There is a new thread:* Don't post here* 2014 BC&YC FAQ *MAY-SEPT 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's finally June! Yippee! Just 20 more days until we are finally enjoying the BC and WDW!
june-2014-crowd-calendar-small.jpg

OMG!!!!! The best upgrade ever!!!!! We were booked in a Deluxe CL room but we have been upgraded to the Newport Presidential Suite!!!! We can't believe our good fortune, we have never been upgraded!!!! This place is amazing. I have taken pictures and a couple of videos that I will post later, too excited to take time to post pictures now, we are still exploring and in shock!!!!!

That is great! We were upgraded to the same suite last year. We couldn't believe it too. We didn't get to sleep in the master bedroom though because my daughter was scared since the other bedroom was so far away. Lol ... Enjoy!!!

Thanks again for this! I revised the FAQ/info post to include more redneck scent info. Sounds like a lot of people will be ordering these candles. You should ask for a commission!

:goodvibes

lol seriously! I hope they smell as good as they look, I'll post an update when it arrives :)

Before we moved to Florida, and had to fly down here from Boston, we just put them in our carry-on and security never had a problem with that. Have a great trip!!

Whew! I had a mini panic attack... we are going to Miami first and are going to surprise DS once we are down there so I don't want him to see the magic bands! :)

:eek:6 days left.:woohoo:
This is our first trip to WDW since 2007 and the first time our twins get to fly. Oldest son was 3 so he doesn;t remember it either.
We made it though his graduation and party, we are almost through with school - and my teacher duty of organizing and running the school talent show with be over on Tuesday when we have our show.:faint:

This thread and posts have helped me so much. I can't wait until I get everyone one on the plane and can relax.

That is great! We were upgraded to the same suite last year. We couldn't believe it too. We didn't get to sleep in the master bedroom though because my daughter was scared since the other bedroom was so far away. Lol ... Enjoy!!!

That is funny. I slept great in the master bedroom. We were told that Trace Adkins (country singer) recently stayed in this suite.

Still don't know how they chose us. We don't want to leave!

OMG!!!!! The best upgrade ever!!!!! We were booked in a Deluxe CL room but we have been upgraded to the Newport Presidential Suite!!!! We can't believe our good fortune, we have never been upgraded!!!! This place is amazing. I have taken pictures and a couple of videos that I will post later, too excited to take time to post pictures now, we are still exploring and in shock!!!!!

Yeah, we're going to need a lot of pictures.
Having stayed in the VP Suite 2 years ago, I can't imagine anything more opulent, but I'm sure you've got it now! I'd especially love to see the bathroom. Let me tell you, we could have had everyone on this thread up for a party in the master bath at the VP suite. Something tells me NinjaMom would have been hard to pull out of that giant marble shower. :upsidedow

Can I go briefly :off topic: for a min, rather than read thousands of pages on the theme parks board? I have a few quick questions about FP+ since our booking window is now a little bit over 2 weeks away!
1. We are spending 2 nights at BC before moving to YC to meet my sister and her bf, who are sharing a room with us. OUR window opens for FP+ on June 16...can we make all our selections for the week at that point? Or just for the 2 days we are at BC? Will my sister and her bf have to wait until the 18th, or since they're linked up with us, can they jump on board on the 16th?
2. Speaking of the FP+ window opening...does it open at midnight, or at 8 A.M.?
3. Can my sister and her bf make their FP+ selections without park tickets yet? Is it enough for them to be linked to us on our reservation?

Thanks so much in advance!

Rainkissed Leaves is my favorite scent! And I agree......it totally brings me back to the BC lobby! Is it on sale yet? I usually stock up on it during their big June/December sale.

Today it's Lotions: Buy 3 Get 3 free, or 6 hand soaps for $24.....

Questions about Stormalong Bay lockers...

Are they free?

Is there a time limit?

If I wanted to leave some pool stuff (masks, goggles) in them overnight for use on multiple days while we're at the pool, is that possible? Or do they open/empty them at the end of the day? (The signs say for use during pool hours but I don't know if that just means you only have access to them, obviously, during pool hours or if you can't leave things in them after pool hours).

Thank you natebenma for updating the Be Our Guest list! We are getting so excited!

Congratulations Floridagirl61 on your fantastic upgrade!:goodvibes

Can I go briefly :off topic: for a min, rather than read thousands of pages on the theme parks board? I have a few quick questions about FP+ since our booking window is now a little bit over 2 weeks away!
1. We are spending 2 nights at BC before moving to YC to meet my sister and her bf, who are sharing a room with us. OUR window opens for FP+ on June 16...can we make all our selections for the week at that point? Or just for the 2 days we are at BC?
You can make fp+ selections for as many days as you have tickets, so if you have 8 days of tickets you can make 8 days of selections.

3. Can my sister and her bf make their FP+ selections without park tickets yet? Is it enough for them to be linked to us on our reservation?

Thanks so much in advance!
They can't make fp+ selections unless they have tickets. The ability to select fp+'s is tied to the tickets, not to the resort reservation.

I don't know when the window opens, but I do know there is a lot of moaning and groaning when people's fp+ windows don't open on day 60. ;)

Questions about Stormalong Bay lockers... Are they free? Is there a time limit? If I wanted to leave some pool stuff (masks, goggles) in them overnight for use on multiple days while we're at the pool, is that possible? Or do they open/empty them at the end of the day? (The signs say for use during pool hours but I don't know if that just means you only have access to them, obviously, during pool hours or if you can't leave things in them after pool hours).

They are free and I didn't see a time limit posted. I wouldn't leave stuff overnight as they probably do go through and remove items and reset the lockers. You key in a pin code to use the locker. Hardly any lockers were in use when we got ours.
So you should be able to get one easy enough.

Is it true that there is no cancellation policy for Beaches & Cream? We just received our itinerary WOOHOO getting close and there was no cancellation notice listed under that particular reservation. Right now I have two times picked out as I wanted to go with the flow that day and see what time we would get hungry and choose that time. That would work out if there is no cancellation penalty.

Thanks!

Left BC yesterday after 9 wonderful nights :( Busy going through my photos right now, once I remember how to upload them to the forum, I'll share pics of our room/view, and anything else I can find of interest :)

Is it true that there is no cancellation policy for Beaches & Cream? We just received our itinerary WOOHOO getting close and there was no cancellation notice listed under that particular reservation. Right now I have two times picked out as I wanted to go with the flow that day and see what time we would get hungry and choose that time. That would work out if there is no cancellation penalty.

Thanks!

Your credit card gets charged if you do not cancel 24 hours in advance I believe. So if you don't show up and did not cancel, you will be charged for the second one.

I am so torn!!! I love the idea of staying at the BC and having Epcot be RIGHT THERE, but at the same time I prefer the YC decor and would love a full balcony.

How much longer is the walk from YC? The far wing seems so much farther when I look at maps/satellite images. We will have two 4.5 yos and a 6yo with a double stroller when we go. Will walking past SAB be tough?

I am way over thinking a trip over a year away...
Hi! We have always stayed at the Yacht Club and didn't really think the walk was long at all. Depending on where your room is located can make a difference. If you are in the "far end", there is a guest only door that comes out close to the walkway on the wing near the wedding gazebo, facing Epcot. We used that quite a bit! A tiny laundry room is there too (2 washers/driers). We traveled with kids at all ages, from age 4 months up to teens. Having three kids makes it more challenging, I know for a fact, but a double stroller was great for us! At that age, we actually had a double park stroller and a very light umbrella stroller, so all could be happy resting whenever they wanted.

Walking by SAB was never hard. BUT, we made sure we got plenty of pool time in every day.

That is funny. I slept great in the master bedroom. We were told that Trace Adkins (country singer) recently stayed in this suite. Still don't know how they chose us. We don't want to leave!

Trace would definitely need that big bed. We were told Mariah Carey, Hugh Grant and George Clooney stayed in the suite too but don't know how long ago.

Just wanted to say I appreciate all the info on the showers and lockers at the pool. On our check out day we're not leaving for the airport until about 2pm and planned to swim. Nice to know I can pack a day bag with our swim stuff and a change of clothes when I check everything else with bell services. :thumbsup2

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter