There is a new thread:* Don't post here* 2014 BC&YC FAQ *MAY-SEPT 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tomorrow is my 60 day mark - so as loony as I am, I'll be up at midnight to book our FP+! A little bit nervous as I've never done this before. I can book for the whole trip - just like ADR's, right? Finished school Friday. Just have our school's golf outing today and then I'll be able to Dis to my heart's content!

It took me three hours to book all our FP+ for 12 people for our July trip!!

Unfortunately I plan to upgrade Andrew's ticket to an AP in July so that means u can't book FP+ for my August trip until we get back. By then it will on be about 18 days out. Oh well, I'm sure there will be enough FP+ left to choose from and he won't care about seeing Anna & Elsa. (I'm making him go in July!! :))

We are coming in either late January or mid-February for a sports event that my daughter is competing in. We always spend time at the pool, so the pool is very important to us. (Hoping that it will be warm enough) It is likely our group (team families) will be spread out across the properties. We would like to stay at the BC or YC because of the pool. Here is my question. It is likely that the my daughter will have one of her friends spend the night in our room several nights and hang out with us a lot on the trip (they are the very best of friends). Would she be able to join us in the pool when she is staying in our room with us (FYI: we would not be exceeding allowable persons in the room)? Oh, also is the pool heated in the winter?

You would need to add her to your room in order for her to be given access to SAB. The only time that might become a problem since you are within the allowable person count would be if you are on a dining package where everyone listed in the room would have to be on it.

If this the case, you can use the quiet pools but she would not be able to use SAB.

Hi all!! So we're down to 65 days, 11 hrs and about 24 minutes till we check in at BCV (but hey, who's counting)!! My new dilemma is to do or not to do on-line check in? This is the 1st time we'll be arriving early, our plane, hopefully arrives at MCO at 9:35am. If I do on-line and I know it's not a guarantee, in fact it's probably a long shot, but do we have at least a chance at some pixie dust in having our room ready when we check in? and part b of this, is what if we don't like our room location, can I still change it once we're assigned? I do have a request already attached to the reservation for ground floor across from canal and I believe I can request ground floor on-line also. Any input would be greatly appreciated, you guys are the best!!!:thanks:

Hey there! While I don't know about the likelihood that your room will be ready (we fly in from out of state and don't usually hit the BC doors until about 3), you can set up a text alert that will let you know if your room is available during online check in. Someone else will need to tackle this bit!

As for online check in, I really like it. Others note that if you are really in need of one of your requests (a balcony, a daybed) checking in at the counter is best. However, for my situation (girls only trip, my mom and I), we already have what we need (Although I never turn down the option of more towel animals. That should be a new room request! ::yes::). Therefore, check in is so quick! They know who we are hopping off the Magical Express and we are usually walking away from the counter in 5 minutes.

Whatever you choose, have a great vacation!!!!! :banana:

Getting excited :banana:

Yikes! I plan on being up at midnight to schedule our FP+ - kids would be thrilled to see A&E but am going to really tired if it takes several hours!

Can you do some FP+ and then go back the next day and finish up?

TIA, Helen

You would need to add her to your room in order for her to be given access to SAB. The only time that might become a problem since you are within the allowable person count would be if you are on a dining package where everyone listed in the room would have to be on it.

If this the case, you can use the quiet pools but she would not be able to use SAB.

Okay, good information to know when we book. We could certainly add her to our room. That may also help us make a decision about using dining plan. I was on the fence about whether that would be worth the money for us.

Would it also affect tickets if we put tickets on our room?

Getting excited :banana: Yikes! I plan on being up at midnight to schedule our FP+ - kids would be thrilled to see A&E but am going to really tired if it takes several hours! Can you do some FP+ and then go back the next day and finish up? TIA, Helen

You can book them and change them as much or as little at a time as you want. It's very flexible. I was just trying to get very specific things for a large number of people at one time so it was a little trickier for me.

Okay, good information to know when we book. We could certainly add her to our room. That may also help us make a decision about using dining plan. I was on the fence about whether that would be worth the money for us. Would it also affect tickets if we put tickets on our room?

Only if the tickets made it a package. Room only + tickets would be fine.

Hope this isn't a silly question but when we stayed a BC ground floor a several years ago we couldn't leave via the patio doors as you could only lock them from the inside! So how do you secure your room as we would love to request a patio room to save on the walking?

Same question for me!

@beachmom- we will look for you at SAB since I, too, have planned pool time every afternoon. It will be me (mom), DS6 (super blond and a little tall for his age) and DGM (big hair, afraid of the water but will go in if DS asks :) I will be probably be drinking adult beverages and trying to read or check email (I know--It's supposed to be vacation!) while DS tries to get me to play with him in the water since DGM won't go in water deeper than her waist!

Okay, good information to know when we book. We could certainly add her to our room. That may also help us make a decision about using dining plan. I was on the fence about whether that would be worth the money for us. Would it also affect tickets if we put tickets on our room?

I'm also wondering about her MB being able to open the resort room though. Is she staying at another on site resort? If so, I don't know how her MB would be connected to both rooms if she is listed in both at the same time. If she is off site, then I don't see a problem.

I'm also wondering about her MB being able to open the resort room though. Is she staying at another on site resort? If so, I don't know how her MB would be connected to both rooms if she is listed in both at the same time. If she is off site, then I don't see a problem.

Okay, another thing to ask CMs about. We are not booking for another month as the coach is still deciding which competition event he wants to do (January or February). Her family has discussed staying on property as well as off-site.
I'm an on property girl and like to be totally immersed.

Since we don't have magic bands here at Disneyland, I am still trying to figure them out. If we buy tickets separately from our rooms, can they be added to our magic bands?

Hope this isn't a silly question but when we stayed a BC ground floor a several years ago we couldn't leave via the patio doors as you could only lock them from the inside! So how do you secure your room as we would love to request a patio room to save on the walking?
The patio doors lock from the inside. I would only leave briefly -- like when we watched Illuminations -- and then return. Of course, we could see our patio room just about all the time. As far as less walking, if you are on the first floor, there is less walking obviously, being able to get out some side doors, probably.

Remember they want you to have your luggage (that is not checked in to the airline in advance) out of storage at Bell Services a half an hour in advance of your Magical DEPRESS departure.

If you got up early you could hit the quiet pool. If you really wanted to hit SAB you could arrange for a town car to take you to the airport but that would only save you a half an hour at most. Also remember you will probably be dog tired from all that running around during the previous couple of days.

It might be fun to take a trip over to the spa and tell them you are sweaty and in need of a shower.... that's what I would do to fill my schedule if we are talking that small amount of time... but that is just me.

You could also hit the boardwalk for breakfast at the bakery. Bring your Tupperwear and buy some "to go" snacks for the airport. You can get pastries through TSA checkpoints at the airport.

I'm not sure what time the stores open at the boardwalk but there is The Fittings and Farings store at the Yacht Club to check out. You could also ride the boats around in the early morning... sort of like a relaxing farewell cruise.

Ok, so now I am out of ideas.... Can anybody else come up with something better?

Thanks all for the suggestions, and I forgot about the luggage aspect! Maybe just one last sorrowful walk around the property and last minute souvenir/snack shopping at the Boardwalk would work! That day is going to be so sad, not to mention I need to get on a prop plane on our connecting flight home and I'm already trying not to freak out about that!

I have my 3 nights booked at bcv and have been planning for a split stay, however, that Epcot is one of my favorite of the parks I may just add a few days to my stay and stay at BC or YC. I have never stayed at club level at any Disney resort. Seeing that I will be on the deluxe dining plan, do you think it would be worth my while to try club level? Just can't seem to make up my mind.
And if I did try for club level, does one lounge have a better view or is one lounge bigger than the other?

Are the full balconies on all floors or are they mostly on the upper or lower? A full balcony is my first request but then I also requested an upper floor and thought I should check to make sure that won't hurt my chances.

Okay, another thing to ask CMs about. We are not booking for another month as the coach is still deciding which competition event he wants to do (January or February). Her family has discussed staying on property as well as off-site.
I'm an on property girl and like to be totally immersed.

Since we don't have magic bands here at Disneyland, I am still trying to figure them out. If we buy tickets separately from our rooms, can they be added to our magic bands?

I don't think that you will be able to add your daughter's friend to your room if she is already staying in an onsite resort in her parent's room. Her MB will be linked to her parents room.

As far as tickets go, yes, you can buy your tickets separately and add them to your MDE account. Once you add your tickets to your account they will automatically be linked to your MB's. :)

Are the full balconies on all floors or are they mostly on the upper or lower? A full balcony is my first request but then I also requested an upper floor and thought I should check to make sure that won't hurt my chances.

There is no guarantee that any particular floor will have a full balcony. For example, there are fourth floor rooms with full balconies and there are fourth floor rooms with standing balconies. It all depends on what section you are in. But, I have noticed that there seem to be more full balconies on the second floor than on the third floor. There is an option to request a full balcony on the online check in form, so that is your best chance of getting a full balcony.

Any place in or around the BCR to get Mickey Waffles? Thanks!

You can get them at a table service restaurant like Cape May or Captain's Grill, or at Picabo at the Dolphin (or is it the Swan?)

Today is our 60 days!!!:cool1::hyper: We are doing split stay, first 5 nights at AKL and then moving 8 nights into YC. I made our FP+ today and it took good chunk of time doing that. It is just so fun planning! ::yes:: I was able to book all our 14 days of FP+.

Tomorrow is my 60 day mark - so as loony as I am, I'll be up at midnight to book our FP+!

A little bit nervous as I've never done this before.
I can book for the whole trip - just like ADR's, right?

Finished school Friday. Just have our school's golf outing today and then I'll be able to Dis to my heart's content!

Unfortunately I plan to upgrade Andrew's ticket to an AP in July so that means u can't book FP+ for my August trip until we get back. By then it will on be about 18 days out. Oh well, I'm sure there will be enough FP+ left to choose from and he won't care about seeing Anna & Elsa. (I'm making him go in July!! :))

Getting excited :banana:

Yikes! I plan on being up at midnight to schedule our FP+ - kids would be thrilled to see A&E but am going to really tired if it takes several hours!

Can you do some FP+ and then go back the next day and finish up?

TIA, Helen

I'm just quoting this group because it is so exciting to know that we are all obsessing this week about how to book FastPasses. Can't wait for the next 9 weeks to pass by! :banana: :banana: :banana:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter