There is a new thread:* Don't post here* 2014 BC&YC FAQ *MAY-SEPT 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.
page 110-112

(Okay, I promise I'll stop going off topic.)

Please don't! We all learn some pretty neat stuff with :offtopic: posts!

:goodvibes:

Happy 4th everyone!

We will be staying at the BCV in a 2 bedroom with a group of 7; me, my dh, sis, bro inlaw, neice, another bro inlaw, and mom inlaw. Four of us are flying and arriving at MCO around 10am. Three are driving and planning to arrive around the same time. We have the reg dining plan included with free dining. I have a couple questions...

1. Is online check in a good idea? Is there a certain area to request?

2. Is it true that our dining credits will be lumped into one big group and not separated out per person?

3. Does anyone have any advice for staying in a group like this?

4. Our fast passes open this weekend so I will be adding those? Any advice?

Thanks in advance!
Beth

:welcome: to the thread!

Would you like to be added to the Be Our Guest list we keep on Page 1? Please let us know your dates (September?) and resort.

:cool1:

Wood Nymph and Aliceacc both posted great responses to your questions.

:thumbsup2

Note to self....be sure to look for Teena when we check in to BCV on Sunday, October 5th!!! :thumbsup2

Good call!

:)

Good Morning and Happy 4th! We have been back from WDW for almost two weeks - fully intended on posting a mini report but had some issues at work to iron out, so now I have some free time to post about our AWESOME trip to the Beach Club! We are heading back to the BC in late August, and I am more excited than ever to return! :love:

:welcome: back!

So glad you had a great trip! Thanks for sharing all of the great info and photos.

I assume that you don't mind if I use some of your posts/pictures here, but correct me if I am wrong.

Thanks, again!

:goodvibes

Hi everyone

I'm considering moving to the BC from the WL due to the pool construction. Can someone tell me what the transportation is like from the BC? We spend most of our time between MK and Epcot.

Many thanks

:welcome: to the thread!

I don't usually have issues with wait time (about 5 minutes) for the buses to MK and AK- our trips to the park are almost always first thing in the morning (7:30 am for 8 am EMH rope drop). On arrival day, we take the bus to MK usually around 11:30 or noon, and the wait has longer- sometimes 10-15 minutes, plus a 15 minute bus ride.

I think that experience has been described by other commenters- buses seem to arrive less frequently in the afternoon.

Happy 4th July.

Loving sitting on our balcony listening to the party on the boardwalk.

Unfortunately we are needing to move rooms tomorrow as part of our carpet is soaked through, not dried out after hours of them having some big dryer machine in the room, some issue with the air con?? The CM dealing with us has been great and we are moving to another third floor water view tomorrow ( could have had first floor tonight but we didn't fancy that). Not impressed at packing up 18 days worth of stuff again but on the plus side we have another 11 nights still here.

Sorry to hear about your inconvenience. Hope your move to a new room goes smoothly and that the rest of your trip is great.

I have not been on this thread for a couple of years, and I must say, I am very disappointed.....

.... to find out that I am going to miss Ninja Mom by a matter of days on our upcoming trip to the beach club. I love your posts! (I would have held the inner tube for you in the pool)

Happy Saturday

:welcome: back!!!

Would you like me to add you to the Be Our Guest list for August?

Quick report on milk in the Marketplace . The only have skin, 1% and whole milk . NO specialty milks

Thank you so much!!!

:goodvibes

We are home from our trip and I wanted to come back to say how much we LOVED YC! My DH and I agree it will be our new "home" resort for future trips to WDW. We loved the proximity to Epcot and DHS, we thought SAB was awesome, and we enjoyed the atmosphere at the resort in general.
*snip*

Thanks again for all the great tips on this thread. If I can answer any questions, I am glad to do so!

Jennifer

Thanks for the review of your trip. So glad to hear you loved the YC!

:cool2:

I bought my husband the "beach club" candle from etsy that smells like the lobby, for his birthday. Even thought it's not until 7/15 we couldn't resist and gave it to him yesterday. He loves it and it really does smell like the lobby. That's his favorite smell. We also got the rainkissed leaves soap from bath and body works and that also smells like the lobby. These were both from info we got on this thread. So thank you all!!!

I'm glad to have a first-hand report about the candles! Do you mind if I quote your post in the section about "red-neck lobby scents" on Page 1?

Can you tell me your room number? I would like to get a corner room and requested it for our stay in 12 days, but I don't know if there are many corner rooms in CL

Also, I wanted to mention, there is a girl who works in Captian's Grill named Meghan.. She was a former princess ( Giselle in the parade, aurora, Cinderella) she is the sweetest person and if you have kids, she is fantastic for interaction with them... I make a point to see her (she works weekends) so I thought I would pass that on.

That is great to know about Meghan. Do you mind if I add this quote to the section with the Captain's Grille reviews?

Thanks!

45 days away from our beloved BC as of today!!

For me the last 45 days are always the hardest. Trip is paid, airfare is purchased, ADR's are made and FP+ resies are done. Nothing else major to do but wait it out and buy some new clothes. Thank God for the DIS and all of you, or I would go crazy waiting it out!!

The more we stay at the BC the more I realize that it's the wonderful people who we interact with that make the trips amazing. It's not the rides or the resort, it's interacting with Teena (at the very tippidy top of my ultimate friends list) Lauren, Rocky, Hyacinth, Vilma, Genesis and others each trip. If it wasn't for those amazing people it would just feel like a beautiful resort that was no different from others we have stayed at. There is no better feeling then running into those folks on your trip and catching up like old friends do.

I hope everyone has the opportunity to interact with those great people on their vacation. Thankfully, we are super lucky to have Teena with us via the DIS all year, for those times when we aren't lucky enough to be at our favorite place in the world!

Ok, I will stop rambling now :rotfl:

Jay

No apologies needed for being excited for your upcoming trip. Thanks for the votes of confidence for the great staff!

When is the BC refurb? Will it include YC, or is that separate?

The only things I have heard is that it will be only one resort at a time. The Beach Club's refurb starts in early October (never got a date). They will start with Concierge Level and work from upper floors down.

When is the BC refurb? Will it include YC, or is that separate?

The only things I have heard is that it will be only one resort at a time. The Beach Club's refurb starts in early October (never got a date). They will start with Concierge Level and work from upper floors down.

Thanks for the reply.

The most current info we have about the rehab is in the beginning of the very first post of this thread. I am trying to keep it updated whenever we get new news about the rehab, but as of now, a start date has not been announced by the resort.

As noted above, the work will start with the BC lounge, then rooms on club level (5th floor), then the rehab will work floor by floor downward. Work on YC is not expected to start until BC is complete.

Go ahead.. She is fantastic and super sweet. She has an Instagram account where she posts old pictures of herself as a princess disneyfitgirl

BAHAHAHAHA!!!!! :rotfl2:

OMG, Ninja Mom I am LOVING your "tube" mishap and adventure saga!!

Why thank you and it is indeed turning into a saga isn't it?

Sadly, my dream of an over 50 Women's Gymnastics team, (and that is over 50 years of age, falling apart and hairy, NOT 50 plus in number JanetMom!) is looking like it is NOT going to happen due to the shocking lack of sign ups for this team. I am now forced to go to plan "B".

Is anyone interested in joining my new Synchronized Pool Tube Team? This has the improbable potential of one day becoming a sanctioned Olympic sport, especially when you consider all the X games crap they keep adding to the Olympics these days. (Can anyone say Figure Skating TEAM event :confused3 I mean seriously, isn't that what Hockey is for??)

So far I am working on graceful entry and exits on the tube but that is not going well so I need a coach. Say Couchy! Aren't YOU a COACH?? You'd be perfect to stalk around on the deck of the pool shaking your head and yelling at us a lot during practices.

Once we master the entry and the exits we have to fill the middle of the program with all sorts of swirley crap and a tube trick or two. Since I have no imagination what so ever and my sense of aesthetics is limited to fashions from the 80's we are going to need a choreographer for our Synchronized Pool Tube routine.

This person should be extremely organized, have a great sense of direction and should not have any tendencies to get stuck in a corner of the pool. Previous experience is a must for a Synchronized Pool Tube choreographer but my Google search and budget are coming up empty. We may have to compromise in that area. Are there any artsy fartsy types that are extremely well organized and have experience herding farm animals in this Beach/Yacht club Bunch? DEEcide for yourself if you think you are up to the DEEmands of this job.

And we also need lots of "Tubettes" and "Tubers" since this is a coed team. As far as the uniforms are concerned I vote for my pink sparkly body suit but the rainbow leg warmers really become water logged so we may have to come up with a different choice for leg wear. I think the "Tubers" on the team might look spiffy in a lime green mankini like this...

5929607_std.jpg

BTW: You can thank me later for posting that picture! ;)

So now we need a sign up sheet for our team. I've taken the liberty of filling in some of the blanks, especially to save Nannette the trouble of pounding on the keyboard and wrecking her manicure.

Coach: Couchy
Choreographer: Still DEEciding

Team Spots:

Nannette
JanetMom
Ninja Mom
ScottMC
JNPants
HockeyMomR
Disneymomx7
YCFan
Pinkgirl and her entourage (Because you KNOW she has one!)

OK! So who did I miss? After spending fruitless hours at my Women's over 50 Gymnastics team sign up table I now realize that the only way to get things done is to volunteer people for them. However I did not want to be pushy and sign EVERYONE up for the team who may be interested in joining. Some of you will just have to gather up your courage and step forward of your own accord!

~NM

This is not a thread, its a community! What fun :>)

Thanks for the welcome NateBenma, and your hard work keeping the first pages updated. Sure you can add us to the list, going July 27th to Aug 2nd (and then on to the dark side....) Its my daughters sweet sixteen birthday.

I don't feel confident enough to join the tube team, however I would be willing to be a 'roady' and help inflate and maintain said tubes, and hold on to the first aide kit, and run and get those little green drinks for the athletes if needed....

I could be part of pinkgirl's entourage given that we both hail from this side of the pond. My family may disown me but hey no one said that would be a bad thing lol

This is not a thread, its a community! What fun :>)

Thanks for the welcome NateBenma, and your hard work keeping the first pages updated. Sure you can add us to the list, going July 27th to Aug 2nd (and then on to the dark side....) Its my daughters sweet sixteen birthday.

I don't feel confident enough to join the tube team, however I would be willing to be a 'roady' and help inflate and maintain said tubes, and hold on to the first aide kit, and run and get those little green drinks for the athletes if needed....

with that attitude (and your willingness to be a little green drink runner) we are happy to have you join our community.

I've taken the liberty of filling in some of the blanks, especially to save Nannette the trouble of pounding on the keyboard and wrecking her manicure.

Thanks for the ADD NM!!! I'll also have YOU know I haven't had a manicure in a week now... The husbands retirement of just about a week has me having noooo time for a manicure.. maybe there is one in my future this week!

~N

I could be part of pinkgirl's entourage given that we both hail from this side of the pond. My family may disown me but hey no one said that would be a bad thing lol

Oooh what did I miss! Been busy on the tele-phone thingy booking the Frozen package. 25 August if anyone else is going :cool1:

First, I want to thank everyone for this amazingly helpful thread. We are staying at YC for the first time ever on Aug. 23 (one night only). I picked it because I want to be able to walk to and/or from the Villains Unleashed party. Can anyone let me know about how long that walk takes? Thanks in advance!

NM - on our last trip to Yacht Club I received training from a lifeguard on how to enter and egress a tube. I have also purchased a new 2 piece swimming item, which I believe is known locally as a bi-kini to wear in said tube thingy.

First, I want to thank everyone for this amazingly helpful thread. We are staying at YC for the first time ever on Aug. 23 (one night only). I picked it because I want to be able to walk to and/or from the Villains Unleashed party. Can anyone let me know about how long that walk takes? Thanks in advance!

It's Approx 20 minutes. There is a clip on YouTube of someone walking the route from International Gateway.

Can you tell me your room number? I would like to get a corner room and requested it for our stay in 12 days, but I don't know if there are many corner rooms in CL

Of Course! Our room was 3043. It was NOT a CL room, but it was a great room/view. I will try to post some pictures.

Question re: rope drop from International gateway when staying at Beach Club. Now that fast pass is an either/or on soarin and test track, we may do rope drop to try to ride soarin. Test track is a must do for us and we can't do single rider because my 5 year old cant ride alone. My concern is that the walk is so much further from beach club for rope drop for soarin that the line will be really long by the time we get there. Also how bad are lines to get in at rope drop at that gate. We are going mid september so lighter crowds but I know many will be trying to do the same thing. Our max wait time for most rides is 30 minutes. ANy advice/experiences from BC/YC?

Question re: rope drop from International gateway when staying at Beach Club. Now that fast pass is an either/or on soarin and test track, we may do rope drop to try to ride soarin. Test track is a must do for us and we can't do single rider because my 5 year old cant ride alone. My concern is that the walk is so much further from beach club for rope drop for soarin that the line will be really long by the time we get there. Also how bad are lines to get in at rope drop at that gate. We are going mid september so lighter crowds but I know many will be trying to do the same thing. Our max wait time for most rides is 30 minutes. ANy advice/experiences from BC/YC?

We did rope drop from International Gateway last Tuesday on an Early EMH day. We wanted to do Test Track because we had a Fastpass scheduled for Soarin' later in the afternoon. By the time we got to Test Track, Standby time was listed as 15 minutes, but we walked right through. We rode Test Track and walked to Soarin'...Standby was listed as 20 minutes, I believe, and again, we walked right through.

On that day, we rode Test Track, Soarin', Living with the Land, & Nemo (twice) all before 10am.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter