• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

There is a new thread:* Don't post here* 2014 BC&YC FAQ *MAY-SEPT 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ycfan so glad you are going to the meet-it will work wonders for your heart and soul to be among friends :)

Just bought a ticket for tomorrow nights lottery (top prize 85 million pounds)-if I win we shall all go to the meet lol. Keep those fingers and toes crossed :0

Hello Everyone!!! Doing the happy dance because we just booked a YC CL stay for Nov. 29-12/6!!! :cool1:

I have stayed at the Beach Club twice before, and at the Boardwalk, but never at the Yacht Club, so I am very excited!

We are going to have 5 in our room, so we are "stuck" with Standard View. Has anyone else stayed Standard View Club Level at Yacht Club that has pictures of their view?

Here is a link to the Yacht Club room view thread. It looks like all four of these rooms are club level - standard view.

http://www.disboards.com/showpost.php?p=47378795&postcount=2

:)

So who woulda thunk this ... Beaches and Cream ADRs have been harder to get than BOG dinner. I have tried almost daily to get a reservation during our 8 day stay for months. Nothing. Nada. Ive been able to get BOG reservations at 6 weeks and 4 weeks out (which I released b/c we got FP for lunch).

I REALLY wanted lunch at B&C next monday, but sadly it seems like it won't happen and I'm so bummed. We are a fam of 5 and I think that is what is making it so difficult. I even looked for tables of 3 and 3, 4 and 2, you name it.

Everyone please send positive pixie dust vibes that a cancellation comes up so we can finally try it out!

I certainly will send pixiedust: your way. For what it is worth, we found during a recent visit in May that if you are able to show up around 11AM when they open, you have a better chance of getting seated if you do not have an ADR. :)

Guess where I'm sitting?!?!?!?!

In the CL lounge at BC!!!!!!!!

We are enjoying some yummy chips with dressing, Swedish fish and apples. They've added hummus and a yummy sparkling punch to the afternoon offerings.

Vilma checked us in and we received a room with a day bed after the first room assigned to us didn't have one.

We are off to SAB! Ta ta for now!

Yer KILLIN ME!!! Have a Fantastic time!

~ For those of you taking an adults only trip to the world and feeling guilty about leaving the kids behind (LEAVE them!)... Have you considered telling your children that you are going to a Convention? You could tell them you were going to Lake Buena Vista, which is the location of the resort without using the "O" word (Orlando).

And Pink Girl, Don't feel too put out! We are going to hang at the pool when you finally get there. Ninja Mom will be there in the late morning, early after noon time and she will fill you in on all the dirty details about the Dis Meet AND hopefully she will be able to make Cocktail recommendations! :thumbsup2

~NM
PS. Here is Nannette's complimentary Cow of the day picture:

Funny+Cow.jpg

Guess where I'm sitting?!?!?!?!

In the CL lounge at BC!!!!!!!!

We are enjoying some yummy chips with dressing, Swedish fish and apples. They've added hummus and a yummy sparkling punch to the afternoon offerings.

Vilma checked us in and we received a room with a day bed after the first room assigned to us didn't have one.

We are off to SAB! Ta ta for now!
This post means absolutely NOTHING unless you add pictures. :rolleyes1

Wait!!!

There's food at Disney???

:drinking1
Apparently so! Who knew? :ccat:

Heh, heh, heh... you coming to the meet or do we have to twist your toe to get you to show up? Perhaps bribe you with a Sunken Treasure??

~NM

Stop, stop it hurts!!!

Not sure if we'll make it or not. We need to have DS back at college in Melbourne the weekend before the meet and we already have another quick YC stay planned in October to meet up with some friends coming down from PA.

Maybe I can convince my DW that we need a "Minnie"-vacation. :rolleyes1

Until a few days ago we didn't think we would be able to take a family vacation this summer. Sudden changes at work freed up a week and now we are booked BC CL, arriving July 26! We are so excited about our 2nd stay at BC and now the serious planning begins!

our first stay at BC is Aug 12-19. Stormalong Bay looks awesome, but can it be hard to keep track of kiddos in it? I have 3 kids, ages 11, 9 and 6. The 11 year old is a strong swimmer, the other 2 not so much. My DH is not a fan of water, but will help me out. What is the best way to do this? Everyone stay together and move to different areas as a group? Do you think its safe to send an 11 year old on the slide by himself? Is there a swimming area near the slide exit where we can hang out and try to keep track of him? Any advice or info you could share would be greatly appreciated!

Ycfan so glad you are going to the meet-it will work wonders for your heart and soul to be among friends :)

Just bought a ticket for tomorrow nights lottery (top prize 85 million pounds)-if I win we shall all go to the meet lol. Keep those fingers and toes crossed :0

Buzzy and I will keep our eyes crossed for you... and Buzzy has a LOT of EYES!

Stop, stop it hurts!!!

Not sure if we'll make it or not. We need to have DS back at college in Melbourne the weekend before the meet and we already have another quick YC stay planned in October to meet up with some friends coming down from PA.

Maybe I can convince my DW that we need a "Minnie"-vacation. :rolleyes1

LOL!! Heck yeah! Just a night or two... it doesn't have to be at the resort (you can pop into the Solarium for the meet) if the budget is a concern but when I was planning out my Magical Vacation I figured out that my Travel costs for staying at a deluxe (room only) were the same as full price for a moderate room only.

My husband was rolling his eye balls and saying Disney AGAIN but when I explained that 6 nights at the resort for the room was only costing us $1188.00 he figured that that was cheaper than trying to rent a beach house somewhere during the $ummer $eason. I used frequent flyer miles and we only had to purchase 1 park ticket so that helped the budget too.

Going to Universal one day to see Harry is going to be our budget buster but the family has been wanting to see that forever and now seems to be the time.

I also told dear hubby that this would be more of a resort focused stay, enjoying the Beach Club resort and all it's amenities as opposed to schlumping through the parks in the high heat. The kids are old enough now that they don't want us dragging them along. They are excited about going off and doing their own thing so it will be like a kid free trip for Hubby and I.

That fact that I get to meet and hang out with some of the people who frequent this thread is a plus! :dancer:

I have visions of leisurely breakfasts in France or at the resort, lots of Pool time and going out at night in the cooler weather to explore the parks since they are open late. I also know that after the fire works, people with younger kids leave and the ride lines empty out.

I am SO LOOKING forward to this trip!

~NM

our first stay at BC is Aug 12-19. Stormalong Bay looks awesome, but can it be hard to keep track of kiddos in it? I have 3 kids, ages 11, 9 and 6. The 11 year old is a strong swimmer, the other 2 not so much. My DH is not a fan of water, but will help me out. What is the best way to do this? Everyone stay together and move to different areas as a group? Do you think its safe to send an 11 year old on the slide by himself? Is there a swimming area near the slide exit where we can hang out and try to keep track of him? Any advice or info you could share would be greatly appreciated!

Hi, we stayed here last October with our just turned 2 & 10 year olds.
10yo can swim very well and we started the vacation with DH walking over to the slide, going down first and being there when DD came out, me and little DD tried the small pool at the entrance to the slide as it had a little slide but it was too strong for a 2yo so i just stayed over in the sand area with her.
After a few days, DD10 was ok doing the slide on her own, walking over on her own but we stayed in the pool where the slide came out so she knew we were there, we just swam round the whirlpool with DD2!
She didnt spend alot of time on the slide as it hurt her back, she really loved the daily entertainment at the pool which was alot easier for us all to stay together.
Hope this helps.

Going to Universal one day to see Harry is going to be our budget buster but the family has been wanting to see that forever and now seems to be the time.

If you are going to do this, I would recommend resort-hopping and spending 1-2 nights at Universal. The deluxe hotels there are similar in price to BC/YC, and just as nice in terms of overall theming/luxury. They are just as close to the parks and Citywalk as BC/YC are to Epcot/DHS/Boardwalk. Just like at Disney, you can get decent AAA discounts. Obviously the pool areas don't compare to SAB, but the hotel pools are nicer than the Boardwalk pool area. If you stay onsite, you have Universal Express pass, which is like unlimited FP for almost all of the rides in both parks, all the time. It is so wonderful, you will be amazed!

The Harry Potter area of IOA is always packed, and will be even more so as Diagon Alley opens this summer. You will definitely want to see these areas over 2-3 days. Take advantage of onsite early entry and get into the Harry Potter areas before the massive crowds. Then take advantage of late morning/afternoons to see the other areas of the parks (or return to your hotel for a swim) before going back at night when the parks start to empty out. The HP areas are gorgeous at night and take on an entirely different character. You don't want to miss that!

For passes, take a look at the Universal section of this board. There is a good 'ticket discounts' thread.

So in short, I would recommend tacking on a couple of Universal days at the start or end of your WDW stay. This will help with cost and logistics, and help you get the most out of Universal! We do this every trip, including in a couple of weeks when we come to Orlando! We'll be spending June 21-23 at Universal, then transferring over to YC on the afternoon of June 23.

Last year we let our oldest, who was 10 at the time, go down the slide while we played in the kiddie pool with our 8 and 3 year old. She was fine doing the slide by herself.

If you are going to do this, I would recommend resort-hopping and spending 1-2 nights at Universal. The deluxe hotels there are similar in price to BC/YC, and just as nice in terms of overall theming/luxury. They are just as close to the parks and Citywalk as BC/YC are to Epcot/DHS/Boardwalk. Just like at Disney, you can get decent AAA discounts. Obviously the pool areas don't compare to SAB, but the hotel pools are nicer than the Boardwalk pool area. If you stay onsite, you have Universal Express pass, which is like unlimited FP for almost all of the rides in both parks, all the time. It is so wonderful, you will be amazed!

The Harry Potter area of IOA is always packed, and will be even more so as Diagon Alley opens this summer. You will definitely want to see these areas over 2-3 days. Take advantage of onsite early entry and get into the Harry Potter areas before the massive crowds. Then take advantage of late morning/afternoons to see the other areas of the parks (or return to your hotel for a swim) before going back at night when the parks start to empty out. The HP areas are gorgeous at night and take on an entirely different character. You don't want to miss that!

For passes, take a look at the Universal section of this board. There is a good 'ticket discounts' thread.

So in short, I would recommend tacking on a couple of Universal days at the start or end of your WDW stay. This will help with cost and logistics, and help you get the most out of Universal! We do this every trip, including in a couple of weeks when we come to Orlando! We'll be spending June 21-23 at Universal, then transferring over to YC on the afternoon of June 23.

Thanks for the info. I will take a look at that as I have not figured out the Universal part of this trip.

:hug:
~NM

As much as I want to be at the meet on August 18th, I think I'll have to pass.

Our first day of school is the 19th and it would be frowned upon for the principal to be absent because she's at Walt Disney World!

But, I really, really wanted to meet y'all...especially Buzzy!

We make full balcony our only request in hopes that it increases the chances of getting one. Since both pools at the BC are located between the resort and the lake, I think your chances of a lake view are pretty good. We like to be nearer to the Epcot end of the BC rather then the SAB end. There are more exit doors at the Epcot end. :)

Thank you! We would prefer to be nearer to the Epcot end as well. Think that would be worth mentioning as a request? Would I just say "Epcot end" or something?

We will be there August 14-19th with DSs 11 and 8. IMO your kids will be fine getting to and coming down the slide alone but you will want to station yourself close to the exit of the slide for your own sanity and to make sure the kids know where to "check-in" with a thumbs up or something.

OMG!!! Thanks to Robyn, I checked with a certain agency to see if any discount offers were left and I saved $550 on my quickie return trip in August AND got my beloved YC instead of BC (not that I wouldn't have been perfectly satisfied with BC)!!!

Thanks Robyn!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter