• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

There is a new thread:* Don't post here* 2014 BC&YC FAQ *MAY-SEPT 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.
It is just as hot in June as it is in August! All you need to do is keep to a touring plan where you go out at park opening, come back at lunch time, take naps/pool /rest and then go out again AFTER dinner... when the parks are cooler and they are also open later. After the fireworks most people clear out but that is the best time to ride the rides with ever shrinking lines. If your kids are old enough you can probably swing this schedule, and if your kids are like mine, by the time August rolls around they are living the life of Vampires by sleeping all day and staying up until late at night.

In any case it might be time for you to sit the kids down and talk to them about the facts of life at Disney ; )

To save you time I shall write out a handy dandy script that works great for Husbands as well as children.

"OK family, everybody come closer. Mommy wants to lecture, I mean talk to you about our upcoming Disney trip. Now family, you know we are going in August and it's going to be hot... BUT it's going to be A LOT OF FUN!

So here are some rules to live by. First of all there will be no whining or crying or complaining or fighting. You've seen those magical express buses that take people to Disney... right? Well they can take your sorry buns BACK to the AIRPORT if you get on Mommy's nerves!!

Everyday at 3pm there is a bus FILLED with children whose parents have kicked them out of Disney World for fighting and whining. If your eyes are quick enough you can see their tear stained faces pressed against the window as they are dragged off to the airport to be sent home. No more Disney for them! If you LISTEN carefully you can hear Daddy and Mommy (especially Mommy!) cackling with joy and laughter as they go back to the parks unencumbered by cranky children.

Cranky husbands should also know that there is a bus just for them that leaves at 3:05pm, so they better watch their attitude.

When Mommy is finally footloose and fancy free of your whining carcass she will realize that hundreds of dollars are NOT being spent on YOU for toys and snacks and bottles and bottles (3 bucks a bottle!) of Disney filtered tap water and she will RUN to the Main Street Jewelers and buy that Dooney and Bourke bag that she has always wanted.

Sometimes the Mommies don't go back, they just stay at Walt Disney World in the Beach Club Fantasy Suite where they don't have to cook or do your laundry or drive you around for hours to get to those athletic competitions where she has to use a 'porta potty" (Shudders!). The fact that Mommy ever HAD to use a porta pottie just so you could run around a ball field all weekend is enough of a reason for you to decide that you will do everything in your power to make sure Mommy has an AWESOME trip!

And here's another thought.... If Mommy has a good trip Mommy will want to go back to Walt Disney World and IF you are lucky and well behaved she might want to take you. Daddy will take one look at all the credit card charges and never want to go back again, but like they say in that movie "A Greek Wedding", "A man is the head but the woman is the neck and the neck turns the head..."

So play your cards right and behave on this Disney trip... or Mommy will just go herself and she may very well forget about you."

~NM

:rotfl2: this made me laugh out loud as I read it. I wish I would've had this speech yesterday warning of the bus that takes cranky children out of PNC park and sends their sorry buns home. I would've paid big bucks for that bus!!!!!!

Thanks everyone for the encouragement that a fun trip can be had in August. We have done June, so I was happy to hear August is really no worse.

When Mommy is finally footloose and fancy free of your whining carcass she will realize that hundreds of dollars are NOT being spent on YOU for toys and snacks and bottles and bottles (3 bucks a bottle!) of Disney filtered tap water and she will RUN to the Main Street Jewelers and buy that Dooney and Bourke bag that she has always wanted.

Lol! Isn't this what we did kind of in December!?!?!

~N

We are home now after having a great stay at the BC June 7-13 (me, DH, DD17, and DS11)

We had a garden view room on the 4th floor. Room #4532 which was facing Epcot. If you look to the right you could make out the giant golf ball :-) and at night see the fireworks. Our room was also at the end of a hallway and right next to the staircase that takes you down to the side of the resort (a little ways down from the secret entrance). The location was great for going to Epcot as we were just minutes away. A bit of a trek from the elevators but not bad.

We did online check-in and requested full balcony and high floor -- got both! I'm guessing the 5th floor is reserved for club rooms.

The room was quiet in terms of location but the walls are paper thin. We could hear our neighbors clearly and knew exactly when they got in at night (as I'm sure they knew exactly when we got up in the morning). They weren't loud partiers but it did wake us a couple nights.

Housekeeping and staff were great and every request (extra shampoo, towels, help with bags) was taken care of right away.

We didn't eat at the resort except to order dinner the night we checked in. Our flight arrived at 7pm and by the time we got there we just wanted to eat something and rest. We got food from the Beach Club Marketplace -- DH and I got the quinoa veggie wrap (DH liked his but I didn't care for the marinated vegetables included), DD17 got the chicken caesar (she liked it), and DS11 got the individual cheese flatbread (he'll like anything related to pizza so he liked it).

We ordered breakfast items (cereal, fruit, yogurt, soy milk) and a case of water from Garden Grocer. Our order was there when we arrived (they sent me a text around when our plane landed that it was delivered) and bell services delivered it to our room. Except for one yogurt container broken (I blame those flimsy tops yogurts use now) everything was great.

Transportation

We used the busses everywhere except for Epcot and DHS. Busses seemed to run frequently and efficiently. BC only shared with YC (except for DTD) so not a lot of waiting. A few times the buss was quite full so that meant standing room only but wasn't a big deal. The only ride that seemed to be bad was Downtown Disney as it was shared with Swan/Dolphin/YC/BC/BW so there were a lot of stops.

We took the boat to DHS in the morning (I wanted to walk but the kids complained about too much walking). The boat was nice and prompt. However, leaving DHS maybe because of the storm boat service was closed so we took a bus that stopped at the Swan, Dolphin, and YC before the BC so that seemed to take quite a while.

Resort Amenities / Pool

We really didn't stick around the BC too much during the day and were there only to sleep and get ready. We did use the pool one afternoon which was very refreshing for a hot day. DS liked the pirate slide and DH & I floated on inner tubes along the lazy river. DD stayed in the room and slept. :-)

Loved our stay and decided that when and if we return we'll come back to the BC!

It is just as hot in June as it is in August! All you need to do is keep to a touring plan where you go out at park opening, come back at lunch time, take naps/pool /rest and then go out again AFTER dinner... when the parks are cooler and they are also open later. After the fireworks most people clear out but that is the best time to ride the rides with ever shrinking lines. If your kids are old enough you can probably swing this schedule, and if your kids are like mine, by the time August rolls around they are living the life of Vampires by sleeping all day and staying up until late at night. In any case it might be time for you to sit the kids down and talk to them about the facts of life at Disney ; ) To save you time I shall write out a handy dandy script that works great for Husbands as well as children. "OK family, everybody come closer. Mommy wants to lecture, I mean talk to you about our upcoming Disney trip. Now family, you know we are going in August and it's going to be hot... BUT it's going to be A LOT OF FUN! So here are some rules to live by. First of all there will be no whining or crying or complaining or fighting. You've seen those magical express buses that take people to Disney... right? Well they can take your sorry buns BACK to the AIRPORT if you get on Mommy's nerves!! Everyday at 3pm there is a bus FILLED with children whose parents have kicked them out of Disney World for fighting and whining. If your eyes are quick enough you can see their tear stained faces pressed against the window as they are dragged off to the airport to be sent home. No more Disney for them! If you LISTEN carefully you can hear Daddy and Mommy (especially Mommy!) cackling with joy and laughter as they go back to the parks unencumbered by cranky children. Cranky husbands should also know that there is a bus just for them that leaves at 3:05pm, so they better watch their attitude. When Mommy is finally footloose and fancy free of your whining carcass she will realize that hundreds of dollars are NOT being spent on YOU for toys and snacks and bottles and bottles (3 bucks a bottle!) of Disney filtered tap water and she will RUN to the Main Street Jewelers and buy that Dooney and Bourke bag that she has always wanted. Sometimes the Mommies don't go back, they just stay at Walt Disney World in the Beach Club Fantasy Suite where they don't have to cook or do your laundry or drive you around for hours to get to those athletic competitions where she has to use a 'porta potty" (Shudders!). The fact that Mommy ever HAD to use a porta pottie just so you could run around a ball field all weekend is enough of a reason for you to decide that you will do everything in your power to make sure Mommy has an AWESOME trip! And here's another thought.... If Mommy has a good trip Mommy will want to go back to Walt Disney World and IF you are lucky and well behaved she might want to take you. Daddy will take one look at all the credit card charges and never want to go back again, but like they say in that movie "A Greek Wedding", "A man is the head but the woman is the neck and the neck turns the head..." So play your cards right and behave on this Disney trip... or Mommy will just go herself and she may very well forget about you." ~NM
OMG!! This had me cracking up!! So funny that this fits my family perfectly! The part about the husbands is great too!! Loved it!!

Thanks for the trip report! One question: was your garden grocer order just delivered or did you need to pay a special fee for such deliveries?

I just spit out my coffee covering my computer screen as I read this!!! :rotfl2:
Once I read a post as I took a large sip of water and most of it came out of my nose I was laughing so hard

It is just as hot in June as it is in August! All you need to do is keep to a touring plan where you go out at park opening, come back at lunch time, take naps/pool /rest and then go out again AFTER dinner... when the parks are cooler and they are also open later. After the fireworks most people clear out but that is the best time to ride the rides with ever shrinking lines. If your kids are old enough you can probably swing this schedule, and if your kids are like mine, by the time August rolls around they are living the life of Vampires by sleeping all day and staying up until late at night.

In any case it might be time for you to sit the kids down and talk to them about the facts of life at Disney ; )

To save you time I shall write out a handy dandy script that works great for Husbands as well as children.

"OK family, everybody come closer. Mommy wants to lecture, I mean talk to you about our upcoming Disney trip. Now family, you know we are going in August and it's going to be hot... BUT it's going to be A LOT OF FUN!

So here are some rules to live by. First of all there will be no whining or crying or complaining or fighting. You've seen those magical express buses that take people to Disney... right? Well they can take your sorry buns BACK to the AIRPORT if you get on Mommy's nerves!!

Everyday at 3pm there is a bus FILLED with children whose parents have kicked them out of Disney World for fighting and whining. If your eyes are quick enough you can see their tear stained faces pressed against the window as they are dragged off to the airport to be sent home. No more Disney for them! If you LISTEN carefully you can hear Daddy and Mommy (especially Mommy!) cackling with joy and laughter as they go back to the parks unencumbered by cranky children.

Cranky husbands should also know that there is a bus just for them that leaves at 3:05pm, so they better watch their attitude.

Sometimes the Mommies don't go back, they just stay at Walt Disney World in the Beach Club Fantasy Suite where they don't have to cook or do your laundry or drive you around for hours to get to those athletic competitions where she has to use a 'porta potty" (Shudders!). The fact that Mommy ever HAD to use a porta pottie just so you could run around a ball field all weekend is enough of a reason for you to decide that you will do everything in your power to make sure Mommy has an AWESOME trip!

And here's another thought.... If Mommy has a good trip Mommy will want to go back to Walt Disney World and IF you are lucky and well behaved she might want to take you. Daddy will take one look at all the credit card charges and never want to go back again, but like they say in that movie "A Greek Wedding", "A man is the head but the woman is the neck and the neck turns the head..."

So play your cards right and behave on this Disney trip... or Mommy will just go herself and she may very well forget about you."

~NM

Rules to live by for sure

Lol! Isn't this what we did kind of in December!?!?!

~N

AHHH, I have been hunting that bag to no avail

Thanks for the trip report! One question: was your garden grocer order just delivered or did you need to pay a special fee for such deliveries?

Garden Grocer is actually a grocery delivery service that many people use to deliver groceries to Disney resorts. They charge a delivery fee (I think it's $15). The prices are reasonable and their service is great. After I placed an order I actually received a call confirming everything.

If you are not in your room when they deliver (or in our case checked in yet) the resort will store your items and keep anything needing refrigeration cold.

For us, it saved us money and time eating our breakfast in the room.

phoebec, enroll your kids in karate. I keep telling mine that it's good practice for Disney in August. At the very least, Mickey won't be telling them to give him ten push ups in an unconditioned dojang because they can't remember the Korean phrase for front snap kick.

I'll let you know how it worked out for me on August 24th. Might be too late to help you, though.

NM as always you get my days off to a great start :rotfl:
Seriously a career in behavioral psychology awaits you :lmao:
Love your sense of humour :thumbsup2

Hi Everyone! I have been here for a couple of days already but haven't had any chance to post...woke up early so I thought I would check in here. We have had an AMAZING trip! I was at a conference at Coronado Springs since last Saturday, but added on four extra days at the BC to celebrate my Mom's birthday. I left CS at 7:00 am Wed and drove here to check in before my Mom's arrival, and our Garden View room was upgraded to a Lagoon View Club Level room!!!!! I will post more info and some pics when I get back, but wanted to do a little celebratory dance right here with you all. All I can say is that the BC is still my favorite happy place, everyone has been awesome, and our room is fantastic!!

I do have two questions: WHERE are the couches in the lobby?? I love lounging on those in the morning when I get up before everyone else!!

And WHAT HAVE THEY DONE TO THE RED PEPPER DIP IN THE LOUNGE??? It has been replaced:confused3:confused3

Off to Epcot this morning:)

Natebenma, got some (okay a lot!) of reading to do. DW and I are coming home to the Yacht Club 11/28 - 12/04. Looks like there is a lot of catching up to do. Looking forward to spending the summer doing it.

Katesdad

Natebenma, got some (okay a lot!) of reading to do. DW and I are coming home to the Yacht Club 11/28 - 12/04. Looks like there is a lot of catching up to do. Looking forward to spending the summer doing it.

Katesdad

:wave2::wave2::wave2:

I am on my way out for the day, but just wanted to say it is GREAT to see you here again.

:goodvibes

I am a few days behind on the thread, I will catch up tonight or tomorrow morning. I know I have several people to add to the Be Our Guest list.

:cool1:

Off to a local amusement park for Ben's 7th grade class trip (Canobie Lake Park for you New Englanders)

Hope everyone has a great day!!!

:cool2:

Fastpass+ booked. :cool1:

Now to take a step back and look at what I have actually booked and start tweaking :lmao:

We are home now after having a great stay at the BC June 7-13 (me, DH, DD17, and DS11)

Loved our stay and decided that when and if we return we'll come back to the BC!
Thanks for your review! I only requested full balcony. I don't care from there, as I'm so giddy it's only 2 days till we leave for WDW, 5 days until BC!!

Hi Everyone! I have been here for a couple of days already but haven't had any chance to post...woke up early so I thought I would check in here. We have had an AMAZING trip! I was at a conference at Coronado Springs since last Saturday, but added on four extra days at the BC to celebrate my Mom's birthday. I left CS at 7:00 am Wed and drove here to check in before my Mom's arrival, and our Garden View room was upgraded to a Lagoon View Club Level room!!!!!

:cool1: Yay for you! Thanks for checking in, and have fun at Epcot!

WHERE are the couches in the lobby?? I love lounging on those in the morning when I get up before everyone else!!

I don't know about the lobby but there are a few couches in the Solarium. That would be a lovely place to lounge in the morning. :)

Have a great trip and thanks for the mini report. :goodvibes

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter