• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

There is a new thread:* Don't post here* 2014 BC&YC FAQ *MAY-SEPT 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.
You know YCFan, If you wanted some extra BC/YC family time in the near future, you could make a special guest appearance at the Dis Meet on 8/18...

Don't think I haven't thought about it!

I am still on the fence about upgrading to deluxe dinning with club level
It will cost about $900 ish (guessing ) My worry is I don't want to have to worry about where to use our credits for this or that of if we don't have enough to go here or there. BUT staying at BC is my dream resort and I taking 1.5 years to pay for this thing, (going September 2015) So how do you balance park time, dinning, pool time ect. This is going to be our last family WDW for the better part of 10 or more years. My kids are Will be 7 & 9
We do plan on taking a day to go to see the ocean. I thought that would be a good day for an early ADR at Cape May but maybe its better to eat CL and get on the road. UGH, whey is Disney planning so stressful

I think with two children ages 7 and 9 you could make some really good use out of CL. If you can afford it you should definitely book it.

I can't imagine finding time to eat all the credits of deluxe dining on top of enjoying the CL. When we go CL we tend to eat most of our breakfasts there, except for 1 or two for variety, get all of snacks from the lounge, leaving us with only one table service per day with an occasional quick service meal.

I suggest book CL and pay for meals out of pocket. You will likely save money that way. Of course if you like three table service/day your experience and savings would be very different.

Just my opinion...

I think with two children ages 7 and 9 you could make some really good use out of CL. If you can afford it you should definitely book it. I can't imagine finding time to eat all the credits of deluxe dining on top of enjoying the CL. When we go CL we tend to eat most of our breakfasts there, except for 1 or two for variety, get all of snacks from the lounge, leaving us with only one table service per day with an occasional quick service meal. I suggest book CL and pay for meals out of pocket. You will likely save money that way. Of course if you like three table service/day your experience and savings would be very different. Just my opinion...

Same with us. If we stay CL we wouldn't do the DDP at all. It's just too much food.

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

Thank you for your feed back. I don't have a ton of TS that we have to do. But I know we would do Cape May for breakfast once and dinner once and Beaches and Cream because we are right there. I wanted to do Hoopdee Doo but I could live with out it.
But I have heard from many that the deluxe with cl is overkill.
I know for sure I want CL I have my room only booked

Hi!
Can you add us to the be our guest list from August 17 to the 25th... YC CL :) Yay!!!

Hi

We have a GV room booked at the Yacht Club in July. Do we need to or should we do online check in? I added some preferences to our reservation already, a higher floor and a room on the lagoon/ courtyard side if possible. We arrive in the evening.

Thanks, can't believe it's nearly time for our trip!

Looking at boards don't see many folks on the BOG list for late June/early July. I was hoping to meet up with some folks.
We'll see you at SAB! I didn't add my name to BOG but we'll be there June 26-July 2 :) Magic Bands just came in the mail yesterday.. BEST... PACKAGE... EVER!!!!
We arrive on June 25th!
:cool1: We plan on being at SAB pretty much the whole day as we will be coming over from AoA with no plans for parks that day. Thinking mini-golf later that day too!

Look for the big plastic wine glasses. They always freak the guards out until they find out they are plastic
So, do you bring your own? :thumbsup2

Thank you! The 15-year-old will be thrilled. The 10-year-old, not so much. Good thing I planned on being down there anytime they wanted to go anyway. Only 4 more days!
My 2 boys will be able to go unsupervised, but I have a 9-year-old daughter who won't. Still, the last time we went, only 1 was 12, and we were there but they all took off from us doing their own things anyway. It was kind of strange not being able to see them constantly.

Woo hoo!!!!!!! We leave tonight for WDW!!!!!!! We'll spend tonight at POR then we move over to BC tomorrow!!!!!!!

question for Teena: what are the advantages/disadvantages to online check in now that you can do it so far in advance? Does it make a difference? We will be arriving Aug 12 probably late morning. Would it be best to have everything taken care of or should I wait until we get there? I have the requests of a full balcony and a garden view if possible (we could only book standard with our travel agency deal). I am willing to pay for the upgrade to garden if possible

Thanks!

question for Teena: what are the advantages/disadvantages to online check in now that you can do it so far in advance? Does it make a difference? We will be arriving Aug 12 probably late morning. Would it be best to have everything taken care of or should I wait until we get there? I have the requests of a full balcony and a garden view if possible (we could only book standard with our travel agency deal). I am willing to pay for the upgrade to garden if possible

Thanks!

In your case, since you want to pay for an upgrade to garden view, I would definitely NOT do an on-line check-in. Instead, you will want to go to the desk, tell the CM immediately after you give the CM your ID, that you really would like to PAY (and stress PAY) for an upgrade to garden view. Ask them to check to see if that's available and stress you wish to pay for it.

If you do an on-line check-in, your room in most cases is already attached to your reservation, everything is printed out and waiting for you when you arrive. The curbside greeters don't even have to take you to the front desk. They can pull up your reservation on their ipad, grab your package, check your ID, and send you to your preassigned room if it's ready or if it is not ready, give you everything and tell you that you'll get a text with your room number when the room is ready. In your case, you don't want any of that done in advance because you need to talk to the front desk CM to find out if you can pay for an upgrade.

We aren't going until September 2015, but we have been looking at the pricing for this year and going back and forth about resorts. We really love BC Club Level but were also looking at the DDP. You all have helped me, it is a lot of food and we really don't eat TS meals that often. I think I am doing Club level and no dining, saves me about $1000

I need to catch up on several pages of the thread, and welcome some new folks. Hopefully I'll have a chance to do that later today. Thank you everyone who continues to help answer questions!

:goodvibes

Been interesting around here

1) Had an awesome field trip to the beach for tidepooling with Ben on Monday

2) I have been working for the past couple of weeks helping to put together all the details for our school's upcoming 8th grade class trip to Disney. Had to create 9 different group accounts, link all the tickets and make FP+ reservations for more than 120 people. I will not be going on the trip this year, but will be accompanying Ben when he goes next June.

3) My neighborhood was in lockdown/shelter-in-place last night due to an armed man who stole a police cruiser, rammed it into other cars and then escaped. This happened a couple of miles from where I live. Fortunately, he was captured at 9 last night, with no injuries to anyone.

I need a vacation!!!

:cool2:

Woo hoo!!!!!!! We leave tonight for WDW!!!!!!! We'll spend tonight at POR then we move over to BC tomorrow!!!!!!!

:banana::banana::banana:

Have an absolutely fantastic time!!! If you can, let us know how it is going.

Safe travels!

I am still on the fence about upgrading to deluxe dinning with club level
It will cost about $900 ish (guessing ) My worry is I don't want to have to worry about where to use our credits for this or that of if we don't have enough to go here or there. BUT staying at BC is my dream resort and I taking 1.5 years to pay for this thing, (going September 2015) So how do you balance park time, dinning, pool time ect. This is going to be our last family WDW for the better part of 10 or more years. My kids are Will be 7 & 9
We do plan on taking a day to go to see the ocean. I thought that would be a good day for an early ADR at Cape May but maybe its better to eat CL and get on the road. UGH, whey is Disney planning so stressful

I agree with Janet. For us DDP is way too much food when staying CL. We breakfast in the lounge, if we are doing at TS we make it for a late lunch, then enjoy the Appies in CL at dinner time plus desserts. Since we've had a late lunch, the Appies are more then enough for dinner. We did the DDP with our first CL stay and felt it was a waste. Next time we went without DDP and worked much better, and cheaper. A deluxe DDP would be pointless with CL. But that's my opinion.

I agree with Janet. For us DDP is way too much food when staying CL. We breakfast in the lounge, if we are doing at TS we make it for a late lunch, then enjoy the Appies in CL at dinner time plus desserts. Since we've had a late lunch, the Appies are more then enough for dinner. We did the DDP with our first CL stay and felt it was a waste. Next time we went without DDP and worked much better, and cheaper. A deluxe DDP would be pointless with CL. But that's my opinion.
thank you. I am leaning toward no deluxe. And pay out of pocket for extras

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter