorts, not just the Storm Along Bay pool.

Just a reminder if you find yourself in need of a chair and they all seem to be "taken" with resort towels but empty of personal items or people sitting in them, take a chair and physically relocate it to a different area. It doesn't have to go far but if Piggy should come back he/she won't know where the chair went and thus won't know who took it so they can't find you.

I'm excited and a little curious about Stormalong bay (seeing its my first time actually staying at BC) and I also haven't been on a waterslide in like a quarter of a century now lol, what is the slide like? Is it a big slide, or a short slide? Adults as well, or more children oriented? Of course, there is a strong possibility that I may just grab something from Hurricane Hanna's and my book and sit by the pool and read for a bit. But you never know.

My advice for using the slide at Storm Along Bay is to have a Sunken Treasure FIRST, then go down the slide. Have another Sunken Treasure, go down the slide again, rinse, lather, repeat. After a few times around you can lay on the lounge chair and fake read that book while you take a nice nap. ;)

~NM

Dee - You can add us to the list. I'm very excited that we are adding a quick trip in Sept. We had such a lovely time at the BC back in March, we just had to return. This time we will be at the YC - GV - Sept 24th to Sept 28th. :cool1:

The YC has a bigger discount then the BC. And the YC is home to two of our favorite restaurants, Crew's Cup Lounge and Captain's Grill. We've only stayed at the YC once, many years ago, and are looking forward to staying there again. :goodvibes

Thank you for speaking to a manager about this!

:thumbsup2

I like to answer in pictures

From my trip report (and also posted on Page 1 in the Jib Slide post):

Let's Take a Ride on the Slide

Still have not caught up on the thread! By tomorrow morning I'll make sure I get all the new info for the Be Our Guest list.

Enjoy the evening everyone!

This may seem like an odd question, but how loud is the ac fan and/or bathroom fan at the BC? My kids all sleep with fans in their room and have since they were babies. We are flying this time so I can't bring our fan with us. Last trip at POR the ac fan was loud enough to serve the purpose plus it blocks out noise from loud neighbors. Anyone notice these fans or ever use them for this purpose? I know there are white noise apps but not sure if they would be loud enough to mask outside noise.

Does anyone know hoe much the pool noodles are at SAB? We may bring our own but if they aren't that $$ maybe we will buy them there. They are easier for the kids to use than the tubes.
Thanks so much! :goodvibes

I am curious on this as well. Is there even a place to purchase pool noodles at the YC/BC? Thanks!

Does anyone know hoe much the pool noodles are at SAB? We may bring our own but if they aren't that $$ maybe we will buy them there. They are easier for the kids to use than the tubes.
Thanks so much! :goodvibes

I am curious on this as well. Is there even a place to purchase pool noodles at the YC/BC? Thanks!

There are pool noodles for sale in the Beach Club Marketplace. Last time we had a price check, they were $4 each.

:cool2:

120 days!!! :hyper::hyper::hyper:

So staying at Beach Club - is it feasible to have resort/pool day, but use our counter service plan for lunch at the France Bakery and be in and out of Epcot in about an hour? (no stops along the way)

I'm just trying to remind myself that I can use the World Showcase as a food court of sorts since we are so close!

120 days!!! :hyper::hyper::hyper:

So staying at Beach Club - is it feasible to have resort/pool day, but use our counter service plan for lunch at the France Bakery and be in and out of Epcot in about an hour? (no stops along the way)

I'm just trying to remind myself that I can use the World Showcase as a food court of sorts since we are so close!

Yes, definitely possible. I would estimate no more than a 10-15 minute walk each way, which gives you 30 minutes to order your food and eat (or, bring back to the resort). This will, however, cost a park entry on your ticket.

:)

Yes, definitely possible. I would estimate no more than a 10-15 minute walk each way, which gives you 30 minutes to order your food and eat (or, bring back to the resort). This will, however, cost a park entry on your ticket.

:)

Awesome, thanks!!

No worries about tickets, we have 9 day hoppers specifically with Epcot (World Showcase and Food/Wine) in mind for our nights in October! :)

Thanks for the link to the pictures. I've only ever seen the slide from the walkway around the lake, never ventured far enough to see what its like aside from that. Only several more months to go lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter