There is a new thread:* Don't post here* 2014 BC&YC FAQ *MAY-SEPT 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.
Could someone staying check and see if the refillable mug station has seltzer?

I had to go to the Rix Lounge bar at CSR my last trip every time I wanted seltzer. I imagine I would need to do the same at YC or BC. Where would I go in each resort?

We like to drink seltzer and going to a bar every time was pretty tedious.

I only saw water levers but not the highly coveted "soda" lever at CSR.

Wonder if deluxe resorts have more variety in that respect.

We are not there now, so hopefully someone there can confirm this, but if I remember correctly from last August, they had seltzer water in the soda fountains at Hurricane Hannah's at the pool bar.

Testing my photo uploading capabilities - hopefully, pics of our room, 3577. Paid for garden view. Tiny balcony. Day bed (even though there were only 3 of us).

Testing my photo uploading capabilities - hopefully, pics of our room, 3577. Paid for garden view. Tiny balcony. Day bed (even though there were only 3 of us). ]

We had a daybed, too, and there were only two of us. I wonder if most of the rooms have daybeds.

You had a really nice view, especially for a garden view room. :goodvibes Thanks for posting the pictures. :)

We had a daybed, too, and there were only two of us. I wonder if most of the rooms have daybeds. You had a really nice view, especially for a garden view room. :goodvibes Thanks for posting the pictures. :)

On our last trip we had two rooms for the five of us and both rooms had daybeds.

Great pictures! Thanks for sharing!

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

Me too! Cheers! I would assume you would leave something personal there, like flip flops? That is the true way to tell if a chair is 'really' occupied. Thanks for giving away my secret to saving a table at CHH for my family of 5. :stir: Now I'll have to add personal items, such as ketchup and honey mustard packets to make it look like we just stepped away for a bit.

Us too! Look for the plastic wine glasses : )

You would be surprised about the pool chair piggys. We watched a group bring down personal towels for six chairs and some sunscreen etc for a table at pool opening and when we left at 5 they were just coming to pick up the towels. Never used the chairs or table. Another day we watched the same group set the towels up again and they came back around 1. We said something to them when they came back the second day and they responded that everyone does it.

Interestingly, on our departure day, sis and I went down to drop off our pool bags at 9 while we were finishing loading the car and we were asked by the cast member when we were coming back. We replied 20 mins and he said that was fine. Looks like they were trying to crack down on the practice of not returning for hours. Apparently that is the number 1 complaint at the resort.

Testing my photo uploading capabilities - hopefully, pics of our room, 3577. Paid for garden view. Tiny balcony. Day bed (even though there were only 3 of us).
Great pictures! Nice garden view. If you did online check-in, what were your requests?

Interestingly, on our departure day, sis and I went down to drop off our pool bags at 9 while we were finishing loading the car and we were asked by the cast member when we were coming back. We replied 20 mins and he said that was fine. Looks like they were trying to crack down on the practice of not returning for hours. Apparently that is the number 1 complaint at the resort.
I can totally see saving chairs if you want to leave briefly. There are occasions where you need to go to the room, etc.. But for hours is just ridiculous. It would be great to see how well they could crack down on this.

Us too! Look for the plastic wine glasses : ) You would be surprised about the pool chair piggys. We watched a group bring down personal towels for six chairs and some sunscreen etc for a table at pool opening and when we left at 5 they were just coming to pick up the towels. Never used the chairs or table. Another day we watched the same group set the towels up again and they came back around 1. We said something to them when they came back the second day and they responded that everyone does it. Interestingly, on our departure day, sis and I went down to drop off our pool bags at 9 while we were finishing loading the car and we were asked by the cast member when we were coming back. We replied 20 mins and he said that was fine. Looks like they were trying to crack down on the practice of not returning for hours. Apparently that is the number 1 complaint at the resort.
I think the chair hogs are getting smarter since we saw a lot of empty chairs with small personal items, like a flip flop or tee shirt, on chairs with no one around. And these weren't two or three chairs. They were a group of eight.

Maybe the BC & YC should start tagging chairs as guests come in to the area, maybe you are assigned chairs based on MB. We need to scan our MBs when we enter, we should have to scan the on the way out. Then, every 30 mins or do, do a check. If chairs are not being used or guests have left the area, take the chair for another guest. It's too bad we can't just all play nice.

Since you can't get in our out of the pool area without passing a CM it would be easy for them to notice when people are arriving in their park clothes instead of swim suits. They just need to set some policies in place so that CM's are allowed to police the area. It is easier to enforce an existing rule then to offend someone who doesn't think they are doing anything wrong.

I am so torn!!! I love the idea of staying at the BC and having Epcot be RIGHT THERE, but at the same time I prefer the YC decor and would love a full balcony.

How much longer is the walk from YC? The far wing seems so much farther when I look at maps/satellite images. We will have two 4.5 yos and a 6yo with a double stroller when we go. Will walking past SAB be tough?

I am way over thinking a trip over a year away...
We didn't think it was much more of a walk. At both resorts we had rooms near lobby elevator.

:beach: Here now at yacht club room in room 4143 king room......very nice room......had a wonderful time .......rode 7 dwarfs twice. Thought it was going to be sort of a kiddy ride but that thing has some zip to it. ;)

We also did the Feel the force at Star Wars weekend......that was the best

One more.....did the Star Wars breakfast and that was fun also....

pixiedust:
Can't wait to ride Mine Train!!!

We are not there now, so hopefully someone there can confirm this, but if I remember correctly from last August, they had seltzer water in the soda fountains at Hurricane Hannah's at the pool bar.
Yes, they did have club soda at Hurricane Hanna. It was a leaver like the plain water one. You'd miss it if you weren't looking!!

Views from room 3577

Oooooo, I can see our old room in your pic :). We were on opposite side of that garden /volleyball courtyard on the top floor. Our view was toward Boardwalk area, really nice view for a garden view!!

You would be surprised about the pool chair piggys. We watched a group bring down personal towels for six chairs and some sunscreen etc for a table at pool opening and when we left at 5 they were just coming to pick up the towels. Never used the chairs or table. Another day we watched the same group set the towels up again and they came back around 1. We said something to them when they came back the second day and they responded that everyone does it.

Ninja Mom has some great ideas for getting chairs from absentee chair hogs!! Maybe she should share again!! :rotfl2:

Does anyone have any experience sleeping in one of these day beds?

I ask because as a huge thank you for being not only my daughter's best friend but also her personal nurse (my daughter was diagnosed with Type 1 Diabetes out of the blue last year) in school and when they are out and about, we are taking Sofie's best friend on our annual August Beach Club trip.

This will put us at 5 in the room and one of the "boys" (either myself or my 16 year old son) will be sleeping on that day bed each night! Being a family of 4 we have never had 5 in a room. I'm sure it will be a bit tight and not as relaxed as it usually is for us, but it is such a small price to pay to bring her friend along for her first trip ever to the World!! It will be great to see everything through they eyes of a first timer. I'm sure there is a ton of stuff we take for granted each year that she will find amazing!

So if anyone has any experience with the day bed or having a friend of your children along for the fun I would love your take on it!

79 days as of today. Can't come soon enough!!!!

Jay

Hi all... I saw this note regarding the BC on the first page of this thread. I was wondering if it still applies, and if the YC is also open 24 hours?
Note: Starting September 2010, on a trial basis, the BC CL lounge will be open 24 hours a day for coffee and cold drinks.

We will be driving up from Miami and I was thinking of stopping to pick up bottled water and soda.. however I will not need to do so if the Lounge is open 24 hours. Please advise, thank you!

Does anyone have any experience sleeping in one of these day beds? I ask because as a huge thank you for being not only my daughter's best friend but also her personal nurse (my daughter was diagnosed with Type 1 Diabetes out of the blue last year) in school and when they are out and about, we are taking Sofie's best friend on our annual August Beach Club trip. This will put us at 5 in the room and one of the "boys" (either myself or my 16 year old son) will be sleeping on that day bed each night! Being a family of 4 we have never had 5 in a room. I'm sure it will be a bit tight and not as relaxed as it usually is for us, but it is such a small price to pay to bring her friend along for her first trip ever to the World!! It will be great to see everything through they eyes of a first timer. I'm sure there is a ton of stuff we take for granted each year that she will find amazing! So if anyone has any experience with the day bed or having a friend of your children along for the fun I would love your take on it! 79 days as of today. Can't come soon enough!!!! Jay

My kids have never complained about the day beds (and trust me, they would), so I would say they are comfy. My oldest is over 6' tall and hasn't had an issue so I am sure your son will be fine on it.

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

Your credit card gets charged if you do not cancel 24 hours in advance I believe. So if you don't show up and did not cancel, you will be charged for the second one.

Thanks Teena... it's weird because out of all of our dining reservations this is the only one that didn't specify any cancellation policy.

I hope you are feeling better!!!

Hi all... I saw this note regarding the BC on the first page of this thread. I was wondering if it still applies, and if the YC is also open 24 hours?
Note: Starting September 2010, on a trial basis, the BC CL lounge will be open 24 hours a day for coffee and cold drinks.

We will be driving up from Miami and I was thinking of stopping to pick up bottled water and soda.. however I will not need to do so if the Lounge is open 24 hours. Please advise, thank you!

I don't know about the BC lounge, but the last few times we stayed CL at the YC, the lounge was open almost 24 hours. They do close it for a while in the morning, mid-day and late afternoon to get ready for breakfast and then to switch from breakfast to snacks and then from snacks to the evening offerings. It did close every night about 10:00, for about 30 minutes, while they cleaned up from the day. When it did reopen, some snacks, sodas and the coffee machine were available. They only left out a couple of glass bottles of water and they went quickly. I would advise picking up some water for your room. When you check in they will give you the info about the times the lounge is closed.

If it were me and.... I am a lunatic .... I wouldn't say a word to them because I KNOW that will be useless. After they left I would gather up their belongings and place them on one chair. Since I didn't raise a fuss they would not know that it was me that corrected their "Pool chair Piggery" and more than likely, by the time they came back I would be long gone.

Does anyone have any experience sleeping in one of these day beds?
SNIP!
So if anyone has any experience with the day bed or having a friend of your children along for the fun I would love your take on it!

79 days as of today. Can't come soon enough!!!!

Jay

My 5'10, 150 pound son LOVED that bed and would not let any one else take a turn sleeping on it. I made him get up so I could try laying on it just to see and I agreed with him that it was nice and comfy. I think there are beds that you have to worry about, like those DVC sofa beds that some people talk about and then there are beds that are comfortable so no one has the need to even mention it.

~NM.... who is hoping to one day find this towel animal on her sleeper sofa at the Beach Club this August.

human-animals42.png

If it were me and.... I am a lunatic .... I wouldn't say a word to them because I KNOW that will be useless. After they left I would gather up their belongings and place them on one chair. Since I didn't raise a fuss they would not know that it was me that corrected their "Pool chair Piggery" and more than likely, by the time they came back I would be long gone.

My 5'10, 150 pound son LOVED that bed and would not let any one else take a turn sleeping on it. I made him get up so I could try laying on it just to see and I agreed with him that it was nice and comfy. I think there are beds that you have to worry about, like those DVC sofa beds that some people talk about and then there are beds that are comfortable so no one has the need to even mention it.

~NM.... who is hoping to one day find this towel animal on her sleeper sofa at the Beach Club this August.

human-animals42.png

Keep in mind though that there are two types of daybeds in the rooms. I believe on the club level they are all the new type (like in the picture just shown) but the other ones are smaller and less comfortable IMO. There is no way of knowing which type is in which room except by going and looking in the room. The person at the front desk cannot tell whether it is a new or old type daybed in the room.

Hello everyone we are now at the beach house in S. Ponte Vedra so I don't have internet access just using data so when I get back next week I will post some more pics of the Newport Suite as requested. We had a great time and didn't want to leave but we are now enjoying our time at the beach. Hope everyone has just as great a trip as we did.

Keep in mind though that there are two types of daybeds in the rooms. I believe on the club level they are all the new type (like in the picture just shown) but the other ones are smaller and less comfortable IMO. There is no way of knowing which type is in which room except by going and looking in the room. The person at the front desk cannot tell whether it is a new or old type daybed in the room.

I think we had the older version when we were in room 2582:

4_zpsbd69c194.jpg

Our very tall son used to sleep on the daybed and he never complained. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter