There is a new thread:* Don't post here* 2014 BC&YC FAQ *MAY-SEPT 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.
We were able to this past trip leaving on 5/1 at Coronado Springs. We were so gross from the parks that morning and wanted to shower as we wouldn't get home til roughly 1 am following our flight back to NJ. We asked in the lobby to verify even though I was sure we could. The CM said she didn't think so off the bat because technically we weren't guests anymore but I didn't panic. The CM went to ask a manager and came back with a resounding yes. A guest is a guest as much on check in day as check out day IMO.

I'm sure same holds true at YC BC too.

Thanks for sharing your experience.

You are entirely correct that you are a guest of the resort until midnight of your checkout day. That policy applies to things like the use of Stormalong Bay (until closing time) and the concierge lounge if you are staying at club level.

Unfortunately, we have heard that there is a new policy at the resort that only spa guests are permitted to use the health club lockers and showers because when it was open to everyone, the place was getting trashed.

So it isn't an issue of guests being able to use it on checkout day, but being able to use it period.

I'm not sure I have heard of anyone actually being denied a request to use the area, but we have been told that is the current policy, which is why we are looking for confirmation.

:thumbsup2

I am at SAB right now. Will see if I can find showers and/or lockers.

Went HS today . Rope drop - straight to rnr - waited about 10 minutes - fp tsmm - starring rolls super crowded so went over to writers stop - which has indoor seating with ac ! Tower of terror w fp then single rider rnr ( about 15 minutes) then lunch at Sci fi. Burger was very good. American idol ( walked in right before it started ) then ended the day with star tours fp. Didn't need it - but they make you pick 3. We still haven't gone for the fourth fast pass yet.

Off to scout SAB . Will report in a little while .

Ok found the lockers. Took pics just with my phone just need to figure out how to post them. Also found 2 outdoor showers. Hope you don't want any privacy with those. One shower is by where you get the life vests by lazy river. The other is near the kiddie area / near hurricane Hannah entrance to pool .

The lockers look like to be the size of a high school locker. You input a code ( I have a pic of the lock - oops forgot a pic of the instructions - will get that when I leave SAB ) . They are located in the tall grey structure that is right where the BC /YC meet -( near beaches and cream for another reference )

Hope that helps!

Does anyone know what time the marshmallow roasting will be at the end of November/beginning of December. I need to make our ADRS and don't want to make them too late due to baby but the last time the kids weren't happy about missing out on marshmallows due to rushing off to dinner all the time.

Ok found the lockers. Took pics just with my phone just need to figure out how to post them. Also found 2 outdoor showers. Hope you don't want any privacy with those. One shower is by where you get the life vests by lazy river. The other is near the kiddie area / near hurricane Hannah entrance to pool .

The lockers look like to be the size of a high school locker. You input a code ( I have a pic of the lock - oops forgot a pic of the instructions - will get that when I leave SAB ) . They are located in the tall grey structure that is right where the BC /YC meet -( near beaches and cream for another reference )

Hope that helps!

No rush on the pictures. If it is easier to wait until you are back home, that is fine. I don't know how to post photos from my phone yet

:scared:

Does anyone know what time the marshmallow roasting will be at the end of November/beginning of December. I need to make our ADRS and don't want to make them too late due to baby but the last time the kids weren't happy about missing out on marshmallows due to rushing off to dinner all the time.

If you go to the first page of this thread, Post 4 (Activities), there should be a link for past activities schedules. Best bet is to look at the times from previous years.

:goodvibes

Just found a "store" on ETSY that sells Disney scented candles…I just bought "Beach and Yacht Club" scent! Can't wait to see if it can tide me over until Sept 24th when I smell the real deal!!!:beach:

Hi, all. I have been following this thread for a few days now and am happy to announce DH and I will be at YC October 13-16. We will be celebrating our 15th anniversary and attending MNSSHP and F&W and then transferring over to IOA & US for three nights. I am SO EXCITED! We'll be taking advantage of all YC has to offer by spending time at F&W, and we have ADRs at Yachtsman and Captain's Grille. I can't wait. Let the countdown begin!

Thanks for sharing your experience.

You are entirely correct that you are a guest of the resort until midnight of your checkout day. That policy applies to things like the use of Stormalong Bay (until closing time) and the concierge lounge if you are staying at club level.

Unfortunately, we have heard that there is a new policy at the resort that only spa guests are permitted to use the health club lockers and showers because when it was open to everyone, the place was getting trashed.

So it isn't an issue of guests being able to use it on checkout day, but being able to use it period.

I'm not sure I have heard of anyone actually being denied a request to use the area, but we have been told that is the current policy, which is why we are looking for confirmation.

yup, I'm one that will be interested in hearing for sure what the policy is! If we can use to spa area, great. If not, we'll manage by using the restrooms on check out day. If we can go tent camping as a family I'm sure the BC restrooms will not seem like a "hardship". LOL.
Edited to add....... TODAY IS OUR 100 DAY-OUT DAY!! DD and I made our 100 link paper chain countdown. Its hanging but I made the mistake of using Dollar Store tape to close the individual chains. All day long they've been popping open one at a time. Oh well, gives the family something to laugh at! Mom went cheap again.... fail! Haha

We arrive at BC in one week from today!!!!!!!! I. Can't. Wait!!!!!!!! Dee and everyone, I'm willing to do some investigating for you if you need me too. I'm planning on finding out if the bartenders still remember how to make Sunken Treasures, how hot DOES it get at 1pm at SAB, and how many cookies can a family of five eat in 7 days from the CL lounge. ;-)

Those sound like very respectable research assignments. :thumbsup2

NM You always make me smile!!! I REALLY needed the laugh today, so Thanks So Much :thumbsup2

Anytime Ocalla! :hug:

And for the rest of you who are wondering... I just like to keep things light while I dispense the occasional useful tidbit. I'm not really one of those nut jobs that runs around the lobby of the Beach Club with zip lock bags trying to capture the scent for posterity's sake. Teena would shoot me!

;)
~NM

Edited to add: that DawnMaree really does drag a butler and Grey Poupon to Columbia Harbor house to save a table for lunch. I wasn't lying about that.....
as proof I've included this picture of her Butler with some Grey Poupon:

gerard_butler.jpg
dijon.jpg

This is my first post on this thread I believe. I literally just got off the phone with Disney and was able to change my reservation from Pop to Yacht Club! It originally wasn't available with the CM discount, but I decided to check. Got standard view June 12-17. So excited! We are going for my birthday and Star Wars Weekends so its going to be super convenient! Now to research all the possible dumpster views we may get! ;)

page 30-32

We just changed our reservations, we are at YC from Aug 20-26 instead of Aug 20-28. We added GF from 26-29, so we get Disney for 1 extra day, YAY!! A lot of firsts for us, first time staying at a Deluxe resort, first split stay, first visit to the dark side, and first time driving instead of flying!! Woohoo! Can't wait!:cool1:

Got it!

I'll make the adjustment to your listing

:)

Just wanted to share, tomorrow we fly to Tampa to pick up my grandsons, daughter and son-in-law and then bright and early Saturday morning we will be arriving at the BC. Can't wait to hang around the pool and check out how big a Deluxe CL room actually is. I hear it is huge!!!:)

Planning on hitting Epcot for 2 FP rides and then the rest of the day is at the Pool! Also excited for our FP for the new Seven Dwarf's Mine Train on Sunday.

Have a blast!

Consider it done! My family is going to roll their eyes at me if I let them know I'm doing any kind of investigative work so it will have to be a covert operation.

I am very familiar with the :rolleyes2

Good news! Our daughter who broke her wrist got her cast off this morning! No gymnastics for three more weeks but no restrictions on swimming or going to WDW! Yippee! We are headed out to see orthopedic doctor #2 to see how my other daughter's broken baby toe is healing.

How did the appointment go?

I just had to share good news since it's because of all of you, and your wonderful posts about the YC/BC, that not only have I talked my DH into going back to Disney (no easy task, let me tell you) but it's going to be either the YC or BC for us!!! :dance3:

I am so excited I want to dance and scream!! Our last trip we were going to stay at the YC, but at the last minute he really wanted the GF again. And it wasn't all that great trip, so he was "Disney Disilliioned". So I've been pricing out what it would be for 2016 (obviously just ball parking) with the current discounts and at first we picked WL, but it's actually just a bit cheaper to stay at YC / BC with a discount. :banana: Okay by me! So he said to me today, if you could only go to Disney one last time, where would you stay?

And that sealed the deal. So I am SOOOOOOOO excited to read all of your posts and see all of your pictures and learn as much as I can about both resorts. (and mostly live vicariously through all of you for 2 years till we get to go!) :surfweb: Not sure if it will be YC or BC, but who cares, right??

:welcome:

Glad you will be hanging out with us for a spell.

Would you like me to pencil you in for 2016, or wait?

So we have finally decided we are going to go back in June of 2015. Our last visit (DH, DS, & DD's first time) we stayed at the BC and absolutely loved it. The room was big enough, the kids loved SAB, and I being by the Boardwalk and EPCOT. I have always wanted to try out every resort, but I find myself leaning more and more towards the BC again! :) So, after much discussion, it looks like we will be back next June! I can't wait!!! :cool1:

:welcome: back!

I'll add you to the Be Our Guest list we keep on Page 1.

:woohoo:

Hope that helps!

Thank you, again!!!

Just found a "store" on ETSY that sells Disney scented candles…I just bought "Beach and Yacht Club" scent! Can't wait to see if it can tide me over until Sept 24th when I smell the real deal!!!:beach:

Not sure what the rules on posting a link or ETSY info here- is there a "store" name or number? I'm not really familiar with ETSY, but I kind of know what it is.

Let us know what you think of the candle!

Hi, all. I have been following this thread for a few days now and am happy to announce DH and I will be at YC October 13-16. We will be celebrating our 15th anniversary and attending MNSSHP and F&W and then transferring over to IOA & US for three nights. I am SO EXCITED! We'll be taking advantage of all YC has to offer by spending time at F&W, and we have ADRs at Yachtsman and Captain's Grille. I can't wait. Let the countdown begin!

I'll add you to the Be Our Guest list.

:cool1:

Where are you staying for the "Dark Side" portion of your trip? I have been to both Portofino (liked it) and Hard Rock (LOVED IT)

This is my first post on this thread I believe. I literally just got off the phone with Disney and was able to change my reservation from Pop to Yacht Club! It originally wasn't available with the CM discount, but I decided to check. Got standard view June 12-17. So excited! We are going for my birthday and Star Wars Weekends so its going to be super convenient! Now to research all the possible dumpster views we may get! ;)

I'll add you to the Be Our Guest list.

:yay:

Check out this link- views at the Beach and Yacht Club by view category

look at the last couple of pages, too, I can't remember if I have linked all of the posts there yet.

What will the view from my room be?

Effective with reservations on January 1, 2011, the view categories at the Beach and Yacht Clubs were reclassified into 3 booking categories:

Standard view- parking lot or rooftops
Garden view- something green- trees or courtyard
Lagoon or Water view- lake or pool

I started up two View Threads in the Resort Photo Subforum:

Beach Club Room Views

Yacht Club Room Views

The purpose of these threads is to give some samples of rooms in various view categories (standard, garden, lagoon/pool) at the Yacht and Beach Clubs.

Not sure what the rules on posting a link or ETSY info here- is there a "store" name or number? I'm not really familiar with ETSY, but I kind of know what it is.

Let us know what you think of the candle!

The etsy link was actually in the blog that I posted yesterday (top 10 Disney scents). I ordered one too, and she has several other Disney type scents for sale. I will let you all know if it comes close to the lobby scent! She's probably getting all of these unexpected orders with the mention on the blog haha

Well! If anyone should happen to chance upon your reserved table, once they get a gander at your fancy schmancy Grey Poupon, Free range Honey mustard and carcinogenic free catsup they will think a nutritionist is lurking about doing a study and beet feet before they become ensnared in a "survey".

Confession: Everyone knows that DawnMaree just has her butler save the table all day. They tried to take him on the Haunted Mansion ride once and he almost didn't make it back, so he has to stay put.

~NM
Dah-ling... I am so the epitome of healthy eating :crazy2: so I can totally see how people would think that. And back off my Butler!

Edited to add: that DawnMaree really does drag a butler and Grey Poupon to Columbia Harbor house to save a table for lunch. I wasn't lying about that.....
as proof I've included this picture of her Butler with some Grey Poupon:

gerard_butler.jpg
dijon.jpg
Hey! I said, BACK OFF MY BUTLER! Since we are a family of 5, I totally need him to accompany me as my partner on certain attractions. He was quite sweet in the Haunted Mansion as he was singing The Phantom of the Opera in my ear. I had to shush him when we were in the graveyard so I could hear the Grim Grinning Ghosts better.

Finally caught up reading all the posts! It's funny I think I saw teena in the first BC video I watched! Hope your doing well! This is my 1st post on this and We are going on our 1st family vacation to disney on 11/9-11/15 (free dining! Yay!) and staying at the BC in a water view. We originally were booked at the poly but switched just recently do to all of the construction that will be at that resort during our stay. We are super excited for BC because we were having the hardest time choosing between the 2 resorts. Now it is an easy decision, BC! To be honest I am not too familiar with anything at the BC because we have 1. Never stated there before 2. No family that has stayed there. It will be Me, DH, DS (4), DD (2) & DS (1) and I hope this is a right fit for us. Just hoping my kids aren't too young to enjoy epcot/ HS. We did do all of our ADRs (except 2 in MK) in epcot (3), HS (2) & BC (1). I'm just hoping the buses to MK aren't to bad with a double stroller and 3 toddlers. This is my family's 1st vacation and I'm getting a little OCD about making everything perfect!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter